[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alcohol(ic) thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
I used to be a relatively fit dude up until 21 when I started drinking a lot; I picked up music and all the comes with it (playing shows,drinking all night, doing drugs mmmkay,etc.) and neglected my workouts and diets. I've been drinking pretty regular since for 4 years.

Two years ago I started drinking a lot heavier than usual (half- a whole bottle of alcohol) about 5-7 times a week until it caused problems with people around me after about a year. I cut straight alcohol out almost entirely and started drinking beers for the past year.

I would go through a 12 pack a night for the same 5-7 day durations until I just decide to be a NYR fag and stop after the first.

Been walking/jogging, cut my caloric intake to 1500-1700, light workouts to strengthen my joints and ligaments.

On day 4 cold turkey but I'm not feeling many side effects they said I would. Ami fucked later on or is this shock diet helping reduce withdrawal symptons?

21 year old = 185lbs
25 year old = 240 lbs
>>
>>35510765
I was you

I went to AA

Dropped 60 pounds in 6 months from not drinking (still are like garbage)

Started lifting a year ago went from like 215 down to 185 and now I'm a sold 195.

Only you can decided of you need a program (AA). The bonus for me is never having to try and figure out my diet because I don't drink at all anymore.
>>
>>35510982
Forgot to add

25 yrs =160
29 yrs = 260
32 yrs = current weight 195
>>
>>35511036
I just turned off this switch in my head. I don't have this crazy urge to drink only on occasions such as football games and the social outings. Did you have withdrawal symptoms at all?

I really drank because I would get high and sometimes get anxiety/paranoid high so id use it to counter. Stopped smoking for prospects of better income so the urge isn't strong at all.
>>
>>35511417
If you didn't get acute withdrawal symptoms, then you won't get them later.
>>
>>35511417
Well I had trouble sleeping at first. But nothing like the DTs out anything like that. Once I started sleeping I was sleeping like 12 hours a day for a few weeks.

Yeah I need the program of AA. I have met a lot of lifters there too.

Do what works for you. I'll never be able to "enjoy a beer" during a football game. When I take one drink I don't know what will happen. I tend to come to in places that I have no recollection of ever travelling to.
>>
>>35511939
Same with me man. If I have one it turns into Atleast 8
>>
>>35511962
I have been sober almost 4 years and even more when of I ever think about drinking I think about drinking like 2 bottles of wine and 5th of Jack. It's never OH BOY ILL HAVE A BEER WITH BROS THEN HEAD OUT. It's THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF ALCOHOL THAT CAN QUIET MY THIRTSSSSS

CAPTCHA was steak. Thank you for reminding me is gains OCLOCK
>>
File: 1452013406549.jpg (20KB, 342x281px) Image search: [Google]
1452013406549.jpg
20KB, 342x281px
>>35511794
>>35511939

Good to know. Reading up in on it kinda scared me. All I got were these intense nightmares of things I guess I was repressing with alcohol because I haven't thought of them in a while. After the first couple of days of the cold sweats/nightmares it felt like I took off a blacked out helmet and I felt clear.

>>35511962
>>35512054
Hopefully it doesn't come to that for me I feel like 5-6 would have to be my limit or like you guys I may go into Lahey mode
>>
>>35510982
Iv heard that alot thats amazing. I had a friend lose 78lbs in a year simply from stopping alcohol. He did a complete 180. Shits posion
>>
>>35511939
Try sober recovery.com they are good folks all quitting or abstained
>>
The only withdrawal symptoms I've had were anxiety and insomnia, but they went away after a week. You should be really glad to quit before it gets bad enough for DT withdrawals.

I'm nearly a month sober now, feeling much better than my drinking days. Everything is better sober than turning to the bottle.

My personal experience/advice is that I couldn't quit drinking when I first perceived a problem. I had to keep reaching rock bottom over and over bottom. I hope you're smarter than me and just cut it out now, instead of jumping into the abyss before deciding to get out like I did.
>>
What would you guys say is the maximum amount of alcohol a person can ingest while still making gains? I'm limiting my consumption to six drinks a week.
>>
I used to drink a bottle whiskey every single night.

Got a dui last year. Woke in jail realizing I had hit rock bottom.

Lost my job because I was a driver, had to use all my savings to pay of lawyer and fines.

Started going to AA and i've been sober for about 5 months. Was 245 lbs at the time of my dui, just weighed myself today and i'm at 200, abs are finally starting to reappear, haven't had them since my early 20's.

Honestly getting the DUI was the best thing that ever happened to me, I probably would have drank myself to death.

There are AA meetings everywhere, at almost every time. Go to one and see if its for you.
>>
>>35514278
Consensus seems to be 2 glasses of red wine sparingly from passed threads.

One anon suggest to just wait til the weekend when you won't workout for 2 days and just get shitty so it doesn't really mess your gains too bad. This is the route I'm gonna take most likely wether or not it works just in case . And if not it's only a couple of days I would workout anyway
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.