[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he good at advice or just a meme, I don't get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: lescoobyface.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
lescoobyface.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Is he good at advice or just a meme, I don't get it
>>
He's big and he gives advice. People pick it apart because it's easier to attack something that someone else says than put yourself and your ideas out there for criticism. Like literally everything else, cast a critical eye on it and make your own choices, don't let anyone make decisions for you.
>>
>>35510022
GTFO Scooby.
>>
No he does actually give pretty good advice

His videos on bread and activating your chest helped me
>>
>>35510022
I have no other option but to take other's peoples advices. I've been looking for a program to look /fit/ for months but literally everything I got so far was
>hurr durr le squats
>"i have anterior pelvic tilt and a couple other back problems, i can't"
>hurr durr faggot you wont make it lol
Am I supposed to just venture in the gym and find whiever exercise pleases me?
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 619x386px
He's a faggot.
Everyone praises him as the all natty God of fit but in all reality he's a lying fedora toolbag.
>>
I've found that his videos are a lot better for beginners, and not as useful for people that are experienced lifters.
Although lifting aside, his videos on editing and nutrition are great, I've started using a few of his recipes on a weekly basis.
>>
>>35510050

I would bet money you're actually built like George R.R. Martin
>>
>>35510048
That's what I did, but I dunno if it's related but I can't really deadlift or squat more than 55 lbs without incurring week-long leg day syndrome. Fuck it eh. I'm not rich so I can't afford to eat 200g of protein a day so bulking is out of the question.

No matter how many exercises I do to correct posture, it only seems to remain at best. In some places it actually got WORSE.
>>
He's a gentle old dude, his advice is good in general, but often he's a little too cautious of any risks involved, except when he builds weird contraptions that will kill you if you copy them poorly. Also his advice on meal schedules is bogus. If you want to lift at home with minimal amounts of money spent, his website is a good place to start.
>>
>>35510048
The opposite of blind subscription to a single person's ideas is not to just guess. You take a program like SS for example, experiment with it, and when you're good enough to understand what about it isn't working for you, you make changes.
>>
>>35510048
>>35510084
See this
>>35510099
He places a ton of emphasis on safety and pain prevention. His main focuses are home workouts, going without supplements, and working out on a budget.
>>
>>35510120
I know, but he is also a very outdoorsy dude. I fucking hate cardio but I NEED cardio. I can only maintain focus with cardio when it's controlled. Treadmill only, in the gym to avoid weather, uneven ground, shitty neighbourhood and me losing focus because cardio's boring and my mind wanders making me slow down to a crawl without realizing it.
>>
>>35510190
Do HIIT. You can do it with bodyweight squats, kettlebell swings, sprints or basically anything that uses your whole body and keeping focus won't be an issue.
>>
>>35510220
Still need to be outside for that tho~
If I wasn't such a poorfag I'd actually buy my own treadmill or exercise bike so I can do that shit in my room.
>>
>>35510233
wait wait wait, bodyweight squats? I do those in my room. That counts as fucking cardio?
>>
>>35509995

scooby is the natty king of /fit/

too bad he left us ;__;

hes giving legit advice and hes one of the sane people on YouTube

dude just wants to help ups
>>
>>35510248
he still lurks, in a recent video of his where he records his monitor you can see /fit/ as a tab in his browser
Probably also posts, but without a trip
>>
>>35510248
>>35510256
>>
>>35510242
>That counts as fucking cardio
If you don't do 20 and then call it a day, yeah. Full power bodyweight squats on intervals are cardio. If something gets your heart pumping for a long period of time, it's cardio. And the outside issue goes away if you do your stuff on intervals, because you will concentrate during those, the timer always gets you back in the game. Stuff like kettlebell or burpees also work inside pretty well if you're full on NEET that never ventures outside.
>>
>>35510268

i know he does

im sure he posts sometimes .. when he left he said hes doing it in a puzzle kind of way

but hes one of the only people in the world that should trip
>>
>>35510084
You don't need to eat 200 grams of protein a day to bulk, you idiot.

Stop reading bb.com articles and stop making these lame ass excuses.
>>
>>35510268
:D
If only he could post with trips again.
>>
>>35510303
Ah, well shit. What's good indoor HIIT exercise routine then? Or should I just slap one together myself out of any I find good and fit a 10-20 minute time slot?
>>
>>35510346
This is true. BB.com has some good advice, but everything the write is extremely exaggerated to make you buy more of their products. Don't fall for the 1g of protein per pound of body weight meme. As long as you're getting in ~120 a day, you'll be just fine, and that's easily achievable with a regular diet and 4 scoops. If you regulate what you eat even better, you shouldn't need more than 2 scoops.
>>
>>35510346
Well, I struggle to get my 1g per kg of total bodyweight (70) unless I eat a chicken breast and have to have eggwhites, eggs, tuna and oats to patch it all up.

The other alternative is carb overload. I don't work, so cheapo bread and pasta is mostly what I got going for me. Trying to replace it with fruit and veg.
>>
>>35510399

bulking is hard on a budget

cutting is incredible easy .. even if you eat meat every day

just learn how to meal prep in advance and you save a lot of fucking money

i spent like max 40€/$ a week while cutting and i eat meat every day + breakfast and some snacks in between
>>
>>35510408
It is yes, especially in my area where healthy food isn't as available and other alternatives are a bit too far to consider for everyday trips.

What kind of stuff did you have? Food advice, particular efficient recipes etc. Would really appreciate it.
>>
>>35510369
In the spirit of the thread, I'm just gonna link you some scoobs. Routine depends on your physical status, it works best if you figure it out yourself, if you start doing stuff on a timer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ausKeLDhoxo
>>
Scooby made me start lifting. He was one of the only guys years ago that didn't have an agenda and gave solid info for a noob like me.

>gooby pls come back
>>
>>35510481
This
>>
wish i would have listened to him
i'd rather be an unfit fuck than be injured after falling for the power lifting meme
>>
>>35510423
Based Scooby. Thank you. I need to find some sort of timer app for PC because I don't own a smartphone..

Jogging on the spot, jumping jacks, bodyweight squats, burpees.. coming up with more. Figure the more varied my exercises the less boring they are.
>>
>>35510540
>I need to find some sort of timer app for PC because I don't own a smartphone..
If you don't find anything that works for you, you can always just install an android emulator. There are a trillion timer apps in the store there.
>>
>>35510050
he's natty you fat fuck. haven't you seen his progress pics spanning over 30 years
>>
>>35510575
Such things exist? Forgive me, bit of a luddite honestly. Thank you very much.
>>
>>35509995
All hail scooby, king of /fit/ yesterday, today and for all eternity.
>>
File: kek.jpg (127KB, 600x769px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
127KB, 600x769px
gooby is generally more right than wrong, people who criticise him here don't understand that he says the things he does because he just doesn't want people getting hurt taking his advice
>>
File: man-thinking.jpg (89KB, 302x524px) Image search: [Google]
man-thinking.jpg
89KB, 302x524px
He just gets shit because he doesn't recommend weights for everything. Probably because he's an engineer he feels the need to improve on everything.

And he calls out some of the fitness community's bullshit.
>>
>>35510050
He's taking test for his low test levels from old age, which as he points out is entirely different from raising your test to unhealthy levels
>>
His website is quite good, lots of useful stuff on there.
>>
>>35510084
Leg DOMS will go away if you spend 10 minutes in the stationary bike before you lift
>>
>>35510268
Kek
>>
Scooby is a faggot
>b-but muh health
Yeah fuck off redditors.
>>
>>35510882
>F-faggots on /fit/
Welcome new friend.
>>
>>35510048
well no. Do some research yourself. If you can't squat and deadlift, look up alternative exercises that will hit your lower back, glutes, hammies, and quads. The reality is that no exercise will replace squats and deads, but that doesn't mean you can't still look good. Hack squats, leg press, machine exercises for isolations are alternatives. You won't be able to get the same amount of overall strength, but I doubt that you care.

Honestly, is it really IMPOSSIBLE for you to squat? Even squatting low weight is good for a beginner as it will help your CNS adapt to firing many muscles simultaneously. There's absolutely nothing wrong with low weights if your goal is general fitness.
>>
pls come back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXUnyYTkpD4
>>
>>35510399
DESU unless you're stalling don't worry about it... Just keep making gains. In terms of cost per gram of protein, I don't think you can beat whey unless you live on a farm.
>>
>>35510920
>unless you live on a farm.
I don't think you understand farm life, desu.
>>
>>35510598
Implying that means jack all shit.
>>
>>35510422

>in my area where healthy food isn't as available

thats a meme

idk if you are still here but once you educate yourself about food you will be able to identify healthy food better and see things you didnt see before

every store has healthy affordable food items

Don't ask for recipes.

Educate yourself about food and you will be able to make your own recipes.

For meat i buy chicken breast. 1 Kilo costs around 7-8€ and im sure its not more expensive in the US - If you are able to take advantage of reduced prices etc its even less.

Rice is incredible cheap and a good source of carbs, so are oats.

You can buy rice for a month for 5 bucks - same goes for Oats (500 gr are 40 cent here).

Vegetables vary in price cause season so see what you can find - broccoli is always good.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIqj12N6PhnDgYFRfSJOD8__vfEjGVdu6

Start here - YouTube has all the information you need about food and human anatomy.

Also educate yourself about the inner workings of your body to understand better what actually happens when you eat something.

Education makes everything easier.
>>
File: greg o'gallager legs.png (240KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
greg o'gallager legs.png
240KB, 300x300px
>>35510675
this.

it is basically the opposite of recommending a beginner to do heavy snatches, deadlifts, squats, and cleans.

now those exercises are fantastic, arguably the best lifts out there..

but you shouldn't encourage someone with no lifting experience or knowledge to try and teach themselves to do that properly off of a youtube video.

if you care enough to squat or snatch, you will pick up the required reading material, and sort through it yourself.

if you are so lazy you need a quick and easy youtube video, you probably aren't going to be the best at picking up proper form without someone to assist you.

also quads/hamstrings are the easiest muscles to pack mass on to, so its not like you NEED heavy backsquats.

doing a pistol squat with 50lb dumbbell in each hand is sufficient (pic related) - and skateboard squats can be a meaningful way to progress up to doing bodyweight pistol squats (then you just add weight)

taken in it's proper context (Advice given to lazy dyels on youtube, not expert fitness advice), scooby's advice is 9.5/10.

the only real issue i take up with him, is his form on dumbbell shoulder press.

motherfucker presses in the frontal plane, and wonders why he had to have surgery on his shoulder
>>
>>35511931
>tfw this motherfucker has your same typing style and posts right before you.

great.

now everyone is going to think we are a samefag...
>>
>>35511959
Greg has the size of a starving kenyan. it sick.
>>
>>35510248
If theres one thing I'm pissed at /Fit for, its or driving our natty king away. He was just a bro trynna help us out, and some of y'all decided to dox his ass ;,,,,,,;
>>
>>35511987
>implying
>>
>>35510408
Get some mass gainer in the January sales hombre that's like a free month and a half bulk
>>
scooby gives good advice to beginners and is also a meme
>>
>>35512005
Go out and look at normies for a while, senpai. It helps with the BD.
>>
>>35510920
>can't beat whey for cost
Beans are twice as cheap per gram
http://scoobysworkshop.com/protein-sources/
>>
>>35511931
>>35511959

>30 repliers to this thread

gtfo samefag
>>
>>35510048
If you want to start out with a program, you can really do SS or something similar.

What you need to look for in a beginner program is something that covers everything:

Chest, Back/Lats, Legs (and Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps).

This is because you do light weights as a beginner and you recover faster since your muscles are still weak and you cannot damage them as much through lifting. You recover very fast so its possible for you to train out a muscle every other day. Because of that, a beginner has the biggest gains if he actually trains everything every other day.

If you don't want to do something like SS because you dont want to squat or something like that (I certainly didnt want to do that), simply try to replace the exercises that a program suggests with something that trains the same muscles.
For example, you can train your chest by doing the bench press, or by just pressing dumbbells.

You can train your lats by doing pullups. If its impossible for you to do pullups then try to emulate pullups so that you can get strong enough to actually do them. There are machines that allow you do pull down a wide bar down to your body, just do those.

You can train your legs by doing squats without a barbell. There are these "machines" where you just squat up and down and you have these things on your shoulders that have some weight on them. Since you're not actually doing a squat with a barbell and since youre leaning back on the machine, there's way less to actually fuck up. If you still cant do that, just do something like leg press + hamstring curl.

After you've done these, you can add things if you feel that you have the time and power to do more. You can do the military press for shoulders, or skull crushers for triceps, do bicep curls etc.
After some time, the beginner plans wont do it for you anymore, you wont have the noob gainz after a while. At that point you have to start punishing your muscles much more, doing 2-4 exercises for each.
>>
File: för helvete.jpg (28KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
för helvete.jpg
28KB, 396x400px
>>35510268
SILKEBORG
>>
File: 2016-01-06 19_15_05.png (73KB, 1127x819px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06 19_15_05.png
73KB, 1127x819px
>>35511987
>>35512089
>>35512308

im not same fagging .. i came back to this thread after a few hrs or smth and just tried to help that guy

whats the point of accusing people when i can just make a screenshot
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.