[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much exactly is 1pl8 OHP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Standing-Overhead-Press.jpg (74KB, 460x410px) Image search: [Google]
Standing-Overhead-Press.jpg
74KB, 460x410px
Do you guys do OHP with olympic bars or some regular lightweight bars?
Because I see people who aim for 1pl8 OHP, which would be 2x20kg = 40kg, which seems pretty lightweight.

40kg + 20kg olympic bar = 60kg, and that would be rather a good milestone.

So what exactly 1pl8 OHP means?
>>
60kg or 135lbs which is much more impressive and why USA > EU
>>
its 60kg.

And when pple post 1/2/3/4 they mean it for 5RM, not 1RM. So the first OHP milestone would be 5x60kg.
>>
>>35508953
Pl8 means how many 20 kg plates are on either side of the 20kg bar. So it's 60 kg
>>
>OHP 62.5x5
>Bench 82.5x5
>DL 165x5

>Squat 95x5

Why even live?
>>
>>35508953
Isn't every long barbell 20 kg?
>>
>>35508972
Are you fucking retarded or smth?
Normal Bench:OHP ratio is like 1.7. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>35508972
kg or lbs? Record your deadlift bro. Its possible that you are rounding your back to be able to lift it. Your squat indicates that your legs are too weak for that DL.
>>
>>35509002
I had similar ratios. Some people are more likely to have an impressive press than bench. However, as you keep training your bench will keep going up. I think its mostly because bench requires more technique and pressing is simply raw power.
>>
>>35508958
ooooh

it all makes sense now
>>
>>35508982

No. 20kg is standard for a mens oly bar, but there's also a bunch of variants and plenty of cheaper knockoffs that are just extra-long standard bars.

Just from my local gym there's bars at 10, 15, 20 and 25kg. There's noticeable difference between all of them, but they all take oly plates and if you weren't paying attention you could pretty easily grab and set up with the wrong one (done it myself before. protip: don't deadlift with a squat bar. it hurts).
>>
>>35508958
Dyel? 1/2/3/4 is 10rm
>>
>>35509002
>tfw i have the exact same OHP:Bench ratio
just fuck my /plg/ dreams up senpai
>>
>>35508972
bench 160 lbs 5rm
dl 265 5 rm(all in lbs)
squat 185 5rm lmao
ohp 102.5 5rm

5months of srs workin out only started deadlifting 1-2 months ago and same with squats, i used shitty smith squats which transferred very little power to my legs and ive been stalling for 2 months on squats now
>>
so you guys think its impressive to DL 60KG from the ground or what?
>>
>>35509248
>stalling for 2 months on squats
>185 lbs
your form is probably really fucked up fami, work on hip, ankle and shoulder mobility
>>
File: 1448256581600.jpg (87KB, 511x606px) Image search: [Google]
1448256581600.jpg
87KB, 511x606px
>>35509274
yeah thats a pretty big lift. post body please
>>
>>35509003
Lmao what
Rounding your back makes the lift harder not easier you idiot
>>
>>35509336

Easier off the floor, harder at lockout. Which typically does result in more weight lifted, since the weakness off the floor in most people is more pronounced than their lockout issues with a rounded back.
>>
>>35509336
>Rounding your back makes the lift harder not easier you idiot
you have never seen someone struggle with a heavy diddly and round their back to get it up? anon was right, that dl is heavy for his squat
>>
wait so when you put in your e stats, you're supposed to include the weight of the bar?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.