[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Smoking-006[1].jpg (17KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Smoking-006[1].jpg
17KB, 460x276px
How are you holding up?
A bit over two weeks here, didn't have cravings for the first ten days but now I'm going nuts, is it because I don't have anything else to do right now and just sit at home all day?
I probably need to distract myself, hope I won't relapse.
>>
Nicotine should only be active in the body for about 72 hours.

Disassociate yourself the hobbies you had while smoking.

I would chew and read the morning paper so I started lifting in the am.
>>
>>35507129
>Disassociate yourself the hobbies you had while smoking.
Sitting at home on my computer and socializing with people, that's literally all I do though
>>
>>35507129
They physical effects of Nicotine withdraw last for around 21 days. STFU when you know nothing about a topic.
>>
>>35507143
If I relapse and say smoke one cigarette after two weeks, will I be on day 1 again in terms of overcoming the withdrawal effects?
>>
>>35507141
>>35507082
Its really mostly a mental game. Those craving are your body returning to normal. Dont think "oh this means I need a smoke" Rather think "Hey, I feel this, this is good, it means I am finally ridding myself of this addiction. I never have to smoke again and every day will get better and better"

Quit smoking the easy way is a good book to get your mind right.

>>35507154
Dont kid yourself. You wont smoke just one. Its never just one.
>>
>>35507173
f-fuck you just let me smoke one
>>
>>35507082
you need to calm down, you are literally a couple days away from being free. the first 2 weeks are the hardest for quitting heroin
>>
>>35507082
Day 5 here. I'm also fasting (drinking water and coffee only) at the same time, and the cravings weirdly canceled each other out. Not completely but I feel miserable and my brain can't figure out if I need food or a cig.

16ish days to go. No working out during the fast though, just sauna. And alone time reading.

I've done long fasts before but never without smoking. Hopefully it'll ease up in a day or two.
>>
>>35507082
Cigarette addiction isn't just the nicotine. There are a lot of different compounds in tobacco that are added and that occur naturally, so that is part of the addiction. Also, a lot of it is psychological, since smoking is so often associated with boredom, stress and being social.

All of those things would give me cravings and eventually I took on a high stress job and then I broke down and started smoking again after a year and a half without. Now I mitigate the damage by vaping (inb4 "WE GET IT YOU VAPE").

Not saying you'll succumb to the same things that I did, but it's a matter of breaking the psychological addiction more than the physical.
>>
I quit smoking like 2 or 3 months ago, I can't remember exactly. Here's how I did it.
> Was broke
> Too proud to ask for cigarettes all the time
> Rather spend my money on food

After a few weeks without smoking I bought a pack and the taste was disgusting. And that's it I stopped at that moment.

The only moment I crave a cigarette is when I have a good meal in a restaurant or fast food wich is rare.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.