[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally get my gym membership >horror and anxiety prevents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 19

File: 1448881751317.png (491KB, 1832x2366px) Image search: [Google]
1448881751317.png
491KB, 1832x2366px
>finally get my gym membership
>horror and anxiety prevents me from going for around a week
>read every NYR thread and dont want to be one of them
>mommy drives me to the gym
>go in there and tell them im new
>some chad coach shows me around and talks about machines
>im telling him im going to do SS and i dont want to use machines
>he asks me "what is this?"
>i explain to him that its supposed to be one of the best beginner programs
>he asks me what the workout is
>tell him its squats, DL, BP and explain him the volume
>he bursts out laughing and pats me on the back
>tells me squats are too dangerous for a noob like me
>im telling him im going to do it anyway
>hes like "ok" and i can sense that he doesnt take me serious anymore
>we go to the free weight area and he says i should deadlift
>he puts like 150lbs on and tells me to DL and shows me form etc
>now its my turn
>try to DL that shit but i absolutely can't
>maybe lift it an inch or 2 in the air but my hands start to hurt
>motherfucker says "see i told you this is not for you why dont you go back t o the machines?"
>i mumble "w-what if its too much weight"
>he says "nah just train on machines and lift it later bro" and walks to some cardio bunny doing leg presses
>lets me stand around there alone and i dont know what to do anymore and just walk to the locker room and check my phone
>no new messages, no calls
>>
>>35506296
fck that guy, first 5 workouts are going to be horrible but once you get used to it, its not scary and its amazing. Just keep going, check out every part of the gym, maybe ask some more experienced people to help you out. My first time at the gym was also bad.
Man, i didnt even touch the bench press for over 3 months because it was right next to all the cardio equipment and the girls. But i eventually did it. keep going
>>
schedule a PT hour, tell them your goals, and take their advice. once you can breeze through whatever they tell you, come back to SS and lifting
>>
>>35506296
It's okay anon. It's going to be scary, but you're not use to the environment. I would watch videos on form. No one cares about how much you lift at the gym.
>>
>>35506362
wrong. fuck the PT. they make you do shitty frog jumps and some hippie shit. Go on youtube and look up some fitness channels and do research. Start light and focus on form. Dont waste time and money with those DYEL PTs
>>
let me just get this out of the way for you. ~80% of personal trainers are shit tier. Don't let some douche kill your motivation to become a Greek God!
>>
>>35506402
this, or have a friend help
>>
File: 458073717.png (341KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
458073717.png
341KB, 512x384px
>>35506296
That PT is right. Only real men can do do deadlifts. Im sick of you scrawny dyel taking up space trying to to deadlift 100lbs. Fuck off and never come back autist. If I ever see one of your kind at the gym Ill fucking beat the shit out you bitch
>>
>>35506296
I just went in and started squatting with bar only. Then I added 0,5pl8 and kept increasing slowly to get the form right. Same shit with dl, ohp, bench etc
Look at the form on bb.com webm videos and emulate it
>>
READ THE FCKING BOOK YOU STUPID FAGGOT
>>
>>35506452
I know this is bait, but what makes people post things like this?
>>
It was my first day aswell and I almost had the same expirience as op. I really had a first shitty day. I did some cardio warmup, bench press and then I didn't do the squats properly and went home.
>>
>>35506461
He doesn't actually lift
A lot of people on /fit/ don't lift
>>
>>35506296
go back tomorrow and stab him in the abdomen and make him deadlift his intestines. when he keels over in pain just pat him on the back and tell him he's better off with the machines. then you can deadlift and creep on the cardio bunniez in peace.
>>
>>35506461
being lonely on a Chinese bamboo enthusiast forum
>>
>>35506487
mass kek
>>
I had the same experience a year ago

>Go up to PT on my first day
>Ask where a good spot to do deadlifts is
>"Deadlifts? Why do you want to do deadlifts?"
>"Because it's a good whole body exercise"
>"Nah man that's advanced. You're not doing deadlifts"
>"Okay"
>Just go and do deadlifts in the middle of the gym anyway

PTs are 99% retarded.
>>
>>35506481
I think the word you're looking for is *most*
>>
>>35506296
can't tell if this is bait because i'm poisoned by irony but whatever
do your research, i.e. watch a lot of form videos on youtube. my view is that you learn from doing but you have to start somewhere
do not try to lift too much too quickly. it is very easy to hurt yourself when you're just starting out because your stabilizer muscles aren't very well-developed. and with exercises like squats and deadlifts you can injure yourself pretty seriously if you're not careful.
don't be afraid to post form checks on here or bodybuiliding.com or whatever turkish firework dissection forum you go on. people might make fun of you but they'll also help you.
go to the gym. no one really cares what you do there as long as it's not insanely weird and you're not in the way.
one other thing that helped me out a lot when i was just starting and sort of in that awkward phase was trying to envision how i would look a few months down the road. that sounds like a long time but it goes by pretty quick. if you stick to this thing it'll make a big difference for you. i know it did for me.
>>
>>35506362
>>35506402
>>35506425
dont listen to none of these retarded. go to bodybuilding.com and look for a nice beginner routiine.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 878x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 878x900px
>>35506296
Maybe you should stop being an idiot.

Did it ever occur to you that he might know what hes talking about?

He can see that you're a skeleton and you need to build some strength before free weights.

I did the same thing when i started lifting.

Stop thinking you're hot shit because you browse fit and use the fucking machines.
>>
>>35506296
hey op whats your number, ill call you
>>
>>35506564
that's what we basically said you nigger
why am i responding to bait
>>
>>35506594
I really appreciate it bro
>>
>>35506296
>skelly mode DYEL walks into the gym
>doesn't say a word to anyone, just walks straight to the power rack.
>fucker loads up 2pl8 all nonchalant
>me and gym buddy bet he fails on the first rep
>this dyel scrawny ass kid couldn't have been more than 120 lbs.
>busts out 5x5 2pl8 with perfect form like its nothing
>moves to bench, same shit. Putting some of the big guys who show up every day to shame.
>deadlift 280 lbs, again perfect form
>does the same fucking thing with ohp, dips, etc.
>leaves without saying a word.
Wtf just happened
>>
File: pepe4.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
pepe4.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>35506452
>100lbs
tfw i deadlift 45kg
>>
>>35506605
becausee ur a kuck, faggot
>>
>>35506698
ive seen kids like this at my boxing gym, fuckers look like they weigh 120 but could beat the fuck out of any grown man
>>
lmao are people seriously this socially anxious?

first time i was in the gym i fell over while squatting the bar and hit the uprights and i just continued with my shit. get ya head right
>>
>>35506698
can't tell I should be envious of his strength or feel bad for him bc no gains
>>
>>35506698

why would anyone say a word? do you go to the gym to chat to people?
>>
>>35506762
Normally people in my gym are really friendly, one guy offered to spot him on the bench and he just straight up ignored him, did the same thing when my gym bro asked if he was done with his sets. May have been mute for all I know, he just ignored everyone
>>
Actually he was right.
Two weeks at the machines helps your muscles getting getting used to workout. You can just jump to squats and press, but you'll risk an injury, and since you are working for your body will you really risk to fuck it?
There's no need to rush, getting fit takes time, don't be stupid.
>>
>>35506784
This is wrong, you realize bars weigh 45 lbs right? Most gyms even have 35 lb bars for really weak people. And most people can squat/ deadlift/ bench that much unless they have something medically wrong with them. There is no reason to fuck around on machines for two weeks beforehand, you will merely waste your time when you could be making actual gains.
OP please do not listen to these people telling you to use machines and not do the shit you wanna do. I spent months fucking around on machines before I switched to an actual fucking routine and there was 0 carry over to squats, deadlift, and bench.
Who gives a fuck what other people think you are at the gym for yourself not others.
>>
Fuck that guy, OP. Do your shit anyway. Even if you have to start with dumbbells. Hell, when I first started, I had to go to the yoga area to grab a bunch of their 3 inch thick platforms to set each side of the bar on, just so I could deadlift with the bar starting from a proper high. Ignore people telling you no, they're just trying to hold you back. Find a way to make shit work, and do what you need to do.
>>
>>35506590
Don't listen to this guy
>>
File: She_Hulk_lifts.jpg (396KB, 988x954px) Image search: [Google]
She_Hulk_lifts.jpg
396KB, 988x954px
>>35506296
>>mommy drives me to the gym

Sounds like you're a young man with no lifting experience.

>>he puts like 150lbs on

..to a 45 lb bar, suggesting that you start learning to deadlift at 200 lbs. Irresponsible would be a kind term, though one could add "criminally" before it to be more precise.

Here's your message:

You start with the bar. It's 45 lbs and will probably seem rather heavy. You get a good night's sleep and rest the next day. The day after that you add ten pounds, then another ten, then another and after a few months you should be much, much stronger. Every time you work to improve your form so you keep getting stonger while not injuring yourself. You start by deadlifting every workout, but then switch to every other workout and add the power clean after a few weeks.

You must also eat well, including lots of protein, and get plenty of sleep.

Read the book. Watch the videos; they are all on YouTube and Vimeo. Read the articles and the forum discussions. Listen to the podcasts.

Ignore the salesman / cattle herder in the "Trainer" t-shirt as he has nothing of value to offer you. See a Starting Strength coach* when the time comes to fix your form and programming.

*[Pic related.]
>>
>>35506890
>She Hulk
>Starting Strength Coach
>using Suicide Grip on The Press

She needs to reread SS.
>>
File: SUPERMONG.jpg (54KB, 736x960px) Image search: [Google]
SUPERMONG.jpg
54KB, 736x960px
>>35506452
>>
>>35506774
sounds like your gym is full of homos mate, sorry to tell ya but might be time to find a new one.
>>
>>35506511
Haha nice man +1
>>
>>35506712
I used to be you bro. Now i'm deadlifting an unimpressive 105kgs x 5
>>
>>35506511
oh wow, you go man! way to just do your own thing!
>>
File: tumblr_mv5ahysd1u1sm6f69o1_540.jpg (96KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv5ahysd1u1sm6f69o1_540.jpg
96KB, 502x417px
>>35506452
>>
File: 1446287704265.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446287704265.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>35506493
Well done
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 98x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 98x125px
>>35506511
you and the devil are like two peas in a pod
>>
>>35506296
I was finally able to use my Bane voice at the gym.
>I was doing Squats, going through my warm up sets.
>DYEL new year fag is watching me. He was impressed when I did 1plate...
>When I loaded two plate he says "you got this!"
>I know his heart is the right place, so I just nod.
>I do my working sets of 295 for 5 sets of 5 (whatever, fuck you too), and when I'm finished I can see he wants to talk.
>He says, "can you teach me how to do that exercise?"
>I reply in perfect Bane voice "it would be extremely painful."
>He says "I'm not afraid of working hard."
>"For me."

Okay it was a reverse Bane situation, but I still enjoyed myself.
>>
>>35506933
who is this mongrel rumbler
>>
>>35506296

>150lbs

You can start on, like 100lbs or something. You'll lift that no problem. The trainer was a cunt.
>>
>>35506296
listen to this guy >>35506402
the rest of this thread is garbage
>>
I remember when i got a friend into gym, he had to start on bodyweight squats because he couldn't get the bar up.

I don't know what he is doing now, he is doing a bro-split now. He did say he was deadlifting over 3pl8 tho
>>
>>35507287
kek
>>
>>35506511
>deadlifts are advanced
No wonder everyone in the gym is like fucking dyel pushing babby weight for the first year
>>
>>35506296
PTs are pretty dumb, but there are some good ones - if you ever meet a good one let him help you (if in doubt of his opinion research later)

First gym in my new town had one shitty PT, bench 1 plate and didn't see him do squats or deads once. Had a hit girlfriend though

Eventually met this other guy, Jay, taught me about deadlifts, squats, how bulking and cutting is supposed to work (this was all before /fit/)

Anyway I changed gyms after about 3 months, came back 2 years later way bigger than the first PT and he was impressed but also put in a sneaky roid comment. Was sad to hear Jay had left though desu senpai

What to take away from this is that there's a lot of shit PTs but you'll find good ones now and then and they are the ones you want to listen to
>>
>>35506296
Please be bait. Do what you're told. /fit/ is full of autists, 90% of which are less fit than anyone else in the world, and you're taking their advice over a coach?

Go sit on the fucking machines and lift the babby weight on the machines for a month and come back to SS later if you actually want to do it. Having slightly worse than optimal form is not worse than lifting zero pounds, which is what you are lifting if you can't DL 1pl8
>>
>>35506296
simple - join a powerlifting gym.. that's what I did
>>
>>35507997
Man, fuck trying to bring friends into the gym
>try to show friend proper ohp form
>he doesn't listen to any of it
>retell him, have him drop the weight and coach him through a few reps
>goes right back to shit form
>"put more weight on, bro"
>tell him it's not safe and shouldn't do it
>"I'll be fine, you gotta trust me"
>Does the absolute worst form ever on 70 lbs
>comes back a few days later
>"I can't do ohp anymore, man. Im just not made for it"
>rants about some stupid shit he read online about how some people don't have the anatomy for ohp
I hate people who make excuses for themselves. I do 1 plate presses for reps after multiple shoulder injuries and surgery without any pain anymore.

Some people are just destined for mediocrity
>>
File: wat2.jpg (147KB, 726x590px) Image search: [Google]
wat2.jpg
147KB, 726x590px
>>35506641
>Papa John's pizza
wut
>>
>>35508526
>not doing diddlies means pushing babby weight
>thinking the pull is a pushing exercise
>>
>>35507293
The true king of /fit/
>>
File: donttustnoman.png (340KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
donttustnoman.png
340KB, 600x600px
>>35508691
>>
>>35506990
hoping to get there bro
>>
File: 1451916760573.jpg (147KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451916760573.jpg
147KB, 600x480px
Most PTs I've encountered are DYEL dudes who barely lift and maintain their bodies mainly through diet and cardio. Great if you want to learn how to lose weight and stay healthy (which is what most people go to the gym for). If you want to pack on muscle and get big, PTs are useless. Watch YT videos, read up on form and lifts and then do it yourself gradually. As time goes on, you'll need a spot so make some friends too. And if you can, try cycling to the gym rather than getting your mom to drive you.
>>
File: imtiredofkillingretardeddragons.jpg (85KB, 840x623px) Image search: [Google]
imtiredofkillingretardeddragons.jpg
85KB, 840x623px
>>35506564
depends on the PT. My PT added squats, DL and OHP to my routine after 1 month. I started lifting in november.

mfw when i bulked a bit but still look DYEL
>>
>>35509397

Theres a PT at my gym that does 531 like me and lift relatively heavy. Whenever im there see him instructing someone some shitty lift or machine and we make eye contact, I can see the ''fuck my life'' in his eyes.
>>
>>35506407
I would have put it at about 90% desu
>>
>>35506296
dont worry, hes obviously a retard
stick to it, start lighter, make sure your form is good
>>
File: 1448286145679.png (62KB, 191x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448286145679.png
62KB, 191x200px
>>35506487
>>
File: 1448932523538.jpg (61KB, 509x509px) Image search: [Google]
1448932523538.jpg
61KB, 509x509px
>>35506890
>suicide grip sumo ohp
no thanks, gains goblin
>>
He sounds like a douche. Ive trained for the last 14 years and recently moved house and gym and the first few days I was training there I walked around like a dumb shit because I had no idea where the equipment I needed was.
>>
>>35509397
What's the time between pics? A year?
>>
You should probably stick to machines and build a good foundation before heading towards the free weights. It'll improve your balance/strength. That wah you can lift some decent weight in good form. You'll have to be patient for the first couple months doing that. Dropset, superset. Imo going straight to free weights is stupid, and also potentially dangerous. But to each their own.
>>
>>35509553
Okay, who let the retard in?
>>
>>35506296
I switched from SS to SL. The progress is the same, but people don't give death stares for jumping in the air with a bunch of weight.
>>
>>35509568
>Okay, who let the retard in?

Sorry. He outsmarted us.
>>
>>35509568
>Okay, who let the retard in?
Hey we are supposed to be supporting the NYR they will quit pretty soon any way and leave the real lifters.
>>
>>35506296
>Go to gym a year back
>Tell the guy I want to do stronglifts
>'It's a compound program focusing on Squats, Deadlifts and Bench'
>'Nah not allowed to do Deadlifts here bro, people can get injured and we're held accountable, I'll sort you out a workout'
>Workout is all machines
>Go once
>Don't go again

PT's don't know shit, I mean the guy was big but fuck I just wanted to get stronk and the routine was a fucking complicated high reps shit than I honestly couldn't be fucked with either.

It's took me a full fucking year to find a gym lose enough that allows people to train the compound exercises that is actually affordable (I live in a shitty place, all the gyms are ran by the council). I'm giving it another two weeks before I join though because everyone has been complaining about the NYR.
>>
>>35509568
>>35509645
>Start working out
>can only lift babby weights
>feel like a girl
>have no balance
>feel like quitting
>form is weak

>hit machines for a couple months
>build up strength
>max out machines
>hit free weights
>great balance
>good foundation
>lift better
>make better gainz

I don't think 70% of this board even work out.
>>
>>35509690
The jig is up! Get outta here
>>
>>35509548
Depends on his consistency. If he went to the gym every day, ate right and took supplements, it's closer to half a year between shots. You can look really good in about three years.
>>
>telling a PT about your autistic strength program

I hope you remembered to chalk your fedora before tipping.
>>
>>35506698
This is me. When I load up 3 pl8 I got some wierd looks at the uni gym. I look dyel because i don't really care about aesthetics, just my raw total. Maybe ill
Care about aesthetics later.
>>
>>35506350
>Not using the bench machine because it was near girls.
You're a faggot, but I used to do something similar.
Girls have a habit of doing their crunches and other exercises in front of the lifting platform. I would till the went somewhere else.
>>
>>35506698
haha this is me the other day, I'm a 19 dyel and there was a bunch of 22-25 year olds in a group all chatting. I could see them in the mirror giggling as I bench my warmup with nothing on the bar. > Mfw I slowly get up to my max and start benching 2pl8's and they soon wiped that smiling off there face as he proceeds to do his curls with 5kg...
>>
>>35506296
PT and gym staff don't give a shit about your workout. They want to fit as many people in their gym as possible. A million machines means a lot of customers. If everyone was doing SS or similar, they'd need a million racks, benches, etc. Do what you want, ignore their shit advice.
>>
>>35506590
>build strength before using freeweights
>make no gains for stabilizing muscles
>no carry over strength because you did retarded fixed movements

Enjoy snapping your shit when you try to lift something heavy with no technique and muscle imbalances
>>
File: 1451540370496.png (246KB, 1136x717px) Image search: [Google]
1451540370496.png
246KB, 1136x717px
>>35508636
>less than 135 lbs is 0 lbs
>>
>>35506296
PT's in my former gym were also shit.
I did machines for over a year and made little progress. Then i started doing some squats and wanted to start 5x5 so I got myself a power rack and learned it myself.
Made more progress in a month of 5x5, than in a year with machines.

Also:
>be in gym lifting and minding my own stuff
>see PT walking arround with two grills and introducing them to the machines
>one was a cutie, the other a little bit of a landwhale
>nothing against landwhales when they are trying
>as I swap arround the machines and see them more often I beginn to notice it
>PT only focuses on the qt, ingores fatty completly
>PT's now practically hitting on the qt, fatty seems more and more depressed
>As the two get more flirty, the PT sends the fatty of to a machine across the gym
>I think for myself the fatty won't show up again, the qt will probably show up 2-3 more times, as long as the PT doesn't find a new fucktoy
>>
>>35506296
You must be very weak if you can't do 150
When I started I was a dyel weakling, and I did 155 for reps.

I was so proud, until my brother (who's a personal trainer) is like "you're a man, you're supposed to be able to lift that much"
>>
>>35506296

wow what an asshole

he deliberately put on too much weight, and pressured you to try it without warming up

avoid such assholes in the future

[spoiler] but you should probably stick to machines until you feel comfortable [/spoiler]
>>
>>35506712
a..are you a grill ? pls respond
>>
>>35508724
>taking everything literally
Surprised you didn't correct the spelling, you autist.
>>
File: 1439466844623.jpg (27KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
1439466844623.jpg
27KB, 393x391px
>>35507287
jesus christ anon you are a madman.
>>
>>35506296
PTs lie m8. They have to justify their wages
>>
>>35508724
you don't pull on the deadlift you retard.
>>
>>35509436
I still don't get people like him, I mean if the client says something along the lines of "I just wanna work out a bit and lose some weight" then it is perfectly fine to show them some machines and cardio stuff. But if people come in and want to become "big and strong" why not show them real beginner routines and compound movements ?
>>
>>35506296
lmao
save money and do ss at home with your own weights
>>
>>35506296
>Go back to gym tomorrow
>Don't talk to receptionist
>Don't make eye contact with PTs
>Answer "no thanks" if offered help
>Go to the free weights.
>Start doing your SS routine
>First set with bar and only add weight that you know you can lift
>Walk out
>>
>>35506712

My cousin started training with me in december.
He started at 40kg deadlifts and now, one month later, he's up to 65kg.

We do SS btw.

This shit works faaaast
>>
>>35508682
You've become enlightened anon, same thing happened to me but with squats.
>>
>>35511899
This

I went through the first two weeks of gym following the complicated useless program my PT wrote for me. One day I read the sticky and decided to do SS. When I got to the gym and explained my idea to the PT he gave me the stinky eye and said it wasnt a good idea. I stood my ground and said I would do it anyways, a few months later, he started spot me and help out every way he can. Truth is, PTs dont want you to do free weghts because if you get hurt doing it they are responsible for it so they shove you to the machines, because they dont need to teach you form and you will hardly get hurt doing them, which leaves them free to go flirt with whatever slut is in the gym currently.

Just ignore everyone and do your thing anon, if you do it with good form regardless of the weights you are lifting, everyone around you will start to help out. Specially the big guys, because they know you are not just some idiot trying to get big over the night.

DonĀ“t ever be ashamed of the weight you are pulling, be ashamed of doing it wrong.
>>
>>35511899
The madman!
>>
I have some questions about being a noob at the gym. Where do you do ohp, deadlifts, barbell curls, etc.? And where do you get the bar and weights from?
>>
>>35506511

>pick something up from the ground
>"advanced"
>>
>>35511935
your cousin sounds like a fucking ripped badass, ever suck his dick to indicate your appreciation for him bro?
>>
>>35512171

Never thought of that.

We're actually hitting the gym in about an hour. I'll definately give that a go!
>>
>>35512022
>>35512022
>where do you get the bar and weights from?
What
Am I misunderstanding the question? The bar is in the power rack usually, just grab it from there and there are weights on the side of the power rack to put on the bar. Squat and OHP in the rack, diddy anywhere there's room, find the ezcurl bar for curls.
>>
>>35511935
>15
>>
>>35512233
>OHP in the rack
Stop spreading this fucking meme
>>
>>35506461
Autism + spending too long on a Somalian pigeon racing board
>>
>>35512285

theres no downside in doing it in the rack if its high enough retard

its literally the same only with more security lmao
>>
>>35512298

only resolutioners will fall for this bait familia
>>
>>35512312
Yup, we found him.
>>
>>35512233
So you take the bar from the rack, and then even if you aren't using the rack, you make it so no one can use it?
>>
>>35506296
Don't stop going to gym. You can do whatever the fuck you want there. You can start -if you want- with a brosplit for half a month and practice the 4 basic compound movements. It's not bad to know how to use the machines in your gym.
>>
>>35511776
Yes you pull you dumbass idiot
>>
>>35512430
It's a reverse leg press romanian deadlift pull, dumbass.
>>
>>35506890
>0
>>35509492
>suicide snatch grip sumo ohp
>>
>>35512384
In my gym there are more bars than racks, but yeah if you have to deadlift and there's only bars in the rack, you're gonna have to take one.
>>
>>35506296
I think almost everyone here had this experience when they started. I sure did.

Like that other anon said, the coaches just do what's comfortable for them. machines cause little to no injuries and explaining them isn't too much of an effort even for a gym coach's tiny brain.

>be me at uni gym
>mandatory introduction course with guy showing all the machines
>just be silent and nod
>never touch the machines again
>go straight for free weight zone
>start just with bar and those small 10 kg plates
>slowly work my way up
>within 2 months went from 40 kg DL to 100 kg DL, just by getting comfortable with form
>a lot of bearmode guys give me tips how to improve form
>>
File: 1449771482061.png (185KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1449771482061.png
185KB, 500x434px
>>35511093
>couch > machines > freeweights
>couch > freeweights

youre somehow struggling to suggest that the top option is more dangerous for snappin your shit than the bottom option

Youre not a smart man
>>
>>35507287
I seriously hope you helped that guy. You can have a little gym apprentice. Shit would be tight.
Mould him into a fucking beast, just don't let him browse /fit/
>>
>>35512934
He's totally right, though.
If you isolate muscles inb4, you're the guy who puts on 250 lbs on the bar when squatting because that's what you could do on the leg press - before you snap your shit badly as you realize that standing upright with a shitload of weight on your back is something entirely different than sitting in a chair pushing against a weight with your feet.
>>
>>35512513
IT'S A PULL BECAUSE MARK RIPPETOE SAID SO

these noobs...
>>
>dyel fag asks me how to do tbar rows
>>
This thread is fucking hilarious
>>
File: dong.jpg (55KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
dong.jpg
55KB, 1080x810px
I started with empty bar a year ago and I'm at 1/2/3/3.75 plates

who cares what the PT says. You'll get your strength over time, and you'll get your form right if you start at an empty bar. I went from smirks last January to constant mires now because my gym is mostly dyel

you'll make it anon. We're all gonna make it
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.