[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cold showers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: cold-showers-ameer.jpg (140KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cold-showers-ameer.jpg
140KB, 600x600px
I've been making this my new daily resolution and I'd like to know how cold showers have helped yourselves, even as a placebo.
>>
Ok so when it says cold shower, does it mean like chilly goosebumps raising cold or full on icicles growing off my chin cold?
>>
>>35504852
I've been taking cold showers for around 1 year. Cold from the start, not gradully. I've not gotten sick since, but it could be a coincidence.
>>
is cold showers a meme
>>
>>35504970

Yes.

The temperature of the water from your shower head is not cold enough to have any of the benefits that are constantly memed on about.
>>
>>35504970
Literally speaking, yes.
>>
I keep my showers so hot, I have to turn the smoke detector across the hall from going off before I get in.
>>
>>35504852
It's a joke to get newfag dyels new to lifting.
>>35504970
Yes.
>>
>>35504970
It worked for me, placebo I don't know.

Pussies say it's a meme.
>>
I do lukewarm to cold showers because it keeps my eczema from flaring up, that's the only benefit I've had. Sucks because I like really hot showers.
>>
>>35504970
No it is not, did it for 2 weeks and got great benifits. My suggestion is to do a hot shower first and exfoliate in the shower (if you are into that kinda shit) then end it with a cold until it is not bad.
>>
Just don't shower with it so hot it strips all the oil from your skin and hair
>>
>>35504852
The only benefit is mony
>shorter shower cuz you are cold and want to get the fuck out fast
>no heating so smaller bills
but you shower at thr gym

So it has to be some jew propaganda to save money
>>
So can anyone actually provide some scientific studies proving this about cold showers? Seems bogus to me.
>>
>>35507932
>jew propoganda
>to save your own money
I mean if you're going to be racist, at least have that glimmer of truth in there lmao
>>
>>35509348
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>Not being mixed shower master race
>>
>>35511071
>>what is reading comprehension
yes nigger, do you have it? you are not worth educating.
>>
>>35507932
My 1/4 (or 1/2 if Hitler is counting) jew blood allows it. To be honest Im good with money so there has to be something in it...
>>
File: 1329505154087s.jpg (2KB, 127x82px) Image search: [Google]
1329505154087s.jpg
2KB, 127x82px
does lifting weights cause inflammation?

does cold water reduce inflammation?

The answer to both these questions is yes and what you need to look into is cryotherapy after exercise.
>>
>>35504852
I started doing cold showers end of October. Not that pussy ass shit in the image, I got in the shower, and turned on the water on its coldest setting. It only sucks ass for the first few days when it feels like you cant breate when you turn it on. Now it just regular sucks.

Also you got to take your time when showering, you aren't going to get anything out of it if you shower as fast as possible in the cold, you have to relax and be calm and shower as normal.

I didn't really notice any benefits other than slight resistance to the cold. Mental gains are pretty good tho, teaches you to focus and not get anxious and just let go when confronted with something difficult.
>>
>>35511189
>cryotherapy

or you could just take an ice bath or long ice cold shower.
>>
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18/the-james-bond-shower-a-shot-of-cold-water-for-health-and-vitality/
>>
>>35509348
Showering at the gym is usually a cost for the gym, not for yourself. Unless your gym requires a coin or something to work.

Your reading comprehension is rathe shit.
>>
>>35504852
>taking a cold shower
>become sick for two weeks
Sorry but no.
>>
File: 2060.jpg (57KB, 600x483px) Image search: [Google]
2060.jpg
57KB, 600x483px
I've been taking cold showers for about a month now. It helps a lot with my depression, especially if I feel bad after a workout and don't want to do anything.

Forcing myself to shower with cold water is hard, but I instantly feel more aware and energized. Warm showers slow me down.
>>
>>35504852
>detox
>>
>>35512335
You're weak as fuck then
>>
>>35504852
>posting the cold shower meme
>>
>>35512335
Thats not how things work mate
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 612x612px
>>35514517
>>35514580
>>
>>35504970
Yes, dyels think that taking cold showers makes them "men" for being able to stand momentary discomfort
>>
>>35504970
Yes. Just walk around your house with the heater off only in shorts if you wanted to get cold.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 480x600px
>>35515183
>You're weak as fuck then
>>
1. Start shower using warm (not hot) water.
2. Lather and rub body in soap and hair in moisturizer (do not use shampoo).
3. Once done cleaning yourself, set water to frigid temperatures and rinse the soap off of your body and the moisturizer out of your hair.
4. End shower.
>>
I just tried this after my cardio, the last 60 seconds is quite a shock to the system, i could barely breath.
>>
>>35514864
Mad at your shitty immune system? You should be the one who's mad
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 600x458px
>>35516959
>>
...most of OP's image seems like bullshit but I do take cold showers for my skin, especially in winter.

It does also help me wake up in the morning.
>>
I had to reverse my entire view on temperature to be able to handle cold showers on a regular bay bay. Food was the easiest to reverse.
>>
>>35504852
>DETOX
>DETOX
>DETOX
>DETOX
>>
>>35517220
What? You're eating food cold?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.