[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, Skelly here trying to bulk and be healthy at the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (295KB, 1080x1312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 1080x1312px
Hey /fit/, Skelly here trying to bulk and be healthy at the same time.

I've tried counting calories for the first time in my life, and I've found that on days i'm heathy I consistantly eat 300 or more below my TDEE, and only on days when I cheat a little (slice of cake here, potato chips there) do I ever make my calorie count.

How the fuck do I bulk? Or even maintain? I'm trying to make the switch to a healthy lifestyle but I have to eat so much... Any recipies or guides for healthy bulking?
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 531x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 531x768px
>>
File: image.jpg (307KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307KB, 720x1080px
>>35501162
Last bump I guess
>>
>>35501122
there is no secret to it besides eating more
>>
>>35501189
What about the sodium intake, it's totaling over 2600 mg
>>
>>35501122
It's usually screamed as a meme, but in your instance GOMAD is actually viable
>>
>>35501201
Eat low sodium foods moron. And all you need to do is spend a week eating every meal until you feel sick from eating so much. Do that for 1 week and your stomach will expand enough to make bulking easy.
>>
File: IMG_20160101_091331.jpg (991KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160101_091331.jpg
991KB, 1080x1440px
I'm DYEL but come from Auschwitz mode. You really have to eat more. Double everything you normally eat. Instead of 2 sandwiches for lunch, eat 4. Instead of 1 shake take 2. I thought I ate a lot but when I started keeping logs of my intake I saw how little I actually ate. I wasted 6 months in the gym by not eating enough. But now I've gained 10 kg which I'm proud of. 57>67 kg
Pic related: me now
>>
Nuts, motherfucker.
>>
>>35501227
>Eat low sodium foods moron. And all you need to do is spend a week eating every meal until you feel sick from eating so much. Do that for 1 week and your stomach will expand enough to make bulking easy.
What kind of low sodium foods filled with protein you eat? I was going to bulk on eggs until I saw I went overboard with the sodium calculations
>>
>>35501329
Plant based foods. Beans, especially lentils, and whole grains. All are loaded with protein.

>inb4 BUT NOT COMPLETE PROTEIN
>That is 100% a myth.
>>
>>35501329
>>35501372
Also, lean chicken breast.
>>
File: IMG_4996.jpg (192KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4996.jpg
192KB, 1600x1600px
If you're really DYEL mode than you need to fucking EAT. Don't worry about slow bulking, counting calories and shit.

Eat whatever you want and workout HARD. Most people "bulk" by overeating but don't really train hard enough to put those calories to use.

I went from 165-205 in a little over three years. It's slow if you're tall and skinny like I was, but the end result is well worth it.

Don't rush the process and don't try to have a bulking season at your weight. Just eat and lift hard!!

Here are my results.
>>
I'll just force myself I guess, thanks guys

It's just scary seeing all that saturated fat, sodium and sugar, I want to be healthy.
>>
>>35501538
>>35501372
Can you not read. PLANT BASED FOODS RETARD. No saturated fat, no sodium, high protein, low sugar.
>>
>>35501556
Those phytoestrogens tho

I've been eating lentils
>>
>>35501628
Phytoestrogens are extremely overhyped compared to the damage they do.
>>
Dairy is your friend. Whole milk, butter on your toast, full fat greek yoghurt and loads of actual cheese (not those greasy slices of cancer in a wrapper) should be on your diet everyday if you want to gain weight without resorting to cake or snacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1242x2208px
Hey there, former skelly here. Used to be 130 pounds but now sitting at 165/166 after 7 months of lifting.

Are you taking supplements?

If not, I'd recommend start taking a mass gainer, the one I use is by Optimum Nutrition, it's called Pro-Gainer. It goes down very well, mixes good, and tastes great. Much better than the Nitro Tech I was using before. It's 650 calories per scoop, I do one in the morning w one after working out. So that's an easy 1300 calories. Might want to add some oats to whatever youre eating in the morning, I usually have a whole wheat protein bagel.

Then during the day I eat some chicken, either breast or in wheat bread, plus salad, then later during the day I eat chicken again with rice or baked potato. At night before I sleep I have a snack, maybe some almonds, or raisins. Also two bananas in the morning for extra carbs and help with recovery. Before I sleep I take one scoop of Casein.

Hope this helps
>>
File: lentilsgroup[1].jpg (6KB, 273x254px) Image search: [Google]
lentilsgroup[1].jpg
6KB, 273x254px
>>35501556
This OP.

In my city it's lentils are very easy to come by. You can buy a 1kg bag of dried lentils for a few euros. Just measure 100gr, boil it for a few minutes, add some nice spices and you're done. 350 kcal / 26 gr of protein.

I also tried black beans but I found them to be one of the most disgusting things ever.

Chickpeas are great too. Same story as the lentils.
>>
>>35501976
Forgot to mention I love to eat lentils. Great source of protein and iron.
>>
>>35501162

who is this pastrami tsunami?
>>
>>35502132
briella bounce or something
>>
>>35501404
Fucking shik m8.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.