[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on Accutane /fit/. My dermatologist suggested I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: accutane.jpg (79KB, 592x410px) Image search: [Google]
accutane.jpg
79KB, 592x410px
Red pill me on Accutane /fit/. My dermatologist suggested I should take it. Besides common side effects of dry lips and fragile skin, how often are joint and muscle related issues? Would appreciate Accutane stories from people who used it
>>
not having acne when your face looks like a sausage & pepperoni pizza should be a priority in your life.
Far more important than gains, money, education, height.

It changed my life for the better. I think my sides were dry lips or something... but couldn't care less. Lost my v-card one month after my skin was clear
>>
>>35500893
It's really not that severe on the face, more on the shoulders, upper arms and back. But still you are right on that. Does a 6 month blast equal permanent healing? Also did you have problems with lifting?
>>
>>35501099
for me, yes it was permanent. What's more, is that i only took it for 3 months. After that I had to stop because I was sent off to bootcamp.

Gains can wait dude, cure your acne.
>>
>>35500810
currently on 25 mg a day picked it up from a buddy. cracked lips but skin cleared up this shit is amazing 5/5 would recommend.
>>
>>35500810
Keto master race reporting in. Stop this drug madness! Two months on keto and your skin will be fine.
>>
>>35500810
do you have to get it prescribed or is it OTC?
>>
>>35500810
You won't know until you start.
I had no problems lifting on it, my brother couldn't do it because of back and joint pain.
>>
>>35503186

script but you can't get it anymore in the US because of lawsuits stemming from colo-rectal inflammation and other gastrointestinal complications.
>>
>>35500810

Accutane can cause permanent impotence be careful amigo.
>>
does anyone know a less severe method of acne elimination, if not im like two seconds away from starting accutane
>>
>>35504966
oh yeah and dont bother replying with stupid shit like cleaning sheets and not touching your face, im not a dirty nigger
>>
>>35504966
Sheet your face and clean your touch
>>
File: 1448491082313.jpg (42KB, 720x375px) Image search: [Google]
1448491082313.jpg
42KB, 720x375px
>>35505021
thanks bro
>>
OP I took accutane for about a month.
I'm in bongland and my doctor was reluctant to give it to me due to all of the side effects, and the fact that my acne was not severe, but i had tried shit tonnes of other acne pills/creams so she let me on it with frequent blood tests to make sure my shit didn't get fucked up.

The month i was on it was dry, you've probably heard, i got dry lips the worst, i moisturize my face anyway due to trying every skin routine in the book to fix my acne so my face wasn't too much of an issue. There was some joint pain but nothing too severe.
After that month though i had a blood test and my shit was mildly fucked; one type of my white blood cell count was low, so they stopped the treatment, this is a less than 1 in 10000 risk but it got me.
That being said my acne has never been better since i took the pill. It's not cleared completely since I didn't take it for that long, but I had bad assne and bacne and they've both cleared up. My back is literally completely clear now which it hasn't been since i started puberty. My face is clearer too, besides the occasional breakout i only have mild acne.

All side effects have now cleared, wouldn't go back and change if I could, take the pill OP, if you feel too weak to lift just take a few months rest while the pill works its magic then go back in the gym a clean faced man.
>>
>>35505004
Accutane should really be viewed as a last resort for acne. Most people don't get very severe side effects, but some people get drastic, life altering ones. Don't play Russian Roulette with your health until that's the last option.

Especially if it's mostly body acne. How old are you? I used to have it bad, but I didn't get any body acne after I turned 18, even though I kept getting some rare face acne (for 8 years now). You might look into a specially formulated gentle soap, and then using an acne treatment like Stridex Maximum Strength (not only does it have the highest concentration, but the red Stridex conveniently has the right chemical profile to act as a good exfoliator too).
>>
>>35500810

I was on Accutane from 15-17 (2005-2007). It mostly cleared up my acne, I still have worse body acne than average but no face acne.

Side effects... First thing I was told about Accutane is that the government was considering banning it because some people who took it killed themselves. I've heard mixed anecdotes online, but everyone I've met in person including myself had severe mood changes on it.

I played trumpet in high school and that really fucked me up with the meds too, split my lips and I still have scarring from dry lips. I used to get random cuts from my skin being so dry. No joint or muscle issues though.

Overall, for me: severely dry skin, severe agressive depression bordering on psychotic behavior (wanted to kill myself and everyone around me, far beyond usual teen angst), headaches, and skin sensitivity/sunburns. Personally? I wish I waited until later in life. But I would probably have a lot more scarring on my back and chest if I had.
>>
>>35505123
yeah im 18 and have mild face acne but absolutely fucking disgusting bacne, and i've been using salicylic and benzoyl peroxide for about two months with absolutely no effect on the bacne but decent results on my face, so i might as well try something else. thanks for the advice doc
>>
I was ugly af back in hs with my horrible acne but accutane got rid all of it in about 8mos. Now 5 years later im fucking glad i took it since my dad had acne till his late 20s

Do it son
>>
>>35500810
Ask about solodyn. I was on that shit for years with no side effects.

Apparently it's expensive but my dermatologist always had a shit load of coupons. I'd pay like $10 a month for it. Make sure to ask for a coupon.
>>
>>35500810
The dry skin shit really sucks. But it wasn't as bad as the sulfer smelling shit they gave me.
Gotta give it to them though, it cleared my skin up
>>
This shit will change your life. Greatly improves your facial aesthetics but the side effects are real. For me it was very dry skin/lips, constantly thirsty, unusually emotional, occasional aches and pains in bones and joins, reduced ability to hear/see.
>>
>>35503097
It's true, since I started keto, my lifts increased 350%, my arms are 57 inches wide and have threesomes every day.
>>
>>35503097

keto gives nice skin and teeth gains

too bad your lifts are shit
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.