[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my trainer full of shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: 1450586995287.jpg (70KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450586995287.jpg
70KB, 576x1024px
I've been lifting for a month and I asked the trainer at my gym to show me how to do deadlifts and ohp. He said he wouldn't do it because I could injure myself and he'd be responsible. He told me to do sets on shoulder press machine and it would have the same effect as ohp.

Later when I was doing shrugs, he told me I shouldn't do shrugs because big traps will just make my shoulders seem narrow. He said traps get enough work on other exercises (but I forgot which). He also tried to jew me into buying a routine because "people don't know if the routine they find on the internet is right for them"

I'm not stupid, I don't want to injure myself, but I haven't seen anything about not doing compounds until you're strong. What should I do?
>>
he's a piece of shit meme trainer, murder him
>>
>>35499895
Trainer shows you good form for compounds = you dont need to spend any more money on them

Trainer keeps you running through an ever changing machine circuit = $$$
>>
he either thinks you're a china doll or is pretty sure you're going to break the gm equipment. do it just to spite him.
>>
>>35499895

Hes right tho, my traps are looking juicy by just doing OHP, lateral raises and bent over lateral raises..

I wouldnt teach a dyel fuckwit movements like deadlift.
>>
>>35499895
learn to squat and deadlift and then find a routine that will actually allow you to get stronger over a period of time. Dont fall for this meme shit most pts peddle
>>
>>35499895
You have a group of people all over the world with the human race's entire corpus of weightlifting information at their disposal whose only goals are banter and making it available to you on this site, and you're going to take the advice of some Jew with a financial incentive to keep you coming back?
>>
Your trainer is a puss and you should get a new one
>>
>>35499895
The only reason a trainer should be saying not to do something is if you're so weak/shitty posture or form you will fuck up.

Seeing as he hasn't said anything about that he's probably fulla shite
>>
File: 1423959121733.jpg (50KB, 297x264px) Image search: [Google]
1423959121733.jpg
50KB, 297x264px
Shrugs is a meme exercise but your pt propably doesn't want to teach you diddy or press because he doesn't know how
>>
>>35499895
He's right to the extend that you can indeed hurt yourself badly doing deadlifts or overhead presses. That doesn't however change the fact that he's a goddamn moron for not wanting to teach your proper form. Actually he probably hasn't got the slightest clue how to properly perform these exercises himself. Otherwise I don't see how he could ever have that opinion.

The shoulder press machine does not compare to the free weight exercise. Although seated dumbbell presses are good.

Telling you not to train your traps is borderline retarded. You don't get to pick and choose what muscle groups to develop and which not to. The body doesn't work like that. Everything must be trained in balance or shit happens down the line.

On a final note, realize that everybody can call themselves a "trainer" without having any formal education. And even if they do, most of the courses are terrible. Statistically speaking, the guy you were talking to is useless.
>>
>>35500003
He told me my muscles are too weak for deads and ohp. I'm not strong at all, just your average dyel, but I'm sure I could at least learn proper form and do it with very light weights. Oh yeah, when I told him I wanted to try ohp, he went to the smith machine (i wonder why tho)
>>
>>35500044
>He told me my muscles are too weak for deads and ohp
Unless you're so weak you can't physically keep yourself upright that is such bullshit.
>>
If I'm going to pay someone to show me how to do something, and they won't do it, I'll find someone else.
>>
What the fuck is up with trainers always getting their clients to do calf raises?

Every fucking client I see with a trainer they get the m on the calf machine
>>
>>35499895
Lel I went to school with that Syrian slut
>>
>>35500044
Can you lift your arms straight above your head?
Can you lower your back, while keeping it straight?
If yes, then there's some weight light enough for you to get the form right.
>>
>>35500108
She's Syrian? Do you have her IG btw?
>>
>>35500122
I posted her instagram on /int/ and they she deleted all of her social media accounts after that lol
>>
>>35500067
Let Ripple teach you for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se39rjOK-TQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMAiNQJ6FPc
>>
>>35499895
If you are the pic in OP (almost 99% certain I know the girl IRL) then I don't blame the guy as the girl is borderline anorexic and would never trust you with DL unless you actually put some weight on.
>>
>>35500143
Oh fuck. Do you at least have any more of her pics? She's a legit 10/10 despite shit heritage
>>
>>35499999
Is nobody going to check these quints?
>>
>>35500152
>borderline anorexic
>all around pudgy
You are some kind of retard
>>
>>35500152
I'm a guy
>>
>>35500163
Probably somewhere on my computer, on phone rn if this thread is still alive when i get home ill post
>>
>>35499999
strong get
>>
File: CRjkH8qUsAEGdM9.jpg (52KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
CRjkH8qUsAEGdM9.jpg
52KB, 600x601px
>>35499999
>>35500022
>>35500044
>>35500122
>>35500166
>>35500177

checked
>>
>>35500152
>borderline anorexic
You are retarded m8
>>
>>35500044
> muscles too weak
Mate I have cerebral palsy and I still do bench, squats, deadlift and OHP. Ditch the guy. Start with light weight and watch vids and read to educate yourself about proper form.
>>
>>35500247
Damn props to you
>>
>>35500147
damn some of those girls are pretty hot. Wish I could stare at teenage ass all day without looking like creep.
>>
>>35500247
We're all gonna make it!
>>
>>35499912
This, slit his throat or bash his skull in or w/e
>>
>>35500199
DAM SON
>>
>>35500185
Is she 100% Syrian tho?
>>
>>35501054
Ye she's a pretty big slut breh, like runs trains at parties
>>
>>35499999
Quints can't lie
>>
File: 1450034367529.gif (2MB, 350x190px) Image search: [Google]
1450034367529.gif
2MB, 350x190px
>>35501141
mfw i'll never meet her
>>
>>35499895
Drop him like it's hot. You will get more use out of just youtubing proper form and recording yourself doing these said exercises to make sure it matches up. Make sure you call him a retarded sack of shit though.
>>
File: image.png (110KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 253x253px
>>35500152
Are you prehaps the trainer jewfag?
>>
Why y'all hating on the PT? I would do the exact same thing in his shoes. No point in teaching someone exercises he can injure himself in, especially in murica where your client could sue you. It's not like he should care about your gains, he's not your best friend or anything, he's just doing his job.
>>
>>35501291
All gyms have you sign a liability waiver before you can become a member though
>>
>>35501291
I'm not from 'Murica tho
>>
>>35500079
"Oh man the trainer gave me a workout so hard I couldn't walk afterwards! Surely he must be doing something right! I'll keep paying him money"

BigNosedMerchant.jpg
>>
>>35499895
>because I could injure myself and he'd be responsible

Undeniably true. He would be liable if you hurt yourself, and in case you haven't noticed from the 10 or so posts a day about it, people do get hurt doing the big 4.

His options are

1) teach you the big 4 and run the risk of you being dumb and going to snap city, suing him, and losing his job

2) don't do that

Consequence of american sue happy culture desu senpai
>>
>>35499945
Implicando
One can't train the same way forever, one can't have perfect form always, one can't look at oneself while lifting.
>>
>>35500044
why would you pay somebody to not teach you what you want to know?
>>
>>35501400
can OP find a gym where people actually lift
>>
>>35499945
perhabs in your poverty gym
>>
>>35502726
I'm not paying him shit. Maybe that's the problem
>>
>>35500185
Can't let this thread die m8
>>
One last bump for humanity
>>
>>35499895
Experiment yourself and try new exercises at a safe weight but don't expect immediate results. If they keep trying to sell you something or prevent you from doing something b/c they'll get in trouble, drop them. And stop going to Planet Fatness.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.