[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dlg/ DEADLIFTING GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

welcome to /dlg/

I'll start:

5'5" 20m 138lbs. In before "manlet kys" and the like.

Here are my lifts, all 3x5:
285lbs squat, 190lbs bench, 120lbs ohp

so WHY cant i do more than 3x 300lbs dead lift!!??
>>
>>35495060

You probably squat high. Or you just have seriously shitty leverages for pulling compared to squatting (which tends to be more common in shorter lifters, but its not universal).
>>
dont we already have one
>>
5 months lifting here

>6'3"
>210 lbs
>Squat: 435
>Deadlift: 495
>Bench: 165

when will manlets learn that lifting is for men only
>>
File: jfEK9PB.jpg (95KB, 750x742px) Image search: [Google]
jfEK9PB.jpg
95KB, 750x742px
>>35495086
165 bench

210 lbs

L M B OOOOO

git gud ass master

pic related its you
>>
What happened to me?

2 weeks ago I pulled 140kg for 5 reps, which was a 5kg jump from my previous 5 rep max the week before.

I had 2 deadlift sessions the week after that and failed to break 130kg off the floor on the first session after and then only got 130kg for a single the session after that.

So I took a week off and now I can't even break 130kg of the floor again and my 5 rep max is now about 120kg.

What the fuck happened?
I'm eat 4000 calories a day on average
I sleep 8 hours on average
I eat 1000 calories of oats before lifting to carb up
I wasn't even fatigued when doing these deadlifts, I did them after overhead press or overhead press and light front squats as I'm practising and not going heavy yet.

The only thing that may of constituted to it in heinsight is my squat.

I dropped squatting 3 weeks ago and lost anywhere from 40kg to 20kg off my squat and ice forgotten how to do low bar completely.

Maybe the strength from my legs to break the floor off the ground is gone?

But that doesn't make sense because people like George seegar have shitty baby squats and big boy deadlifts???
>>
>>35495104
its bait m8
>>
>>35495115

The deadlift, least in my experience, is a highly variable motherfucker. I've had days where even 80% for a single rep felt like shit.
>>
>>35495060
Its cuz you a biiiiiitch
>>
>>35495060
your lifts are not to depth. pretty obvious since your ohp is shit when it should be easier for a fucking manlet
>>
>>35495115
you either had a sesh in wich your form and execution (pushing with legs, pullign wiht back etc) was really good, or you are having sessions now where youre just frustrated and not paying attention to form and execution
>>
>>35495115
Just a shit session most likely. Everyone has them. Deadlifts are a big mind game too, one little thing in your head and it fuck up a session easily. Just gotta get your head back in to it.

Happened to me a few weeks back, hit a PR, moved fast so added 5kg and could hardly budge it. Took a week off and maxxed again and got +10kg on the previous PR.

Tl;dr, A lot of it can be put down to mindset on the day.
>>
>>35495060
fellow manlet here at 5'7 150lbs
18 Years
Got these numbers in under a year
295 squat
225x5 bench
145 OHP
Only got 2 rep 365 deadlift, but my excuse is I've been cutting for the past couple months so my numbers apart from squat and bench havent really gone up. Fellow manlet gym partner has similar stats but a weaker squat and bench and OHP, that fucker deadlifts about 405 on a good day.

The thing is though his grip is stupid strong and he tends to cheat as well with some really ugly form to get those numbers he does. So my recommendation would be work on your grip strength as well as deficit dead lifts, Deficits really helped me get over my plateau. Squatting has a great carry over so keep doing that OP.

Apart from that I'd also recommend doing less volume with more emphasis on 3x5 with extremely heavy numbers, thats something that really helped my bench as well
>>
>>35495962
you gave hope to a 5'6'' 155lbs 18 year old who just started SS and can only bench 99 x5
>>
>>35496410
Damn anon I'm flattered! I always hope someone gets some kinda good feeling and motivation even if its

>"if this fucking manlet can lift this much than I should too!"

after I tell them how much I can lift
Dont let your height be an issue man, hard work perseveres.
>>
Deadlifting in the Smith machine.

Fuck is this?
>>
File: 1451578979314.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451578979314.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>35495060
good thread

still saged though lmao
>>
>>35495104
>giving a fuck about bench

kek
>>
>>35496445
>Dont let your height be an issue man, hard work perseveres.
you do know that being a manlet favors your bench, OHP, and squat right?
>>
>>35495060

Deadlifting is all raw strength, CNS, mentality and grip strength.

I deadlift 5 plates at 178, my favourite lift desu. Barbell rowing is a must accessory, and heavy duty squats will also increase your deadlift.
>>
>>35496869
Yup
>>
>>35495060
There's already a DL thread. Fuck off you wannabe special snowflake.
>>reddit
>>
>>35495060
>why
Because you're a turbomanlet. Deadlifts are the one lift us tallbros are better at.
>>
>>35496890
so become a beast squatter
>>
i'm doing PPL+Fullbody, can i do squats and DL in leg day? Or should i DL in Fullbody day?

I don't want to DL on pull day because i'm trying to use that day to target biceps and lats/traps
>>
>>35495086

6 months lifting

>6'4
>264lbs
>Squat: 345lbs
>Deadlift: 400lbs
>Bench: 290lbs

How did you make such fast progress on your squat and dead?
>>
>>35495060
kys, manlet
>>
Which type of squat helps your deadlift the most?
>>
>>35497447
The deadlift squat. It's actually really simple to setup for too. You just rack the barbell in the squat rack, walk up to it like you're going to squat, then take it off, load it with weight then do deadlifts.
>>
>>35497447
Doing more deadlift (variations) will help immensly more than any type of squat.

>>35497369
>I don't want to DL on pull day because i'm trying to use that day to target biceps and lats/traps
So do deadlifts and then do lats/traps/biceps lifts? I don't see the problem tbch
>>
1 rep maxes

295 lb bench
385 lb deadlift
315 lb squat

195 lb overhead press (THE PRESS)

5'11 345 lbs landwhale mode :(, some guy I know from hs recognized me at the gym and said something like "those resolutions eh?" And I saw him benching 115 lbs for reps

end me now
>>
>>35497534
You bench more but I press more. Looks like I win kid.
>>
>>35497387
Looked like he focused on them and sacrificed upper body lol.
>>
File: 1451930025475.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451930025475.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>>
>>35497534
Why do you weigh so much? How much would one need to eat to carry that sort of mass? Have you tried eating at a deficit? It's not safe to be so heavy breh.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.