[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a cardio thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1372552625428.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1372552625428.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
No fucking "cardio kills gains" memes, please.

I'm doing SS after a lengthy break from lifting, and I need to incorporate some kind of cardio. I'm doing it strictly for actual cardiovascular health, I was a smoker for about 10 years and want to repair some of the damage.

What's good? I have a punching bag that I could hang up, or I have a treadmill, or I can do something else. Actually leaving the house to run/bike is too difficult logistically to do on a regular basis, as I am a single dad. I need something I can do here at home.

Thanks /fit/.
>>
>>35494700
What is SS?
>>
>>35494700
A jumprope is something that is easy to do in your house which is good cardio. Punching bag and treadmill are also fine if you have those already. There are also plenty of bodyweight calisthenics type routines on the internet which will work. The thing is, if you're only concerned with heart health, any type of cardio is really just as good as any other. Just figure out which one you (and your joints) like best and do that for half an hour every day.
>>
File: 1451154518925.png (1MB, 1376x1582px) Image search: [Google]
1451154518925.png
1MB, 1376x1582px
>>35494708

SS is the meme program newfags get tricked into doing on this board.

Its a long running /fit/ meme.

Works especially well during winter/nye etc.

There are way better programs out there for noobs and beginners but they get shut down by the meme brigade that wants to keep the meme alive.
>>
>>35494708
Schutzstaffel, a Nazi death squad. OP is a militant anti-semite
>>
>>35494732
>bicep leg curls
I got a laugh out of this
>>
>>35494708
Read the sticky nigger
>>
>>35494732
OP here, I mean SS is pretty damn similar to any other LP program isn't it? Except for the squat frequency?

I plan on doing the routine as stated until my squat hits around 2-2.5plt, then backing the squat frequency off.

I tried a 5x5 routine for awhile but I felt like I had better progression doing 3x5.
>>
>>35494822
The picture you are replying to is obvious memery.
Yes, SS is very similar to any other LP program. If you keep well fed and rested (as well rested as a single dad can be, lol) you very well might clear 3 plates on SS, I'd say just stick with the program until the progression becomes too quick for you.
>>
>>35494700
I know lots of people don't wanna get a pass for a pool or whatever, but swimming is probably best. Easiest on joints, full body activation, and increase lung capacity for your ex-smoking.
>>
>>35494700
Walk on the treadmill for 20 or more minutes at least 3 times per week.

As your cardio endurance improves, increase the speed or amount of time you spend on the treadmill or the incline or however you want to increase the intensity to keep it at least somewhat difficult.

And don't ask whether you should do it in the morning on an empty stomach or before or after lifting or any other fad ways of doing cardio. Just do it whenever you feel like you're up for it, but make sure you do it.

There you go.
>>
>>35494955
Yeah I know all that stuff in the last line is all weight loss tricks or whatever... like I said, I'm purely interested in heart/lung health.

Thanks for the replies fitbros.
>>
back on topic you fags, what is the best method for improving your time for a 3km run? I usually train using the 4x4 interval method, but do anyone know of any method that is proven to be more effective?
>>
File: erg_large.jpg (37KB, 1024x620px) Image search: [Google]
erg_large.jpg
37KB, 1024x620px
>>35494700
Would highly recommend an erg.

Absolutely killer cardio machine. The gym I go to has two next to each other. My gym bro and I like to end sessions by racing each other balls out for 10 minutes. It absolutely destroys you.

Another benefit if you're doing the home thing is it's easy to store. You can move it into a closet whenever you need to get it out of the way, as opposed to a treadmill which effectively gets installed in your home in one place forever.
>>
>>35494732
Backwards Flanges. Lmao
>>
>>35494700
Get a skipping rope, then skip, plus some bag work, and some other circuit-type exercises: eg, burpees, mountain climbers, etc.

Other anons are right that swimming or rowing could be good, but then you need to leave the house to go to the pool, or buy a rower. Just buy a rope and use what you already have.
>>
Do interval sprints on a rowing machine, use a Concept 2 if you can
10 mins 1 min sprint 1 min rest
10 mins 30 secs all out sprint as fast as you can 30 sec's rest
or 10 fast strokes, 30 secs rowing, 15 fast strokes, 30 secs rowing, 20 fast strokes...do for 20 mins
>>
>>35496099
but then you have to talk to rowers and football players about their 2k and how come their daddy's paying for their tuition

>no thank you
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.