[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone present HARD, SCIENTIFIC FACTS that squats are really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

Can anyone present HARD, SCIENTIFIC FACTS that squats are really all you need as ab work?
>>
>>35494214
Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 640x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 640x605px
>>35494214
Does a testimony work?
I haven't done Ab isolation in years, I've been doing SL5x5 on and off for two years squating 3x a week, and deadlifts 2x a week. Pic related is a few months ago right before my winter bulk. Take what you want from this
>>
Monitoring
>>
>>35494240

>nothing there

Yeah I'm gonna just do my isolations
>>
>>35494240
Is this for real though? I squat a lot and my abs look nothing like this... but my bf% is probably twice yours
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 640x635px
>>35494254
Yea but that's when I'm like 155lbs super cut. Pic related is more what it's like year round at 175lbs
>>
Sage, report and hide NYR threads.
>>
File: sat 3.jpg (229KB, 1121x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sat 3.jpg
229KB, 1121x1280px
>>35494298

Fuck off mate, I've probably been lifting longer than you
>>
File: sat 3.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sat 3.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>35494309

Fuck wrong pic
>>
>>35494249
Epic xD
>>
>>35494329

You say that like I'm meming. Do you actually think there's anything there? Wew lad
>>
File: Wrex_Character_Box.png (448KB, 650x550px) Image search: [Google]
Wrex_Character_Box.png
448KB, 650x550px
>>35494295
Nice but those traps...
>>
>>35494214
If all you do is squats, then your core will only be as strong as it can be for squats, which isn't enough. Your core needs to be stronger than necessary, to prevent injury. Otherwise it's like having a tiny engine in your car, and having to have the pedal all the way to the floor just to keep up on the freeway. It might work OK for a while, but you're running the engine at 100% all the time, and eventually something will break. That's why you do some supplemental core work, preferably before you start doing squats.
>>
>>35494616
Not true. Try actually contracting your abs while lifting, they will get plenty strong enough for even dragon flags very quickly. Mind muscle connection is important. Plus you should be doing diddly lifts which is more core work. If your core can't keep up with the rest of your body you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>35494616
>do ab work before squats
You wanna know how I know you're DYEL as fuck?
>>
File: 1450043381843.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450043381843.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
>>35494616

>ab work before squats

never going to make it
>>
>>35494315
S-stats?
>>
>>35494315
Mirin SAT scores

Tips/tricks?
>>
>>35494681
>>35494705

Im not that guy but I can do 405 for reps and always do abs before sucks to be weak like you two
>>
>>35494681
I didn't say 'ab work' you stupid primate I said 'core work', and since you don't know the difference then you don't even lift.

>>35494669
>If your core can't keep up with the rest of your body you're doing it wrong.
I'm not talking about it 'keeping up' I'm talking about it *exceeding* the requirement, i.e. creating a safety margin. And by the way how is being stronger a bad thing? Do you have any idea how many dummies I see every week at the gym whose backs are flexing in all sorts of weird ways and shaking like a leaf, the bar swaying all over the place, when it should be rock-solid the whole way up and down, pure vertical motion? They have a weak core and can't support the goddamn bar properly.

While I'm pointing out things that will send you to Snap City:
>insufficient flexibility
If you can't squat all the way down with your feet flat on the floor with no bar even, then you have no business doing squats, period, until you improve your flexibility. Otherwise you get these idiots whose heels are coming off the ground, which is wrong, wrong, wrong.
>>
>>35494729
Friend, I'm talking about your *entire core*, not just your *abs*, and I'm pretty sure you know the difference and 'core' what you mean.
>>
File: abs_core.png (9KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
abs_core.png
9KB, 640x480px
>>35494681
>>35494705
>>
>>35494818
That's even worse. Weakening your core before major compound lifts is absolutely pants on head retarded. Save it for the end of the workout.
>>
>>35494741
>this retarded argument
You would do more than just meet the minimum by doing what I said. I like how you ignore the mind muscle aspect though. I didn't say being stronger is bad, my point is that inefficiently using your time is pathetic.
>core work before major compounds
Absolutely idiotic. Hang yourself, nobody could be this retarded and actually think they're right.
>>
>>35494860
I'm not talking about the order of your workout, I'm making a recommendation for guys who want to start doing squats: Do core strengthening for a few weeks before starting squats. Then, yes, of course, supplemental core work *after* squats, or on a non-leg-day. For the guys that are already doing squats, I'm recommending they *start* doing supplemental core work -- but of course not before squats in their workout, afterwards, or on a non-leg-day. Make sense?
>>
>>35494901
>mind muscle
That's nice; of course you want to activate your core muscles, why wouldn't you? But, why not do both? See: >>35494906
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.