[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so /fit/ I designed this tattoo, kinda and I'm wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (120KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 640x852px
Okay so /fit/ I designed this tattoo, kinda and I'm wondering if I should get it or not or if I'm just memeing really hard and am gonna end up looking autistic. The wolves inside are based on that old Cherokee parable you always see in motivation threads (the good and evil battling inside where the one you feed wins) , but they also carry personal significance because my father told me this story when I really young just before he died. The Sanskrit text around it translates to "the line between good and evil runs not between cultures, nations or creeds but through every human heart" (a quote that strongly aligns with my own personal beliefs, as a spiritual person) basically saying "if I can change, and you can change, maybe the whole world can change". This is something I try to live by, trying to be the change I want to see in the world and spreading a message of love and compassion, because I believe that people are basically alright really just changed by circumstance. A lot of things in life are transient but this is a mantra id like to live by for the rest of my life, something permanent. On top of the meaning associated with it, it'll also look pretty badass. I'm thinking either shoulder or left pec, above the heart. I really want to get it but I'm a little autistic and prone to poor decision-making. So what does /fit/ think? Should I get it or is it just cringe?
Also, general tattoo thread (opinions, regrets etc)
>>
Native american story, quote from a Russian writer in sanskrit. Pretentious and degenerate as fuck.

If bait, 9/10
>>
If it means something to you then go for it but do the 12 month rule and think about it hard. Also the dialogue may be hard to do right and will likely get butchered unless you pay a few thousand for it.

I always preferred simple abstracts.
>>
>>35488288
I don't believe in nations mate, the use of multiple cultures further backs up the quote. And I don't mean to come across as pretentious, there's just genuinely meaning attached to each aspect of it
>>
Go see a tattoo artist and talk with him.
Take advice from people who know their shit. You should go to /gd/ to listen what they have to say on the design point.
>>
>>35488655
Thanks for the advice fa.m
>>
>>16643232
Some extra info: this tattoo reflects my most closely held sentimentalities, a memory of my father and my personal spiritual beliefs (written in Sanskrit because immersing myself in aspects of Hinduism and Buddhism helped me overcome my drug addiction). It's more than a passing interest in a meme I kind of like, it's a visual representation of my core values, of my sense of self. It's purpose is to make sure I don't forget who I am, or as time passes, who I was.
>>
>>35488259
if you need anyone elses opinion you shouldnt get the tattoo
>>
>>35488259
>>35488317
>>35488694
I literally got light-headed for a second reading this shit. The faggotry is just fucking staggering.
>>
>>35488781
You're entitled to your opinion friend. Just out of interest, how old are you and what do you do?
>>
>>35488259
I was going to jump on it until you said it was related to your dead dad. Fuck it man get it. I got a Cubone tattoo when my mom died

But keep in mind white ink hurts like a bitch and faded quick
>>
>>35488908
Im sorry to hear that man, but it's dope that her memory lives on in a way that's personal to you. My dad died when I was only four and the story is the only real memory I have of him so I went for it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.