[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lads, give me some good exercises to strengthen lower abs. All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (28KB, 269x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 269x325px
Lads, give me some good exercises to strengthen lower abs. All I really do now is v ups and hanging knee raises.
>>
Partner leg tosses are a good one
>>
>>35487789
V-ups and hanging knee raises are fine.
Besides, there are no "lower abs". It's one set of muscles going from your groin to your chest.
>>
I only do leg raises because I hate doing abs, but I have great lower abs genetically, so I can't say much
>>
>>35487789
Lying leg raises is GOAT imo
>>
OP here. Well what the hell am I doing wrong? I deadlift, squat, do said exercises and still no six pack. My diet isn't perfect but it's not bad either. I basically have a 2 pack maybe a 4 pack when I flex.
>>
>>35487824
There are, faggot.
You can flex the upper part of your abs while having the lower part relaxed and vice versa
>>
>>35487879
Lower your bf and work some more on your abs
>>
>>35487888
No, it's literally one sheet of muscle that is visible on the outside. Besides, abdominal muscles are all smooth muscle, I believe, which means they wo'nt respond nearly as much as striated skeletal muscle. (I can tell from reading your post you are a skeleton.)

Also, if you're doing deads, squats etc and a few leg raises/other abdominal exercises you're getting plenty of stimulation.

The best you could do for your lower abs is lose weight and learn proper fucking posture. Posture becomes automatic after a few weeks/months of consciously using proper posture.
>>
>>35487931
You tried.

Look at at snake, it's whole body is one muscle. Do you think a snake would work out it's entire body by only moving the tip of it's lower part?
>>
>>35487888
Muscles are connected to bones via tendons.
What bone is the upper end of your "lower abs" connected to?
Or the lower end of your "upper abs"?
>>
>>35487931
>>35488025
You guys are getting me(OP) mixed up with someone else. Regardless thanks for the advice as I did not know it was one big muscle.
>>
>>35488010
>it's whole body is one muscle
No

http://www.coral-snake.com/body-structure/Skeletal-and-muscle-composition.html
>>
>>35487931
>abdominal muscles are all smooth muscle

wat
>>
>>35487824
>>35487931
>>35488025
>>35488079
Are you all fat, dyels or retards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERr7dRYHsVg

Can you stomach roll? It's literally stimulating different parts of the abs.
>>
File: abdominal mosel.jpg (67KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
abdominal mosel.jpg
67KB, 500x518px
>>35488245

Just because a moron on YT says it doesn't mean it's true. Upper abs and lower abs aren't different muscles. There is multiple muscles in the stomach area, but the bumps are ONE muscle. I'll show a diagram that is pretty easy to understand.

Rectus abdominis, the ones that are most visible and whaet everyone thinks of when they say "abs" is a single mussle.
>>
>>35488280
I'm not saying it's not one muscle, I'm saying you can work out different parts of that same fucking muscle.
Do you even have visible abs?
>>
>>35488313
>different parts of that same fucking muscle.

What are you talking about? Any lift that will activate it, activates it ... all of it
>>
>>35487888
not him, but muscles are connected to bones OR OTHER MUSCLES via tendons
>>
>>35488329

whoops >>35488329 meant for >>35488025
>>
>>35488324
You are clearly dyel. Lie on your floor and raise your legs, the lower part of the abs are clearly taking the load here. Now do some crunches, notice how the lower part almost isn't getting any work?
>>
>>35488313
You can't activate different parts of one muscle.
It's connected to bone on two ends, and activating it means contracting it.
Think about it.
>>
>>35488365

No, I noticed all of my rectus abdominis getting worked and on leg raises I noticed a lot more hip flexor than anything ...
>>
>>35488329
OK but the abs aren't.
>>
"Lower abs" not being visible usually aren't a result of the area not being developed well enough. More often than not, you have strong lower abs (assuming you have visible abs already), and they're just covered with fat.

The key, then, shouldn't be to do exercises that develop your lower abs, but rather to cut so that they can really show. Keep doing the hanging leg raises and v-ups to maintain, but consider a change in diet and mixing in some cardio in order to get make them visible.
>>
>>35488387
Bad form.

Crunching movements are better at activating the upper part of the abs and movements that move the lower body, such as hanging or lying leg raises, are better at targeting the lower parts which results in a more prominent adonis belt.
>>
>>35488438
Thanks.
>>
>>35488438
Surely not? Is this the actual scoobs?
>>
>>35488480
I wish this meme would die.
>>
>>35488438
If you're Scoobs: Glad you're back. The board turned to shit without you.

If not: Lose the trip, you're not funny.
>>
>>35487865
What does GOAT mean?
>>
>>35488544
>meme
If I wanted memes and humor, I would have asked how many months you've been lifting, your cb picture and 1rm maxes.
>>
>>35488589
Greatest of all time
>>
>>35488589
Greatest of all time
>>
Oke so this friend of mine(who is basicly the guy who got me motivated to go the gym) always told me six pack is bf%. While i started cutting and doing way more exercises for it. Well I notice a big difference with 2 months ago and I was wondering, is he right or is it a combination of the two?
>>
>>35487789
The trick is to extend the back further than 180 degrees.
>>
Just found an ab roller laying around my gym the other day. Think it's my new favorite ab exercise desu
>>
>>35487931
>smooth muscle

no

smooth muscle is like your intestine

idk what else, maybe your throat

anyway smooth muscle is tubes
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.