[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone burned out all the time? Coffee doesn't help, I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0099.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0099.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
Anyone burned out all the time? Coffee doesn't help, I get plenty of sleep and macros are adequate but I'm so sluggish all the time.
>>
>>35484550
LOW T
O
W

T
>>
Depression?
>>
>>35484550

Cardio bitch
>>
>>35484619
I run for 20 mins every day that I workout, trying to increase that
>>
>>35484797

Some studies indicate that there is an ideal amount of sleep somewhere around 7-8 hours that is ideal for mental alertness...

Take a reset break. No working out for a few weeks to a month. Let all hormone levels return to baseline. Don't eat so much fucking protein. Eat more micros.

You will not lose muscle mass.

Examine lifestyle. Are you really living, or just existing?
>>
>>35484550
what are your micros like?
>>
What are micros?
>>
Become NEET master race
>>
File: 1366410355109.jpg (153KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1366410355109.jpg
153KB, 500x333px
>>35485017

macros are protein, fats, and carbohydrates, usually in quantitative terms, grams of material.

micros are trace metals, molecular cofactors, and other essential nutrients commonly called vitamins which are usually in the nano- to micro- gram range in terms of requirement.

Vegetables are over 95-99% water by mass, the remainder are micros.

Optimal diet means 10-14 1/2 oz servings of diverse colored vegetables every day. This gets you all the fiber you need as well.

Protein requirements are 0.9g-1.6g/kg bodyweight per day. Anything more is a metabolic burden.

Excess water is also a metabolic burden, 8x liters a day is complete horseshit

Supplements are a metabolic burden and also complete horseshit.
>>
Get bloodwork done. Sounds like a Vitamin D or potassium deficiency but find out before just trying things.
>>
>>35484550
Try more fats in your diet. How many hours of daylight are you getting currently?
>>
Hey OP, I'm the exact same way and I got bloodwork done last week. I'm supposed to call in today to get the results back so... I guess I'll do that now
>>
>>35485244
The lady transferred me to a voicemail. When they call back I'll keep y'all updated in case you care at all
>>
>>35485273
I care anon
>>
You're burned out because coffee
>>
I feel the same. Everything is a chore I have to psyche myself up to do, even hanging out with friends.

I just want to lay in bed in the dark all day
>>
>>35485398
Elaborate plz
>>
>>35484797
How many rest days do you have in a week?
(cardio day =/= rest day)
>>
File: 1GZX_Haemoglobin.png (1006KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1GZX_Haemoglobin.png
1006KB, 1600x1600px
>>35485424
>I just want to lay in bed in the dark all day

Hmm

this is maybe problem as circadian rythym affect everything from metabolism, mood, immune system.

Wake when sun rises. Sleep when sun goes down.

Laying immobile in dark during the day is great way to kill yourself. You need to be up, moving around, walking at least 5 miles per day. Otherwise the genetic signal to your DNA is, "Lie down and let lion eat me to save tribe" .
>>
>>35485424
It's called depression.
Things that help include:
>finding a purpose in life
>finding out what depresses you and fixing that
>having sex regularly
>getting more sunlight
>fixing your diet
>cold showers
>sleep deprivation
>pills
>>
>>35485390
Thanks anon. I'll keep you updated
>>
>>35485563
>the genetic signal to your DNA
>>
>>35485647
Lol its not even bro-science. Its bro-scifi
>>
>>35485244
>>35485273
hey, I'm interested in getting bloodwork but I don't really have a GP or know what to ask for. I would like a general analysis, including test levels and other stuff. Any advice?
>>
>>35485527
On and off because short notice work. Usually about 3-4 rest days per week, sometimes 2 in a row, sometimes one. I get 8.5-9 hrs of sleep, thinking about cutting it down. My job includes being on my feet for 9-12 hr shifts
>>
>>35485688
Bloodwork anon here. Research GPs in your area and select one. I went in and told the doctor my symptoms (always tired no matter how much sleep blablabla) and he ran a variety of tests. The doctor generally has a standard set of things to look for for this situation. Good luck!
>>
>>35485619
You didn't :(
>>
>>35488922
Apparently both the doctor and his nurse are out today so they'll call me tomorrow. Sorry anon :(
>>
>>35484550
why did you draw vegan gain.s?
>>
>>35485398
This, wean back on coffee. Drink more water. Or diet pop or some shit.
Source: personal experience
>>
>>35489528
(diet pop without caffeine i meant)
>>
>>35485563
>Sleep when sun goes down.
Not that guy but i live in Sweden, going to bed at 4 in the afternoon sounds like a shit plan
>>
>>35486271
If what you're saying is true, you get enough rest, enough sleep, enough calories, probably enough micros...

Go talk to a doctor if you can't figure it out yourself.
>>
>>35485688
Low T is unlikely if there aren't any other of the typical symptoms. Nevertheless if you can get a check do it.

More interesting could be vitamin D (25-hydroxy-vitamin D), thyroid (TSH, T3, T4 - could be Hashimoto) and maybe a check for iron deficiency.

Getting a GP to check ALL micros for deficiencies is rather unlikely. Try to google micro recommendations for your gender/age group, then go through your typical diet and check for possible deficiencies, especially the B vitamins/B12. This last advice may afford some work, time and lots of reading/research.
>>
>>35484550
Try a high quality multivitamin, you may be deficient in something. I've heard of people having issues with thyroid leading to the lethargy you speak of. A doc could run blood work and let you know conclusively. Careful he doesn't try to push nasty SSRIs on you though.
>>
Try BCAA's
>>
>>35484550
Stop fapping
>>
>>35485424

You're depressed.

Go talk to a therapist. Find a good talk based therapist that doesn't shove pills down your throat. I'd recommend talk therapy for a few months then see if medication could also help. I've been doing talk therapy for like 18 months and it took me from a depressed anxious mess to bretty confident and not at all anxious.

Shit works. You figure out you psychological patterns and your negative responses to them and then through mindfulness you can change how you feel.

Don't just take pills and hope to feel better that avoids the whole problem in my opinion, but medication in combination with therapy can be a good way to get yourself over the hump.
>>
>>35484550
do you take additional stimulants? i take preworkout sometimes too and that just gives me a "low" next day which i take coffee to counteract. It's just a shitty cycle that self perpetuates itself, and I think the only way to break it is to stop stimulant use altogether.
>>
Seasonal depression sufferer here. I live in Finland. It's 10am and the sun just came up.

I started taking prozac about a month ago and my quality of life improved massively. After years of thinking 'I'lll just fight through this', I became too exhausted to try any more.

After the drugs, I feel like a completely new human being. It's amazing.
>>
Don't wank for a week. Dead serious.
>>
>>35484550
are you on a cut/eating at a deficit?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.