[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So anyone here puts whey protein in the blender? is it a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: 43543.jpg (33KB, 228x335px) Image search: [Google]
43543.jpg
33KB, 228x335px
So anyone here puts whey protein in the blender? is it a good idea? if it is a bad idea, why?
>>
>>30690881
me

don't see why it would be a bad idea
>>
We don't get what you're talking about. Are you implying that blending whey might make the protein useless?
>>
It gets kinda foamy but it's not bad. Better than the clumps when you just mix it with a spoon.
>>
>>30690881
No don't put it into the blender by doing that you're breaking the bonds between the individual protein molecules and basically rendering them useless(or at least lowering the bioavailability opposed to not blending it)
>>
>>30691322
sure lol
>>
>>30691322
Yes the electrical interfetterence from the blender Will basicly remove part of the nutrients
>>
>>30691322
He speaks the truth, gotta snort that powder if you want the full effects.
>>
>>30691327
Whatever floats your boat enjoy the lack of gains
>>
>>30691322
So, what, it just turns them into (more expensive) amino acids? Or do you end up with carbon and other elements?

That's hilarious and I don't believe you.
>>
>>30690881
oh my god op did you put the whey in a blender? i seriously hope you didn't drink that, if you did then god have mercy on your soul
>>
always put the water in first
>>
>>30691353
what? why?
>>
File: activated.png (455KB, 462x554px) Image search: [Google]
activated.png
455KB, 462x554px
>>30690881
don't blend your whey

the blender works like a centrifuge and separates all the amino-acids (that's what protein is made of) from each other thus ruining the protein. Instead of having source of complete protein you end up with just pile of separated amino-acids that body ends up using or storing as energy.

in sense you could say that blending whey de-activates the protein
>>
>>30691350
Yeah it breaks the protein down to the individual amino acids which your body doesn't absorb nearly as well, it's mainly because when ingesting individual amino acids you skip a step in the metabolic process where a decent portion of the protein is absorbed
>>
>>30691419

you'll get musterd gos
>>
I google it and it doesn't seems like it's a bad idea.
You can't "break" the protein by using a blender.
>>
This thread is gold.
>>
>>30691435
>he doesn't reactivate his protein after blending it by microwaving it
>>
>>30691435

Please don't believe this is true, anyone.
>>
>>30690881
I do, why the fuck would it be a bad idea?

>>30691322

8/10
>>
>>30691539
because rumours about the post you rated.
>>
Always blend my whey with milk, a banana, peanut butter, & some greek yoghurt. Is GOAT.
>>
WTF ITS BLENDER NOT ATOM SMASHER,ITS FINE
>>
>not using your protein rectally
>>
>putting bananas on a blender
>not eating them on your own
I seriously hope you fags don't do this
>>
>>30691574
Never said it was an atom smasher - we're not trying to perform a nuclear fission are we? The blender simply breaks the protein into partial amino acids which affects the absorption which is the breaking of bonds not the splitting of atoms
>>
what do you guys use to give your drink a nice taste? using milk alone it tastes like shit if you add something like a carrot.
>>
>>30691620
how many protons in a protein?
>>
>>30691620
This is such bullshit
>>
>>30691533
It's totally true. How do you think chemists do their work? They just put something (doesn't matter what) into a blender, and then blend it on different settings. Ever wonder how they are always synthesizing new drugs? Blender technology, man.

This poor guy could inadvertently end up drinking a glass full of LSD or even cyanide!

OP, please don't play with the blender. It's not a toy and until you're an advanced chemist you should just put it in storage with the microwave (microwaves produce dangerous radiation that can cause a chain nuclear reaction and destroy an entire city).
>>
>>30691620
Forgot to add- A protein (such as albumen or egg whites) can contain hundreds of amino acids the blender breaks it into series of three or four amino acids so it is slightly different than the pure aminos you can purchase
>>
>>30691621
3 dl water
1 dl quark
1 dl oats
whey
banana
berries
peanut butter
>>
>>30691621
Frozen fruits. Frozen mangoes in particular hits the spot.
>>
File: 1408979371013.jpg (27KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1408979371013.jpg
27KB, 416x416px
>>30691674
>decilitre
>>
>>30691525
This guys actually right, when you microwave your blended protein it makes the molecules move more rapidly and they get to your muscles quicker
>>
>proteins comes in
>protons come out
don't fucking do it
>>
>>30691562
Mate he's obviously trolling
>>
>>30691574
>>30691533
>playing around with centrifugal forces
>messing with very fabric of space and time

And people wonder why cancer, birth defects and genetic disorders are so common in modern world

especially in India where there is no blender speed and size regulating laws in place.
>>
>>30691322
Thanks man!
>>
>>30691620
the birth of a troll
>>
Helium and hydrogen on a cut, uranium and plutonium to put on mass.
>>
>>30691674
I need more veggies on my diet
>>
>>30691763
>reading this
>remembering Rich Piana using a "heavy duty blender"
not gonna argue
>>
>>30690881
Makes awesome gainz smoothie. Mix it with fruit, peanutbutter, milk, maybe a dash of spinach to give it a slightly "green" hint. Yogurt. Whatever you have.
>>
Kek. "Blending whey breaks up the molecules deactivating the protein" is a brilliant new troll. 10/10.
>>
best shit ever but looks after that like pink cement ^^
>>
>>30691322
The broken up protein molecules also release a large amount of hydrogen ions which raises the pH level, making the mixture more acidic. The stomach doesn't take well to this and results in lowering the absorption rate of macros so I would advise against it.
>>
>>30690881
I blend all my food because the smaller particles have a higher surface area to volume ratio which makes them more readily absorbed and better opens up the food to enzymatic attack by the proteases, lipases, and amylases. It also forms an emulsion between the water-soluble nutrients and the fat-soluble nutrients, ensuring that everything is absorbed.
>>
If it's good enough for Julian Edelman, it's good enough for me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGWzrx_wT5U
>>
>>30691322
mfw 2015 and not but chugging protein for dem fast acting gainz
>>
>>30691620
>>30691669
>>30693688

Even though this sounds like some typical bro science bullshit, it's actually true. There's a reason for why one shouldn't microwave or freeze your proteinshakes after making them.
>>
>>30694193
a good troll will make something bullshit sound legitimate
>>
>>30694075
The bit about emulsification is the only true thing in this thread
>>
>>30691322
This is fit knowledge in a nutshell.
>>
>>30690881
I don't supplement protein (I can eat over a pound of glorious meat per meal), but I've found plenty of smoothie recipes that involve protein powder, so I think you're good.

if it were so bad, there'd be footnote caveats in bodybuilding books to warn us about it.
>>
File: 1346623804803.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1346623804803.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>30691322
Biochem PhD here.
>mfw reading that
>mfw people won't realize you're trolling
>>
>>30697647
Come on man, people on here can't be that fucking stupid.
>>
>will it blend?
Bruh..
>>
>>30691322

Best broscience I've seen
>>
>>30697688

Remember that one guy who thought bodyweight squats meant squatting his bodyweight? People over here can be fucking retarded
>>
Blending actually activates the protein.
>>
>>30691435

>white people "cuisine
>>
>>30697796
But your are squatting your bodyweight anon
>>
>>30697688
Your optimism is adorable.
>>
>>30690881
DONT DO IT, OP!
>be a fan of shakes
>make all kinds of shakes, peanut butter/banana being favorite
>look forward to my afternoon or early morning pre-run shake
>wife starts to like shakes to
>always asks me to make blueberry/vanilla yoghurt shakes
>I dont mind - we have so much in common
>Later a child is born in our family
>Its a boy
>Will feed him well, supplementing with delicious nutricious shakes
>My life was great, I was happy
>Then I put whey into a shake
>Things went downhill from there
>My wife left me, lost my job, hit really hard times
>Got a $1000 a week drug habbit
>Got into petty crime, got arrested
>Did a year in prison

Now, if only I did not put that whey into my blender...
>>
Blending kills the protein. Think about it. Cats are made of protons. If you blend cats cat dies so dont blend protens.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 251x201px
just had 1145 calories in one shake! why wasnt i bulking like this before bros?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.