[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else obsessed about becoming the best version of themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_20150119_152920.jpg (114KB, 1080x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150119_152920.jpg
114KB, 1080x755px
Anyone else obsessed about becoming the best version of themselves physically and mentally?

They say the definition of hell is when you die and you have to shake hands with the man you could have become.

Today I trained Legs, learned french for an hour, emailed the head of the course I want to do at university (engineering) and helped my dad out with his divorce. Now I'm getting my protons in and shitposting on fit.
>>
>trained Legs
kek
>>
File: 5078-bruce-willis.gif (64KB, 438x466px) Image search: [Google]
5078-bruce-willis.gif
64KB, 438x466px
>>30522640
but yet you feel empty on the inside?
>>
>>30522782

*Le cries*
>>
File: 1341810401269.jpg (33KB, 640x250px) Image search: [Google]
1341810401269.jpg
33KB, 640x250px
>>30522640
Elliot hulse talks about this all the time

I think you would like him, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t7Rc_Okw5A
>>
>>30522640
>studying naturescience
>running to get lean
>letting hair grow to a nice level
>pullups pushups for upper body

we're all gonna be like batman one day
one day
>>
>>30522640
>They say the definition of hell is when you die and you have to shake hands with the man you could have become.

Well damn
>>
File: B2F2w.jpg (155KB, 1033x686px) Image search: [Google]
B2F2w.jpg
155KB, 1033x686px
>Drop down to sub 10% bodyfat
>Learn to cut out all unnecessary sugar, ever
>Develop perfect sleep hygiene finally
>Become valuable enough to make more than 100k anywhere
>Finish German, attain fluency in French/Spanish too, and at least exam-passing Arabic and Cantonese
>Jelq dick up at least 2 cm bigger to join the breh crew
>Finish foreskin restoration
>Get 3pl8 deadlift despite spinal fusion (surgeon bets I will never be able to get above 2pl8 ever again)
>Upgrade to more aesthetic and moral citizenship (Canadian) and eventually even UK
>Own a Tesla one day, along with a winter car
>Get a sweet tech-apartment
>>
>>30522640
that definition of hell was pretty cool and interesting
>>
>>30522640
>They say the definition of hell is when you die and you have to shake hands with the man you could have become.
The exact same thing drives me OP.
>>
>>30523792

>UK citizenship
>Moral

choose one
>>
>>30522822
RIP elliot he used to make some really good videos
Now he's begging people to join his $200 month "strength camp"
>>
Why would you ever learn French
>>
>>30524598
This

If you're gonna learn a language learn Russian, Farsi, Chinese or Arabic.
>>
>>
>>30524691
Learn spanish for easy ass money in america
shit looks godly on resumes tbh
>>
>>30522640
>Anyone else obsessed about becoming the best version of themselves physically and mentally?
dont worry itll pass in 2 months
>>
>>30524714

Can confirm, come to Peru, even if you are average just because of being a foreign you will get lots of money >70k per year.
>>
>>30524598
obtenir mon niveau tapette
>>
>>30523792
ow shit, for a second I thought you had actually obtained these goals..
but yeah go for it. Just remember you wont make that kinda money working for somone else
>>
>>30524734
Kek
But u r a pussay
>>
>>30522640
yup

right now I'm trying to get shredded, learned some shell programming over winter, got an 18 credit compsci semester coming up with a potential job at the library, and currently trying to listen to a bunch of various music as both a hobby and interest

i did that with film before I got bored, and I'll probably move on to books eventually and try and learn some instruments

also have solid gpa and interviewing for summer internships

I must be perfect in every way
>>
>>30522640
Why would it be hell? It would be an interesting exploration of metaphysics, fortune and perspective
>>
>>30522640
I've been of the same mind since my late teens. I'm 25 now and I've arguably accomplished more in the past 5 years than many accomplish in a lifetime.
> I've read around 800 books
> I've learned 5 languages
> I am one of the strongest athletes I know and probably the healthiest
> I've competed in and won several chess competitions
> I have sold my artwork and several pieces can be found in galleries
Unfortunately I'm a manlet with no gf.

You say you're obsessed, OP, I'm not sure you are, but you have a good attitude as far as I can tell. Don't be afraid to be a fanatic.
>>
>>30522640
You sound like the kind of person that just did some self improvement for the first time in who knows how long and now suddenly you think you're going to make it. No one gives a shit if you are not consistent with anything, if you think you're going to get anywhere with random spurts of energy productiveness you need to think again
>>
>>30522640
also don't be a faggot and rush this shit
Success takes time could be another 10-20 years before any of this shit happens.
>>
File: 400mhz.jpg (658KB, 801x1024px) Image search: [Google]
400mhz.jpg
658KB, 801x1024px
>>30522640

I don't agree. Hell is having spent all your time on earth living like an immortal towards a vaguely defined goal, and then realizing in your final moments of consciousness that you failed to enjoy yourself or share that joy with others.
>>
>>30525256
>Learned 5 languages
This is really ambiguous. Aside from my native language, I've also mastered English. Yet after over 3 years I still don't think I've "learned" German.

Can you hold a fluent conversation in all 5?
>>
>>30522640
training legs and learning french? do you think this makes you a better person?

americans are THAT SHALLOW that they attribute a good person as someone who knows more than one language, works out and has a gf and a job that pays well. americans are actually more fucking brainwashed than the damn chinese in some ways.
>>
File: 1283884160163.png (397KB, 482x468px) Image search: [Google]
1283884160163.png
397KB, 482x468px
>becoming the best version of themselves
>mentally
>posting on 4chan
>>
>>30522640
Oh shit. I'm just like you
>good grades at university
>cours de francais dans le soir
>already know spanish and english
>ofc never miss a day at the gym
>take extra care of my personal hygiene
>feelsoempty.jpg
>>
File: 2015-01-19-13-03-09--18328886.jpg (7KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-19-13-03-09--18328886.jpg
7KB, 220x229px
>>30525430
Hell is clearly a scorching hot place with tiny spooky demons ruled by a red horned evil creature with a trident
>>
>>30525459
I speak 5 languages at native level, I'm conversational in a few others, but don't consider myself fluent. What is your native language, if you don't mind me asking, anon?
>>
>>30524598
>>30524691
Because a ton of countries speak French as a first or 2nd language, just like Spanish. It's also way easier to learn for an English speaker than any of the ones >>30524691 listed.
>>
>>30525541
Swedish

You must possess some serious linguistic talent if you reach a native level in 5 languages plus a bunch of others on the side. I've never met anyone like you in my entire life.
>>
>>30525029
You only get to see him in all his glory, not talk to him about it.
>>
>>30525602
He could have easymodo'd it and be born Indian. There's like 12-20 main languages in that country and everyone is at an absolute bare minimum bilingual with polyglots not uncommon.
>>
>>30523792
>stop being a manlet: unattainable
>>
>>30525602
I'm just fucking with you. I made up that entire post.
>>
>>30525646
Yeah, without an insane talent and dedication, it would really only be possible through living around speakers of whatever it is he's learning.
>>
>>30525602
I'm not exceptionally talented or clever, just very committed to what I do. I didn't learn a second language until I was 18.

>>30525675
Very droll.
>>
>>30524691
I'll go out on a limb and say you only speak this language?
>>
>>30525478
What makes a good person then, anon?
>>
Yeah got accepted to med school
lifting all day
studying all day
bicthes over me like never before
beard grows like never before
don't drink anymore
don't smoke anymore

but at the end.. what is it all for
>>
>>30525602
I have met a few people that could speak at least 3 languages at a native level (I speak these languages) and they also claimed to be fluent in a few others as well. One person could speak 6 and my cousin speaks 5 fluently with 2 semi fluently. Of course my cousin has lived all over the world and seems to have a talent for languages
>>
File: Mr. Rogers in retirement.jpg (28KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Rogers in retirement.jpg
28KB, 448x336px
>>30525664
I'm 6'3" actually. Quite hard to board the gainz train without gear actually.

>>30525478
>Complaining about someone exercising their legs on /fit/
>>
>>30525727
How did you do it? What programs/lessons/whatever? Three years of french and german in high school left me with almost no language skills. Its depressing, but I still want to learn. How the fuck did you do it?
>>
>>30525749
>but at the end.. what is it all for
That is the challenge anon.
>>
>ITT: 14-year olds saying "I'm gonna be a billio-trillio-gazillionaire when I grow up"

Hands up anyone who's above 25 in this thread?
>>
>>30525749
in the end it doesn't even matter
>>
I agree with you OP.

>Trained legs yesterday
>Today is chest day
>Last semester of university (top tier)
>Have a job for after college
>Learning Spanish for fun
>Plan to learn how to play the guitar
>Improving cooking skills
>Walk around city for relaxation
>>
I'm 5'8 so the best version of myself would be worthless.

These kind of self improvement things are only viable if you're 6'0 or above.
>>
>>30525664
>grow grow grow
>>
>>30525798
Duolingo for 500 Alex
>>
>>30525830
Hello. I am 26 and have no aspirations of being rich.
>>
>>30522640
>learned french for an hour
I've been learning with the Michel Thomas method. Best language learning method I've ever encountered. Can be found on torrents if you're poor. Worth buying anyway.
>>
>>30522640
Imma share some wisdom handed down from a grandmaster of Okinawan karate

Every day you must
Do something for someone else
Do something for yourself
Learn something

If you do these 3 things every day no man can call you a slacker, and you can sleep well knowing you're on the road to making it
>>
>>30522640
>Anyone else obsessed about becoming the best version of themselves physically and mentally?
Masturbatory as hell. Do something with a purpose, you are not an immortal RPG character.

Make your life matter.
>>
>>30524876
>shell programming
scripting, not programming
>>
>>30525646
bullshit, I know lads from Calcutta that only speak English, most middle class kids from Delhi speak hindi and English, and a lot of goans speak a mixture of konkani with a few English words thrown in. Many people in india have no desire to mix with other parts of the country and don't bother learning other languages.
>>
>>30525896
>Shobayashi kan?
>>
>>30525798
You need to explore different learning styles, figure out what you respond best to. (eg I'm a highly visual learner, I like to learn with images). Discipline is equally important. I've sometimes gone months focussing on virtually nothing but whatever subject I'm trying to learn, I have no social life because of this. You have to be willing to sacrifice the things you consider frivolous. For some more linguistic specific advice, someone in an earlier post (might have been you) deduced that I practice with native speakers, which is a big part of learning a language. Immerse yourself in it as much as you can.

And for the record, I also did poorly in school.
>>
>>30526055
What are the 5 languages. Like others I still call bullshit you're truly native level in these languages. I've met VERY few people I would class as native level English speakers who it's not their first language and that includes a lot of people who started learning it from a very young age (looking at you swedes).
>>
so i speak german (mother language), english and french fluent. what language next?
i know chinese/mandarin would be GOAT but i guess spanish is way easier once you know french and english right?
>>
>>30526120
I'm often accused of bullshitting when I tell people I speak 5 languages, I don't take offense. In order of when I learned them, I speak: German, French, Latin, Farsi and Mandarin, English being my native tongue. Sorry for the slow replies, I'm cooking. Going to eat now, I might check the thread later on.
>>
>>30526142
Spanish if you live in America. If not, then English and French got you covered. Might as well learn one for shits and gigs like Latin.
>>
>>30522975
Man I really love Ferragamo's collection this season
>>
>>30525910
>implying that it doesn't matter if you become the very best you can be
>like no one ever was
>>
>>30526142
>english and french fluent
>fluentLY

Yeah go for Spanish. Add an entire swathe of the world that you can then communicate with.

I know enough Spanish to hold a conversation, right now I'm learning Korean and enjoying the heck out of it.
>>
>>30526350
>Mandarin
I assume only spoken, or can you read and write it?
>>
>>30523792
>more aesthetic and moral citizenship (Canadian)
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
So does that make you any better than everyone else?
No, like, seriously, you think you are more worthy because you waste your time learning languages and lifting heavy shit off the floor, instead of playing video games?
Jesus christ you people, its a hobby, its a pastime, you don't acquire worth because you do shit, hell, you don't acquire worth at all, that's not what life is about, its about enjoying and having a good time, stop trying to prove something to yourself, that is nothing more than rationalizing the fact you don't lift for yourself
>>
>>30525896
Got today covered then
School today where all I do is chem coursework
Voluteered for an hour at my local hospital
Just finished my SL workout for today
>>
>>30525740
I speak 3, English is my second language and I'm learning Arabic too.
>>
>>30525749
It is for something. Just think, if you lose one, you lose it all.

I feel like I'm slowly losing it all.
>>
>>30526856
Not him, but you seem bitter as all hell, the OP asked if there people like him that try to be a better/more rounded person like he is. Nowhere did anyone claim to be better/superior than anyone else, like you said its a hobby, these guys just happen to have a couple more hobbies than you. Why get so angry? events
>>
File: Average Brit.gif (83KB, 604x932px) Image search: [Google]
Average Brit.gif
83KB, 604x932px
>>30526838
Canada is either liked or ignored so it will be a more aesthetic citizenship to have

Aesthetics wise (since aesthetics is how others view you) being from the US is like being fat, being from Canada is like being thin/not noticeable, being from the UK is like being chiseled ottermode and Australia like being bodybuilder mode (attractive only to bar sloots while the smart/classy girls like ottermode).

Pic related, sexiest nationality on earth
>>
File: hummer.jpg (13KB, 366x329px) Image search: [Google]
hummer.jpg
13KB, 366x329px
>>30522640

no, not really lol. im completely happy the way i am. i have loving family too so no need to perform anything more than what i am.
>>
>>30522787
pls go /r/fit and pls stay go
>>
File: 3440464-1946712469-renni.jpg (66KB, 669x969px) Image search: [Google]
3440464-1946712469-renni.jpg
66KB, 669x969px
>>30522640
>and you have to shake hands with the man you could have become.

If you could have become something else, wouldn't you have become it anyway?
>>
>>30527068
Do you even time travel bro???
>>
>>30527068
Them butterflies faggot....
>>
>>30527017
>caring this much about how others view you
You sound like a secure person.
>>
>>30523792
>Finish foreskin restoration

My Nigga.

I wish I started years ago as I'd be done by now but shit is so slow and tedious.
>>
>>30527277
That's what manlets and bronies say. If you can improve yourself, you do it.
>>
>>30524598
If you want to work for an int'l org or doing development in Africa it can be a useful language.

Or I guess if yr a /lit/erati.

I agree that it is in general not worthwhile.
>>
>>30527459
Yes, improve as in "this is better/this makes me better", not "others are gonna think I'm better".
>>
>>30524876
>CompSci
I kek'd.
>>
>>30527698
lol
>>
>>30525910
>Do something with a purpose
Isn't OP's goal of becoming the best version of himself good enough to be considered a purpose? If not, how can OP make his life matter?
>>
>>30524876
but do you have a gf?
>>
>>30525749
to be the best version of your self, not things, not money nor fisical strengh but mental strengh, that is the think we all are searching for and doing thinks like training talk whit other reading and studing help us to become better

>i know i have bad orthogrpy but this is not mi native lenguaje and i donĀ“t plan to go to gringolandia in the next 3 years

2.5 years until uni finish
>>
>>30525830
I'm 28. my life is shit. Yet I still believe I'm gonna make it.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.