[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-Improvement General /SIG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16

File: goats.jpg (356KB, 1324x1101px) Image search: [Google]
goats.jpg
356KB, 1324x1101px
How have you improved yourself this week/month/year? (aside from lifting)

*NEW* Recommended Videos:
http://youtu.be/b-a1jXgAsQI
http://youtu.be/3Ao7rZ8-HWo

Approved reading material:
http://raouldify.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/2011_1203-the-flinch.pdf
Dale Carnegie - How to win friends and influence people

Unapproved reading material:
Benjamin Francklin's Autobiography (work ethic as a young man, his philosophy of self improvement, time management and scheduling, how he got into politics, how to become a founding good father)
Brian Tracy + Colin Rose - Accelerated Learning (Staple self-improvement. Really really good, full of practical information)
The Millionaire Next Door (Full of really engaging anecdotes)
The book of pook.pdf
Models by Mark Manson (What "be yourself" really means)
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
No More Mr. Nice Guy
The Art Of War
Total Recall
The Way Of Men

Things you should be doing:
-Exercise
-Put actual effort in to your diet
-Clean your room / house at least once a week, don't live in a pigsty
-Do daily, simple, effective things (Brushing your teeth, flossing, making your bed)
-Learn to play an instrument (imagine having 10 years experience playing the piano when you're 30)
-Read every day
-Wake up at the same time every day (and get at least 8 hours of sleep)
-Have a morning routine-Learn a second (or third) language (duolingo.com)
-Stretch every day to become more flexible (http://www.reddit.com/r/flexibility/comments/28anxp/welcome_to_our_first_ever_30days_toetouching/)
-Taking good care of your skin (http://np.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/beginners)
-Meditate 10 minutes per day
-Stop cursing
-Make good long term decisions (getting braces, stopping smoking, losing weight)
-Make goals with the “7 days to live” mentality and accomplish them in 7 days

"Live your life like you're being followed by a camera crew that are making a documentary about you"
>>
>>29306270
Currently reading How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie. What are your opinions on that book?
>>
i finished the easy way to stop smoking by allan carr and smoked my last cigarette this morning.
feels really easy, by now i usually am all stressed and depressed without cigs.
>>
>>29306317
One of the best books i ever read
>>
>>29306548
you dont. Its not your job to improve her comunication skills.

I think texting sucks anyway. If i want something i call. If nobody is there i call again 15 min after that if its important. Then they call back or i dont care anymore an go on with something different.
>>
>>29306317
>Approved reading material:
>Dale Carnegie - How to win friends and influence people
>>
Hey, i got really big problems with setting goals in my personal life. I have a lot of things i want to do, many things i want to archive but no idea how to make a good plan to do them all. They are not "impossible" things like get 10 million $. More things like handwork, training or job in the future. The only thing i got in order are relationships, the rest is a mess.

Now i am sitting here for about 2 month and think about what i really want to to in my life and what i need to start asap but my planing fails.

Does anyone of you jave a guid or tips how to sort the different things?
>>
>>29306317
>>29306721
Just because some neckbeard copypasted that it's approved it isn't necessarily good.
I've read that the behavior suggested in it is pretty beta, and I kinda agree with that, but I still find it an important read because I work sales and my earnings depend on people liking me or not.
>>
>>29307438
For a first step you should decide on your goals, write them down and make sure you see it a lot.
>>
File: 1407802118542.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1407802118542.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>Meditate 10 minutes per day
>Stop cursing

People do this living everyday life? Having a hard time believing that.
>>
>>29307438
>>29307475
Also a good way of setting goals is to be exact about them.
For example:
"I want to gain muscle" is a bad way
"I want to be 80 kg, <12% bf by the end of the year" is a good way
>>
>>29307475
already did that.

I tried to kick some of them out a few years before but they come back. I think the biggest problem is, that most of my goals, i need to train daily to get better. I can list a few so you understand better.

Lucid dreaming
mental arithmetic
speed reading
lifting
martial arts
crafts (I am really into blacksmithing and woodworking)
playing bagpipe

>>29307534
I have good exact plans. i have written them down and have a good mental image in my mind.

I hink the biggest thing is, that i dont have enough time to do all but cant drop anything because everything seems important on the same level
>>
>>29307441
Most of its common sense but its good especially for socially autistic individuals.

Also how's accelerated learning? Is it really useful?
>>
>>29307497
I personally don't meditate, but many of my most successful friends say they do and it helps them a lot. Not cursing is bullshit, studies have shown that swearing is beneficial for multiple reasons.
>>
>>29306270
Currently reading "No more Mr Nice Guy" by Robert Glover, looks like i fucking needed it, it's gonna help improve my shit personality and eventually i'll stop being a cunt to people around me :^)
>>
>>29307609
I think in your case the most important thing is to incorporate these things into your daily routine, like staring every day with writing down your dreams (for lucid dreaming) or playing the bagpipe every day from 16:00 to 16:30. And if you really don't have time for all of them you'll eventually have to drop something or you won't achieve any of them.
>>
> http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
Good article, really changed my outlook on things and got me out of my sorry ass.

Also reading Heinlein's "Time Enough For Love". Good philosophy disguised as SciFi. The protagonist, Lazarus Long, is all a person should aspire to be.

But for me, the most important thing for self improvement is surrounding yourself with people that you admire and look up to. Mediocrity breeds mediocrity.
>>
>>29306270
Just ordered:
Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends
No More Mr. Nice Guy
7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Does anyone have problems deciding what they want to do in their life? I am like crippled by this, I have no idea what I want to do, right now I am considering switching my major from polisci to mech engineering. I have changed plans about a 1000 times and I'm about to finish my gen Ed courses so now I may be throwing money away. I'm not sure what to do.
<Have a wallpaper
>>
>>29306270
waxing or removing the hair around your anus is also a good start to self improvement and hygiene gains.

no more dags, use about 1/5 of the toilet paper, 10x more aesthetic
>>
>>29306270
reading literature is better than any self help book.
>>
>>29308358
How do you do it?
>>
>>29308358
Doesn't it hurt like hell when it starts to grow back?
>>
>>29308720
go to a beautician, call up to see if they will do it first. They will wax it

you could shave it, some people get irritated by this, i dont.

you could wax it yourself at home or use a laser treatment at home or at a beautician

you also get rimming gains
>>
>>29308792
>>29308720
>>29308796
>>29308358

it doesnt hurt me if i shaved it off. Some people report it being irritating but i dont know what they mean.

You get way better sounding farts also, real clackers
>>
>>29308796

in b4 anon gets fingered by an amateur male beautician
>>
Finally, been waiting weeks for /SIG/. Use Duolingo. It fucking works. I'm well on my way to being fluent in 7 languages. wow teh grills with your language skills.

>implying I lift for Frauen.
>>
>>29308827
How long are you at it, and which languages?
>>
>>29308822
b-but he came first in his class at beauty school
>>
>"Live your life like you're being followed by a camera crew that are making a documentary about you"

Literally the most retarded advice you could give someone. Fuck off with this bullshit, OP and go suck joe rogans cock while you're at it.
>>
Hey /FIT/ what do you think about changing your sleep cycle?. nothing extreme like uberman but something like sleep 6 hours + 20 min nap? some experience with this?
>>
If you are 30 years old, you have about 21 000 days left. What makes you a success is how much you can go beyond the average guy in this time. Welcome to now
>>
>>29308844
It's been about 5 years and I picked up 5 languages in that time(Learned creole at a 2 [niggerconfirmed]). I can hold conversation for a long while but I do slip up every now and then.

English
French
Spanish/Catalan
Haitian Creole
Russian
German
Portuguese

To be honest, the whole reason I started learning these languages was to understand people on obscure anonymous shuffleboarding forums. I find that listening to music in other languages helps with the learning process. Then again, people pick up stuff at different paces.
>>
>>29308952
>Spanish/Catalan

you do realize they are different languages right?
>>
>>29308984
Yeah, I learned a little bit of Catalan alongside Spanish back in highschool.
>>
>>29308952
would you say that the site is harder to use if you're not a native English-speaker? I'm German, but there's no equivalent to it here.
>>
>>29307609
I am interested in lucid dreaming and mental arithmetic. There are more things like those?
>>
>>29308984
Same guy here, I also sucked fat cocks to absorb the language's essence into my body likkokikikkkikikik
>>
>>29308872
Is there a particular reason you want to change your sleep cycle?
>>
>>29309008
a little bit is not the same as being fluent.
>>
>>29309011
There's an option to change the site language on the website. Not sure about the app.

>>29309008
>>29309032
Neither of these are me.

>>29308984
I meant Castilian. pls dont hurt me bb
>>
File: doublesguy.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
doublesguy.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>29309066
dubs of truth confirmed not you
>>
>>29309023
Like brainskills or hwt do you mean with "more like those"
>>29309043
As i make my plan for the day again, i am in need of time. Dont want to plan too hard at the beginning because i think i will fail if i am to strikt in schedule.
>>
>>29306270
Man, I hate to positively reflect on my hippie childhood, but I feel like my homeschooling was very very beneficial to my autonomy in thought and action. Also, rugby is the physical competition of dominance.

>diet
>exercise
>cutting back on substances
>interning abroad soon
>left a toxic relationship with a red goat bitch
>>
File: DSC03965.jpg (820KB, 1330x1999px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03965.jpg
820KB, 1330x1999px
>>29307609
Be specific, patient and give yourself time. For example, I would choose only three. Let's say you choose:

Lifting
Martial Arts
Crafting

Below them I write (let's say "lifting" here):
+ 2/3 things you will do in day/week to improve this point (For example, I have: "Eating all my food" and "Do my routine until I finish it".)
+ What "consequences" of this actions will tell you you're in the right track (For example, be able to dead-lift more or have less Bf%).
+ Prize. Of course, the prize is "making it" here, but I would like to travel to Japan after this. LEL.

Every Sunday I try to evaluate my wake and pat myself in the back when I did good. If something is not working, you're free to change it. Change is always good. When I'm about to not do that cardio on Tuesday I always remind myself about Japanese girls or having the gains of Gooby.

Also, about trying to do too much at the same time: be patient. My personal three goals are: Lifting, German and Dancing. Mastering any of these things takes YEARS. There is a lot of stuff I want to do but I know I can't. Therefore, I tell myself that I will eventually do them ... later. So, I set a deadline: seven years. Every seven years I will choose new goals and do them with the same intensity as the ones before.

I find this system good and keeps me motivated. Does it help?
>>
>>29309195
Can you tell us more about your homeschooling? Some studies show that it's better than traditional schooling in some respects.
>>
>>29309124
Yeah like brainskill
>>
>>29307609
>>29309124
Bruh I tried to do the same with the goal setting and sleep schedule, I didn't do too well. I hope you're able to do it.

In regards to the whole sleep schedule thing. Sleep 6 hrs at night and make that a habit. Then pick a time in the evening to nap (like when you get home) and have an alarm to wake you up in 20min.

There are a lot of speed reading apps out there that can help. Like spreeder, just search the app store that pertains to you.
>>
Can you learn Piano on a shitty keyboard?

I want to learn piano but I don't have a piano, access to a piano, or money.
>>
>>29309328
Sure, just go for the basics first. Get yourself a beginners book and learn all the music theory, that's the most important (scales and stuff). You should be fine doing that on a low-end keyboard.
When you have more experience and saved up some money get a mid-tier piano.
>>
>>29307497
I never have and never will start cursing.
>>
>>29309262
I like the sound of that system. Did you make it up yourself? It sounds pretty limited though, only three personal goals?
>>
>>29309367
Admirable, more power to you.
>>
File: rugby_players edited.jpg (963KB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
rugby_players edited.jpg
963KB, 2500x1667px
>>29309263
from diapers until 2nd grade, then again in 5th grade before i went on to middle school. I moved school districts going into high school, and I think my experience with homeschooling developed a personal aversion to standards, so I graduated high school a year early (I was taking algebra as a fifth grader and ended up in all advanced courses). my parents were big into taking me to nature centers. shit, i don't even know where to go with all this. I basically taught myself everything, including how to read at an extremely young age. in fact, my first spoken words were read. talk about a surprise from your 4 year old
and yes, i'm a bit aspie but you wouldn't be able to tell in person at this point in my life

>19 YO junior in a top 10 school
>recently joined rugby and played men's club abroad, pretty damn dominant for like 5'10 160
>>
>>29306270
This thread makes me happy.
Can we get a self-improvement pdf/epub repository
going? So anons can download books we recommend.
>>
>>29308952
What's good Spanish music? I'm Mexican but don't know Spanish, lel. I've been trying to learn it on Duolingo but always end up quitting after like a week.
>>
>>29309289
Does anyone know any brainskill?
>>
File: 1413810613965.png (490KB, 3256x1154px) Image search: [Google]
1413810613965.png
490KB, 3256x1154px
>>29309384
I still think it may be too much, since I can only do Lifting and German at the time. Do the Dancing in vacations since there is no more work.

I have more goals, but I won't try to fulfill them now. I won't focus 100% of my energy on them. Why focus 2% in every thing when I could even go 50% 50%?
>>
>>29309407
I enjoying learning about other people's stories, it's motivational and inspiring in a ways. What motivates you, do you feel like it comes naturally to you to pursue things?

Also I want to get into playing rugby but I'm afraid that I'll look like a fool trying out since I don't really know much about it.
>>
>>29309516
it definitely takes some natural athleticism, and i played football from 4th grade through high school. what motivates me? tough question. sometimes I find my personal morals to be questionable, but then i interact with my fellow private school fuckheads and realize that IMO i'm just a genuinely better person than these entitled kids who run the top 3-1% of the world. it definitely came natural for the most part though. you can't tell a kid and a kid can't tell himself to learn to read independently as a 4 year old who can't talk yet. i did so by looking over the shoulder of my mom teaching my sister, btw, but both of them would never have guessed I was absorbing anything at all (couldn't form single words yet)
>>
>>29309262
good poitn but i at the moment i think doing more things but with less time is better. i dont want to start late with things that need a lifetime to develop. i think i go with the 80/20 rule

>>29309325
did you take your nap at a specific time? or is " hen you get home" a timeframe like 3-5p.m.

>>29309289
>>29309472
things that come to my mind:
speedreading
coldreading
memory training (like numbers or names)
leraning about personality types (http://www.personalitypage.com/html/index.shtml)
public speaking
>>
>>29309441
I don't know man I'm Mexican too and I just learned from my parents. To me I think some Spanish music is too fast paced to really learn, try novelas with subtitles or spanish dubbed movies with English subtitles. I think those would work best.

>>29309472
I like to feel like I used to have control of lucid dreaming but I haven't been able too lately. There has to be some sort of trigger and circumstances.

>>29309502
What type of dancing do you do? Also how are you learning German, with a program or?
>>
>>29309502
sprichst du noch ein bisschen deutsch, oder bist du zu fruh zu sprechen?
>>
File: 1414253099305.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1414253099305.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
>>29309441
http://youtu.be/Jp6j5HJ-Cok
>>
File: DSC05100.jpg (2MB, 1331x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05100.jpg
2MB, 1331x2000px
>>29309626
>>29309649
I actually traveled to the Fatherland to complete this challenge/dream. I'm currently there. Hahaha.

Mein Neger, ich habe Deutsch seit drei Jahre gelernt. Ich nehme oft an dem /deutschfaden/ des /int/s teil. Ich bin in Deutschland zwei mal gereist (dies es die zweite Mal). "Folg deine Träume" sagen sie, oder?
>>
"Folge deinen Träumen"

Man kann dich aber gut genug verstehen wenn du so sprichts, wie du schreibst. Gibt viele Türken hier die können das deutlich schlechter und leben seit 15+ Jahren hier
>>
File: DSC05167.jpg (838KB, 2000x1331px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05167.jpg
838KB, 2000x1331px
>>29310000
Die Quaden...

Eigentlich, Schreiben ist das schwerestenes. Deklination, Verben+Präpositionen, usw.

Türken ... ähm ... Scheisse. So viele.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ztZWWLaORE
>>
>>>/adv/
>>>/soc/
>>
>>29310546
This is health and fitness related, pls.
>>
this is kind of a girl-related post.

The girl I'm going out with is interested but I took her to an amusement park with long lines. We talked a lot but some of the lines were like an hour (or more) long and she playfully suggested if there was a game we could play. I fucking struggled and told her thumb wrestling. I let her win and that was that, but what are other good games I could have suggested in that time? Nothing like truth or dare in a fucking amusement park line, but anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>29309953
There is something about old architecture next to that of modern. its great that they preserve the past
>>
>>29307967
Is that the one that talks about the glengary speech? Because that shits retarded
>>
>>29311212
Why'd you choose an amusement park, it seems like an odd choice for a date knowing long lines. Was it at least horror themed?

About the games why didn't you try iSpy or the game where you try to slap each other hands (which is less physical then thumb-wrestling so you don't have to purposefully lose). That way you can playfully hold a grudge.
>>
>>29306270

Nice illustration but

>obssesed with facts

should be red
>>
>>29311212
I know pickup has a bad name but there are a lot of small games like palmreading and stuff.
>>
>>29307967
I find the surrounding oneself with people that you admire and look up to very very true and important. This thread alone motivates me to improve myself.
I have a best friend that doesn't seem like he's doing much in life and always has been. I feel like I should distance myself from him but he's like a brother to me. I mean I try to motivate him but sometimes I feel like he's a lost cause.
>>
>>29311339

Just never ever try palm reading. It's cheap as fuck and only acceptable if you do it as a joke, try to pull it like you really can palm read and you'll look stupid, stupid in a bad way.
>>
>>29311385
he wanted to kill time, stupid things are perfekt for that
>>
>>29311332
you're not quite green mode yet, friend
>>
>>29311212
talk about an interesting topic?
kiss her?
>>
>>29311332
I think the focus is on FACTS as opposed to status or other people, not on obsessed.
>>
>>29311396

I would suggest only jokes or moving to a direction you don't need to kill time. In the free time he could be deeping the questions or letting her talk.

If you ask some questions and wait, then they will talk forever
>>
>>29307497
Cursing has no affect on anything but image. It isn't a problem unless you do it around kids, elders, or in a professional environment.
>>
>>29311447

In some situations you just cannot use only facts or if you live only in facts, you end with a boring life.
>>
>>29307441
>the behavior suggested in it is pretty beta
Fucking wrong, to be like that and not care is to be an alpha male.
>>
>>29311562
Agree with this ccompletely
>>
>>29308952
How did you learn language from music? I've been trying to learn Japanese for a while and really enjoy listening to some Japanese music, but it's always so frenetic that I can't pick anything out except for a few basic words I already know. Did you look up and translate lyrics, or did you learn a sizeable vocab first and then reinforce with music?
>>
>seeing a girl
>going over to her house regularly
>almost get to fucking
>don't end up fucking her
>we text
>texing one night everything is fine
>next day suddenly stops texting
>I text her a few days later
>text a couple more times since
>last time we talked was like 2-3weeks ago

wtf happened, we were having a good time too. This shit is crazy, I kind of miss her lol.
>>
>>29311856
>text a couple more times and she doesn't reply*

it's weird, she not replying after always inviting me to her house, I had something wrong with my phone where I couldn't recieve some of her messages but that got sorted while we were still texting. It's weird, If she's just not into me, that's fine, If she's got a new boyfriend, that's fine I dont care but I'm just wondering if this is some weird shit that girls do.
>>
>>29311856
>>29311891
Happened to me once. I found out through mutual friends that she thought I drank to much and she didn't want to be around that. The point is some people are non confrontational and would rather ignore you than say they don't want to ge around you
>>
>>29311953
ah weird, she probably thinks I drink too much.

she used to tell me she thought me and my friends were "gangsters" kek.

>hfw I browse an image board dedicated to indian cartoons
>>
>>29306317
>tfw attending Carnegie univeristy
>tfw employer is paying for it
>It's actually positively affecting me

Good on you m8, there's some good knowledge there
>>
>>29312115
Might I ask who's your employer? Government or private?
>>
Art of war

Great book for business, and allows for alot of new ideas when looking at situations
>>
File: 28890965.jpg (44KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
28890965.jpg
44KB, 645x773px
I had a gf for a week before she dumped me.

At least I went up to 105 on OHP... ;_;
>>
>>29312115
Private; meat manufacturing specifically.

>so much goddamn protein

Haven't bought breakfast or lunch for months.
>>
>>29306317
Reading it too, it's pretty basic shit that people always overlook. Real good
>>
Anybody have a working link to The Way of Men? The only torrents I've found are in some weird format that my computer can't access.
>>
>>29307438
mfw 10 mil is one of my goals
>>
Enjoy the slavery of improving yourselves just to impress cunts you fucking losers!
>>
File: verse-11-30-2.png (20KB, 443x164px) Image search: [Google]
verse-11-30-2.png
20KB, 443x164px
>>29306270
Why are these threads always so fucking gay?

Y'all need some dispassion: http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
>>
File: do it for fef.png (261KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
do it for fef.png
261KB, 1400x1000px
>>29314222
u wot m8

don't do it for anyone. do it for yourself.
>>
>>29309607
Ty brah for info.
>>
>>29309407
>in fact, my first spoken words were read. talk about a surprise from your 4 year old

good for you, i guess, but this qualifies as way more serious than "a bit aspie"
>>
>>29306270
Unusually good post for an OP however, does everyone feel they have to include "Art of War" in every list.

Can one person quote it in a way applicable to modern times without sounding like a pompous douche?
>>
>>29308095
poli sci minor here. go for mech engineering
>>
>>29308872
Not worth it. You're groggy and tired and lie to yourself about how you're adjusting. Oversleeping and going to bed takes more than normal 6-8 hours a day. Okay in the short term but didn't work for me. Also no scientific literature I can find supporting this being healthy.
>>
Was thinking about waking earlier and going to bed earlier. I'm 18 in college and generally sleep 2/3 until 930-11 ish. I've read people around 16-25 tend to have their brains 'wired' to going to bed later. Would going to bed earlier be counter-productive?
>>
>>29307438
heh i spent 6 months in searching for career i would like to pursue and another 5 to apply for it during that time it changed a bit. it will take another 6 months of waiting to get interview and assessment if im successful. so take your time man
>>
What if I smoke, am getting overweight again, increasingly bored of my major and she has a bf but I really feel I deserve her?
>>
Made some improvements like:
-Getting to bed on time, naps if feeling tired.
-Consciously try to see the positive side, but most of all FEEL the positiveness in things.
-Eat clean foods, full of good nutrients

Effects:
Feel more awsome all the time
More energy
Less sickness
Better focus
More passion and drive in everything i do

Story:
> Made nice gainz
> Meet girl of my dreams
> We build things up and while we kiss she touches my body
> Stops suddenly and takes her tongue out while she feels my torso
> I hear a "WOW", while i see her eyes twinkle and a nice smile
> Been together for 2 months now
> Tfw no more doms, she gives massages like the best
> Nice ab workout doing some cardio together, if you know what im saying
>>
>>29314117
I read part of that book and I wasn't impressed at all
>>
The two things that are keeping me going at the moment are learning guitar and running. Gonna run a 5k on December 5th, which isn't a lot to most people but my cardio has always been god awful.
>>
>>29318091
>she has a bf but I really feel I deserve her
>I smoke
>am getting overweight again
>am bored of major

what makes you think you deserve her?
>>
>>29317140
if you're getting 8 hours of sleep and waking up at 9:30-11 works with your schedule, you shouldn't worry too much about it.

If waking up at 7am every morning would improve your life you should do that. Would waking up earlier allow you to do something that you can't because you wake up so late?
>>
File: OC.png (15KB, 261x285px) Image search: [Google]
OC.png
15KB, 261x285px
i really want to go uni but i've tried 3 times and dropped out due to social anxiety. Now I have that medicated and feel like i would do alright but my family is saying im not suited to it due to dropped out 3 times, what do?>
>>
This whole fucking thread

>>>/adv/
>>
File: skin.jpg (126KB, 1344x516px) Image search: [Google]
skin.jpg
126KB, 1344x516px
really want to get some better skin but cleansing +exfoliating + moisturizing does nothing for me
(skin feels good and smooth but still looks like shit)

any help brahs? pic related my shitty skin
>>
>>29309011

Duolingo has a few courses that aren't English-something or something-English. I'm doing French through Spanish because it helps me practice my Spanish and learn French. If you're at all interested in working on your English, you could do that and work on both of your languages.
>>
>>29321974
Just get a propranolol prescription m9
problem solved
>>
>>29311447
Facts can be interpreted differently by different people. Everything around you is opinionated.
>>
>>29322048
Propranolol is good for interviews and stuff like that. It gives you terrible dry eyes though which makes me feel more anxious at least in my experience.

It also lowers heart rate so lifting would be out of the question (heart rate doesn't raise + exercise = faint).

My suggestion is either an anti depressant or move where it's summer all year. I'm not even exaggerating, warm weather makes my anxiety disappear, and nothing brings it back faster than gloomy weather.
>>
>>29311891
>but I'm just wondering if this is some weird shit that girls do
yep
>>
>>29322023
coud dairy be the problem? I don't think I could live without it tho (easy protonz)
>>
>>29322466
Well did the skin problems start occurring when you started ingesting more dairy?
>>
>>29314036
Poor you. I had a gf for 3 years and then she dumped me for my best friend. At least you didn't waste that much time with her.
>>
>>29306270
Just stopping in to say that Meditations by Marcus Aurelius should be on the reading list. I read it and it's an incredible guide on how to live a simple, stress-free life.
>>
>>29322801
I've been drinking about half a litre of milk a day for the last few years so I don't know

how long should I stay away from dairy to (not) notice any differences? Also does that mean no whey?
>>
File: 1413760381653.jpg (40KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
1413760381653.jpg
40KB, 610x610px
I've been reading Book of Pook and I've liked it so far
>>
>>29323415
Hhnnnggg
>>
>>29309328
Buy a MIDI/USB keyboard and install Synthesia.
>>
>>29307653

>says studies
>doesn't cite

you bullshit is strong you cock sucking shit faggot
>>
>>29308796
how's that work? is it awkward? how well do you scrub your ass before going, I feel like i get a clean butt, but i just can't know. I would kill myself if i wasn't super clean going into a wax like that.
>>
>>29310050
Du bist der Mexikaner, der kein Spanisch kann? Übrigens, in welcher Stadt bist du?
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.