[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-improvement General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 30

File: 1405655757056.jpg (2MB, 3296x2840px) Image search: [Google]
1405655757056.jpg
2MB, 3296x2840px
how have you improved yourself this week/month/year? (aside from lifting)

*NEW* Recommended Videos:
http://youtu.be/b-a1jXgAsQI
http://youtu.be/3Ao7rZ8-HWo

Approved reading material:
http://raouldify.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/2011_1203-the-flinch.pdf
Dale Carnegie - How to win friends and influence people

Unapproved reading material:
Benjamin Francklin's Autobiography (work ethic as a young man, his philosophy of self improvement, time management and scheduling, how he got into politics, how to become a founding good father)
Brian Tracy + Colin Rose - Accelerated Learning (Staple self-improvement. Really really good, full of practical information)
The Millionaire Next Door (Full of really engaging anecdotes)
The book of pook.pdf
Models by Mark Manson (What "be yourself" really means)
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
No More Mr. Nice Guy
The Art Of War
Total Recall
The Way Of Men

Things you should be doing:
-Exercise
-Put actual effort in to your diet
-Clean your room / house at least once a week, don't live in a pigsty
-Do daily, simple, effective things (Brushing your teeth, flossing, making your bed)
-Learn to play an instrument (imagine having 10 years experience playing the piano when you're 30)
-Read every day
-Wake up at the same time every day (and get at least 8 hours of sleep)
-Have a morning routine-Learn a second (or third) language (duolingo.com)
-Stretch every day to become more flexible (http://www.reddit.com/r/flexibility/comments/28anxp/welcome_to_our_first_ever_30days_toetouching/)
-Taking good care of your skin (http://np.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/beginners)
-Meditate 10 minutes per day
-Stop cursing
-Make good long term decisions (getting braces, stopping smoking, losing weight)
-Make goals with the “7 days to live” mentality and accomplish them in 7 days

"Live your life like you're being followed by a camera crew that are making a documentary about you"

If you have any additions or remarks, post em
>>
>>28266465
Any advice on sleeping? I'm stuck in the cycle of sleeping at 3-4am waking up at 12pm. Feels like pure shit.
>>
>>28266557
Get up at the same time for at least a week. If you need to, for the first couple of nights you can take benadryl or melatonin to help you get at least some sleep, but it will be a hell week.
>>
>>28266604
Today I woke up at 12 so I probably won't be able to sleep until 1 or 2. I don't have access to drugs so I guess I'll jusy have to force myself to wake up at 5-6am everyday and hopefully be able to sleep earlier.
>>
>>28266557
google sleep hygiene (yes thats a thing) and make sure your sleep hygiene is proper. I shouldn't speak though because mine is fucked but its legit, trust me.

If you are stressed out, anxious, depressed or just cant stop analyzing past experiences then write.
http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/11/5/338.full
>>
>>28266604
At the end of the day itll be worth it
>>
some guy gave a bunch of tips on last general, did anyone screencap that?
>>
>>28266636
That's a cool article anon. I'll look it up.
>>
>tfw too lazy to even watch these videos, read books

looks like self improvement isnt for me
>>
>>28266631
Nigga, you can get generic Benadryl otc for like $1. Just look for Diphenhydramine. It's in pretty much every grocery store and pharmacy
>>
Polyglot masterrace reporting. Moving onto 6th language right now.

Die Frau trinkt Milch!
>>
>>28268813
The hell, I never understood how people learn languages so easily. How dude?
>>
Bumpan
>>
>>28266290
Please add 48 Laws of Power and Mastery to the unproved reading material.

Also the War of Art.
>>
>>28269166
http://4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki
>>
Anyone got any pdf links for mastery by Robert Greene and Accelerated learning by Brian Tracy
>>
>>28270089
TPB for the first one. The second one is only sold as audio
>>
>>28270144
Sorry for the hassle but what is TPB
>>
>>28270201

The Pirate Bay
>>
>>28270144
The pirate bay. Google sure is useful. Thanks man.
>>
>>28266290
I about 70% of the way through Models, the book is amazing, it's definitely worth the read.
>>
>>28268813
fellow rosetta stone bro it seems
>>
bumpity bump
>>
>>28270752
Not him, but its Duolingo, not rosetta stone.
>>
>>28266290
>-Stop cursing

What the fuck did you just fucking say, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: 1402811545011s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1402811545011s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>28273419
>>
File: 1407949718579.jpg (353KB, 780x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1407949718579.jpg
353KB, 780x1203px
Why most men won't make it

Reason are 2 folds:

1. Biology. People don’t want to expend more effort that what is necessary – perhaps this is biology at work, it’s need to conserve energy. Say what? You want me to go for a run? Fuck that nigga, I got some TV shows to watch!

That’s why there is an obesity epidemic in North America, simply because the brain loves sugar, salty and fatty food. People are fat fucks yet they can’t stop eating because the limbic (or is it reptilian?) part of their brain compels them to eat.

On top of that, biology doesn’t care if you live a “successful” life or not, as long as you pass on your genes. The human software is like a virus – your mission in life is go replicate yourself! From DNA stand point, even if the guy is a fat fuck with impending heart surgery, it doesn’t matter because he made babies with his chubby wife. Everything is fine and dandy.

2. The law of averages. In first world countries, we got air conditioning, high speed internet, good health care and endless entertainment – so what’s the fucking talk about “making it”? Put in the 8 hours of work per day, go home and relax. Enjoy life! Don’t worry, be happy.

The social script is there: go to college, get a job, get married, have kids, buy a house, work some more, retire and fuck Thai hookers in Bangkok. The America dream is fine and dandy.

The majority of people are happy with an average life and that’s fine. However, there so much more to life than being stuck in traffic, working 9 to 5, and being yelled at. Perhaps there is a better life out there.

Living the “American dream” is akin to someone living in a cave all their life – they haven’t ventured outside to greener pasture, yet.
>>
File: 1408516025729.jpg (39KB, 300x473px) Image search: [Google]
1408516025729.jpg
39KB, 300x473px
>>28274147
How to escape where you are now, and get to where you want to be

It boils down to daily effort. Want to get fit? Exercise 60 minutes, 3-5 times a week and eat well. Want to get more money? Build a business. Want to get more dates? Approach more women.

Easier said than done. If you were to observe 100 people who go to the gym as a “new year resolution”, only 5 of them will last 12 months later. Likewise (from personal experience), only 5 percent of poker players make money. Why is that? Human nature.

Success is a narrow path. It boils down to routines and good habits. Extreme focus, for days, weeks and years on end. And taking the right action, for days, weeks and years on end. Also getting rid of all distractions, not paying attention to shit that does not matter.

This is part I of the rant.

In part II, I’ll describe the “formula” for success. How to structure a day for success and the mental “toughness” it takes to become a successful nigga.

The sheeple walks on the flat land, with his sheep friends, linking arms. The lone wolf travels on the narrow mountain. It’s a hard and arduous path – but in the end, he’s glad that he did.
>>
Consistense and discipline.

As of this month I've quit junk food. I'm just reading SS before I start lifting. I'm also making schedules so I do well and make money by wise time management. I'm only 18.
>>
File: femalesamurai.jpg (527KB, 896x1400px) Image search: [Google]
femalesamurai.jpg
527KB, 896x1400px
>>28274157
How to make it in life

We know time is precious and we’ll all die – at some point in the future. However, death seems abstract, as we imagine ourselves to die at old age, shitting our pants in some retirement home before passing out. So we live and squander our days as if we’ll never die.

According to Nielsen numbers, the average American spends 34 hours a week watching TV which amounts to 9 years of his life watching TV.

If you ever encounter a stupid middle age person, it’s because their squandered their 20s and 30s doing watching TV/distracting themselves. In contrast, the average adult reads 5 books per year (a surprisingly low number. A book typically takes 6 hours to finish)

Promise yourself to never watch TV and squander your time again.
>>
File: makeit.jpg (346KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
makeit.jpg
346KB, 1366x768px
>>28274169
In conclusion – get going, because your life starts today

Ever see an old man at the park, staring at the pond, contemplating? He’s looking back at his youth, pondering about the things he’s done, before the death reaper snatches his body and soul, collapsing his body into an inanimate heap.

A youth walks by, looking at the old man. However, the youth forgets that his destiny is the same as the old man. Alas, old age seems to be decades from now, in some vague distant future.

Nothing is further from the truth.

You will become an old fuck before you know it, living life full of regrets. Don’t let this be you. Guard your time wisely. Have the courage to pursue your dream. Don’t shrink at fear. Do not coward at setbacks. Have the resolve to walk the narrow path, and become your ideal self.

The journey is long and hard. At times you’ll doubt yourself. But once you reached the summit, you’ll look back at your journey. It will be the most amazing adventure you’ll ever have.

Once it’s said and done, you’ll bask in your own glory, enjoying the fruits of your own work. The sheeps near the foot of the mountain, will crane their necks, looking upward at your enlightened being. The higher conscious sheep will look at you for aspiration. The lower conscious sheep will bahhh and maaaa at you, telling you to get the fuck off the summit. “What do you think you are, some special nigga?” they baaaa in unison.

But you smile inside, because you know you deserved it. Your effort, your courage and your resolved paid off.

Your time has come. Your great journey starts today.
>>
>>28274184
T-thanks anon
>>
File: cs.jpg (130KB, 1028x732px) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
130KB, 1028x732px
>>28274165
Correct. Refer to picture for the truth.
>>
>>28274230
You're welcome. <3 much love from Anon.

You're going to make it brah.
>>
>>28274147
Have your read "Thinking fast and Slow?" I bet you did.
>>
>>28274252
No I haven't but it's from the Malclom Glad guy? I read 3 of his books, outlier, blink and something else.
>>
File: best_thing_now_1303625421516.png (44KB, 416x300px) Image search: [Google]
best_thing_now_1303625421516.png
44KB, 416x300px
>>28266290
One thing that will change your life more than any other thing. Sounds simple but it is uncannily powerful. Something nearly 90% of self made billionaires have.

Written goals, reviewed regularly.

inb4 I have goals, writing them down can't help much.

Try it and be amazed.
>>
>>28266290
I'm going to be deaf in ten years so fuck learning an instrument but I am learning a second language.
I don't have enough time to learn a, language lift and work full time
>>
>>28274337
Say that to Beethoven
>>
Everything in this thread is common sense.
>>
>>28274350
yet no one does it irl
>>
Does anybody remembers, there was one PUA-like book, it was just pdf somewhere on the internet (on some website like scribd), it was more about motivation and fulfilling goals, working harder and guy who wrote it has name like some english king, Henry or Richard. First page of the book also had old painting of said king as a cover.

Anybody can help me and give me link? pretty please, it was really good read.
>>
>>28274337
in 10 years you will be sick of playing music anyway
>>
I can't get to a gym so what kind of exercise can I do?
>>
>>28266290
>The Way of Men
Why is that garbage piece still thrown around as a recommended read? Did the author suck your dick?
>>
>>28275665
home gym
>>
whats up with all this unapproved reading material
why isnt it approved?
>>
>>28274239
Thanks so much for posting that bro. That's awesome. I've always tried to figure out formulas for success and this is so accurate. Recommend this to anyone looking for success. I notice the biggest bodybuilders all say they like being uncomfortable and pushing themselves.
>>
Okay OP, This week so far:

- I became vegetarian
- gotten out of bed 6am each morning
- gymmed every day
- structured my time and got fuck loads done

I just wanna be able to make these habits, not just a this week thing
>>
>>28266678
yes, i'll upload them when I'm on my desktop
>>
>>28266290
Fucking /mental health thread/ trying to pass off as "self improvement" pls fucking go
>>
>>28269166
I hear it gets easier after your second language, you just get better at learning them. But its mostly about consistent practice and usage of the language every day.
>>
>>28269166
check out fluent in 3 months (the book not the blog) it's geared toward people like you

nothing especially great if you're already into language learning, but if you're struggling to get into it I highly recommend it.

it isn't actually a manual for achieving 'fluency' in three months, it's more one guy's story of what his experience from a decade of studying languages. he started at 21 knowing only English, and now he's almost 30 and speaks half a dozen 'fluently' and is familiar with several others.

basically, it's just like lifting. the big secret is that there is no secret. if you're passionate and committed you will see results
>>
>>28276857

confirmed pleb
>>
>>28276787
>- I became vegetarian

eehh... how is this an improvement? if so, you're just over-complicating yourself
>>
>>28276787
Just keep it up bro, soon enough it will a habit rather than a concious effort
>>
>>28276857
Fuck off back to your manlet/tinder threads you piece of shit
>>
I joined the anime club at uni in an attempt to get friends. D-does that count as improvement?
>>
>>28277238
It's a start, try joining some others too
>>
I'm eating very good since last week
How long until it becomes a habit? I still need to remind myself to eat
>>
File: sig.jpg (617KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
617KB, 2197x1463px
/sig/ - Self-Improvement General
>>
My goals aren't even clear. I try to write them but what can i really say? "study, improve social skills" "start a business, make money" "eat well, sleep 7 hours, work out" these are my only goals, other than that I'd say my time is wasted sometimes. What are examples of goals you'd write down?

Can time really be squandered when everyone is going to die and become nothing? I know Zyzz died young but I feel his short life was spent better than most. 1 day of his life = a lifetime of my aspirations.

>>28276514
This. I've read one of the unapproved books, wtf is up with that?
>>
>>28277532
Instead of writing down "study moar XD" try setting goals like study a certain chapter or review a test so you understand all of it or you know stuff like that, small, consistant and above all achieveable goals are the best way to do it m8
>>
>>28277532
>Zyzz

you should stop comparing yourself to faggots, you can always do better

what is the first step towards making it? BEING ALIVE. Check-mate, jyzz
>>
>>28277561
Thanks m8 but I hope you realize that I posted that as positive bait just to get your criticism. I'm all about criticism and self improvement mate, thank you and have a wonderful life, and of course have a productive day today and on your last day of life.
>>
>>28277640
Oh..well 5/5 you got me, and thanks you too
>>
File: 10outof10.jpg (5KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
10outof10.jpg
5KB, 187x250px
How do I stop myself from seeing every women I meet as a potential gf? I tend to "fall in love" way too easily and it really fucks me up mentally.
>>
>>28277753
>stop myself from seeing every women I meet as a potential gf

Just get to know them. It'll work itself out.
>>
>>28277753
Just remember the nastiest messiest shit you ever took and remember the smell of the skidmarks in your boxers, the rank swampass you had after and remember that the "perfect girl" you just fell in love with not only has had shits nastier than those but also has blood clots dropping out of her vagoo every month.
>>
File: 1398138232469.jpg (8KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
1398138232469.jpg
8KB, 212x218px
>>28276787
>became vegetarian
>>
>>28277753
imagine all the expensive stuff you will have to buy to her and all the fucking hours you will have to work your ass to earn that money
>>
>>28277787
the worst part is that I rarely do get to know some of them mainly because I'm shy when I'm around certain girls. so i just keep my feelings to myself.
>>
>>28274169
Shit man i thought that part about watching TV taking up about 9 years of life was horse shit, then i added up the numbers, my math is terrible but it worked out roughly to it.

I was just about to watch Futurama for probably around 3-4 hours but now i feel like it would be such a fucking waste of time, so I'm going to stretch, read the book i was started reading like 2 months ago and go to bed.

Thank you Anon.

Also I'm probably going to leave this site for at least a few months, it ends up being such a time sink for me. Gonna start focusing on working out, cardio, stretching, Playing guitar, reading, writing poetry and writing fiction. Also finally getting around to applying for jobs.

Cheers cunce it was fun here on /fit/ for a while, now its more infested with shitposting than ever. So long.
>>
>>28277875
see you tommorow anon
>>
>>28274345
Beethoven play from child.
>>
>>28277753
Your infatuation is based on a physical attraction. Talk to the woman and you’ll realize you have nothing in common.
>>
File: jd unknown pleasures.gif (1011KB, 410x535px) Image search: [Google]
jd unknown pleasures.gif
1011KB, 410x535px
>>28277892
No chance, I'll be too busy blasting my quads, playing guitar and then going to the pub, hopefully talk to some honeys.
>>
>>28277753
you see her as a potential gf because SHE IS a potential gf
>>
>>28278071
But it happens so often. It's almost unreal.
>>
>>28278094
Me too, my dick works too.
>>
>>28278071
>you see her as a potential gf because SHE IS a potential gf
Don't project your low standards on others son
>>
>>28278013
The day after then or at least the next time you get

>tfw
>>
>>28266774
Self improvement is masturbation, now self destruction is what it's all about.
>>
>>28278225
are you a nihilist or something or are you just repeating the shit you heard in fight club
>>
>>28278249
pls don't spoil fight club... watching it tonight for the first time
>>
>>28275390
The fucking irony eh?
>>
>>28275753
I haven't read that, what's wrong with it?
>>
I just read 'The Flinch' and it's pretty legit. Whenever I plan to do something otu o the ordinary, I get this tight feeling in my chest of anxiety. I know what it is, and I find it very annoying. Sometimes I'll do the thing anyway because I know logically there's nothing to fear. But how do I get my body to stop feeling super anxious before I do anything?
>>
>>28276857
Fuck out of here you piece of shit and go back to your feels threads.
>>
>>28277753
No matter how hot she is, some guy out there is tired of her shit. Be warned anon, once you get on to the self improvement train and focus on nothing but yourself; they will be swarming at you like flies and will come with plenty of drama.
>>
>>28278416
idk if this image >>28274147 is real, like legit or not but if it is then the guy you are replying to should be ignored as he is an Omega. Doesn't matter + or -, that image really effects me because as I read it I thought "Beta + sounds so like me". I think you should aspire to be either Alpha's, Beta +, or even Gamma + but learn to identify the "-'s" and associate their opinion with failure/bullshit, hang out with the "+'s". Even Omega + is aware they need to change.
>>
>>28266557
The anon who said to wake up early is 100% right. If you keep waking up at a certain time, you'll get tired at a certain time. I don't recommend staying up over a long period to adjust your schedule, unless you need a huge shift in a short period of time (I just went from day shifts to night crew for this week, basically swapped 12 hours exactly, and with 2 days notice). Other than that, make sure your sleep quality is good.
>>
>>28278502
This is legit the only way. I've had sleep cycles to the point I've had every sleep cycle. I've woken up at every hour possible. I tried making ways to improve it but the only way that really works is sacrificing a night or day and just getting up early, bluntly ending the bad cycle and NEVER get on that bad cycle ever again
>>
>>28278345
the urges
>>
>>28275753
pretty sure it came by way of /pol/
Lots of MRA fedora tipping losers like the guy
>>
>>28278492
Hell, even Delta + is fine. What's wrong with living an average AKA good life? And Alpha - is actually a bad thing to be. So all + are what you should be, never be a "-" anything. Just look at the damn chart, I wish I knew where this guy got his info from cause it seems legit.
>>
>>28278345
tyler durden is actually his twin
vader is luke's father
>>
>>28266290
>-Stop cursing
whats wrong with cursing tho
>>
>>28278249
Self improvement isn't for everybody, sometimes you are born fucked into a fucked up family, with a fucked up life. When that's the case, self destruction is the only way. You stop giving a fuck, doing what you want and quickly climbing up to an alpha status (Doesn't matter if a+ or a-). Now the price you have to pay for quickly climbing the social hierarchy is death, you will literally be fucking with death the whole time, knowing everything you do could be your last, and it fuels your very existence. Everything becomes beautiful because any minute could be your last. So in conclusion, in exchange for your miserable life you climb the social hierarchy at an extremely quick pace, now whether it's worth it isn't for me or you to decide. Either way its a win win, since the miserable bastard lives his life but eventually dies; chances are he won't be passing on his seed. I suppose you could see it as Darwinism at play.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD1512_XJEw
>>
>>28278651
It makes you seem uneducated and vulgar when you express your dislike/disapproval of something like a common street urchin:
"that's fucking bullshit. fucking fuck shit fuck"
>>
File: ocfn5rux.jpg (278KB, 950x533px) Image search: [Google]
ocfn5rux.jpg
278KB, 950x533px
>>
>>28275623
>28275623
book of pook?
>>
File: 1313234498503.jpg (32KB, 383x379px) Image search: [Google]
1313234498503.jpg
32KB, 383x379px
>>28266290
This is bs. here is why

>Things you should be doing:
-Exercise
I am 3 years so far.still virgin.

i count calories since day one.

Im so clean i may be borderline ocd(medfag)

-Do daily, simple, effective things (Brushing your teeth, flossing, making your bed)
this is basic shit everyone needs to do neckbeard.

-Learn to play an instrument (imagine having 10 years experience playing the piano when you're 30)
cant.poor fag

-Read every day
I bet i read more books in one month than 90% of the people in a year.

this wont work for me.i have 8h lectures and practice.sometimes they start at 8am,sometimes at 10am

I know 3

-Stretch every day to become more flexible
>muh yoga
you retards dont know that trifecta in convict conditioning 2 is all you need.How do i know?see see above

-Taking good care of your skin (http://np.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/beginners)
no acne

this is ok.I recommend-mindfulness in plain english

-Stop cursing
i only do on the chans

-Make good long term decisions (getting braces, stopping smoking, losing weight)
only for people that rly have problems to solve

hah.world is not pink
>>
>>28278887
didn't need to read past "virgin" to see why your mentality fails. Another loser on 4chan, who'd of guessed.
>>
>>28278905
nigga wat ?
>>
>>28278887
>It doesn't work for me, so it will not work for anyone else.
>>
>>28278683

I can see you now, dropping a brick on your foot

"Oh goodness gracious me, that smarts like the dickens"
>>
>>28278928
oh but it will.im just saying dont get your hopes to high
>>
>>28278924
all i'm saying is you sound like you have a negative mindset. also, lifting doesn't mean you'll get pussy.
>>
>>28278683
I agree. It's an easy way to lower your self worth but it just slips sometimes
>>
>>28277467
>4 guys just not giving a shit

based
>>
>>28278958
>negative mindset
not at all.I dont know how you felt the vibe
> lifting doesn't mean you'll get pussy
I learned that long time agoo
>>
>>28268813
I just started german a week ago.
>>
>>28268813

6 languages? wtf, why that many? not like anything will replace english soon

more than 3 seems unnecesary to me
>>
>>28279103
The top three everyone should strive to learn is English, Arabic, Chinese. If you master those three, add Russian and Spanish to the list. I'm currently learning Arabic, my next target is Chinese.
>>
>>28278989
>not at all
negative. to be ignored by me. just saying, you're hopeless.
>>
File: 1313182212128.png (21KB, 269x239px) Image search: [Google]
1313182212128.png
21KB, 269x239px
>>28279181
>hey guise look at me imma troll
>>
>>28278887
>i have 8h lectures and practice.sometimes they start at 8am
is it too hard to wake up at 6 or 7 ?
>>
>>28279220
I do fagot every day.now you go out after all week doing all that bs and have a social life(clubs ect.)
>>
>>28279198
Except he's right
>>
Anyone know of a way to keep your mathmatic abillities at their best?
>>
File: 1309245183010.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1309245183010.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>28279300
>>28279181
>>
>>28274184
Are you the project Übermensch guy? If you are I was reading your blog shortly before you shut it down, it was good stuff, I was sad to see it go.
>>
>>28278887
So basically you're saying that no in should do those things because you already do them? What's your point?
>>
>>28277118
>>28276787
>>28277807

I was forced to be vegetarian while growing up, it's fucking retarded and shitty. It also limits your pallet so fucking much that unless you absolutely love fruit and veg you're going to be eating a shit ton of carbs.

5 years ago I started eating meat and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself.
>>
>>28279510
well he does them and he's still a virgin, so since everybody's goal is not to be a virgin, ther's no point in doing it
>>
>>28279535
you're just speaking about taste here

a vegetarien diet is healthier, though a little meat once in a while doesn't hurt
>>
>>28279569
That's a retarded goal. If you all you want out of life is to not be a virgin go pick up some gutter whore and fuck her. Then kill yourself.
>>
>>28279612
I..I was being ironic, of course he's retarded
>>
>>28266290
>Went back to school to get an education
4.0 in all fall/spring and summer classes
>Cleaned up my diet.
lost 50lbs without exercising
>Starting this summer I started walking regularly and hitting the gym.
Got over my gym phobia
Lost 10 more lbs, gained muscle definition

I want to lose ~40 more lbs. Classes start Monday, I got a student worker job in IT. Financial aid is trying to fuck me over.
I'm gonna make it they can't stop me.
>>
>>28279612
>That's a retarded goal.
you are on /fit/ mang.this is no place for normalfags
>>
This all takes some serious amount of time, who has that.

>-Stop cursing
Why
>>
>>28280007
because fuck you
>>
File: 1347824208820.jpg (101KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
1347824208820.jpg
101KB, 1000x662px
>>28280033
ITT:/fit/ gives advice on how to improve yourself
>>
>>28279180
still didnt answer my question, why?
>>
>>28268813
the woman drinks milk ? and you consider yourself to be a polyglot ? bitch pls
>>
>>28278905
>who'd of
who'd HAVE
>>
>>28266290
Just read The Flinch this evening, it really gave me lot to think about, and it's only 38 pages, so go read it.
>do it now
>>
Way of men wasnt so good when i read it, all of it felt rather obvious.

No more mr. Nice guy is good though, half way through it
>>
>>28281369
I didn't like Way of Men, I didn't read it all but a lot of it felt obvious like you said which didn't compel me to bother with the rest of the book
>>
>>28266290

>went to a dentist, got the shit scraped off my teeth, had wisdom teeth removed, deep cleaning to treat gums, whitened teeth after all of this with toothpaste/white strip combo
>adopted a skin care regimen, most facial acne is gone, finally making progress on nose blackheads. Seriously, before I couldn't even pop them.
>set up a consultation for acne scar treatment, plan to have that treatment within 3-6 months when I can afford it
>started college, fasfa is covering it
>got a minimum wage job as a donation guy at Goodwill, selling lots of stuff on the side, making more than my actual paychecks and it's all tax free
>following /fit/'s advice. Thanks to you guys and the sticky I'm down to 280lbs (was 330lbs)
>started lifting, could barely squat the bar on the first day. Tomorrow I'm progressing to a 1 plate squat. Very excited.
>>
>>28266290
>stop cursing

why
>>
Is there a duolingo or Michel Thomas type thing for Russian?
>>
I'm done lifting, been doing so for 9 months. Made some pretty massive games and I toned up pretty good too. I was always a lurker in these threads and you guys were good motivation

>tfw the only thing limiting me from going full normalfag and losing my virginity now is my straight but lightly yellow teeth

;_;7
>>
>>28282326
use google
>>
>>28281894
It really doesnt get any better, thought it would lead to some deep insight but it just stayed standard throughout, if the first half didnt inspire you the second half wont either
>>
>>28279180
why would anyone want to talk to those scum

Russian, Spanish, Italian, German and maybe Swedish are worth
>>
>>28277753
Read the Book of Pook, helped me with stuff like this a lot
>>
>>28266557
I recently broke this (~6 months ago). Firstly actually having a job is probably the best cure but whatever your circumstances, the next best thing I've found is progressing over about a month period to earlier bed times and earlier wake ups, simple as. Having something to get up for was pretty essential for me. At college if I didn't have anything to get up for I'd sleep in until 11-12 every day and go to bed at 2-4 every day. Since coming back home and having shit to do, I've just naturally started to get up earlier even if I feel like shit (because that night you're going to get to sleep easier). And, of course, turn off all your electronics an hour before you're actually going to get to sleep - I started just not watching online shows or films really late at night, and easing myself into doing this by listening to my iphod on low volume for 45 mins or so. Eventually (at least a month) of doing this, it just works.

Now I naturally wake up about 8 and go to bed any time between 11 and 1, whilst lifting 3 days a week and playing sports twice. I'm slowly getting better at going to bed earlier, too.
>>
>>28266290
kekkity kek
>>
>>28266290
bump
>>
What times are the best to sleep and wake up at, assuming all days are fully free?

Also, what would you do in my case: I've had the routine of sleeping at 4 and getting up at noon when it was unwarranted to get up any earlier. While I would now prefer to move my schedule earlier and get more day time to work on various things, I also have university lectures to go to during weekdays. Some days they are between 10:00 and 18:00, but on some others they start at 18:00 and end around 22:00. Given this schedule, I figure that waking up later on those days would make me more focused and aware at later times, but then I would be unable to get up at the same time every day, and wouldn't be waking up early either. So what do?
>>
Check out this self-improvement and personal development blog guys:
ascendexistence.com
>>
>>28277796
Now every time I think of my oneitis I will remember this post, thank you anon
>>
File: 1398974020163.gif (3MB, 320x210px) Image search: [Google]
1398974020163.gif
3MB, 320x210px
>tfw you realize all this time you were "socializing" you failed to really get into a social circle or make real friends
>tfw you're on your own
fuckin ell its my senior year in hs. part of it was transferring schools but idk what im doing wrong, i talk to everyone
>>
>>28270652
I have a physical copy of that book but I can't finish it, though I have to, my social skills are declining
>>
a day in the life
>wake up 6am, tell self i will actually turn shit around and get things done today
>read for a little while before work
>go to work
>come home
>sit in bedroom edging to for like 4 hours while playing super nintendo roms and watching porn
>decide to listen to obscure black metal demos and shitpost on 4chan afterward
>haven't bothered lifting or doing anything useful today

how do i stop being retarded
>>
>>28288753
lol you're still in high school kid stfu
your life hasn't even started yet
>>
>>28288753
Bro in 2 years you're going to look back and laugh your ass off at how important you thought the dumbest shit was
>>
I've started to overcome my fear of bulking for the first time. Kept thinking that I needed to shrink my stomach more, but it finally clicked with me that I'd look better if everything else grew proportionally first.

I want to make it
>>
>>28288753
Doesn't matter. You can do it all again in college. Or you can be like me and miss that ship, too.
>>
>>28268813
take the dlpt or any actual test regarding language and come back to me. I know how to count to 5 in 6 languages, such a polyglot lolol XD
>>
> People actually think reading will fucking improve you

kek brah
>>
>>28289935
I dont get how you have access to the internet but still post things like this.

Its like some wierd catch-22 that infects so many people I know, unlimited information at their fingertips yet they are still somehow idiots.
>>
I have taken the time to write down all the books in OP and various posts seen through the thread if anyone is interested. * means all of them, ? means unsure author. This is not an approved list.

* - Ernest Hemingway
* - Philip K. Dick
59 Seconds - Richard Wiseman
A Guide to the Good Life - William B. Irvine
A History of Rome - Max Cary
A Song of Ice and Fire - George R. R. Martin
Accelerated Learning Techniques - Brian Tracy
All Quiet on the Western Front - Erich M. Remarque
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
Blood Meridian - Cormac McCarthy
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man - John Perkins
Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Discworld - Terry Pratchett
Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes
Dune - Frank Herbert
Economics in One Lesson - Henry Hazlitt
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson
How to Be a Gentleman - Thomas Nelson
How to Talk to Anyone - Leil Lowndes
How to Win Every Argument - Madsen Pirie
How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
How's Your Drink - Eric Felten
Introvert Power - Laurie Helgoe
Lateral Thinking - Edward de Bono
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Mastery - Robert Greene
Matterhorn - Karl Marlantes
Meditations - Marcus Aurelius
Mental Traps - Andre Kukla
Mindfulness in Plain English - Bhante H. Gunaratana
Models: Attract Women Through Honesty - Mark Manson
Muscle: Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder - Samuel W. Fussell
No More Mr. Nice Guy - Robert A. Glover
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabrial G. Marquez
Paradise Lost - John Milton
Politics - Aristotle
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
Siddhartha - Hermann Hesse
Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut
Starship Troopers - Robert A. Heinlein
Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse
Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! - Richard Feynman
Switch - Chip & Dan Heath
Talent Is Overrated - Geoffrey Colvin
The 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene
The Art of War - Sun Tzu

(cont.)
>>
>>28290223

The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin - Benjamin Franklin
The Book - Alan Watts
The Book of Pook - Pook
The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Definitive Book of Body Language - Barbara Pease
The Doors of Perception - Aldous Huxley
The Everything Practice Interview Book - Dawn R. McKay
The Flinch - Julien Smith
The Forever War - Joe Haldeman
The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham
The Manipulated Man - Esther Vilar
The Millionaire Next Door - Thomas J. Stanley
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
The Prince - Niccolo Machiavelli
The Republic - Plato
The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt - Edmund Morris
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey
The Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut
The Songs of Distant Earth - Arthur C. Clarke
The Stars My Destination - Alfred Bester
The Stranger - Albert Camus
The Young Man's Guide - William A. Alcott
Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
Total Recall - ?
War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
Willpower - John Tierney & Roy Baumeister
Yes Man - Danny Wallice
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig

Might still contain mistakes, of course.
>>
>>28288815
Face your situation and /allow yourself to feel shame/.
Shame has helped me turn things around more than most other emotions. You don't need to try to beat yourself up, but you should allow yourself to feel the shame that comes with doing something you shouldn't. Then the force of that shame will start to condition you to do the right thing, even in the face of fear. Eventually it will become a pavlovian response where your whole being knows that doing the wrong thing when you could do better equals pain and doing the right thing even where it's scary results in pride and a feeling of peace. I'm still allowing myself to be conditioned this way, but it's very motivating and I don't regret it at all. I haven't had to sacrifice happiness and peace of mind for sadness and fear. I've helped myself get into more and more happiness and peace of mind by walking through temporary spikes of fear and sadness.
>>
File: feel2.jpg (67KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
feel2.jpg
67KB, 720x540px
>>28279388
You bet!

http://projectubermensch.wordpress.com/acesend/

;)
>>
>>28288564
I checked out that blog, it's GREAT stuff.
>>
I realized I let myself be emotionally abused because of low self esteem! Hopefully my psychologist can help me.
>>
File: 1406552425835.png (543KB, 1320x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1406552425835.png
543KB, 1320x2992px
>>28278683
Unless you are Gordon Ramsay
>>
>>28290237
>>28290223
wow thanks for the effort, it makes it easier than the OP pic which is really huge
>>
File: 1403123432362.jpg (252KB, 1220x889px) Image search: [Google]
1403123432362.jpg
252KB, 1220x889px
>>28278886
>>28275623
Yes, most definitely Book of Pook.
http://www.djbible.classicalgasemissions.com/book_of_pook.pdf
>>
>>28291566
the purple thingy is the best idea

the rest is shit if you have any kind of self-control though
>>
>>28278887
Isn't bs. here's why:

>Things you should be doing:
-Exercise
I now have a body I wouldn't ever think I would have 3 years ago. It feels good to see myself in the mirror and
functional strength really helps in life.

See the above

I'm working on this, but a clean room is really nice to live in and it gives a good impression.

this is basic shit everyone needs to do neckbeard. <- true

Maybe someday

-Read every day
I do and I enjoy it. It also gave me a lot of insights.

"this wont work for me.i have 8h lectures and practice.sometimes they start at 8am,sometimes at 10am" <- I don't see the problem
I'm going to wake up at the same time anyway because I'm about to start working.

I know 3 <- same

-Stretch every day to become more flexible
muh Taekwondo

sporadic acne

"this is ok.I recommend-mindfulness in plain english" <- also true

-Stop cursing
I'll do my fucking best

I really regret smoking

I do like to plan a little further than 7 days, it's what got me a nice job in the first place

I don't see your point, you say it's bullshit but you do halve of these stuff.
>>
>>28291230
Ah so you're starting the blog again, why? I thought it took to much up out of your time? Also I'm not sure how your language learning is going at the moment (Korean?) but I'm currently learning Chinese and would recommended a program called anki for vocabulary.

Good luck anyway!
>>
File: Day28.png (323KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Day28.png
323KB, 400x500px
>>28279790
>>28282041

We're gonna make it ;)

>>28282326
I think there is a pimsleur course or three

>>28290237
>>28291560
>>28290223
For future reference: http://pastebin.com/yEN7ru09
>>
>>28278601
The problem with Delta + is that eventually, he will wake up and realize that mediocre isn't good enough, but he will have placed himself into a hole that is hard to escape. Most likely, the disappointment and/or depression will tip him from that comfortable Delta + into a lower level on the chart.

>tfw 30 yo d+ regretting life choices
>>
>>28282160
curse words are mainly filler words for lack of vocabulary to explain things
>>
>Stop cursing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM

Fuck off.
>>
>>28291714
I won't update every day, maybe once a week. Currently learn Japanese. Best month I made $14,000 in poker.

>I made it.
>>
/fit/ I need your help.

I have deep seated feelings of my own inadequacy and seeing other people do well at things I want to do well at makes me angry.

Seeing other people improving themselves in the ways I want to improve myself makes me jealous and unhappy.

Even reading this thread makes me angry. I didn't used to be like this.

How the fuck do I get over this?
>>
>>28274316
Does writing them on my computer count?
>>
>>28291968
I fucking hate people like you
Fuck you
Stop being such a little bitch
>>
>>28291990
I hate myself for it, man. I really do. And I don't actively sabotage other people, in fact I actively try to help them as much as I can to improve themselves. But to do this I have to fight so fucking hard against my deep seated feelings.
>>
>>28291968
Improve yourself! Sounds like you're not doing stuff already. Start working out, and do it in a smart way. Read the sticky etc. Just keep at it and you'll start seeing results sooner than later, but don't expect instant results. Unrealistic expectations impede your progress.

>>28291990
You, stop being so negative. There's no reason to act like that when someone's asking for help.
>>
>>28292052
I am working out and do work out. I deadlift 4 plate, squat 3 plate and bench 2 plate.
>>
>>28292052
>>28291990

I'm sorry bro
It's just since my teenage years I was in a pretty much beta nerd friend group where all we talked about was 4chan, and beta shit, I was fat, antisocial, ugly, etc

Then I found /fit/ and started to change everything, dress, lost weight, cleared skin, started reading, ended up losing my virginity, having a few relationships etc,

But to this day that small group of friends who I still talk to will constantly try to undermine me for my efforts and act like they're somehow doing better and shun me just because my life is going much more successful than theirs because they're lazy and stupid

I'm sorry bro, guess I have deep seated feelings of inadequacy as well

Apologies
>>
>>28292259
Yeah, those people who seem like friends but don't like your success, it feels sour...
>>
>>28279583
wanna have my mean? *wink* *wink*
>>
>>28292329
>mean
>>
>>28274147
Personal experience dictates that all (-) types are bound to fall down the ladder, while the (+) types continuously climb the ladder.

up to 4th grade : alpha - .

Lack of experience in dealing with problems + some emotional experiences -> turned beta (-) .

While B- , I saw myself alpha, but was really just the oddman in the group. Totally egocentric, borderline Gamma(-) (emo kid).

I never got go delta +, but god damn, I need to try harder and at least become beta +.

The only difference between + and - is one's mindset.

If you look at all of them , you realize that - are always "pessimistic, don't give a fuck" while + are "I'll give my life meaning with meaningful actions".

Even delta + has some - in it, in that the depression from bad feels turns him into - and then omega. SEriously, by the time you reach delta +, you're so likely to turn into an inferior minus, that delta + might as well be on the right side of the chart.
>>
>>28292374
bah, cellphone auto correct.
>>
>>28292476
that being said, if you so much as change your outlook and mentality into a (+), no matter your letter, you'll always improve.

And with time, perhaps you won't reach Alpha(+) (if you're starting too late), but realistically, only 1% of the population ever reaches that status. And even then, they waste so much of their life for that classification, that it's not really worth it.

Getting to B(+) is not only humbling, it's dignifying and fulfilling.

I hope to be one such B(+) one day. Wish me luck, bros.
>>
File: fit_girl_lifting.jpg (48KB, 663x451px) Image search: [Google]
fit_girl_lifting.jpg
48KB, 663x451px
>>28291983
Yes sure as long as they are not some random half-assed rubbish floating around in your head. I can elaborate further.

Three levels of goal

1. The dream - a picture of what success looks like eg be strong fit and healthy.

2. Production goals - What you will achieve by when eg achieve intermediate level on strstd by end 2014m, body fat to 15% by 30 June 2015.

3. Process goals. How you will achieve the above goals. Stick to diet each day. Gym 5X a week. Cardio once a week.

I can recommend the book "Ten Minute Toughness" for more on this.
>>
Hey /fit/ I have a problem.
I act way TOO happy sometimes, and there are times when I act before I think. I want to be a little bit more stoic and serious but I never seem to be able to pull that off without me being a big buffoon.
>>
>>28289434
this. playing duolingo!=fluency

I barely passed a single semester of German but I tested out of the first few levels on DL easily
>>
>>28290223

>Rich dad Poor Dad

Fuck off, that guy's a hack.

Richest Man in Babylon and Intelligent Investor is where it's at.

>Paying that fucking chink money just to tell you to spend less than you earn...but to go to his seminar, where he will teach you, in another paid seminar, the potential secrets into how to be wealthy...revealed in the enxt seminar you pay to go to.
>>
>>28278380
Its good. Faulty in some regards, but still good.

The really good part is where he defienes what makes a great man. Virtue et cetera.

I falls completely flat in the regard of how to find "your" group, "your" organisation.
>>
>>28291552
wow someone really went through there and edited out all the "faggots"
Also #55 is kill
>>
>>28292259
You are making yourself the victim and allowing your friends to make you the victim. Also it seems you are arrogant. Your friends are trying to undermine you because you're more successful then they are? That sounds like shit and if it's true are you helping then try and make it? Are you letting them know that things will become better if they put the effort in?

You must give in order to receive and you must stop playing the victim. Once you realize this you'll stop feeling sorry for yourself.
>>
>>28292259
That's mean of them. I undermined my friend by saying his band wasn't going to go anywhere. I didn't mean to be mean, I just was thinking from my perspective. I thought I was being realistic but all I really was, was being negative. Maybe they're thinking the same thing- not that I want to try to justify, just try and give you an understanding.

And it's all good. I think. I'm not the guy you were being rude to though.

>>28292094
That's probably more than I can bench. Assuming I lift 75 % of my bodyweight and max 10 reps with a ~15 kg pack doing pushups, my theoretical 1MR is below 2plaet. So you've come a far way- I started this shit six months ago, and I know I've still got noobgains. Not sure what else to say, you're far along. Don't let anyone tell you you're not.
>>
>>28292638
Meditate more. When you make everyday decisions become aware you're about to make these decisions and take 2-3 seconds to clear your mind and take a deep breath. Once you do this enough with all your small everyday decisions it will become habit and you'll begin applying it naturally to all decisions.
>>
>>28293364
>he wasn't there when "fag" was automatically filtered to "candy-ass"
>>
>>28293364
If she starts talking to you but finished the conversation talking to her friend or quickly starts talking to her friend, she's not worth it bro. Trust me.
>>
>>28293655
ebin
>>
>>28293670
thanks
>>
File: 1407705543260.png (12KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
1407705543260.png
12KB, 600x454px
>>28289160
>or you can be like me and miss that ship, too.
>>
>>28280007
Because you sound like an edgy 14 year old emo kid
>>
>>28294656
ayyy lmao
>>
>>28292776
>richest man in Babylon

I double this. Go listen to the audio book on YouTube if your too lazy to read it. It will give you a strong desire to accumulate wealth.
>>
>>28288512
Still looking for thoughts on this.

Also, does anyone happen to have tips on getting rid of bad habits? Shit like biting your nails for example.
>>
>>28288753
> idk what im doing wrong, i talk to everyone

It's not about talking to everyone, it's about how you talk to some.
>>
>>28282041
vanity is futile
>>
>>28290237
pretty sure Total Recall was written by Philip K. Dick
>>
>>28291552
you don't need to wash your hair every day, that's just stupid advice
>>
>>28295279
read the power of habit by Charles duhigg

it's only like 300 pages and quite well written. basically walks you through the science of habits, how they govern just about everything you do, how they can help you or hurt you and how to change them

I've read it twice now, definitely reccomended it be added to the required reading list
>>28290237
>>
>>28296134
this is probably bait, but I'll bite

we can remember it for you wholesale is a short story by pkd on which the movie total recall is based

there are a few books called total recall, so idk which one the op/pastebin refers to
>>
>>28296111
>vanity is futile
Nope. Looks matter. People treat you differently on your looks. Maximizing ones looks is simply playing the best with the hand they were dealt.
>>
Great thread, guys. Self-improvement is one of my top goals, because I don't want to look back at my life knowing what could've been and regret what is.
>>
>>28296992
how long did it take you to read that book? I'm kind of slow, i want to read it but i will feel like a failure since i can only read at 150 wpm
>>
>>28297225
idk exactly, probably no more than a week or two. the author is a journalist, not a scientist, so it's pretty easy reading.

the book is written as a series of lessons about habits, but it's mostly stories illustrating each lesson
>>
>>28297353
>no more than a week or two.
really, was it on and off just a few hours a day? because that sounds like something i would do and am trying to fix. a book like this could probably be finished in a day if i put my mind to it. Effort is everything.
>>
>>28266290
ive been working on my posture lately, which was important for me and has been on my to do list for too long. feels good.

btw, i have a couple gigs of self improvement material, several hundreds of books, if anyones interested. of all the material ive read over the last few years i gotta say brian tracy's - goals has been my favorite, because setting goals properly has helped me overcome my depression and see purpose in life again.
>>
>>28296992
ive also read it, but more because i was interested in the marketing aspects. very interesting read and highly recommended.
>>
>>28290002
> Reading is going to help me
>>
>>28297646
>marketing aspects
explain
>>
>>28297700
oh i meant the parts where he explains how marketers can take advantage of peoples habits and how they influence advertising.
>>
>>28297680
reading alone wont help you, but applying the things you have learned might help.
>>
>>28291983
hmm, I dunno anon, I think writing would be better for internalizing the goals due to 2 factors:
* we tend to sub-vocalize while writing (this does happen with typing, just not quite as much) so you get the anchor via the auditory pathway, and
* by forming the letters/words with your hands you anchor the goals via the kinesthetic pathway.
>>
>>28274316
i have trouble determining my goals, what do i do when i just cant come up with any goals?
>>
>>28297799
>sub-vocalize
do you do that? that's my main goal i'm trying to fix right now, but i do it when i'm reading as well.
>>
>>28279256
most people that have a job get up at 6 or 7am
>>
This is whole thing is borderline bullshit.I had trouble organizing my life and always got "motivated" to turn my life around and watching self-improvement vids etc

That motivation crap made me sick in the end. This all should just give you a small push at the beggining. Stop believing your life is gonna change around in some days. Even if you make it through the start, you 'll hop back to your old lifestyle soon enough cause the change wasn't gradual.

If you want some improvement, just make small changes, not too big. And just fuckin live your life and be yourself. Stop believing you 're gonna change your character all around through your activities. Enjoy the randomness that life offers. If you plan everything in life with minute details, it's gonna be an awful boring ride. Just don't develop retarded habits eg smoking, staying up overnight, not having personal hygiene
>>
>>28282547
>I cant get laid because my teeth are slightly yellow

not gonna make it
>>
>>28282547
my teeth are rotting away and i have a chipped front incisor and i still get laid bro
>>
>>28298028
teeth don't matter, that's why. bitches care about face, body and of course status (money, popularity in your group)
>>
>>28274184
Love it.
>>
>>28298055
well, i think they matter a whole fucking lot to some people, but not so much to most people. obviously i cant attract women with my nice smile, but i can make up for it. im hoping to get them fixed starting in september though.
>>
>>28298129
>>28298028

post pics of your teeth mate. i still think they look better than mine
>>
>>28298158
one of my mates got his front tooth knocked out and still got laid
>>
>>28298158
dont have any on this laptop but the left front incisor is missing about a third on the side that is next to the second front incisor and about the half on the back (which isnt visible yet). also got 4 molars, one of the wisdom teeth and one other tooth that only have the walls left and all 3 of my wisdom teeth are crooked and need to be removed.
>>
>>28298274
all 4*
>>
>>28298204
dude, teeth don't matter. women like healthy guys, what's more healthy and manly than a guy with teeth bludgeoned out of his skull from fighting a rugby player brute bruises, scraped knees, torn shirts, sweat dripping off the pigskin, hits your cheek, red marks, strong hairy arms... almost hard
>>
>>28298302
good teeth are a sign of good health, genes and proper hygiene.
>>
>>28298302
well my mates a good looking guy but he just got the shit kicked out of him by this chav we know, still take the piss out of him for it haha
>>
Can anyone hep with a problem i seem to be having?

I've had 3 possible sexual partners and my dick always goes soft when i try to put the condom on. It is rock hard during foreplay and when I get blown but the issue seems to be the condom. I tried putting one on for practice the other day and it felt tight and uncomfortable.
>>
>>28280066
Jesus christ I'm buffer than almost everyone there. Why am I still here?
>>
File: photo.jpg (35KB, 231x177px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
35KB, 231x177px
>>28298302
i feel like mine are legitimately holding me back
>image relevant
>>
>>28298369
I had this problem and the reason was that my cock was too big for regular sized condoms. Try Magnums.
>>
>>28282547
teeth are not naturally bleach white
>>
>>28298407
your teeth look fine you dumb nigger, go out and fuck bitches
>>
>>28282547
DUDE WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF EXCUSE IS THAT

I dip at least four or five hours a day (pretty much constantly when im home, never in public) and smoke and drink coffee. Yet I'm constantly told how my teeth are beautiful.

It's not just their shape, it's the whiteness. I brush twice a away with Colgate Optic White. All it takes. I do suntan though, so the whiteness really stands out then.

If that keeps you from being laid, you are hopeless.

Good job on everything else, though.
>>
>>28280066
is everyone on /fit/ just permanently bulking? wtf, i'm dissapoint. who are these chavs anyway?
>>
>>28298369
same issue man. my girth is average so regular condoms shouldnt be too tight, but they are uncomfortable anyway and choke my dick out. when i use bigger ones it seems to be fine and they dont slip off.
>>
>>28298407
gross lol. get some gum surgery man
>>
>>28298369
Quit masturbating so much? Invest in cialis? I sometimes get flaccid between the act. But it's usually because I'm tired as fuck or I'm just not that into it in the first place.
>>
Read the Chimp Paradox, great great book which puts your mind and the way it works into perspective.
What i've come to realise is its the discipline and habits that get things done, we say it but you have to KNOW that, you have to HAMMER the good habits home, or the next time you don't "feel" like doing something you just won't.

You also gotta meet your critical needs (rest, food, exercise, socialising) before you will effectively work elsewhere in your life
>>
>>28278345
Ed Norton dies
>>
>>28278683
I don't swear under normal circumstances so that people know things are serious when I do.

That's my reasoning.
>>
>>28298402
Because that's not actually them.
>>
>>28298464
Never been a huge fapper only like every other day kinda guy. Also Cialis/Extenze/Viagra
which is the best move?
>>28298456
>>28298413
I'll try this next time hopefully going to have a fuckbuddy next week when I go back to uni
>>
>>28266290
Guys let me tell you something important: When youre up in the morning and are crazy horny and got morning wood still... Find something else to do and stay away from the computer til noon or so (applies to students and NEETs I guess.). Believe me. You will seek out and fap to things you dont normally fap to and WILL regret. I fapped to Gfur this morning like 5 mins ago. I normally am disgusted by furries and furry shit, but my dick took advantage. Dont let it.
>>
>>28299067
Porn and fapping is a slippery slope. you slowly start watching weirder and weirder shit and you wake up one day with a scat fetish
>>
the thing is,about all this self improvement stuff, is that you have to watch out and know where it is coming from. Alot of these self improvement gurus themselves are scam artist and will use the shaming technique of saying you don't put in any effort towards life to make you buy more of their shit. now I am all for self improvement and do alot to advance my life; however, im just warning you guys that this is a capitalistic society and alot of this literature is only making the life better for the writer of the book.

You need to remember that there will always be a way to escape the "rat race" or a way out of the mundane and routine of societal norms. Alot of people simply strive to achieve a decent paying job. I know so many people who work two full time jobs just to get by and literally have no time for anything else since they commute aswell. My point being, having a stable mediocity is not a thing to be shameful of. be grateful because shit is bad when you aren't blessed with opportunities.
>>
>>28299316
I know. Thats why I said that.
>>
File: 8be.jpg (8KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
8be.jpg
8KB, 251x242px
>>28299316
>tfw acquired a cuckold fetish from fapping to much

starting nofap today, fuck this bullshit
>>
>>28274169
but breaking bad is really fucking good.
I hate book snobs on here i could just easily say
>you wasted 9 years of your life reading books
it doesnt make you any more inteligent just because you read a book
>>
>>28300047
dude he meant on watching mindlessly random programs, for 3-4 hours a day. That way it will accumulate to 9 years and it would be wasted time. If you only watch quality series like brba you're fine.
>>
OP here, I will now use the pastebin used by >>28291723
to address all the books, very good idea :)
>>
>>28278887
>-Learn to play an instrument (imagine having 10 years experience playing the piano when you're 30)
>>cant.poor fag

you can, buy second hand.
>>
I feel like I've FINALLY gotten back on track to my weight loss goal, feels good to be doing something again
>>
File: Elliot-Rodger-FB-Page-630x340.jpg (43KB, 630x340px) Image search: [Google]
Elliot-Rodger-FB-Page-630x340.jpg
43KB, 630x340px
>>28274184
>>
How do you figure out what to do?

Sure, eat better, workout, read books, take up an hobby, learn a language. All that is good and well but what about career or work life? And What to do with life as a whole? How do you find a path?
>>
>>28266290
I have improved by finding out that achievements are futile and that hapiness is all you need
>>
>>28300457
you just have to pick something that appeals to you

personally I think there are three main paths

>join military, get training for some sort of civilian job while in
>Go to University but only to pursue a really good degree
>learn a trade

you could also start a business of course, but I would recommend keeping that as a side endeavour and only putting your all into it if it really starts to take off

>>28300479
becoming a better person brings happiness friend
>>
>>28268813
Du bist eine Frau
>>
>>28300444
Lol, look how tiny he looks in that car. :)
>>
>>28297835
Start moving in a direction and see if you like it

Chances are you will dislike it, and will change direction. Repeat this a few times and you then have narrowed your 360 degree choices to 180. Then to 90 degrees then to 45, etc.

Maybe you;ll find something you like along the way to reduce this number. But ultimately this is the only solution. You will end up on a path whether, though it may have not been the one you expected.

Enjoy the journey

Do this or youll end up in your mid-20s in the exact same spot wondering what you want to do. And having to start years later.

Hell some people die without ever figuring it out.

If you figure yourself to be a cut above most people you better start getting moving.
>>
>>28299920
>
You know the bubble is going to burst in 5 years right?
>>
>>28300678
but it doesn't matter if you hold for 25 years.
Jesus fuck, you're ignorant.
How do you know when the bubble's gonna burst or not.
Nobody knows that. So you just fucking hold and come ahead cause fucking economy comes ahead all together.
>>
>>28300457
see
>>28300545
>>
>>28300483
>becoming a better person brings happiness friend
It didn't for me, I always wanted to achieve more
>>
>>28300765
Anyone who has taken even the most basic levels of economics knows that this recession recovery is artificial and not based on solid real growth.
>>
>>28273419
my sides...they are out of orbit...
>>
>>28291723
Thank you for the pastebin!
>>
>Flinch forward
I've been repeating this to myself lately and I've really been doing a lot more in life.
>>
>>28287348
>kekkity kek
>>
>>28289935
>> People actually think reading will fucking improve you

oh yeah, how did reading the sticking went for improvement to you m80?
>>
>>28290237
>>28290223

thanks anon
>>
File: 1406723469182.jpg (92KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1406723469182.jpg
92KB, 960x960px
>>28303037

about to 404, new bread guise

>>28303196
>>28303196
>>28303196
>>28303196
>>
File: kek.jpg (20KB, 200x188px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
20KB, 200x188px
>>28298622
THANK GOD
>>
Listen to Leykis 101 and read Manhood Academy's The Principles That Govern Social Situations, if you aren't a faggot autist.
>>
>>28274184
>tfw no gf
>>
>>28292259
>But to this day that small group of friends who I still talk to will constantly try to undermine me for my efforts and act like they're somehow doing better and shun me just because my life is going much more successful than theirs because they're lazy and stupid

Crabs in a pot mentality.
>>
>>28269523
>War of Art
put that weed down Jamal
>>
Why do you guys make these threads when I'm about to go out?

I've never seen them before.
>>
I trimmed my pubes for the first time ever today
>>
>>28304552
Did it help you unfuck yourself anon?
>>
>>28300027
I get hard by fucking guys over, seek help now. You'd be surprised where you'd end up if you let it go.
>>
>>28299067
Putting something cold on your back is the best solution, preferably cold water because that's what I use.
>>
>>28270089
>>28270144

i have as a pdf, post an email
>>
>>28274276

no its from some Doc who hasa talk ted. Btw IMO Malcom Glad is just like Paulo Cohelo
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.