[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
ITT Things Bro Scientist say
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 25
File: broscience6.jpg (202 KB, 500x624) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
broscience6.jpg
202 KB, 500x624
"dude, milk has like the most protein ever because it goes through the meat of the cow and sucks the protein out!"
>>
>you lose weight during spring because it gets warmer and gain weight in fall because it gets colder

?¿
>>
>>27390401
>"You're trying to put on muscle? Make sure you buy the bulking protein and not the normal one"
>>
>"don't train legs man, it will never show so it's basically wasted time"
>>
>"do Barbell flyes man"
>>
No-fap has any measurable advantage.
>>
>>27390491
do what?!
>>
Basically told me to do a heavy split and that full body workouts weren't useful.
>>
>>27390501
>do what?!
you must be new here
>>
>>27390401
"I eat while working out so the protein and stuff gets faster into my body"
>>
>>27390471
but this isnt wrong

it's a well known fact that only gays train legs, because only gays noticed other gays supple, yet firm legs
>>
File: JYr81a8.jpg (233 KB, 1380x1111) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
JYr81a8.jpg
233 KB, 1380x1111
>>27390501
shit makes me laugh everyday
>>
>>27390401
"You can't lift more than 200 pounds without using steriods."
>>
>>27390541
man thats glorious
>>
Guy at my gym said that you should load up your max +10 lbs and then rep for max gains...
Me and my gymbro died laughing as soon as he left
>>
>>27390443
its opposite
>so why are you bulking during winter
>>
>>27390401

>You can't train your bicep and tricep on the same day because you'll explode.

>There is no point in training your whole body 3 times a week, you can only train them twice.

Even /fit/ falls for this.
>>
>>27390773
>me training whole body 3 times a week
>making more progress than ever
>mfw
>>
>>27390562
But /fit/ told me you can't, also was told you will hit genetic max within two years and anybody who looks good is on steroids
>>
>>27390990
Guess we count to the few elite who want to make it without drugs!
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
Not direct quotes but broscience things..

>having a "leg day"
>taking dry protein to the gym so you can make a shake immediately after workout for that anabollocks window gains.
>doing a chest, arms, shoulder,ab split etc.
>>
File: LtkFR.jpg (48 KB, 620x284) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LtkFR.jpg
48 KB, 620x284
>>
>>27391182

>>taking dry protein to the gym so you can make a shake immediately after workout for that anabollocks window gains.

holy fuck shit it's this faggot again

IT'S CONVENIENT YOU FUCKING IDIOT

YOU'RE MORE OF A RETARD THAN ACTUAL RETARDS THAT BELEIVE IN AN ANABOLIC WINDOW
>>
>>27390541

That Barney reaction image gets me every time.
>>
>>27391201
Why is it convenient to carry shit to the gym. Should i bring a packed lunch and dinner too?
>>
>>27390595
Summer
>>
>>27390468
this is actually true, If you want extra calories you could buy a less pure protein and just get more scoops.
>>
>>27390525
>supple, yet firm legs

you forgot no homo
>>
>deadlifts are a waste of time for bodybuilding; you don't need to deadlift unless you want to powerlift
>you won't get strong unless you do isolation exercises
>having a "triceps day"
>>
>>27391229

>scoop of whey in a sealed container to which you can just add water, drink it, then go into a sauna, take a shower and complete your routine.

People just like to do it like that.

You better get that autsim checked out
>>
File: 3783720-lol.gif (298 KB, 300x199) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3783720-lol.gif
298 KB, 300x199
>>27391251
tricep day
>>
>>27390525

But it IS wrong anon.

>At a music festival last weekend
>I'm wearing a spiderman costume while high as fuck on mdma crystals because fuck it.
>Girls comment on my ass all day long
>"Spiderman does squats nice!"
>>
>>27391308
>not wearing a costume of the more built venom
>>
>Serratus anterior day
>>
>>27391262
>People just like to do it like that.
YOU might like to do it. Plenty of people believe in the Anabolic Window.
>>
>>27391308
Fake lol. Girls don't talk about anyone doing squats - it's not in their lexicon.
>>
>>27390401
>"you hav to take pre, intra, post and protein shakes during your workout or you wont make any gains, trust me bro!"
>>
>>27391361
Plenty of people also believe in Santa
>>
>>27391308
Shit were you at glastonbury? I think you were on tv
>>
>>27391414
Yes, I know. What's your point?
>>
>>27391444
honestly? I lost it, guess it just sounded cool in my head
>>
>>27390401
A co-worker told me this same exact shit before.
>>
>>27391477
Fair enough. It happens.
>>
>>27391444
>>27391477
I think he/you mean that plenty of people believe in the anabolic window and plenty of people believe in santa, neither of which exist.
>>
>>27391556
Nice troll, retard
>>
>>27391486
>mfw I just wrote that as a joke to post a thread
>>
>>27390401
>Don't do cardio, it's a waste of time
>>
>>27390401
> "Salad will shrink your biceps
>>
>>27391605
>Do cardo, it's not a waste of time
>>
> "Use dumbbells to hit your inner chest"
>>
>i dont need to cut because i do farmers walks to burn the fat off after workouts
>i dont diet i drink green tea it burns the fat off
>>
>I've tried working out, but I couldn't get far because I don't have a lot of fat I can turn into muscle
>>
>>27391813
made me smirk
>>
>>27391799
Instrucion unclear, got head stuck in ceiling fan.
>>
>>27391799
Now I'm imagining a retard curbro actually smashing his chest with dumbbells. Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>27391592
Not what you wrote. The picture in OP.
>>
I doubt most of /fit/ will like this one, but here goes.

>You don't need to work abs, squatting and deadlifting is enough ab work (coming from somebody with a total <1500)

And the worst of the worst which enjoys a strong following here:

>Running prevents you from getting big/strong/turns you into a DYEL.
>>
>>27391799
that one is true tho
>>
>>27392001
ah my bad
>>
>>27391813
>I don't diet I take EC
>If u don't feel the heat take more DNP
>>
>>27391353
kek
>>
>>27392034
Agree with this post
>>
>>27391387

>Be at a house party
>Suddenly ppl start talking about working out
>Some fatfuck spewing broscience all around
>Hurr there are like 600 exercises for triceps. You know french triceps? That's hard as fuck. You lie on bench with[...]
>Yeah it must be hard, brah.
>small qt3.14 says she squats, to get nice ass (English isn't her first language and she said "squat")
>Some dumb bitch cries that she tried squatting but she got "wide male shoulders" and now she's only going to tone doing cardio
>I try to tell her that strength training is good for weight loss and it won't make her big if she eats in moderation.
>fatfuck whiteknights yelling his french triceps gibberish
>I'm a cook,I know stuff! I weighted 110kg now I'm 80! (he looks 100 at least) a known bodybuilder was my personal trainer...
>I don't want wide shoulders, I'll just do crunches to burn belly fat...
>small qt tries to explain how squats make butt look better
>Decide that fatfuck and dumb bitch are beyond saving
>Mumble "shoo shoo gains goblin" just in case
>>
>>27392074
Nope
>>
>>27392376
Unless you're doing barbell flies, I'm really interested how you plan on hitting your inner chest without dumbells
>>
>>27392401
Theres no such thing as inner chest idiot.
What muscle is the inner chest?!
>>
>>27392433
innerium chestium musculum - never heard of it? dyel, faggot?
>>
>>27392401
How do you even position the barbells for barbell flyes? I can bench 105kg but I tried positioning those barbells for a good 10 minutes and it didn't work at all. I couldn't just curl them up either because they would be imbalanced, I could only position one. Taking both barbells on my lap was really awkward and couldn't get them up properly.

tl;dr how to position the barbell for flies?
>>
>>27392433
bitch nigga you can still put more focus on the inner aswell as you can put more focus on outer chest.

>confirmed for sticky reader but no actual gym experience
>>
>>27391387
>does not have an instagram, facebook or contact with the world in general
>>
>>27392498

>Not having 4 ppl to spot you for barbell flyes

Go back on treadmill you dyel manlet skeleton lanklet whale
>>
>>27392498
You need some kind of lubricant or really sweaty hands. Position like you're doing close-grip bench press, then, keeping your arms straight, spread them until you're in a wide-grip bench press position.. The bar will lower. Then reverse the movement, bringing your arms closer together and raising the bar. That's one rep if a barbell fly.
>>
>>27392512
>cant tell if troll or not

theres two chest muscles. and you cant focus on one part of a single muscle because of all or nothing response
>>
>>27390492
no fap makes you horny more, which for me makes me want to go out and bang chicks instead of do nothing all day
>>
>>27392569
>confirmed for non lifter

pick up two dumbbells on a incline bench. do close grip and go with your hands to lower part of your chest and push the dumbbells together and upwards to above your face. get back to me when have actually been in the gym k?
>>
The other day my skinnyfat buddy went all brofessional bodybuilder on me and told me about how hard work is all you need and how you can basically build limitless amounts of muscle if only you train hard and eat perfectly and what not, and then cited Schwarzenegger, telling me that back in his day they didn't have steroids yet, and how he's a perfect example of god tier work ethics and yadda yadda yadda.

Then when I told him that Schwarzenegger is totally open about having cycled through every drug imaginable, he said something to the effect to "Yeah but that was *back then*, you can't even compare the stuff they had back then to the stuff they use now, by today's standards he was all natural"

It's a shitty example of broscience but fuck I feel needed to get this story out here somehow.
>>
>>27392286

>Mumble "shoo shoo gains goblin" just in case

lelmatic
>>
>>27390468
this reminds me of something I heard at the gym last week.

two teenagers talking:
>yo did you see that guy? his arms were huge as fuck!
<yeah I did. I walked by him just now as he was preparing his post workout. It smelled just like MUTANT MASS
>woah. that smells fucking horrible. but it works. I'm not ready for that stuff though

for those that don't know mutant mass is just an expensive weight gainer with some whey, loads of carbs and a bit of fat and maybe creatine, can't really remember. I felt like educating the kids but then again, why bother..

by the way the guy they were mirin was pretty dyel by /fit/ standards. and fat.
>>
File: arms.jpg (77 KB, 670x896) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
arms.jpg
77 KB, 670x896
>>27392684
Mutant mass™ is not for the weak brother. You should only use it if you are certain you want to leave humanity behind.
>>
>>27392612
It might feel like its hitting the centre but it isnt. There is no evidence to suggest you can isolate different sections of one muscle.
>>
>>27392826
>It might feel like its hitting the centre but it isnt.
Do you realize how stupid this sounds? Also i dont give a fuck about evidence, if it hits my inner chest it fucking hits my inner chest no matter what your fat god rippletits says.
>>
>>27392854
Im not talking about rippletits. There is no scientific evidence. You realise you are being a full on broscientist here?

Do you not understand the importance of scientific research and confirmation of results?
>>
File: 1360505334167.jpg (40 KB, 280x298) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1360505334167.jpg
40 KB, 280x298
>>27392670
>by today's standards he was all natural

So everyone today is on massive doses of test and whatever else Arnold used? Jesus christ, are people actually this retarded?
>>
>>27392612
funny :)
pls stop now
>>
>>27391637
kollegah reporting in

You are like a T-Rex,
big mouth but no biceps
>>
>>27392887
>You realise you are being a full on broscientist here?
Yep, and i dont care. What matters is that it works no matter what the research says. If what you say is true the only thing you ever need to do is bench, squat and pull ups. That works the entire body so no need to do any sort of variations right?
>>
File: 1398446438691.jpg (377 KB, 1192x1492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398446438691.jpg
377 KB, 1192x1492
>>27392826
>>27392887
what the fuck man, I can't believe you're falling for this retarded troll
>>
>>27392992
try it
>>
>>27393005
brb hitting inner glutes
>>
>>27393014
can I build a pyramid biceps by hitting the middle of it only?
>>
File: 1401396872537.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401396872537.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>27390501
>>
>>27393016
>Not doing weighted anal contractions
>2014
YOU GOTTA EAT BIG TO SHIT BIG
>>
>>27393005
Nope. There are other muscles that you can work and there are isolations to encourage growth in certain areas.
Thats not broscience.
What you are spouting is broscience.

>when i masturbate to black girl porn i experience greater gains than white girl porn.
>black girl porn must provide me with more gains

Correlation is not always causation. You ever take a stats or science class?
>>
>>27391201
>taking the whole jug is convenient
you cant just put a scoop into an empty shaker and put water into it later?
>>
>>27393054
why do these hurt on the ribs tho? i mean whats the difference between barbell and dumbbell flies? just the different hand stance?
>>
>>27391186
When I look at this picture I can only think how juicy his forearms are
>>
>>27393016
>>27393051
retards

>>27393062
Im not denying its broscience but it doesnt matter. All im saying is try it before you start talking shit. A lot of good info on bodybuilding is pure broscience but that doesnt mean its complete bullshit. Are saying incline bench is pointless aswell?
>>
>>27393086
amount of functioning brain cells.
>>
>>27393153
Broscience is bullshit.
Doing an exercise to hit your "inner chest" is just doing another chest exercise. There is nothing wrong with working your chest more but if you think you are hitting the inner chest more than the outer you are wasting your time. Any gains or work done is for the whole chest.
>>
>>27393013
Is that the hero of kvatch?

Also:
>1 hr of cardio daily is the only way to lose weight
>I dont worry about my weight because Im bigger and heavier than you, so Im stronger than you
>I dont lift weights ever. I dont want to get bloated and look like a man. I want to get toned.
But its not going to make you look manly at all. In fact, its going to be better for you than cardio.
>I tried it and I got buffed on my arms and shoulder so I quit.
>>
File: offended2.gif (471 KB, 460x295) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
offended2.gif
471 KB, 460x295
>>27393153
just stop.
>>
>5 reps is the only way you can be healthy or have a good physic
>squats and deadlifts increase your test (as opposed to machines/isolation)
>fruits are bad for you because they're just carbs

i could go on
>>
>>27393240
Then all you need to is more sets on flat bb bench press is what you are saying. You do realize not many people would agree with you?
>>
>>27391308
You were definatly at glastonbury, I saw you there man fucking awesome time there
>>
>>27393269
Compound exercises do increase GH levels though. Isolations may as well but not measurably (at least in the studies done so far).
>>
>>27393153
>a lot of ... info on bodybuilding is pure broscience but that doesnt mean its complete bullshit.

Actually, that's exactly what it means.
>>
>>27393279
Well flat bench works triceps, so if you want triceps to continue to grow as well then yes, it would be enough.

People will agree and disagree. The fitness world is full of idiots and broscience because that shit sales. You do realise you can also buy all sorts of different protein powders that do the same shit?

Let me guess, you buy some kind of super protein for optimum protein synergy or some shit
>>
>>27393086
>i mean whats the difference between barbell and dumbbell flies?

The balance would be completely different.

You also look like a huge idiot.
>>
>>27393396
Dont bring diet into this. Saying flat bench is enough is enough for me to deduce that you have no real world experience. You are like harsh, talk big but look dyel.
>>
>training legs
>>
>>27393403
> 2014
> not doing barbell flies
>>
>>27393452
>2014
>go over to powerlifter area
>"you guys using these?"
>"nah man go ahead"
>bring over bench
>place barbells side by side
>do flies like a boss
>>
>>27390401
>see that picture
>Look up dude wipes
>think to myself this has to be a joke, right?
>4.1 stars on Amazon
>aren't these just baby wipes?
>are men really this fucking pampered nowadays?

When did straight guys become bigger faggots than gay guys?
>>
>>27393469
Cancer is bad and all but what the fuck does this have to do with the product exactly?!?!
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 1232x238) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 1232x238
>>27393527
>>27393469
Forgot to attach pic related
>>
>>27393051
>>27393153
just havin a giggle m8
the feeling of your inner chest is the stretch on your connective tissue though
and dont assume youre the only one that lifts just because somebody disagrees with you
its easy to dismiss different opinions with bad stereotypes
see you at the gym :)
>>
>>27390401
Mom/Bro science: Don't drink too much of that protein stuff if you're not a body builder because it turns into fat
>>
>>27391245
>forgot

[spoiler] ;) [/spoiler]
>>
>>27391353
I-Is it not acceptable to do this..?
>>
>>27393153
incline works upper chest (which is an actual muscle) inner/outer chest is complete bullshit though
>>
>>27393545
he's probably so weak that he can't shit on his own, so he has to get his wife to wipe his ass
>>
>>27393879
they're not separate muscles, they just have different origin points (sternum/clavicle)
>>
>>27393601
..but, that's not totally bro/mom science, either.
If you're just sitting on your ass, excess calories are excess calories and do get stored as fat.
>>
>>27391182
>>27391182

Nigga do you even tupperware? I work and then go to the gym.

>sippin' dat protein on dah bus sweating from a good workout
>>
>>27392998
a friend of him met him on a festival where he worked, dude looked small as shit. Not implying that this is big news, but I thought it was worth mentioning
>>
>>27393054
that's a nice gym though
>>
>>27390602
what is 5/3/1?
>>
>>27391308
>Girls
>Talking about squats or appreciating man ass
Suspension of disbelief ruined.
>>
>>27392286
>(English isn't her first language and she said "squat")
>Mumble "shoo shoo gains goblin" just in case
Did you do it in English too or did you autistically translate the meme? :^)
>>
> ive been taking some protein pills and im starting to feel it in my legs
>>
>>27390401
Is there a chemist that can explain this

Because I admit this has always been a mystery to me

Then Breaking Bad showed how ridiculous hydrochloric acid is when it comes to decimating things and I got more confused
>>
>>27395032
>taking your max on a lift
>put 10 lbs more on the bar
>do zero reps, because it's more than your max
>implying that's 5/3/1
>>
>>27390401
>Only training legs boosts test levels
The only broscience I agree with, purely because it stops people from skipping legs (half the time)
PROTIP: Any heavy stress on muscles increases test levels

>"Mike Chang is pretty good"

>"Egg yolk contains 1g of carbs" or whatever Joff said

>"Pull ups increase estrogen levels" - some fag after he lost a challenge (he initiated) on who can do the most pull ups

>Anabolic window bullshit

>"Training the same body part twice a day 5 days a week will get you mad gains"

>Any time anyone says "Arnie did them", unless its the arnie press I don't give a shit and he probably did a lot of exercises

>when girls say "I'll lose my boobs if I do push ups/chest exercises"
>when girls talk about spot fat reduction
>when girls think they can make gains the same as men do
>when girls think they will get big after curling 3kg DBs
>when girls think squats are the only exercise for your ass
>when girls think sit ups will magically give them a big waist
>when girls talk about their muscle shake after doing 20kg dead lifts after 6 months
God I hate working in an office with women
>>
>>27398456
That's how your body breaks down food. You don't just absorb entire fucking proteins and incorporate them into your cells. You break the shit down to amino acids, then turn them into useful proteins via transcription/translation.

You WANT the protein to be denatured. That why cooked eggs have like twice the protein bioavailibility of raw eggs.
>>
>>27398547
20 kg deadlifts? That makes me feel satisfied about mine
>>
>>27398456
The acid breaks down the food to be digested, nothing is lost, the contents don't magically disappear, they are dissolved into the acid that goes through your digestive tract.
Its like putting meat in a stew, except that stew is made with acid.
>>
>>27398456
are you talking about the parts they used hydrofluoric acid
>>
>>27398926
I shit you not.
They do 5 sets of 3 reps with 20kg and go to the office and talk about their "gains".

Then they tell me that I'm training too hard doing LMAO 3PL8 Dead lifts (6x6) and how I'm lucky to have good genetics.

One of them is proud that she can't climb a rope and doesn't even try pushups "because I'm guarranteed to not lose size from my bewbs :3"
They all weigh <45kg and don't think they need to eat to make any gains.

Any time they ask me for advice on anything, they then try to refute it with broscience/babescience.

Oh and to top it off they call themselves "fitness fanatics"
>>
>>27399084
6x6 is overkill tho. Why not raise the weight and do 3x5?
>>
>>27399166
Or just do 1x5 like Rippletits says.
>>
>>27399001
The main role of the acid is to sterilize what you eat and prevent infections. enzymes do the work but the acid does trigger them. or at least thats what i remember from high school
>>
>>27399166
I do a weight I'm comfortable with for reps, I'd rather do multiple reps with good form rather than too heavy and fuck up.

Also I have over under grip and need to swap over so my forearms don't go uneven
>>
I saw someone here on /fit/ who thought 3x5 meant 5 sets of 3 reps. When they mentioned that they finally realized that that wasn't the case someone else was surprised because THEY thought the same until then. A third person mentioned that they had been doing 5 sets of 1 rep on deadlifts because they thought that was what 1x5 meant. Chuckles were had in that thread.
>>
>breathe out on the way up when you're deadlifting, otherwise you might pass out before you reach the top
>try squatting with a plate hanging from a belt, it works your stabilisers better
>"How many racks does it have? I might train there over summer" no free weight racks, but it has a smith machine. the gym I go to is aimed at normal people looking to lose weight, not get buff. squat racks are for hardcore gyms
>Have you tried 5/3/1? It's great, I got my deadlift max from 80kg to 120kg doing it (20 y/o male)
>"Whats your programming?" I'm doing a program by (some random bodybuilder), it's all about focusing on different muscle fibers on different days so you can really get them strong (proceeds to squat 100kg 2 inches high for 3x8)
>Squatting three times a week is too much man, thats overtraining
>(over a year ago, 1 week into lifting) sets of 5 reps are aimed at powerlifters. plus, they take drugs. You should do sets of at least 10. Personally I do 15-20 for anything that uses legs. Legs are an endurance muscle so its more effective.
>"Hey bud, hows your progress on SS?" My squat stalled at 60kg (from just the bar, so at least he tried a bit), I think I'm gonna drop the weights stuff and focus on cardio to get toned for summer. (not gonna make it)
>I'm bulking on a low-fat diet to try and lose some belly fat while gaining muscle
>Grill: I'm avoiding carbs to get slimmer for my holiday. "How many calories are you eating?" I don't count calories, I'm just avoiding carbs because they are fattening.
>Same grill: You shouldn't drink so much whole milk, it has loads of lactose and fat. (on me drinking 1/2GOMAD)
>Other grill: I've started doing 100 squats every morning because I have a pancake bum (demonstates a couple squats, doesn't hit depth)

Only just realised how much broscience I've been exposed to, I guess I just blank it out in the moment.
>>
>>27390401
this is somewhat accurate; essentially the only thing absorbed through the stomach is alcohol. Everything else is mediated by bile and enzymes to allow for absorption in the small intestine.
>>
"wow dud you are so big, what supplements do you use"

"I just take some iron pills for anemia" then i proceeded to take a 20kg plate and bite it.
His face was priceless
>>
>>27392683
>>27392286

>shoo shoo gains goblin

lel'd hard
I'm getting this tattooed on me
>right next to my cootie shot
>>
>>27399243
>it has loads of lactose and fat
well she's right

makes it more likely to develop lactose intolerance in the future
>>
>>27399243
>try squatting with a plate hanging from a belt, it works your stabilisers better
thats legit mate, dan john swears by them
>>
>>27393097
Me too and then I get sad because I will never have wrists and paws like that :(
>>
>>27399243
You could show that other girl a proper bodyweight squat progression, she might not listen but it sounds like she's at least trying. Tell her her ass will shrink if she does them wrong to get her to focus on form.
>>
>>27399469
To clarify, he literally meant dangling a plate between legs while back squatting, not proper hip belt squats. It would be impossible to hit depth without the plate jamming up your ass crack.

>>27399927
And improve my housemates qt3.14 gf? no thanks, tfw no gf is strong enough already
>>
Did you guys know that bench pressing on an exercise ball instead of a flat bench is great because it works all of your stabilizers.
>>
>>27399084
Are they skinnyfat?
P-pls post pics
>>
>>27399181
Im not sure what singles are and google doesnt give me the answer I need, can someone break them down
>>
>>27400681
I'm guessing it's basically what I do, 5 reps of 1rm, heavy single reps.
>>
>>27391438
>>27393320

Lol, his ass so good he's be recognized on here haha.
>>
>>27392433
Don't take the bait bro. Just leave it. It's what this thread is about, baits.
>>
>>27399243
Explain to her the only way to fix pancake bum is to put cum in her bum and show her your dinosaur bone
>>
>>27390401
>"you want to get lots of protein, but be careful how much you get because protein-fat is harder to lose than carbs-fat"
>>
File: 1386172460772.jpg (73 KB, 524x468) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1386172460772.jpg
73 KB, 524x468
>>27390401
>there's no point eating more than 30g of protein in one sitting, the rest is just wasted
>>
>>27391308
Holy tits you were at Glastonbury
>>
>>27392512
Ayy lmao
Goin to the gym today is
Inner pecs day
Outer traps toning day
Upper hamstring day
Anterior flutes day
Neck day
Activated almonds for post workout meal
Anybody wanna critique?
Also, you mirin '?
>>
>>27392433
The heart
>>
>>27393153
Interestingly enough, Arnold would have you believe you can shape a muscle.
However, you have come to /fit/ to spout your bullshit, the board where users have a slightly elevated knowledge of what is bullshit and what is not.
>>
>>27399243
b-but 5/3/1 is actually great
>>
File: download.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
> You have to confuse your muscles

>muscle memory bro
>>
>>27401516
>not even a mention of emu meatballs or alkalized water

Fucking skinny faggot. I bet you're not even working the inner part of your calves either.
>>
>>27391438
>>27393320
>>27401434
I hope someone took a picture.
>>
>>27394792

yeah but it's also important to have your ifbb card
>>
>>27400519
>How to kill NYRfags
>>
>>27401518
>>
>>27400713
So you take a normal rest as you would between sets?
>>
>>27401655
Anon I p-promise that's tommorow
And how can you think I'm a dyel I checked the routine with a personal trainer
>>
>>27390492
Bullshit. In, shall we say, "extreme" cases, fapping too much is bad for your dick. A while ago I was starting to get tiny sores, so I stopped fapping for a few days, and I was good to go after that. This is pretty much what no-fap is: letting your dick recover.

Taking it too far, and not fapping for a month because le reddit told you to is pretty retarded, though.
>>
>>27391182
After my workout, I fucking deserve a snack, and a protein shake is the perfect thing. And getting home can sometimes take me half and hour or 45 minutes, depending on buses, so I don't want to wait that long to get my shake.

Hence, I take my protein to the gym.
Next you'll be getting pissy about people drinking water while working out.

Also, of course people are going to have a fucking leg day. Personally, I like full body workouts, because I think splits are retarded for most people. But some people have different goals than you, so they don't dedicate half of every goddamned workout to legs, and instead put the brunt of their legwork into certain days.
Explain what's wrong with this. Go ahead. I dare you./

People do splits when linear gains stop on certain programs. Again, different goals to you.
>"B-but mah funcshonal strength!"
Grow the fuck up. Not everybody is part of your sekret klub.
>>
>>27391229
Because most people take a change of clothes you moron. And you can put a scoop into the bottom of your shaker. The whole thing literally takes up less space than a waterbottle.

You're clearly retarded, and not working hard enough, if you don't sweat enough to need a change of clothes after a gym session.

The vast majority of people have a bag at the gym. You're the exception. This isn't broscience. You're just retarded.
>>
>>27391361
Oh? Because they have their protein with them? Even though several people have pointed out that it's simply just convenient?

Yeah, there are people who believe in it in some form or another. Yes, drinking protein is good for you in the hours after a session, but people take it too far.

No, that's not proof people believe that their muscles will disappear if they don't drink protein 30 mins after the gym.
>>
>>27393545
Wet wipes are essential for diarrhea clean-up This is fact.
>>
>>27391930
Be honest. You did that on purpose to get away from the broscientists, didn't you?
>>
>>27398547
I have a friend who is into "fitness". She's a cardiobunny, who claims she "lifts".

>She does bodyweight squats.

>She post all the "Yeah bro, she squats" shit.

>Thinks she can squat her bodyweight (as in, her bodyweight in a barbell squat) because she can do 200 squats without any weight.

>She thinks 20 kg deads are impressive (she thought I was a hero for doing 95 kg deads, though, which is nice)

>Her fucking enabler friends go on about how inspirational she is, which makes her think she can give advice on lifting and fitness

>Is trying every bullshit way to get abs, but knows nothing about calories

Fuck I'm mad. After my cut, I should figure out a way to make sure she sees my progress, and asks me for advice, because she seems like she actually wants to lift, but has no idea how to do it.
>>
"if you want to lose weight, just eat a lot of fruit before you go to bed"

>eat more
>lose weight
>>
>>27393469
it makes sense to want a clean ass after a party shit or a shit anywhere not at home
>>
>>27390602
He probably meant -10
>>
File: 1402360316651.jpg (33 KB, 400x409) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402360316651.jpg
33 KB, 400x409
This happened the day before yesterday.

>Let's have pizza tonight
>We'll make it from scratch
>Alfredo, parm, mozz, pepperoni, chicken, bacon, onions & mushrooms
>We'll make up for it with a salad, smothered in ranch
Sounds good, but I'm trying to watch what I eat. I'll use some left over chicken breast and make a sandwich. We got any vinaigrette?
>Why?
Well, pizza is pretty high in calories and so is ranch. I'm trying to eat at a deficit.
>It's all made with fresh ingredients. It's good calories. It's the chemicals in processed food that makes you fat. It's the industry. They inject food with fattening chemicals so then you'll buy their diet products. It's a vicious circle man. You're diet soda, for example?!
(At this point he's yelling at me. I drink 0-1 can of diet soda a day)
I've heard a lot of it is [calories in < calories out] and exercise, and I gotta say it's been working. Plus the sandwich and salad are still fresh ingredients like yours.
>Nah man, you just don't get it. You buy into the whole corporate bullshit, if you just eat fresh food, it doesn't matter how much, you'll drop a lot of weight. I did it, I lost 10 lbs.
That's awesome, if what I'm doing stops working, I'll give it a try.
>Yeah, we'll see you in 3 months 20 lbs heavier and then maybe you'll believe me

My father in law.
>>
>>27403487
i try not to eat as much if im gonna do somethin big like make a pizza, but your father in law is pretty douchey about it
>>
>>27402573
Yeah, but I have no idea if doing 5 1rm's is good or anything, it's just what I do, I try to do shorter rests though, depends how I feel.
>>
>Advanced body weight workouts wont give you any muscle.

Resistance is resistance. Plain and simple. If it gets to easy advance to a harder or weighted version.
>>
>>27403531
Yeah. I don't usually deny myself pizza or any other foods I like. I just have to plan around them.

The problem is, he asked if he could stay the night out of the blue, didn't show up till 3 am, and then asked us to go to the 24 store so we could make pizza from scratch.

He's kind of.... a pain. Afterward, I was too tired to care. I had work the next day.
>>
>>27403592
LOL
"hey son nice to see you at 3AM how bout we make ourselves a pizza from SCRATCH, oh you dont want to make a PIZZA FROM SCRATCH past 3AM?


FUCK YOUR DIET"
>>
File: =(.png (328 KB, 427x393) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
=(.png
328 KB, 427x393
>>27403699
Yeah, that about sums it up.
He ended up staying for two days.
Trashed our house and left us an eighth of bud.
Oh and he asked us to pay for his gas to fill up on the ride home. He lives about 4 hours away.

>mfw we were at the grocery store & gas station
>>
some told here told me earlier that im going to lose muscle not fat on a cut if i eat bread and potatoes lol
>>
>>27403782
someone here told me that im going to lose muscle not fat on a cut if i eat bread and potatoes lol
>>
>>27403764
I'm so sorry bro
>>
>>27392512
>confirmed for zero knowledge about muscle physiology
Inner/outer chest is all down to attachment points. You can't thicken a muscle at a specific point along its length.
>>
Hanging out with a friend last night and they told me that in order to remain in "true" ketosis my diet had to be 95% fat. Seriously. I didn't even bother. "Huh, sounds difficult."
>>
>>27393545
That's sad man, don't give him shit.
>>
>>27398456
How would our bodies process any food that we ate if the stomach acid just dissolved it all and it went nowhere?
>>
>>27401516
>2014
>not doing ayy lmao until failure
>ayy lmao
>>
>>27401516
>Upper hamstring day
sides
>>
File: marrisatomei.png (702 KB, 714x532) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
marrisatomei.png
702 KB, 714x532
>>27390401
>The stomach doesn't absorb very much
There are people who don't understand the basic functions of the human body
>>
>>27403537
Deadlifts exhaust me greatly. But I switched from doing 3x8 to doing singles recently
>>
>you got to switch up your routine every 3 weeks to maximize the muscle confusion.
>>
>>27391646
Some people like to be fit not just look big
>>
>>27404309
The stomach doesn't absorb that much, most of the absorbtion happens later on, in the intestines
>>
>>27390401
>always eat a spoon full of peanut utter after you workout because you will never get big ever if you don't, even if you drink a protein shake
>>
>>27391201
>anabolic window usually lasts about 30 mins.
>>
Guy i know who has been lifting for 6 or more years and looks like hes on the point of where people doubt if hes using roids or not showed me and exercise that hits "inner chest"
>>
>gotta eat 3k calories per day man
>make sure you have whey man because proteins from food are not powerful enough
>I'm 100% natty bro, all natural
>no steroids brah
>clen? never heard of it
>what is tren? an animal?
>train at least 5 days a week bro
>>
>>27392433
Pec minor
>>
>You should always weigh yourself before you workout, because you're heavier after you exercise.
>>
File: 1369331319518.gif (946 KB, 280x235) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369331319518.gif
946 KB, 280x235
>>27407572
>Pec minor
idiot, thats the muscle under Major Pectoralis
>>
>>27391387
Girls who like muscles are going to like them everywhere, from my experience they love the ass and big strong thighs
>>
>>27390468

just mix glucose powder into skim milk powder you pussies
>>
>>27404309

>what is intestines
>>
>smoking kills gains
>>
>>27390401
I'm 90% sure I know the guy in this meme, went to basic training with him. Biggest piece of shit I have ever seen. Could not follow simple instructions, only thought about himself, and weak as fuck. Got kicked out a few months later because he failed a piss test.
>>
>>27410315
I'll second this, even when I was getting fat from SS ladies always were telling me about my booty and thighs.
>>
>>27403487
>drinking soda at all

been soda clean for 3 weeks. come on /fit/
>>
ITT: the faggots that kill this board

>i need 2 see peer reviewed study!!111!!
>hurr that's just anecdotal evidence
>le citation needed!!!111
>B-BUT RIP TOLD ME...

you guys never actually listen to the other "bro", and just make his experiences out to be broscience because it isn't described in your precious studies (which were also just tested on only 20 dudes).

no science dude ever got big.

plenty of these "bullshit broscientists" who got big.
>>
>"you gotta get liquid protein man"
>>
File: 1358275938275.gif (5 KB, 569x510) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1358275938275.gif
5 KB, 569x510
>>27390773
>You can't train your bicep and tricep on the same day because you'll explode.
>>
>>27392034
It is enough core work though

I can guarantee that supporting 400 pounds on your back, or moving 400 pounds off the ground with your core engaged throughout the movement to support lower back stability is going to do a hell of a lot more for your core than your hanging leg raises and situps

Have you noticed that all people who are strongmen/powerlifters have huge cores? It's not just GH or being fat that does that. It's not situps either
>>
>>27414374
>Have you noticed that all people who are strongmen/powerlifters have huge cores? It's not just GH or being fat that does that. It's not situps either
a lot of those guys do ab work though
>>
>>27414044
>evidence is wack yo

Go back to church.
>>
>>27391182
>dry protein to the gym
depends
if it's protein in a shaker then that's acceptable it's basically a glorified water bottle and once they take a shower then that's their workout from warmup to cleanup.

now people who bring the fucking CANISTER to the gym, lol that's some turbonerd shit
>>
>>27415573
To be fair most exercise science studies are whack. They generally have terrible controls, bad premises, shit control of participant diet / recovery and no oversight of environmental factors. The only ones that are half-way decent are the ones about roids because they have to jump through a shitton of hoops to do roid studies in the USA.
>>
>>27390443
Sort of true if you're not /fit/, but it's just because you feel more hungry in winter and less so in summer.
>>
>>27414374
>Have you noticed that all people who are strongmen/powerlifters have huge cores?
That's a nice euphemisn for "paunch".

Heavy squats and deadlifts result in anterior pelvic tilt. Add to that intra-abdominal pressure and HGH and you got your "weightlifter's gut".
>>
File: 1330056087587.png (136 KB, 428x510) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1330056087587.png
136 KB, 428x510
>>27390541
>FUARK MY RIBS
Every time.
>>
>>27414539
They do abwork with weights that would crack calisthenics fags in half.
>>
>>27390443
total opposite
>>
File: NOXPLODE.jpg (154 KB, 730x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NOXPLODE.jpg
154 KB, 730x1000
>>27414279
Unless you use pic related
>>
>>27394779
now here we have some shit I wanted to know
>>
Brah, don't eat fat, it makes you fat. Duh.
>>
>>27415818
Hehehe
>>
>>27392684
I felt the same way when i went to the dmv with my friend. Most of the women there had 20+ inch arms because they were fat and made me feel like a skeleton.
>>
>>27391895
So many fucktards believe this in my school
>>
File: 5meals.png (428 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5meals.png
428 KB, 500x500
>>27392684
EAT BIG TO GET BIG, CMON
>>
>>27418685
Preach the gospel of the lean proteins and calorie surpluses

and also that you can't directly convert fat to muscle
>>
>>27403184

why dont you just, you know, explain she's doing it wrong?
With *Language* I mean...
>>
>scooby is natty
>he's just that big because he has been lifting for 20+ years
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 25
Thread DB ID: 2983



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.