[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ ways to carry a DSLR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: jack_laxer[1].jpg (257KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
jack_laxer[1].jpg
257KB, 950x633px
Sup /fa/

So I'm an amateur photographer who has been shooting for a long time, but I've never been able to get a bag to match outfits and all that. Do any of you have something to recommend? I don't really feel comfortable walking around with the camera just hanging from my shoulder, it feels like this makes it more likely that someone will grab it and run.
>>
File: erwittsleica.jpg (89KB, 800x668px) Image search: [Google]
erwittsleica.jpg
89KB, 800x668px
>>9464620

DSLR's are not /fa/ get a Leica and carry it in your hand without using the strap.

With time it will wear and become a part of you.
>>
File: vbesRs1[1].jpg (42KB, 555x423px) Image search: [Google]
vbesRs1[1].jpg
42KB, 555x423px
>>9464633
thinking of buying a Voigtländer Bessa R soon, but don't have the money yet. I know I need to be able to carry my DSLR around though, so I need some way to have it convenient enough to be able to be comfortable when carrying it but /fa/ enough to actually use it
>>
>>9464642

>Japanese made wannabe Leica.

Just get a Leica, dslr is tourist core.
>>
>>9464650
I can't afford a real Leica, simple as that, it's just not reasonable for me to spend that much money on a camera when I'm just going to use it for hobby purposes

also, analog is hugely limiting when it comes to actually learning to shoot, film is expensive, editing just falls short. I'm going to get an analog camera because it's fun, but it's nowhere near as flexible as a DSLR is.

Now, about that bag
>>
File: 0.jpg (34KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
34KB, 750x750px
Using this
>>
>>9464662
that wasn't a real reply, that guy is obviously a stupid troll. the actual modern counterpart to something like a leica would be a mirrorless camera.

about that bag.. you shouldn't be overly preoccupied with how it looks. its a utility bag and if you actually begin to take photography seriously you will wish you had a proper bag. something you said caught my eye
>I don't really feel comfortable walking around with the camera just hanging from my shoulder, it feels like this makes it more likely that someone will grab it and run.
how on earth would this happen? do you have your camera around one shoulder? because that makes zero sense. you should have it around your neck, or across your body.

if you get a bag, get a black camera bag that is sized appropriately (small enough to be light but not too small to be useful). appearance should take a backseat to utility. quick bag access and proper camera protection should be high points. a black camera bag goes with any outfit. people tend to think "oh that guy has a camera" rather than "that camera bag doesnt go with that outfit" because surprisingly.. most people don't buy camera bags with regard to how well they're gonna match with their outfits. the bag doesn't add or detract to your fits.. its just there

i personally try to go no bag whenever possible. nikon fe2 + 50mm f/1.4 master race
>>
File: MG.jpg (179KB, 436x483px) Image search: [Google]
MG.jpg
179KB, 436x483px
>>9464620
dslr's are for work get a 35mm film camera if you feel the need of having a camera with you.
>>
>>9464620
basically
>>9465181
is right

if you're not familiar with shooting film or not comfortable doing so,
i'd even say get a small (but nice) point and shoot like a Ricoh GRIV; which can still shoot RAW and will document any adventures almost as well as your DSLR will without being a bulky attachment.

if you wanna spend some real dough pick up a Leica M240

tl;dr you wont find a /fa/ DSLR case cuz they're bulky and not really meant for street shooting
>>
File: can.jpg (87KB, 668x520px) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
87KB, 668x520px
Niggas dunno bout my Canonet G-III QL17
>>
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.