[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how expensive do clothes have to be to justify getting them tailored?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Kanye.jpg (967KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Kanye.jpg
967KB, 1370x2048px
how expensive do clothes have to be to justify getting them tailored?
And other dumb questions thread, i guess.
>>
>>9451298
good question, but the thinking here is backwards, and it is for many people.

FOP= Fit Over Price.

don't buy something unless it fits
If you want something that doesn't fit, adjust the price for what it will cost to tailor it.

your question might sound like it has meaning to it to you, but one day you'll learn that you should never own anything that doesn't fit the way you want it to.

there's really nothing wrong with tailoring a $10 item, even if you can afford a $40 shirt, if you don't have enough money to tailor it, the $40 shirt will look worse than the $10 one.

suppose you want more clarification, the actual thing you are tailoring needs to be mentioned.

is it a shirt, a sportsshirt, a jacket, jeans, pants, etc?

price does not justify fit, fit justifies price. FOP.
>>
>>9451345
that being said, if you poorly tailor an obviously cheap item, you will look like a cosplay failure.
>>
File: yeezy4.jpg (8KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
yeezy4.jpg
8KB, 182x277px
>>9451347
lol exactly. what is that line, price-wise?I don'twant to look like a "cosplay failure."
>>
>>9451378
there is no such thing as a line
you have to be able to justify the price of the item + the tailor
that's it
>>
>>9451378
well.. it's hard to say because price just doesn't validate quality anymore.

If you find an $80 shirt at GUESS and a $50 shirt from band of outsiders on sale, the $80 price tag doesn't serve to verify whether it's worth tailoring or not. price just doesn't have anything to do with anything anywhere at all ever.

If I had to give you an absolute minimum dollar number for what is worth tailoring and what isn't, for just sport shirts? I guess $40.

but you could go to moores and by some stupendous piece of crap thinking it's simple, quality, minimal stuff, and just waste money on something literally comparable to Walmart $12 dress shirts.

A lot of companies these days play/act as though they know how to dress people, when they don't. it's just a big slogan for the masses of fools who don't know what a $40 shirt really cost 70 cents of fabric, 10 cents of labor, $3 in advertising, $5 in rental agreements, $1.50 in shipping across the ocean, $2,25 in labor disputes, $2 in marketing, and $15 in general profits for the stocks.
>>
>>9451298
He looks like a level 30 warlock
>>
>>9452178
and a good looking one
>>
fuck damn i hate red shoes

or red color anything is shit tier
>>
>>9452200
You have absolutely no taste. He looks like a dumpster vomited on him.
>>
>>9452178
Dont you wish you could get away with dressing like this?
>>
>>9452217
Would look sick if he had olive yeezy's on though
>>
Retard here with a somewhat relevant questions.

Could I get ANYTHING tailored? Like a sherpa jacket with sleeves that are just a touch too long? Or can I only get shirts/suits/pants tailored?
>>
>>9452331
You can get anything tailored, as long as the tailor knows his shit. Tailors who know their shit probably cost $$$$, so expect to pay like $50 for something minor like that. Not for poorfags.
>>
>>9452339
Makes sense, thank you very much!
>>
>>9451345
Thanks anon.
>>
>>9451298
As far as I'm concerned. Any price
Doesn't matter if a suit is $50 or $5000
If it doesn't fit properly, then you look like a fool
>>
>>9451298
The bright red shoes do not at all match the rest of that fit.
>>
>>9451345
say $10 tees,
$30-$60 pants
$20-$40 oxfords and polos
stuff from Macy's basically.
Worth tailoring? I don't know where to shop but reading the sticky on dad-core and "mall-tier"
>>
>>9452220
Why can't masks be acceptable fashion man
His masks are dope af
>>
>>9451298
$0.01 is expensive enough to get tailored.

Let me explain my logic:
If you really want it, and can't get it in your exact size, then you can justify getting it tailored. Just think "If I get this tailored, will I wear it often enough and love it enough to justify tailoring it?"

If the answer is yes, take it to the asian lady at the dry-cleaner nearest you and get that shit tailored. It doesn't have to be expensive.
>>
I have my $50 eddie bauer jeans that I paid $22 for tapered for $10 because I like the softness and quality. I've never had a t-shirt tailored because it's not worth the aggro, I would just find a brand that fits me off the shelf. I would go by the quality of the fabric and detail rather than the price you paid.
>>
>>9454143
i decided i'mma wear a mask to my wedding. if there's one place it should be acceptable it should be on your day/when you're the star/center of attn. since i'll never be up on stage rapping i figure when giving my vows is the next chance.
>>
>>9451298
I tailor clothing regardless of its price. If it looks like shit on me I'm not going to wear it.
>>
>>9451345
This is pretty spot on and it changes the way I buy things
like I bought an Outlier Shirt for like $130 including shipping
but had to pay $60 for returns to get the right size
but it's 100% worth a $190 shirt that fits well then a $130 shirt that looks liek shit
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.