[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my new shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20150205-WA0010.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150205-WA0010.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Sup /fa/
So bought these shoes a few days.
All leather, handmade in UK.
Paid 230euro for them

just looking for a little feedback
>>
Don't like them - too many pointless little things going on
>>
Shoes are nice. It all comes down to what you wear them with.
>>
>>9438594
This is a classic wingtip brogue design you fucking spastic. Go drool over your cp's
>>
>>9438594
Well its a newport design. So thats typical of whats going on with them. Inrelation to the little things you mention

>>9438601

thanks. They are the first proper leather shoes ive bought. As in leather sole
wore them the other nkght. With grey trousers and black shirt

was also thinking of wearing them with some dark blue jeans and a shirt.

suit would be grey pinstripe.

>>9438604

I appreciate the defending the honour of my shoes haha

but i do have to say i think they are great. All leather. Calf it says. With cedar.
came with two cotton/linen bags to put the shoes into
>>
>>9438594
Retard. If you are in business casual at a rich company you would see brogues like these all the time
>>
I would wear that with a light beige suit with a tank top under. Then for the accessories: large rings, large chain, aviator ray bans all in gold. Add a Cuban cigar and there is your perfect cocain drug Lord. Get the look!
>>
>>9438644
Well as a cocaine drug lord. I'd still be making more money and getting more pussy than you.

But shit I am already doing that now
>>
>>9438622
>With grey trousers and black shirt
I would wear thar kind of shoes with navy trousers & blazer and white shirt. Kind of obvious choice but navy & brown is such a tasty, eye pleasing combination. Whatever rocks your boat though.
>>
If you're a grown man and your business calls for it, you did alright OP.
>>
>>9438676
Thanks for the recommendation.
Although i never thought of navy as my type of colour. I will keep an eye out for something if i think it might suit me.

>>9438680
Yes I am a grown man. Have a beard and all. Thanks for the compliment
>>
Too bad for you I really want the Miami vice type of deal to come back.
>>
>>9438717
So do I. Why did you think i bought the shoes bro?
>>
To solve mysteries like scooby doo and the mystery machine team?
>>
>>9438594
not sure if troll post

they deviate from a typical brogue only in a few small ways: the exaggerated curve of the brogueing along the eyelets, no brogueing along the topline, the vamp stretching over top of the heel cap -- and yeah I'll admit that those deviations are tacky. But "too many pointless little things" makes me wonder whether you're thinking the same things I am or you're just counting every perforation individually as a "pointless little" detail.

>>9438517
Ugly. See my complaints above. Also, the leather looks shitty, to me. You can do a lot better for that money.
>>
>>9438737
I wouldn't use the word "ugly", more like "too flamboyant". I personally like the broguing pattern. Skin is kinda shit though, yeah.
>>
>>9438737
>>9438786

Well fair enough if neither of you are too fond of the overal design and pattern.

But you are both wrong about the leather.
My photo doesnt really show how good it is.
so perhaps have alook at ome of the stock photos
on the website

http://www.barker-shoes.co.uk/newport/

but there is nothing wrong with adding a bit of flamboyance to anoutfit.
>>
>>9438821
Don't get me wrong, I like them. But then I also got a floral blazer and orange chinos in my wardrobe. Just trying to say that I can understand how some people can find this desing a bit over the top.
>>
>>9438831
Oh ya I agree with you completely.
We each have our own taste.

Sure there might be a bit too much going on for some people. But I think its not a huge amount that would be on the tacky scale. If anything they would be a bit old fashio ed. As in 60 year old fashion
But compared to some of the other shoes i tried on. That were half the price or less. Those being rubber soles or leather sole.
Thesebeing all leather. With actual cedar inside the shoe. Being able to see the nails in the sole. As soon as you put them on. You just know the difference in the quality
and see the price they are on their website in sterling.compared to what i paid for them in euros. I saved myself a bit of money.
>>
>>9438868
Well, if you say so. Anyway, good cop. Nice to see there are still people who wear something that isn't goddamn sneakers on this immature board.
>>
File: DSC00702.jpg (493KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00702.jpg
493KB, 2048x1536px
>>9438868
>Sure there might be a bit too much going on for some people. But I think its not a huge amount that would be on the tacky scale. If anything they would be a bit old fashio ed. As in 60 year old fashion
it's enough to be tacky. and part of being old-fashioned is caring about craftsmanship. a classic brogue isn't just a cheap piece of shit with some holes in it. classic means done right. if anything, yours remind me of a 2000s-era mall shoe.

and why do you think old-fashioned and tacky are mutually exclusive?

>But compared to some of the other shoes i tried on. That were half the price or less. Those being rubber soles or leather sole.
trying on bad shoes first doesn't make these ones good

>Thesebeing all leather. With actual cedar inside the shoe. Being able to see the nails in the sole. As soon as you put them on. You just know the difference in the quality
>cedar inside the shoe
You mean shoe trees?

You know you can buy those separately right

>and see the price they are on their website in sterling.compared to what i paid for them in euros. I saved myself a bit of money.
you still overpaid
>>
>>9438517
>Barker Professional

lol, not even barker handcrafted

grats on saving 40 quid I guess? shouldn't have bought them in the first place though
>>
>>9438604
>it's good because people used to wear it
I suppose old gaudy architecture is good too? Go jerk it over your modern design principles you freakin pleb! I miss the good old days when everyone wore fedoras
>>
thing about barker m8 is that their whole "made in england" thing is very iffy.

a few years ago they would freely admit to any that asked that no, like grenson and all loake but the 1880 line (and that's another issue), they're made mostly in india and finished in england

"made in england" is a very, very loose thing because the laws have been loosened considerably

today, you can only go on trust
and up until at least 2years ago barker did not make everything in england

if this doesn't bother you, then whatever ignore this
but if it bothers you, as it does many others that don't like the idea of essentially paying so much for indian made shoes, well, like I said you can only go by trust

as far as I can tell the buck stops at Sanders
loake 1880 is still up in the air, lower loakes are clearly stated as not english made so whatever

grenson pissed a lot of people off when they outsourced.
barker was at least honest about it

whether this situation has changed (and handling some of these newer barkers makes me think that perhaps they have - hopefully) I don't know
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.