[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Our Legacy considered "designer" clothing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

Is Our Legacy considered "designer" clothing?
>>
It's not designer clothing, it's a fashion brand.
Acne Studios, Norse Projects, April77, COS etc are not designer.

Designer clothing is Thom Browne and Rick Owens for example, they're designed more by a singular person instead of a group like OL.
>>
>>9419553
The two OL designers would probably disagree with the term because they want to keep it more simple and easygoing than your usual "designer brand"
>>
>>9419597
Designer doesn't mean that it's designed by a single person.
>>
>>9419597
>Designer clothing is Thom Browne and Rick Owens for example, they're designed more by a singular person instead of a group like OL.
kek
you actually think that rick owens personally designs all that shit? you have no clue how fashion works do you
>>
>>9419597
>first week /fa/er trying to be informative
>>
>>9419800
They're always so easy to spot
>>
>>9419763
>>9419787
Do you think Acne Studios is designer?
>>
>>9419820
Not biting /fa/?
I'm pretty sure I'm right and you just felt the need to disagree, but alright.
>>
>>9419979
what are you talking about? you're the fool who thought "designer" meant that they were designed by a single person. but what you really meant (because your an idiot) are labels with a single person's name. trust me, designers like rick owens, raf simons, bbs, ccp, margiela, etc. have huge teams of people working to design their clothes and craft their image. in many cases, the name sake isn't even involved anymore.

there's no distinct line between what is "designer" and what is just a brand or a label or a company.
>>
>>9419979
calm down and lurk more
>>
>>9420000
It was a fucking example, Thom Browne and Rick Owens is designer clothing.

Reading comprehension mate.
>they're designed more [often]

Designer clothing USUALLY has a focus on a single person although they do have teams.
Acne Studios, NProjects, April77 and COS are not designer.
>>
>>9420023
Youre embarassing yourself. Just stop
>>
>>9420037
Choke on my cock.
Our Legacy isn't designer, end of, this could have been put in a fuccboi thread.
>>
If by "designer clothing" you mean high-end fashion brand then yes, it is.

"Rick Owens", for example, is both the name of a designer (which is, by definition, an individual person) and of a fashion brand.

Christopher Nying and Jockum Hallin, the guys behind OL, are designers and their brand is designing high-end fashion.

So the answer is ultimately "yes".
>>
File: 1422092849363.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1422092849363.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>9420062
>high-end
>our legacy
>>
>>9420046
>>9420023
you're diggin yourself a deeper hole m8

spend some more time over on reddit mfa and brush up on your fashion knowledge before you come back here to play with us big boys on /fa/

i'd hate to see u get hurt
>>
>>9420080
lmao
you cannot be this conceited
>>
>>9420075
Try to prove me wrong with facts.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 370x278px
>>9420087
Just accept your defeat already.
Get schooled, get attitude.
>>
>>9420087
look. i've been here a long time. i was browsing before you even bought your first pair of desert boots or your first ocbd.

so don't talk to me like i don't know what i'm taking about. i know this place in and out. i've seen loads of idiots like you come and go because they can't handle the heat.

so look, i know you've only been here a short time and already feel the need to give your opinion on things, but next time don't. keep your mouth shut until you actually have something of value to say. and stop talking about labels if you've never actually touched any of their pieces, let alone owned them. your fashion knowledge is probably exclusively gathered from what you remember reading some 17 y/o imbecile spewed on this cess pool of a board. i'm really looking out for your best interests here. i'd hate to see you get sruli #recht more than you already have
>>
>>9420105
>sruli #recht

Cringed hard at this.
>>
>>9420105
/thread
>>
All clothes are designer clothes, silly anon.
Somebody had to design them first :v)
>>
>>9419787
Actually, Rick said he (unlike most fashion houses) personally designs everything. You could have picked any other designer and been correct.
>>
>>9420386
you're wrong. he said he's more involved in the process than most designers. Doesn't mean he personally designs every garment dumbo.
>>
>>9420105
Cringespo
>>
yes it's designer clothing
>>
Could someone weigh in on the actual quality of Our Legacy? Debating whether it's designer or not is cool and stuff but I'm more interested in a response to >>9420092

Thanks
>>
Lmfao this thread.
>>
>>9422276
Shut up you filthy fucking coon.
>>
>>9421508
its about what youd expect for the price: nothing spectacular, and occasionally youll get a shirt that feels a bit flimsy, but its really solid for the most part. the designs and cuts are what you buy our legacy for anyway, and i have yet to be disappointed
>>
why cant we just accept nice clothes made well and of good material as nice clothes reguardless of brand

this thread is /g/mode right now
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 421x509px)
image.jpg
45KB, 421x509px
This is why i love /fa/
>>
>>9420386
just because rick says something doesn't mean its true

there's no way rick would even have enough time to design all the clothes he puts out by himself
>>
tfw people who created the arbitrary designer-nondesigner dichotomy on /fa/ decide to turn on you
>>
I'll be motherfucking damned if I spent 80$ on a t-shirt and it's not designer
>>
>>9423554
whoa $80
that's a lot of money..! :o
our legacy, insane designer stuff which isn't made in albania or portugal

insane
>>
>>9423567
dude
>>
File: comme des garcons.jpg (87KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
comme des garcons.jpg
87KB, 1600x1200px
>>9419597
>>
>>9419597
...you don't really know what you're talking about, do you?
>>
>>9420062
>our legacy
>high end fashion
>our legacy
>designer
Yo guys check out my sweet designer jeans just copped them at Hollister. Dank cop right?
>>
>>9420062
The best post ITT being ignored. Colour me surprised.

/fa/ is pretty much confirmed for the most retarded board.
>>
>>9423642
I tried to fucking tell them.
>>
>>9423642
Try to explain why OL isn't "high-end" and designer.
>>
>>9422276
Lmao at you. You fucking neanderthal
>>
File: ass.jpg (20KB, 833x103px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
20KB, 833x103px
>>9423647
It's not designer.

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_legacy
>>
>>9423644
>samefagging
>>
>>9423642

Have you seriously just compared OL and Hollister?
>>
>>9423647
Tbh it could probably cod be considered designer in some loos grasp of the word. Yes there are designers behind it but they are not putting out anything noteworthy or even close to "high end" it has always been and always will be middle of the road faux-designer clothing. It's purpose is to be the middle road between mall tier shit and actual high end designers. I personally like some of the stuff they were putting out last year; the frayed denim tees and super chunky mesh knits. The deconstructed washed out look they had going then was awesome but then they moved into this whole pale vibe thing and they started slapping shitty prints on everything. It's a step in the wrong direction if they actually wanted to be considered designer.

Even more so OL like I said before stepped away from the aesthetic they had made for themselves. They sold out in a sense and started doing what Acne is doing.
>bringing the quality down of garments
>hiking the prices up
>slapping shitty prints on everything

Lastly, I don't want it to make it seem like I hate OL and that it's trash. It really isn't. The construction and quality is good but nothing close to a Rick knit or parka or for that matter most other actual "designer brands". Of course there are some very obvious exceptions and many designers that are considered "real fashun" do the exact same shit Acne and OL do. Like I said earlier it's kind of a hard thing to place. All this being said it's definitely my favorite out of all the brands similar to it. I just wish they just had stayed a little more true to themselves.
>>
>>9423703
I thought if everyone else could use hyperbole why couldn't I?
>>
>>9423715
>bringing the quality down of garments

I've been buying their stuff since 2011 and, if anything, the quality of their garment has increased.
The prices are just about the same.
Of course, I agree on the prints, but even Raf Simons is putting shitty prints on his tees and jersies, just have a look at this year's SS collection.

What are you on about?
>>
>>9423735
What I have owned and felt I have not been impressed with for the price. Maybe the quality hasn't gone down but the prices sure haven't stayed the same. Also I said there were some very obvious exceptions to the prints I was talking about, Raf being the biggest perpetrator. Really though I like the the Raf prints a lot I think they are much more tasteful then the OL ones. Although it's not an excuse at all Rafs prints are not out of context at all when you take in his history as a designer and his narrative as well. I'll give you the prints they were a bad example but I still don't like what OL is doing with them.
>>
They make nice bomber jackets and shirts. FW2014 especially.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designer_label

It's really not that hard to google what a designer label is.
>>
>>9423858
>Tommy Hilfinger
ayy
>>
>>9419553

In the industry, products at this price point and distribution would most commonly be called contemporary.
>>
>>9420105

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: tumblr_m7rlld7Z1k1qc7uujo1_500.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7rlld7Z1k1qc7uujo1_500.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>9422996
well come to 4chan

>>9421508
Go to a store and try it on

It's the only way to judge the quality properly because you know people tend to exagerrate on the internet
>>
>>9419820
Acne Studios is "contemporary". In a store it's often sold alongside higher end denim and some diffusions, like M Missoni, Helmut and McQ. Sorry for not responding to your post within an hour, that was really inconsiderate of me.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.