[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm ready to become /fa/ As someone who came from a modest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: frank-oak-shirt_400.jpg (67KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
frank-oak-shirt_400.jpg
67KB, 400x600px
I'm ready to become /fa/ As someone who came from a modest family and got thrown into the world of architecture/design, I spent 4 years of college trying to figure out how I fit in. Parents never had money for clothes for me, nor did they care. I was left to check the discount racks at jcpenny. i couldnt imagine spending $80 on a shirt.

But now I have money, I'm ready to conform, to look like them and not feel like an outcast. Where do I start? JCrew? Frank and Oak? Urban Outfitters? I dont care about not being myself. i've been like that forever and it's gotten me nowhere.

>tldr who makes the best trendy stuff: jcrew, urban outfitters, something else?
>>
>>9365102
Are you white? You can only become truly /fa/ if you're white. If you're anything else, you become a mockery of what it means to be /fa/.
>>
Tldr: read the sticky
>>
>>9365110
Of course I am. 5'9, 140lbs. dont really have the proportions for slims (stocky thighs, slim waist), but fuck I'm just ready to assimilate.
>>
>>9365102
READ THE STICKY
AND LURK MORE
>>
>>9365102
you might find better advice starting at r/mfa. effay is shit for advice really and mfa is better for learning the basics.
>>
>>9365110
*tips autism*
>>
Thanks guys, I'll get reading right away. I used to shy away at $75 shirts, but not anymore.
>>
Thanks guys I'll get reading right away. I used to shy away at $75 shirts, but it's time to change.
>>
Thanks guys, I'll get reading right away. I used to shy away at $75 shirts, but no more shall i partake in this behavior.
>>
>>9365290
>>9365294
>>9365316
>>
>>9365102
If you want to fit in with the general public and still look better than most men get a subscription to GQ or something similar, decent advise on looks and trends. Clothing wise I've been happy with banana republic, calvin klein, michael kors, etc (cheaper brands with modern fits work for me). Don't have a j crew near me but i'd be there if I had one.

Best advise is play around with it yourself until you find something you like, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>9365102
dude you could have just worn black shirts all the time like the rest of the architecture students
>>
>>9365277
this guy is actually right. lurk around mfa for a bit, they'll tell you what $80 shirts to buy and then once you feel confident in what to wear, come back to /fa/ and then throw all your clothes away and start wearing tight black jeans, ridiculous looking shoes and an anime jacket
>>
>>9365143
First get a basic wardrobe, then ask yourself who you admire from a fashion standpoint.
Find someone whose style you find appealing and ask yourself if you'd fit in it. A lot of people really like Steve McQueen and Michael Caine, try finding yours and creating something similar.
>>
>>9365289
*tips Red Octobers*
muh'Yeezy
>>
>>9365143
>5'9
lmao
>>>/mfa/
>>
>>9365102
Our Legacy
>>
posting here instead since I'm also looking to revamp my young man wardrobe

which stores should you be looking at? I want to look smart and /fa/ without emptying my funds
>>
>>9365102
Start by not posting pics of that punchable prick.
>>
Jack Purcell or Kent Wang?
>>
>>9365110
>>>>>/plz/
>>>>>/go/
>>
>>9365110
I legit thought I was in /b/ when I read this.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.