[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick AW15 Rumors Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: img-rick-owens_120734287989.jpg (70KB, 575x364px) Image search: [Google]
img-rick-owens_120734287989.jpg
70KB, 575x364px
Has anything leaked prior to fashion week? I heard the fall 2015 season was going to be called sphinx. Is this true? Does anyone have any speculation about what Rick has in store? Will the color palette be similar to Faun or will Rick go back to the darker palette of Moody? Also, Rick general.
>>
would you agree that by buying a Rick piece, you're investing in a piece of designer art, not just a garment
>>
>>9352568
I don't think you know what investing means...
Investing means you spend in the hope of future returns
The only returns you'll be getting with Rick clothes are when you return them to the store
>>
>>9352579
>implying a vintage item won't be worth just as much, if not more in the future, especially if a centerpiece of the collection
>>
>>9352597

Have fun waiting 20 years for this shit to cycle back around again.
>>
>>9352597
When was the last time you bought a piece of designer clothing from 1995?
>>
>>9352579
Lol. You were correct up until the part where you said "The only returns you'll be getting with Rick clothes are when your return them to the store"
What are you even talking about, unless we're talking about geos or something i doubt anyone willing to drop the cash on the said rick piece are going to not at the very least understand the kind of look they're going for to the point of returning the piece. Maybe i might not like some pieces here or there but i can appreciate what he's going for or at the very least take solace in the fact that somebody will appreciate it.
In other words stop with the projecting with the "hurr i dont like what he likes" attitude. What you think is art and what somebody else thinks is art is all subjective.
>>
>>9352608

What do u think will happen to the brand if Rick died
>>
>>9351504
Seven Helsinki posted their invite to the show months ago and it was at that time definitely called sphinx so assuming that hasn't changed that's a pretty safe bet.

Didn't someone leak something on an instagram account. I remember someone posting it to sz but by the time I was in the thread it was deleted and so of course they were discussing the morality of posting the picture in the first place on ig and then the user who posted it in the thread.
>>
>>9352597
It will not. The only clothing that appreciates in value is couture, everything else just gets cheaper and cheaper. You can get high end 80s and 90s stuff for fucking nothing.
>>
>>9352811
you can wear RO clothes without being a 'gothninja', I hope you're aware of this

Rick himself probably has no concept of a gothninja
might want to get some fresh air
>>
File: Rick-Owens.jpg (93KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Rick-Owens.jpg
93KB, 800x1200px
>>9351504
Some RO stores were given preview of AW15 already and I was given a small preview of AW15. I can't say too much but a mens version of these boots will be released
>>
File: Capture222.jpg (27KB, 786x58px) Image search: [Google]
Capture222.jpg
27KB, 786x58px
>>9353966
fuck I need them, I've asked RO customer care already and they said this (see pic)

Anyone know what the length is for a collection being shown and then being available to purchase?
wondering how much these will cost too
>>
File: shutupandtakemymoneys.jpg (91KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
shutupandtakemymoneys.jpg
91KB, 580x300px
>>9353966

holy fuck i want those. they will drop next season then, after faun, is that correct? fuck me. how much are the current thigh boots?
>>
>>9353966

Damn what would I wear them with?
>>
File: 1232191994.jpg (279KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1232191994.jpg
279KB, 853x1280px
>>9354043
>>
>>9354046

Yeah that's what I figured. What month approx will be the AW15 drop? I'm planning on dropping around $1,500 to $2,000 on the next Acronym drop, so hopefully it will be spaced out enough to give me time to save.
>>
>>9353966
Everyone already knew that but thanks for the privileged insider info. Tell us something we wouldn't know.

Is there an embroidery motif featured in this collection and if so could you give some details about it?
>>
where to cop rick tees in colors besides black and white?

cant seem to find pearl or dark dust anywhere
>>
>>9353828

So we all knows he call michele lamy his sphinx....so we know this is going to be the best season of his because he is naming it after his main ho
>>
>>9354270

A lot of the dark dust and pearl tees are gone after the big xmas sales. There are some on farfetch but they ain't on sale
>>
>>9353966
fuckin stupid LOL literally same old shit but goes higher dumb af
>>
>>9352808
Yeah sorry about that part, I admit it was a lame failure of a joke

Rick stuff is ok, I saw the DRKSHDW sweatshirt today with the horizontal stripes at a store and it was pretty cool in person. Personally I wouldn't fork out $500 or whatever it costs, since the material felt almost the same as a bunch of Acne, OL, Rag&Bone sweats right beside it that were 1/3 the price, but I understand some people who appreciate the design and have the money would be more than happy to buy it. To be honest you're not just paying for a quality garment, you're also paying a premium for the "designer" design as there has been a lot of thought put into the work by Rick and his team
>>
>>9354384
:( was thinking of copping the dark dust tees from ss15 but not sure how the bamboo material is
>>
If the last two seasons are any indication he will be further pushing the envelope of garbage he can get away with shoveling down consumer fan boys throats under the guise of 'design' and 'avant garde'.

Rick is ruined by the people who wear it and he knows it.
>>
I just hope Ricky keeps expanding his color palette. I think there are a lot of good colors he can explore other than his usuals. He's probably just milking us slowly oover a long time period
>>
>>9354481
I really don't think anywhere sells acne sweatshirts for one third the price of drkshdw ones, but drksdhw is still made by olmar and mirta and acne is made in china/turkey/albania and best case scenario portugal. There's probably not a noticeable tactile difference between the materials if they're both just cotton sweatshirts but the drkshdw one will have been produced in a factory with higher wages and by better workers. I doubt there'd be much different in margin and designer markup between drkshdw and acne tbh.
>>
>>9354500
Is this the actual Dada?
>>
File: jp8jGYu.jpg (78KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
jp8jGYu.jpg
78KB, 638x480px
>>9354500
Yeah moody really pushed the envelope, so many outrageous designs. Where is my crust rick, rip rick too many fuccbois ruined my cool brand ;-;
>>
>>9354506
It was the "Spectacular Sensation" sweat on sale from last season. I don't remember the price, but I do recall that they had the "Super Light" OL sweat (the one that's been on sale in every store for months) for like $139, so but then again it's not Acne.

I have a couple Reigning Chanp sweatshirts that I actually like a lot more than even the DRKSHDW sweatshirt. They're a *lot* more softer and feel so better built, but that might just be my personal opinion. Never felt mainline Rick before though

I agree that fair wages and good working conditions etc. necessitates a higher price thoug because some people are conscious about that stuff, but still my RC sweats are made in Canada and only $100 retail.

So I guess it's just the design you pay for, but there's nothing wrong with that, I was just making a comment about how some people say Rick is expensive because it's better quality, but it's not just that, it's also the markup for the brand and the design
>>
>>9354515

I don't think he's pushed the envelope far enough
>>
>>9354046
What shorts are these? Just DRKSHDW pods?
>>
>>9354510
Unfortunately yes. Rick was GOAT but the mood and look he coined became synonymous with fuccboi douchebags and he knows it. So he's shoveling shit out like pillow cases with chiffon straight stitched to the front and namek paint. Fat rednecks playing banjo in bondage gear. Its insane and awful and people are still eating it up, and he's sitting on his giant throne made of antlers and a 2:1 model cast of himself, laughing at everyone and counting his money while michelle lemay conjurs some sort of dark sex magic from frog eyes or some shit
>>
>>9354548
If you think Rick is catering to that market you're delusional.
>>
>>9354548

This is what 8th graders and suburban moms think of rick owens
>>
>>9354551
You do realize RO is a business right? Not a non profit art institute of elevated design like everyone would like to think of it as. If you don't think Rick is trying to cater to every fuccboi with a pair geobaskets or Ramones then you have no understanding of how the industry works.

And its not just rick, but he is paving the way. Designers like Alexandre plokhov, BBS, pretty much anyone who has been collaborating with adidas /selling backlogged designs/diffusion brands cater to a lower end, more mainstream clientelle.

And if you don't realize that, you may be the delusional one.
>>
>>9354578
Rick doesn't need that business, that's not his demographic. Main line rick is sold primarily to adults. I do agree that Rick panders with DRKSHDW and Rickdidas but Main line, no way.
>>
>>9354592

His mainline is way more experimental than his drkshdw line though.
>>
>>9354607
What's your point?
>>
>>9354578

Rick is doing a collaboration with Abercrombie and Fitch as part of their new "darkteen" collab. Rick went in one of their stores in the mall and was blown away by how closely it could mesh with his aesthetic. The line won't be sold at places that normally carry rick though. Only through Abercrombie.
>>
>>9354620

Rick doesn't pander with his mainline. He plays it safer with drkshdw but the people in this thread are assuming fuccnois want envelope pushing avant garde. If rick wanted to appeal to the fuccnois, his cheaper drkshdw line would be more eexperimental. But it's not. Hence, he is blind to the fuccbois
>>
>>9354626

Fuccbois . Damn autocorrect.
>>
>>9354592
>implying the 'adults' that buy Rick are an better than the average fuccboi

I've peddled Ricks goods for years. It was awesome to sell and talk about when it was still underground. RO is a MAINSTREAM fashion house now, and is by definition no longer avant garde.

>>9354607
You are exactly the type of person I'm talking about. NO SHIT mainline is more experimental than drkshdw. Out honestly think you could buy a RO piece and sell it in the future for a profit? 'But what if Rick died?" His line would go to shit. Ever heard of Alexander McQueen?
>>
>>9354626
I never said he pandered with his main line, please re-read my post. I agree with what you're saying.
>>
>>9354637
You are misunderstanding what avant garde means. Avant garde DOES NOT MEAN UNDERGROUND. Also, your anecdotal evidence doesn't mean much.
>>
>>9354649
The literal translation of 'avant garde' is 'before the mass'

Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>9354639

I know I was agreeing with you too
>>
>>9354622

Let's talk more about Rick's collab with Abercrombie
>>
>>9354657
Before the mass does not equal underground. RO's designs are from being considered acceptable or standard by mainstream culture, thus he is still avant garde. No need to be hostile.
>>
>>9353946
tell that to the fuccbois who buy rick dunks in 4/10 condition for $300 over retail
>>
>>9354673
>before the mass does not equal underground

You are loosely defining a phrase by its own antonym.

Where do you live that RO designs aren't accepted by the mainstream? He's as common than dolce and gabbana these days.
>>
>>9354715
I live in New York. Fashion conscious people are more common here but they're still minority.
Rick Owens is not mainstream.

>>9354715
>You are loosely defining a phrase by its own antonym.
No I'm not.
>>
>>9354715

Yea and the new darkteen line is even at the mall
>>
>>9354715

The only place rick is very common is at like a rick owens fashion show. That's the only place where it is akin to people wearing nike
>>
>>9354735
is it a joke?
like that reso trip?
is it?
>>
>>9354743

What is a reso trip? Rick and Abercrombie are doing a collab. It won't have his name on it. It's part of Abercrombie ' s turn around plan and a rick was impressed by theoody ambiance of the stores - the darkest in the mall but not cheesy like hot topic. He also wants to have an even more accessible brand than drkshdw
>>
>>9354756
:^)
what an absolute madman you are
>>
why do you all care about how popular rick is anyways?
if you're going to spend an obscure amount of money on something atlas make sure you truly love it and that you are not just wearing it for cool points.
>>
>>9354756
The moody ambiance**. Anyways i think for sphinx we will see some desert wave influence and more tan and sand type colors. Maybe some palm tree greens and maybe some more rose colors for men. Think folks. SPHINCS
>>
>>9354734
I am in Los Angeles. RO is everywhere. The Rick store opens in march and its gonna be even worse. I apologize for being hostile.

I have a sore spot for Rick, like an ex girlfriend you who you're totally over but fucking hate becayse she is a goddamn whore. But the sex was great.

I'm not even going to argue on the avant garde thing because that's just silly
>>
>>9354775

LA is just a bunch of poor mexicans. They can't afford Rick. The white people that buy this stuff are like pink rhinos - extremely rare. You must hang out at the few places they congregate.
>>
>>9354775
Alright, have a good night.
>>
>>9354525
no you're right

reigning champ is objectively better quality that rick owens, or even those john elliot fad sweats.
>>
>>9354775
Oh it's opening in March? Much excite.

Rick wants to be mainstream. As far as I'm concerned, the more people like him the better. Fad jumpers will just jump to another fad and fans will just become fans.
>>
>>9354525
You realize that "Made in Canada" doesn't mean "Not made in a sweatshop", right?
>>
>>9354775
>"Like an ex girlfriend you're totally over but fucking hate because she is a goddamn whore. But the sex was great.
I didn't ask for those feels dada.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.