[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey there /fa/; I'm a long-time listener, first-time caller.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1414287756823.jpg (341KB, 800x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1414287756823.jpg
341KB, 800x1073px
Hey there /fa/; I'm a long-time listener, first-time caller.

Anyway I wanted to pose a question:

A lot of the, shall we say, 'high-end' stuff here -- ninjacore, lunarcore, fuccboi, whatever -- the stuff that you guys and gals seem to regard as ideal, at any rate -- all this stuff, anyway; I'm skeptical of whether or not the average person on the street thinks it looks good.

Which raises the larger question: if people think you look 'weird,' or 'faggy,' or whatever other mean adjective they'd attach to your sense of style, are you still /fa/?

Do you dress to express or to impress, is what I'm asking.

Thanks for reading
>>
The key to wearing these type of clothing is that you do it in big cities or places where there is a fashionably community (lots of artists etc)

If you dressed like that in Iowa or something like that everyone will think you are a huge faggot, or a creep. In New York you'll pass as being into fashion or just eccentric
>>
>>9283577
a lot of people here dress to imitate

none of those things you mentioned here are high-end

and the majority of those look dumb in the street

just learn to balance shit
i dress because i like looking nice to others and because i feel good doing so

so pretty much both
it's not as bipolar as you think
>>
>>9283591

this guy is right

if you want to dress full rick // lunarcore // any other weird style you have to live in big cities that have high concentrations of fashion-interested folk

NYC, San Francisco, and maybe LA and DC are the only american cities where it can really be pulled off
>>
>>9283628

Okay then -- so being /fa/ is contingent on your social context.

No outfit is inherently /fa/ -- good regardless of what people think; good in and of itself -- rather, each outfit has to somehow work within the social setting it's worn in.
>>
>>9283628
or seattle or portland
>>
>>9283671
Definitely. A bespoke suit that looks great in Chicago makes you look like an idiot in Maui.
>>
>>9283671
Yes, that's why you dress according to your lifestyle. If you work in a warehouse or something are you going to dress in full bespoke suits? No, you probably won't be able to afford it and even if you do you'll look like a try hard, even if a well dressed one.

This is the /fa/ effect, where kids working in McDonalds save up to buy geos, but they can't pull them off because they can't afford any more pieces of the aesthetic
>>
>>9283577
If you look like your uncomfortable about what you're wearing, or you're not confident about what you're wearing yes you will look like a fag. If everything fits right and you don't act like a spaz and throw spaghetti everywhere you should be alright. Be aware you will get weird stares however if you do not live in a big city when wearing rather avant garde pieces.
>>
/fa/ claims it dresses to express, but the clothing is merely a form of armor that protects their emotional insides

either they impress people and gain confidence through compliments, or they dress to make a statement and reinforce their own superiority complex to hide their feelings of inadequacy
>>
i dress for myself really
im not concerned of what others may think of how i dress
if i like something im going to wear it anywhere in the world unless its mean im getting stoned to death for disrespecting some code of conduct or whatever
>>
>>9283676
>portland
>>
>>9283720
Or people dress in clothes that they like because it looks good to them

Stop acting like a psychologist you pompous cunt
>>
>>9283766
Looks like someone's upset about the truth.
>>
>>9283836
looks like someone dresses like shit so he needs to take out on others that are comfortable with how they dress
>>
>>9283856
S A L T Y
>>
File: 1414994048247.jpg (25KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1414994048247.jpg
25KB, 400x267px
>>9283860
>>
>>9283720
I dress well because it is a social art and I want to display that I have an understanding of fashion. I want to stand out and appear as an interesting intelligent person with good taste that is apealing to look at while still being relatable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.