[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Hey there /fa/; I'm a long-time listener,...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1414287756823.jpg (341 KB, 800x1073) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414287756823.jpg
341 KB, 800x1073
Hey there /fa/; I'm a long-time listener, first-time caller.

Anyway I wanted to pose a question:

A lot of the, shall we say, 'high-end' stuff here -- ninjacore, lunarcore, fuccboi, whatever -- the stuff that you guys and gals seem to regard as ideal, at any rate -- all this stuff, anyway; I'm skeptical of whether or not the average person on the street thinks it looks good.

Which raises the larger question: if people think you look 'weird,' or 'faggy,' or whatever other mean adjective they'd attach to your sense of style, are you still /fa/?

Do you dress to express or to impress, is what I'm asking.

Thanks for reading
>>
The key to wearing these type of clothing is that you do it in big cities or places where there is a fashionably community (lots of artists etc)

If you dressed like that in Iowa or something like that everyone will think you are a huge faggot, or a creep. In New York you'll pass as being into fashion or just eccentric
>>
>>9283577
a lot of people here dress to imitate

none of those things you mentioned here are high-end

and the majority of those look dumb in the street

just learn to balance shit
i dress because i like looking nice to others and because i feel good doing so

so pretty much both
it's not as bipolar as you think
>>
>>9283591

this guy is right

if you want to dress full rick // lunarcore // any other weird style you have to live in big cities that have high concentrations of fashion-interested folk

NYC, San Francisco, and maybe LA and DC are the only american cities where it can really be pulled off
>>
>>9283628

Okay then -- so being /fa/ is contingent on your social context.

No outfit is inherently /fa/ -- good regardless of what people think; good in and of itself -- rather, each outfit has to somehow work within the social setting it's worn in.
>>
>>9283628
or seattle or portland
>>
>>9283671
Definitely. A bespoke suit that looks great in Chicago makes you look like an idiot in Maui.
>>
>>9283671
Yes, that's why you dress according to your lifestyle. If you work in a warehouse or something are you going to dress in full bespoke suits? No, you probably won't be able to afford it and even if you do you'll look like a try hard, even if a well dressed one.

This is the /fa/ effect, where kids working in McDonalds save up to buy geos, but they can't pull them off because they can't afford any more pieces of the aesthetic
>>
>>9283577
If you look like your uncomfortable about what you're wearing, or you're not confident about what you're wearing yes you will look like a fag. If everything fits right and you don't act like a spaz and throw spaghetti everywhere you should be alright. Be aware you will get weird stares however if you do not live in a big city when wearing rather avant garde pieces.
>>
/fa/ claims it dresses to express, but the clothing is merely a form of armor that protects their emotional insides

either they impress people and gain confidence through compliments, or they dress to make a statement and reinforce their own superiority complex to hide their feelings of inadequacy
>>
i dress for myself really
im not concerned of what others may think of how i dress
if i like something im going to wear it anywhere in the world unless its mean im getting stoned to death for disrespecting some code of conduct or whatever
>>
>>9283676
>portland
>>
>>9283720
Or people dress in clothes that they like because it looks good to them

Stop acting like a psychologist you pompous cunt
>>
>>9283766
Looks like someone's upset about the truth.
>>
>>9283836
looks like someone dresses like shit so he needs to take out on others that are comfortable with how they dress
>>
>>9283856
S A L T Y
>>
File: 1414994048247.jpg (25 KB, 400x267) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414994048247.jpg
25 KB, 400x267
>>9283860
>>
>>9283720
I dress well because it is a social art and I want to display that I have an understanding of fashion. I want to stand out and appear as an interesting intelligent person with good taste that is apealing to look at while still being relatable.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Thread DB ID: 30085

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.