[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

What's a good source for basics that are NOT made by tiny childrens hands? preferrably in europe, since i live in europe and that stuff tends to be easier to get. NA or japan made would be good, too. i have two ACNE sweats that i really like, really like the thick cotton and general quality, but i really hate that it's made in china. it's just something i want to stay away from in the future, but most recommended basics seem to be made in china, like the wang shit etc.
>>
>>9271465
American Apparel?
>>
>>9271472
OP here, i have some basic tshirts from them and they are pretty good as undershirts. but i'd rather like something in a higher quality, and alot of their stuff isn't 100% cotton
>>
James Perse
Albam (UK)
Sunspel (good quality, though I'm not a fan of their basic tee's cut)
American Apparel, good tee's for the price.
>>
>>9271465

Most of Norse Projects products are made in EU. Any exceptions are lister on the site.
>>
COS made in Portugal
>>
>>9271465
So you don't want to buy clothes that have been made by children who need money desperately? Wow.
>>
>>9271596
yes, i just hate kids.
>>
>>9271585
COS tees are good, are they?
>>
>>9271729
I have 1 of their tees, and its thin af and the collar crumples up super fast, but it may be just this one.
>>
>>9271472
>>9271482
>>9271538
American Apparel is the cheapeset shit you can buy, honestly gildan makes nice tees.
AA can afford to use American labour becasue the fabrics they use are the cheapest they can find.
Dumb hoes think its quality cause it says "made in USA" on the tag but that dont mean shit when it falls apart after 2 washes.
>>
>>9271744
Doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Struggling to find a website to buy my basics for a relatively cheap price - Uniqlo was good, but then they rid of their Supima tees.
>>
>>9271585
COS has distributers in Asia too. They have a ban on child labour but they're owned by H&M so I don't know what to believe

>>9271482
American Apparel has some heavier tees and they're a decent price. James Perse is worth buying but quite a bit pricier
>>
>>9271783
that sounds a bit shady, and i definitely don't want to support fast fashion
>>
>>9271465
Neibourhood have decent basic tees black or white. Theyre like 80 - 100 aud for a pack of three tees and made in jpn. They do have the nbhd branding on the sleeve but its pretty small
>>
Are Fruit of the Loom tees decent?
>>
>>9271903
wear whatever you like my dude

quality wise I wouldn't wear them as anything more than a shirt underneath. refer to the posts above for good quality tees
>>
>>9271465
James Perse is the best I think, hands down. Damir Doma is also very good but it might not fit your style. Alexander Wang has very good rayon and even the regular tees are good, but I CBA to go and check where it's made and they're elongated compared to most normal t-shirts.
>>
>>9272144
what makes perse the best in your opinion?
>>
>>9271794
Just walk into on of their stores and check the tags, the more expensive stuff is usually made in Europe and worth it's price.
>>
>>9272146
Hmmm... Well they always look nice on me, the material feels/looks nice, the collar is small (you can fit a big muscular neck in there don't worry, it's just slim) and the cut is nice.
>>
A lot of the best price/return basics are made by sweatshops.

P.S., I know this is a shock to the system for most people, but sweatshops are an incredibly good thing. They pay more than almost any other untrained alternative in countries like China. Kids aren't forced to work, they're just desperately poor, and HAVE to work. Giving them a job that's both safer and higher paying than the coal mines, for example, is a great thing.

The witch hunt against sweatshops is almost totally unfounded. I mean sure, they're shitty, but they're as good as they could be given a lot of conditions. If anything, you should be supporting them. I know that can sound crazy, but again, consider the alternatives for those people, which are near-invariably far worse.

Having kids at factories is part of the progression to a more modern and decent society. America did it, and we're not the only ones. It's a good progression into decent and safer work.

"Sweatshops are evil!" Is one of the silliest positions to take. It's entirely a position of feeling and as I've just shown completely opposite a position of knowledge
>>
I heard that Alexander Wang Basics are overpriced considering the quality. I don't have any first hand experience but often heard bad things about them.
I recommend Our Legacy, not the best of the best, but their tees have thick cotton and stay in shape after many washes. It's also made in Portugal I think.
Otherwise I really like Acne's stuff, since the cotton has a nice shimmer and depth to it's color. It's also really soft, nevertheless it easily wrinkles (both sweater and tees) and the neckline is kinda shit on the "measure tee". Since it's mad in China, I know you don't want to buy it but I still wanted to give some input for other anons
>>
>>9272188
so why don't they just PAY THEM MORE.
>>
>>9272188
I agree, only thing that comes to mind is that the ppl working there often aren't properly protected against any poisonous dyes or chemicals
>>
>>9272188
>given a lot of conditions
this is still no reason to treat their workers as if they are nothing more than workers. they're humans, jim.
>>
>>9272220
They do pay them more than most anyone else. This isn't an american business. The american minimum wage doesn't apply, and indeed COULDN'T apply, or they wouldn't get the business at all. They offer bottom level labor work made appealing to workers by elevated wages, and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, for a developing nation, it's an absolutely critical step. As they improve economically, they will get better labor laws that they can sustain.

>>9272235
True, but that's not the fault of any company employing an overseas center; China just doesn't have the laws or regulations to keep up with that yet.

>>9272237
They treat them better than anyone else and as well as they can given the nature of their service. Better treatment equals more money to facilitate treatment via purely outside resources, which then equals it being too expensive and risky, which then equals kids in the coal mines.

Everyone acts like they're moral crusaders and that business owners have no concept of humanity, which is just the dumbest thing to say.
>>
>>9272277
compare anything with something lower than it and say "this is better than x"
it's not a fair statement
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.