[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What brands make high quality pieces relative to their price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: brands.jpg (136KB, 1500x802px) Image search: [Google]
brands.jpg
136KB, 1500x802px
What brands make high quality pieces relative to their price point and which brands have terrible quality relative to their price point?
>>
>>9225528
God tier:
Bottega Veneta
Kiton
Brioni
John Lobb
Berluti
George Cleverly
>>
>>9225528
thats a terrible infogram,

if it included all the cosmetics and jewellery brands it'd be a better scope for the fasshion world
>>
>>9225561
This. When you think about someone like Tom Ford, who's cologne/perfumes cost $200.00+, he's making an absolute killing profit wise. That bottle and juice probably cost, at the most, about $5.00 to make and package. You do the math..
>>
>>9225561
>>9225574
It's not about profit, it's about centralization.

That doesn't mean it's a good infographic, but TBH I can't really be made to give a fuck about high markups. Sure, they suck, but they don't make the product suck or fuck up the power dynamics inside the industry. They just mean rich people get one more nice thing us poors don't.
>>
>>9225574
revolting
>>
I feel most midtier brands are closest to good cost:quality ratio. That being said usually lesser fashion oriented and/or lesser known midtier brands best fit this category.

I would say APC, Acne, Our Legacy, etc are okay in quality in regards to pricing, but brands such as Buttero, Diemme, midranged raw denim, Gitman, Reigning Champ, Bleu de Paname, sometimes Norse Projects, lesser known japanese brands, etc all seem to have a nice price point for quality.

If you want some stores with relatively decent prices but not boring/terrible clothes I would suggest Unionmade, Norsestore, End, Oi Polloi, Acrimony and other lesser known sites/boutiques.
>>
Uniqlo, Outlier and Norse Projects are good.
>>
>>9225624
>but they don't make the product suck or fuck up the power dynamics inside the industry

What makes you believe this at all

I can't conceive how this doesn't fuck up the power dynamics massively.
>>
>>9225732
>within the industry

Exorbitant markups exacerbate the ill effects of fucked up power dynamics/wealth inequality in the broader society, but they don't make fucking Renzo Rosso get to announce a Nazi at the head of MMM.

A better illustration of why this is bad is Fast Retailing, which is mostly the parent company of Uniqlo, but is also the parent company of (among other fast fashion brands) Link Theory, which is the parent company of the denatured Helmut Lang. That's one reason the graphic is kinda bad - it's overly focused on glitzy, prestigious brand names.
>>
>>9225670
>apc
>quality in regards to pricin
lol no. Their denim is garbage. Quality denim doen't strech 5 sizes. Never had experience with any other APC products as the jeans turned me off away comteley.
>>
>>9225574

Actually Tom Ford's fragrances are among the more reasonable ones as far as designer shit goes. His first break in the fashion world was selling fragrances so he's been in that business a long time. Signature blends are fabulous

He also doesn't sell his stuff through shit retailers like Macy's
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.