[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what have you done to me /fa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: goose.jpg (4KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
4KB, 213x250px
So my gf likes to wear shitty band tshirts of shitty bands she likes, I won't name names because of how horrible they are but let's just say all of you would cringe at the sight of them.

Bottom line is I feel kinda embarrassed to be around her in public when she opts to wear such articles of clothing. I feel like a douche because of this, but I see so much potential in her in terms of fits she could pull off.

My question to you guys is how can I suggest she wear different styles without coming off as a total cunt? I don't want to go full autist and say "look, you dress like a pleb and these bands are for teenagers, get some self respect and wear something a bit more stylish". I hate to be the person trying to change someone to my own liking, but she's pretty oblivious in this area. Remember, I'm only doing this because I love her :^)
>>
by killing yourself. not kidding. do it
>>
Compliment the shit out of her nicer fits when she wears them? Positive reinforcement and whatnot. Could start her off with a Christmas gift, cause that's soon. I dunno man, gl tho
>>
Buy her cute clothes to wear.

Seriously the best idea, she will be so excited by the present she wont even realize what you're doing. What girl doesn't like gifts?
>>
File: typical fa room.jpg (400KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
typical fa room.jpg
400KB, 1280x960px
>>9153899
you have 3 options

1. drop that bitch
>PROS: no embarrassing feeling, benefits of being single
>CONS: no gf and the negatives of being single, realization you caved into superficial standards that most people give no shit about by dumping a girl

2. deal with it
>PRO: keep gf, moral superiority, didn't cave in to throwing away gf based off superficial crap, gf may become stylish someday
>CON: your gf is not effay, forever irking you unless she improves

3. intervene by buying her gifts, hiding a few clothes, taking her out shopping to nice areas, getting better clothes and filling her wardrobe up, etc.
>PRO: keep gf, improve gf's taste gradually, not being overly superficial
>CON: moral grey area for you, financial costs, your gf may not be receptive to your plans
>>
>>9153925
>>9153917

I usually buy her things like hats and necklaces because she likes that kind of stuff, but if I buy her some more simple tops and such I've always felt she'd think they were boring. I'll give it a go next time I see something that I think would be qt on her tho.
>>
>>9153899
you should realize that your interest in fashion is a hobby and many people have many different hobbies. your interest and knowledge in fashion is as compelling to the general public as interest and knowledge of cheese.

you probably eat cheese like a pleb. when's the last time you ate a good roquefort, let alone paired it with the perfect port? you probably haven't given a passing thought to such a thing. your S/O would probably receive your fashion obsession with similar incredulity. there's no reason to shame people about it.
>>
>>9153962
>you probably eat cheese like a pleb.
actually I despise the taste of cheese m8 but I'd appreciate someone's passion for fine cheeses if they were to inform me of such

metaphors aside, my situation isn't about being into high fashion/ haute couture, it's just basic style shit. Like, a bunch of girls like cute clothes, doesn't mean fashion is their "hobby".
>>
>>>r9k
>>
>>9153990
just because you personally would appreciate it doesn't mean other people should

also what you think of as "basic" other people don't agree. to use the analogy again i'd think of NOT eating mass market cheese as a basic thing but yet countless millions of plebeians put pre-sliced mass market 'provolone' on their sandwiches or eat sargento 'cheddar' with ritz 'crackers' and think they are getting a good experience.

now that i think of it the comparison is apt. you have a distaste for cheese in general. same with people and fashion. some people would just rather not bother with it at all.

basically what i'm trying to say is that its nice that you want to share your interest/hobby/passion with your SO but don't force or condescend to them.
>>
>>9153932
dis nigga is learned in tha subject
>>
why don't you let her wear what she likes to wear
>>
C is the heavenly option
>>
>>9154036
>basically what i'm trying to say is that its nice that you want to share your interest/hobby/passion with your SO but don't force or condescend to them.

yea, that's what I'm trying NOT to do, it says so in my OP.
>>
>>9153899
pretty girls can wear whatever they want, stop being a bitch, OP
>>
>>9153899
Post your fit, and her fit
>>
>>9153899
:^)
>>
>>9154232
Unless she's not pretty
>bands tees
Fat emo looking chic detected
>>
>>9154232
Since hwne is being basic acceptable rofl get some standards u beta retard
>>
File: image.jpg (790KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
790KB, 2560x1920px
>gf dresses like shit
>dress good
>girls b mirin when we go out
>gf gets jealous

At least she doesn't waste her money of stupid shit like I do.
>>
>>9154522
>tfw wearing a band tshirt and can deadlift more than you.

Dumb fucking manchild, get a gym membership before you spout your bullshit.
>>
>>9154126
She looks like shit and makes OP look like shit in public. Why wouldnt you want someone looking their best to be around you vs someone who doesnt give 2 shits about their appearance.
>>
>anon, why are you wearing black all the time? And why is your hair so oily, do you even wash it anymore?
>ITS CALLED FASHION, GEE EFF! I'm totally achieving a heightened sense of aesthetics thanks to designers like Rick Owens and Raf Símóns, and am leaving the basic bitches behind!
>anon, you didn't use to be like this. Why can't we just put on some normal clothes and go get some food?
>Yeah, yeah go ahead! Go ahead and wear that damn Joy Division t-shirt again! I mean honestly, are you even trying to impress the internet avant garde? Somewhere in a French boutique, Yoji is weeping into the seams of a hand-made women's size zero loose fitted pantsuit, irreparable damaging the leather, and all because you have to be such a basic bitch
>Yoshi? Who is that? anon, you're scaring me!
>Yoshi? YOSHI?! That's it, GEE EFF, I've had it with your shit taste, you little Fuck Boy!

Police arrived on the scene several hours later to find a woman in her early twenties strangled to death with what appeared to be an overpriced tracksuit. Suspect was found locked inside his bedroom, mumbling about dietary supplements. Officers attempted to take the man into custody, but he quickly reached into his pocket to reveal a sandwich, a passport, and several pipe bombs, which he detonated, killing himself.
>>
>>9154623
because you love them?
>>
>>9154672
>because you love them
Heh
Naïve anon detected
>>
>>9153932
number #3 is da only way to go mane
>>
>>9154637
underrated post
>>
>>9153932
>superficial standards that most people give no shit about

no one outside of this boards cares for fucking band shirts! most people find them cute on girls what is wrong with you
being embarrassed? dont act like anybody would think look at this guy! his gf is wearing bullets for my valentine shirt omg
your thinking is embarrassing
you dont deserve here
>>
>>9154623
>makes OP look like shit in public
no one cares for that lmao op is autistc
>>
File: Panda21-Portrait-CloseUp.jpg (228KB, 860x614px) Image search: [Google]
Panda21-Portrait-CloseUp.jpg
228KB, 860x614px
>>9154637
>>
>>9154637
autism and unfunny

looks like a collaboration post between birthturd and koishi
>>
>>9154637
Leave it to the virgins of eff ayy to degenerate a thread into their /r9k/ tier autism
>>
File: w2c.png (67KB, 894x111px) Image search: [Google]
w2c.png
67KB, 894x111px
>>9153899
nigga there's 2 boards for muh gee efffs
>>
>>9153899
Im guessing its a joy division etc. type shirts?
>>
>>9154637
lol
>>
There are tradeoffs in relationships. Does she suck your dick? Yes? Then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>9153899
Really depends on the bands OP, if it's Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold and stuff like that then let her do her things as it is as fa as fuck.
>>
Like that other anon said, just compliment the shit out of her when she wears stuff you like. Tell her how AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL she looks with the shit you prefer her to wear. And don't say shit when she wears those shitty band tshirts.
>>
judging a person by their music taste sounds immature as fuck.
My bf listens to literally every single >le wrong generation artist/band there is, but that's his thing.

Let it go.
>>
>>9153899
That's funny you say that because yesterday I was at the mall with my gf and as we were walking around the mall we past a huge mirror and as i looked at our reflection i had a terrible realization.. gf's are an embarrassment to be around with. She looked so fucking stupid next to me holding my hand and not to mention how much of a fucking manlet she is.

I'm thinking of breaking up with her but I don't know what to say if she asks for a reason.

Anybody got any ideas? should i go with the classic "it's not you, it's me"?
>>
>>9159371
This is why I still visit this forum from time to time.
>>
Whenever I did laundry I'd leave the clothes I didn't like at the bottom of the basket. I didn't wash his stupid ninja turtles shirt for months.

I couldn't change him though. He kept buying more and more ugly clothes.
>>
>>9159371
this
>>
>>9159371
lel
>>
>>9153932
Only valid advice.
>>
>>9159383
need a new bf?
im single
>>
>>9159371
>not to mention how much of a fucking manlet she is.
Oh shit, my sides. . . my poor sides.
>>
>>9153925
Buying women shit outside of birthday/vday/anniversary is a terrible idea because it sets the precedent of you trying to "keep" her, and lowers your value in her eyes
>>
>>9153962
Interesting perspective thanks for sharing
>>
>>9153962
cheese gives me terrible diarrhea so I cannot see your point
>>
>>9160273
If serious, you're a dense retard

If trolling, 1/10
>>
>>9160281
I'm lactose intolerant. ;_;
>>
>>9160289
Are you that bad at understanding context and metaphors that you really think that post had anything to do with your gastrointestinal tract? Daffy Duck and Daft Punk combined arent as daft
>>
>>9159371
How tall are you?
>>
Buy some clothes for her, while you're just with her, scroll through some fashion sites of whatever you like, and say "I think this would look good on you".
>>
>>9160314
>Daffy Duck and Daft Punk combined arent as daft
What? I do not understand what you are saying.
>>
>>9153932
Nice reply.
>>
>>9159371
Good on you man, know your worth.

Tell her you're just not feelin itt and dont wanna string her along. Do it nice so you can transition to fuckbuddies
>>
>>9160323
Pretty ironic how that went over your head.

daft
[daft, dahft]
adjective, dafter, daftest.
senseless, stupid, or foolish.
>>
>>9153899
Stop being such a bitch. Just tell her, her shitty band shirts are shitty, in a joking way. Or stop over reacting to what fucking shirts she wears
>>
>>9160343
But why are you calling me stupid? What compels you to be so mean to a stranger on the internet?
>>
File: 1231232.jpg (19KB, 750x715px) Image search: [Google]
1231232.jpg
19KB, 750x715px
>>9159371
>not to mention how much of a fucking manlet she is.
>>
>>9160390
You dont understand context
>>
>>9153907
This. If you kill yourself she'll prolly wear memeochrome for your funeral
>>
>>9159371
Oh god, I can see this happening
>Babe, we need to talk about something
>What is it?
>You're a fucking manlet, I'm 6'1'' master race.
>W-what?
>lol. manlets when will you learn
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.