[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How /fa/ is distance running becoming? coming from college runner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: parker.jpg (52KB, 320x505px) Image search: [Google]
parker.jpg
52KB, 320x505px
How /fa/ is distance running becoming?
coming from college runner
>>
File: colorado.jpg (82KB, 1024x409px) Image search: [Google]
colorado.jpg
82KB, 1024x409px
NCAA Champs bump
>>
>>9132025
not /fa/ but running's good for you, keep it up OP
>>
>>9132025
is that a female, i cant tell
>>
>>9132025
do you have any tips to start running?

i don't think the "couch to 2k" program will work because i can already jog/run 2km without stopping

i fucking love running btw
>>
>>9133281
It's not how far you can run without stopping it's about building up your strength and condition.
>>
>>9133281
bridge to 10k
>>
>>9133281
op here, I like to train by minuets run. it's tough to tell without previous running history, but 5 to 6 days a week with one day longer than the others. Gradually step up your mileage for races or what not. Keep a pace range that's relaxed, but fast enough to slowly improve.
>>
>>9133296
wait, explain? how do you measure/improve your strength and condition? thought running is mostly endurance for long distances, speed for shorter ones

>>9133337
>check em
thanks, do you know any guides or anything on getting started?
>>
>>9133296
will take a look at that one. looks like a good program.
>>
Cardio kills gains, therefore you weedy running faggots will never look good in clothes
>>
>>9133302
yeah, or couch to 5k as a middle ground... You can also use that zombie run app to help make it more interesting(Its literally the same rune cycle as couchto5k, prompted with GPS/sensors in your phone, and with a zombie theme)

The biggest thing i can tell people is to make sure they train their VMO first(just google it) If you're vmo isnt up to your running regimen, you will hit a wall early on that will have you feeling like shit until its up to snuff.
>>
>>9133377
>leett

I googled it, so you should train your knees? I see a bunch of videos that show up; I'll try some of them.
>>
>>9133375
idgaf
it feels good, and it's probably healthier than smoking or heroin
>>
>>9133387
>probably healthier than smoking or heroin

thanks, you made me laugh
>>
>>9133375
who needs gains when you can run a mile in under 5 minutes?
>>
>>9133383
yeah, its your inner knee muscle. The outer knee muscles over-develop in most people from day-to-day shit.
Deep squats and weighted lunges with your rear leg resting on a chair are the best ones i found.

When i started running, i was doing 5k every day 5 times a week... Around month 3, my left leg failed hard because i didnt train my VMO properly. I was pretty much out for 1 month until i focused on it properly. After 2 weeks of doing light targeted stuff, i was able to get back to my routine, and am now doing 10k runs every 2end day.
>>
>>9133365
op again, I train at like an easy pace range of 6:00 to 6:20 for like 10 to 20 mile runs. For tempo runs i like to around 5 to 10 miles at 5:30 pace. For race pace/interval workouts I run around 4:30 to 4:50 pace. And i run a 5k in 15:00 so that's comparative to my fitness. you can use like the jack daniels running calculator o determine paces for yourself.
>>
>>9133822
thank you

what shoes do you run in?
>>
>>9133836
nike pegasus 31's
>>
If you're skinny and white. Its fine.
>>
>>9133948
are you autistic? obviously you can't run as well if you're overweight, but white, really?

retard
>>
>>9133952
Unless you're straight out of Kenya I doubt the average black man doesn't actually run long distance. Myself included. My body is built for sprinting, not for running marathons.
Not really being racist.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 1280x853px
>>9133982
oh the thread is about "distance running"
i don't know much about it so i can't really speak

thought you were talking about running in general cuz everybody runs

my bad
>>
I've always thought distance running is the only type worth doing.

Marathon in Mayyyyy brooo, I'm stoked
>>
Cross Country runner here 16:21 5k. Can confirm it's effay.
>>
>>9133411
Grills will sure be mirin that laptime
>>
>>9133281
it's couch to 5k m8. Then 10k
>>
>>9134044
oh, no wonder

thanks i'll do that, then on to 10k once i'm as good as you guys years from now
>>
sprinting > distance running

rugby = American football > Australian football > soccer
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.