[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are some of these clothes so expensive? I just looked at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 14H143-900_A_138_1[1].jpg (280KB, 1200x2639px) Image search: [Google]
14H143-900_A_138_1[1].jpg
280KB, 1200x2639px
Why are some of these clothes so expensive?

I just looked at Acne Studios stuff and they are hundreds to thousands of dollars. I understand that sometimes things are more expensive due to the fabric and quality however this shit is just so plain looking like you cannot tell me that a piece of fabric and some sewing is $300 - $1200 when you can find pretty much the same thing for like $20 at some mall store...

PIC RELATED IS JUST COTTON. JUST COTTON. THAT'S IT.

WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE? it just seems like some illogical, elaborate ruse for people to buy their shit genuinely because of the name.
>>
File: 30D126-133_A_178_1[1].jpg (153KB, 1200x1999px) Image search: [Google]
30D126-133_A_178_1[1].jpg
153KB, 1200x1999px
>>9114300
gee look at these $200 pants they're so original and just definitely worth the two hundreds.
>>
File: hmpro.jpg (69KB, 972x1137px) Image search: [Google]
hmpro.jpg
69KB, 972x1137px
>>9114315
oops just found pretty much the exact same thing for $9.95...
>>
Exclusivity raises the value
>>
>>9114300
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>9114315
>>9114328
The cut, fabric, and detailing are visibly different. For example, the Acne denim has rivets, better stitching, and a coin pocket. I would also argue that it is higher quality than the $9 jeans.

Just because they're black and skinny doesn't mean they're the same.
>>
>>9114409
other way around bud
>>
>>9114599
this to an extent.
the denim is fine imo but a lot of acne shit is overpriced and not worth it at all, the brand isnt particularly exclusive and even with superior cuts, materials, construction (slightly) it isnt very special
>>
>>9114639
Nothing is "very special" when you think about it. Even H&M clothing is overpriced -- they still make huge profit margins.
>>
>>9114726
They have to be overpriced to do well. Sales, returns, exchanges, and thefts account for a lot of the markup in retail.
>>
As someone who has owned a lot of clothes in the past 10 years, let me just say this. Any clothes that I bought for less than $100 (with the exclusion of maybe 5 garments) fell apart after 2 years or just looked like garbage. Comparatively, almost all the clothes I spent $150+ on kept their shape, form and texture. There are obviously things you can buy for that much money and it will still be garbage but honestly even RL polo last longer than 20 dollar crap
>>
>>9114409
Acne is so not exclusive
Acne is the kind of shit that gets worn by people who dont even know what Acne is
not saying its always been like that, thats just where we're at right now
>>
>>9114300
Shit that costs 20 bucks to was made by kids in a sweatshop dont know where acne is made but definitely not in a sweatshop. What makes most of the clothing expensive is that it was made in a first world country. On top of that you have way better quality because your clothes werent made by a five year old kid. As a result your clothes dont fall apart after a year. And maybe some people feel good knowing they arent encouraging slave labour.>>9114300
Another large part of the cost is the design. This includes things such as the cut and your acne shirt is going to have a far better cut then anything from the mall. Theres obviously some paying for the name but its a small part of the cost and is worth it. Im willing to pay an extra $50 to buy something from someone reputable who I know makes good quality things. There is also an exclusivity part to it, some types of garments are really only made by one designer or a select few designers.
>>
>>9114300
If you're buying timeless pieces, spend the extra money for durability. If you're buying disposable designs for a couple of festivals, then hit up the mall.
>>
>>9114911
Most of Acnes stuff is made in Portugal.
>>
>>9115690
doesnt mean kids dont make it
>>
>>9115690
very little acne is made in portugal nowadays
>>
remember when acnes jeans werent shit
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 520x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 520x780px
>>9114300
>"Why is _____ so expensive!?"
Because you're poor.
>>
you guys do not understand the business side of clothing at all
>>
>>9114300
acne is a joke. it isnt even designer. its a step over mall-tier. dont know what kind of retard is paying retail for what is essentially zara premium
>>
>>9115690
portugal is the third world of europe you fuckwit
>>
>all these non humans calling portugal the third world of europe or saying kids are making these clothes

Its funny how our PISA scores are way ahead of the caliphate somalian shithole of Sweden where acne was actually founded
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.