[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of people that wear all black? I know a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1393295289646.jpg (431KB, 2405x1705px) Image search: [Google]
1393295289646.jpg
431KB, 2405x1705px
What do you think of people that wear all black?

I know a lot of architects/artists/poets/writers used to do it a lot, and many still do. But what do yout hink about just average normal people wearing only black outside of work?

Is it tryhard and too edgy?

It personally makes me feel nice and protected.
>>
>>9026050

i think it looks cool but it definitely causes people to judge you differently
>>
>>9026050
it's just easier to style yourself in black
there can be a lot of effort behind an outfit, but in general you can get away with just throwing things on when wearing all black
>>
black protects me very much and I'm grateful for it. I would have a lot less if I didn't have the few black items I sometimes wear.
>>
Sometimes I wear all black, usually I don't. I generally only wear all black or close to all black when I really don't feel like putting together a fit.
>>
>>9026054
This is so true. You are way less approachable when you wear all black.

While wearing all black I've never had anyone initiate conversations with me during lectures and when I initiate one with them I can tell whoever I'm talking to is a bit surprised. Throw on some random colour however (like a red plaid shirt with the usual black denim and footwear), and no such incidences ever occur.

It really is a bizarre feeling.
>>
When you wear all black every day like I do then people assume you're an asshole. People are really surprised when they find out I'm actually pretty friendly and 'down to earth' or whatever.

I think.
>>
>>9026062
I find you can get away with wearing the same outfit multiple times easier if you're wearing all black. Plenty of girls I know agree as well.
>>
>>9026768
>>9026062

I should add though that I don't necessarily agree that it's easier to style yourself well in all black (or any other single colour). I'd argue that it's much harder since you miss out on an entire dimension of your fit (colour) and thus, need to focus more on other dimensions (such as silhouette, etc)
>>
>>9026709
>or whatever
that disinterest

fucking asshole
>>
File: Hamilton2.jpg (2MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Hamilton2.jpg
2MB, 3456x2304px
I took a shitty photo that reminds me off OP.
>>
>>9026777
a colorful outfit still has to take silhouette and texture into consideration, though
>>
>>9026856

That's exactly my point. If you have the option of different colours you can focus less on other factors. When no such option is available you're kind of forced to compensate through other means.

Of course a truly amazing fit will focus on everything but I'm talking decent fits in general.
>>
>>9026690
I've had the same experience and it's weird as hell. It's like normally I'm wearing an invisibility cloak but as soon as I wear even earth toned colors I get people coming up to me that normally never would.

I wonder if any studies have been done on why that is, but there's definitely something instinctual with people and avoiding the color black.
>>
I live in a tropical country where only december and January have coldweather, so when i see a person wearing all black I think they're trying too hard.
>>
If the choices you make in the color of your clothing comes together harmoniously where every part or item actually serves an overall purpose that can only be achieved if it is black then yeah cool

but nowadays the concept of >all black has become so standardized, widespread, and reduced to nothing but the color coordination itself, and i see way too many people wearing many individual black items of clothing just for the sake of "doing the all black thing" when other colors would actually make the outfit look way better, it looks so contrived and when you can sense that, it ceases to be "cool"
>>
for a long time all i wore was black and grey, not out of necessity but fervor

recently, more creams, olives and bloods.
still have a lot of black.
>>
>>9026880
People are wary of you when you wear all black because regular people don't dress that way
That's literally all there is to it, they're just not used to seeing people dressed that way
You guys sound like you believe yourselves to be such special examples and are over analyzing or falsely assuming people give that much of a shit about you for them to think anything other than "why is this guy dressed all black head to toe what a weirdo"
>>
>>9026900
What a simpleton...
>>
>>9026906
Want to actually expand on your sophisticated, complicated opinions on the matter? I'd love to hear
>>
>>9026908
You seriously are a fucktard. Not even that guy. Go be an edgelord elsewhere count chocula.
>>
>>9026911
How is any of what I said edgy? If anything, it's the anons who think it's SUCH a mystery that dressing unconventionally = less approachability.

>Not even that guy

yeah whether 1 retard or 2 retards disagree with me matters so much to me thanks for clarifying

Nice memes too!
>>
>>9026911
he's right though.
for a lot of people, people gowned in exclusively black is unusual.
historically; where else do you see people clothed in black? and why?

if people are concerned with how they appear to the other robing around in black probably isn't the move.
>>
>>9026050
Its in no way edgy
Some people don't suit all black though, especially those with rounder bodies
>>
>>9026921
The nigga just wanted to be a country rock star and you base your aesthetic on his forced work clothes.
>>
File: 1367414300786.png (16KB, 143x198px) Image search: [Google]
1367414300786.png
16KB, 143x198px
>Put together black outfit
>One black piece has a slightly reddish hue
>mfw
>>
>>9026828
Oh hey this is cool
>>
>>9026929
good for him.
>>
>>9026050
There's something abstract and eternal about all black, as an artist I'm drawn towards black clothing as a reflection of my obsession with voids and nihilism. There's also a very powerful almost fascistic elemental to an all black outfit, It can feel very self liberating to dress in all black.
>>
surprised no one's posted yohji's quote on all black outfits
>>
>tfw Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold ruined black for normal people
>tfw can't wear all black with my naturally-sad-looking face because I look like a cunting school shooter
Thanks Trent Reznor
>>
>>9026966
You sound like you could strip the chrome off a trailer hitch
>>
If the choices you make in the color of your clothing comes together harmoniously where every part or item actually serves an overall purpose that can only be achieved if it is black then yeah cool

but nowadays the concept of >all black has become so standardized, widespread, and reduced to nothing but the color coordination itself, and i see way too many people wearing many individual black items of clothing just for the sake of "doing the all black thing" when other colors would actually make the outfit look way better, it looks so contrived and when you can sense that, it ceases to be "cool"
>>
>>9026890
>>9026978
?
>>
>>9026973

black tumblr edgy all black fashion blog mysterious edge - yoshi yamumeti
>>
>>9026986
basically
>>
File: 0016_yohji-yamamoto.jpg (73KB, 640x410px) Image search: [Google]
0016_yohji-yamamoto.jpg
73KB, 640x410px
>>9026973

“Black is modest and arrogant at the same time but most of all black says it's a funeral for everyone I'm styling on.”
- Yohji Yamamoto
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.