[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question! Where to cop avant-garde dadcore for men that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 18

Serious question!

Where to cop avant-garde dadcore for men that would not make me look like clown from sz? I have degree in music, but I am not supposed to wear blacktie to every event or recital, mine or somebody's else.
I actually know a lot of designers that do female version of this, pic related, for example.

Also, I still don't know, if there is a golden middle between classic black derby/oxford and average high-fashion footwear label like Guidi.
>>
>>9000594
margiela is the answer
>>
File: thom browne.jpg (903KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
thom browne.jpg
903KB, 2000x3000px
thom browne
>>
File: ss15.jpg (391KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ss15.jpg
391KB, 800x1200px
>>9000603
>>9000602
I considered that, but they are more fashion as art instead of fashion as something you would wear right from runway. Also, Thom Browne and, for example, black fleece are not quite what I would like to wear, cause those are too simple.

And yes, I like Rick FW11 Limo, while that stuff is not simple yet not very... "academical".
>>
I also like Dries van Noten, but he fails at the point of "strictness" which comes from blacktie.
>>
>>9000653
so basically you still want normal men's warehouse clothing but you want the cachet of a designer name
how about you stop wasting everyone's time and grab a j crew suit or something
>>
>>9000669
No, I want something original like I showed in op-post. Don't you imply a girl can get something even slightly similar to that from JCrew?

>wasting time
oh please, so sorry.
>>
File: rick.png (113KB, 315x496px) Image search: [Google]
rick.png
113KB, 315x496px
>>9000603
>>
File: VW.jpg (299KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
VW.jpg
299KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>9000695
I seriously hope you're joking.
>>
File: 119.jpg (140KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
119.jpg
140KB, 600x1200px
>>
File: 11.png (641KB, 510x849px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
641KB, 510x849px
>>9000722
And again, I have seen that already many times, and female version is nothing even slightly related to my op-pic.
>>
>>9000733
>symmetrical with asymmetrical details
>not even slightly related to op's pic
>>
>>9000746
You still get what I mean.
>>
>>9000751
Thing is, others don't get what you mean. Not clarifying is your fault.
>>
Schneider/Dries/TB/Raf/MMM/Helmut/Jil
>>
>>9000778
Why would they want to express their opinion on a subject they are not acknowledged if they fail to understand simple statements which has no unnecessary words? It is not my fault term "avant-garde" in minds of most posters here is described like some drapey black extra-length clothing with chunky boots and a hood, bonus points if on an aznqt(tm).

Well, I will follow up with a few more pictures of what I would like to find in male equivalent.
>>
File: fall-2013_28.jpg (333KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
fall-2013_28.jpg
333KB, 750x1125px
[1/3]

>>9000792
Schneider is boring. As mentioned above I like Dries and own some pieces. Raf is only good if old. MMM is not that. I have no personal appeal to Helmut. And yet I also like Jil, both new and old.
I really want to find something less common than all those.
>>
>>9000798
>Well, I will follow up with a few more pictures of what I would like to find in male equivalent.
Good boy.
>>
>>9000751
No you're a moron for thinking you can just buy every piece off a runway outfit and throw it on with no thought.
Your basis for this attitude is one picture of a model.
>>
File: ss knit cardigan.jpg (74KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
ss knit cardigan.jpg
74KB, 338x450px
>>9000814
>Schneider is boring
>Likes Dries who has built his entire careerer on just rehashing the same shit
>Likes Jil who also does the same
?????????????????????????
>>
>>
File: 2.png (642KB, 501x752px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
642KB, 501x752px
[2/3]

>>9000825
Doing something all over and over again makes good results sometimes and is called consistency. And yes, I can argue on that (yet would not like), but old Jil is not current Jil.
>>
File: merinoo.jpg (121KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
merinoo.jpg
121KB, 1000x1000px
>>9000841
Consistency (Schneider for example always having a strong textile game)=/= rehashing (Dries spamming his floral prints every day of the year)
Still like Dries though.
>>
[3/3] Yet it is one of a kind in that collection.

>>9000833
Yohji along with Thom and Margiela are first to come in mind, and I am not really fond of.
Inb4 someone posts Demeulemeester and McQueen and this thread would have all the "mematic" designers.
>>
File: peir wu.jpg (338KB, 1200x717px) Image search: [Google]
peir wu.jpg
338KB, 1200x717px
>>9000853
Every suggestion in the thread has been perfectly valid so far and you've posted pics from other "common" designers so stop with this wannabe patrician tone you faggot.
Anyway check out Peir Wu.
>>
>>9000846
>spamming floral every day of the year
But just every day of half of a year, ss14, you gotta check his old collections. Prints are cool, so why not?
>that coat
I don't see any interesting detail (it is nice in general), that I may not see on any other designer or not-designer coat, that is why I find it boring. We may argue on that too, but this thread is not really about whose designer's dick has strongest textile game.
>>
File: What-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg (64KB, 540x739px) Image search: [Google]
What-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg
64KB, 540x739px
>>9000594

>avant-garde dadcore
>>
File: schneider scarf.jpg (142KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
schneider scarf.jpg
142KB, 900x600px
>>9000873
Subtlety is an art form anon. How can you not find beautiful and intricately designed textiles avant-garde yet Dries's regurgitated prints are suddenly cutting edge?
>I don't see any interesting detail
Just seems to me that you're desperate to appear like a special snowflake instead of actually being interested in fashion itself. For shame anon , for shame.
Oh inb4 get off Schneider's dick , just using him as a medium to articulate my thoughts on you clamoring for attention.
>>
File: WEB19_MG_2444OK[1].jpg (77KB, 283x425px) Image search: [Google]
WEB19_MG_2444OK[1].jpg
77KB, 283x425px
[4/3] Also Qiuhao

>>9000868
>Peir Wu
Took note on that, thank you. Dont like your very pic, but others on his site seem nice and has that extra detailing I've been aiming for.
>>9000877
It is what it is.
>>9000895
I just don't want to wear black tie or "GQ"-menswear, that's it, and it came to I know a lot of example in women's fashion, yet very few for men. No need to be pretentious for both of us, yet when you decide to dress in designer clothing, you're a bit of a snowflake compared to people that surround you, isn't it?
>>
>>9000917
>his
Could at least wiki her dude
>No need to be pretentious for both of us, yet when you decide to dress in designer clothing, you're a bit of a snowflake compared to people that surround you, isn't it?
Being a snowflake to factors out of your control =/= Desperately trying to be one and ending up as a piss soaked snowman
Just wear clothing you like that has all the details you like instead of trying to catch shreds of the avant-garde from people that try to loosely define it and you'll be fine.
Try Siki Im and Walter Van Beirendonck as well.
>>
>>9000917

avant-garde, in so far as its definition as innovative and dadcore, being defined as stodgy and conservative, are diametrically opposed.

you seem to throw buzzwords and 'cores' around without understanding what the fuck they actually mean. typical fuccboi.
>>
>>9000935
>her
My bad.
The problem is I like those small details, but don't know where to get them. Also, looked closer to Peir Wu, not very much to be honest, but liked those tuxedo-like jackets from last collection. Now checking Beirendonck and Siki.
>>
>>9000971
Lemme know what you think. There's always Bless , Lemaire , Kane , Vibskov and to an extent Ervell although he might be too "boring" for you.
>>
File: limo.png (479KB, 437x658px) Image search: [Google]
limo.png
479KB, 437x658px
>>9001027
Checked both.
So, Siki is interesting, yet their style varies from season to season. Was not familiar with Beirendonck except I knew he is part of Antwerp six, but I guess he is more of pop-art?
Now gotta check Kane, Bless and Vibskov. Lemaire does boring male stuff too, I actually posted one of his female things ITT, you may see above.

Also, as this thread goes, I can describe what I want to see a bit more - a fit, that is acceptable in front of a grandpiano in a chamber music hall for 21 century, but that would not fall under "basic, yet superior".
I can imagine seeing
>>9000603
>>9000833
and my picrelated (at most, in a very-very chamber music hall). Rick lacks that consistency too.
>>
>>9001027
Checked those, they are definitely not what I am looking for, how come you would think they are. It appeared those are designers I usually try to ignore on my mailing lists.
>>
>>9001102
>>9001145
Basic yet superior is an absolutely atrocious amalgamation of aspects and traits. Honestly it just sounds like you're striving for an ideal that doesn't exist and it reeks and exudes insecurity and numerous other armchair psychology labels that I lack the will to lazily throw at you.
I rec'd those brands because I assumed you would have the necessary knowledge and insight to you find pieces from a range of designers that when combined could help you build this non-existent and if you excuse the pun , scantily clad utopia that you've failed at building.
Guess I was wrong and it looks like you're just another poser who doesn't actually care for or have the slightest bit of passion for the fashion.
>>
>>9001167
>Honestly it just sounds like you're striving for an ideal that doesn't exist
Maybe.
>you're just another poser
I really don't want to be a poser, don't be disappointed in me. But I guess with my attitude I currently am. What I don't like that those collections (and pieces, obviously) you have introduced to me have no following support, not that many designers do slightly different = very similar pieces from season to season, unless it is a diffusion line. So time passes, pieces become unavailable and you spend time on finding something similar.
And I can clearly see the continuation of the things established several years ago from female designers in pictures I posted (Lemaire, Qiuhao, Colangelo). You can expect them not to give up on their style when new collection is released.
>>
>>9001230
Designers always do something different but it can be hard to see the underlying consistent style they entomb in their work if you're not familiar with them which is what I think has happened here. Stop glancing over them and delve into them instead and you'll find what you're looking for.
But yeah I can't really help you until you both narrow your scope and expand your perception of design in general because you seem caught up in a net right now that has limited your field of view and doomed to you grab at the dreams trapped in your peripheral vision.
Break the net anon.
Tear it apart and reconstruct its frayed edges into the garment you desire and deserve.
>>
>>9001272
P.s buy a pair of Guidi 992. You wont regret it.
>>
>>9001285
>>9001272
Thank you for your imput, well, I guess, the designer I want to represent on me does not really exist.
I will bump this thread in several hours, just to get opinions from another half of the planet. Btw, what powerhour is now? Opinions really differ in different time zones.
>>
>>9001308
It's now USA time but I live in the UK.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.