[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a brand?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I saw some guy post about this yesterday. I want to start my own brand too. I don't care about money or fame. I have a lot of ideas and i just want my creative vision put to use. Just seing people in my creations seems rewarding enough. Any one got any real info or insights? I am mostly curious about selecting manufactures, how much money ill need to start, and stuff of that nature. I have ideas basically but need someone to execute as i myself am relatively unskilled at sewing and especially producing a shit ton of pieces if needed.

pic slightly related. something i plan to do my own take on as it is one of my favorite pieces. I was thinking double layered pants that created even more stacks and crinkling.
>>
go study
>>
>>8880977
Without some serious knowledge on fashion no one will work with you. You won't be able to articulate what your trying to design at all. Even if you could create a drawing of exactly what you want which I'm assuming you can't do it would never turn out the same. Everyone would love to create their own brands trust me I've thought about it a lot, but even kids graduating from Antwerp which is probably one of the best connected schools out there rarely start their own brands right after they graduate. It just seems like something many people want to design but think that their thoughts and ideas alone will be able to draft the pieces, select fabric, find seamstresses etc. I said this for the other guy but I would really caution you against starting your own brand unless you have some serious knowledge of design under your belt.
>>
>>8880977
>want to start a brand
>dress in all black

fucking /fa/ has really gone to shit lately
>>
>>8880993

also, how old are you kid..?
>>
>>8880977
>I was thinking double layered pants that created even more stacks and crinkling.
ok..that's a really uninspired dead horse that doesn't work, and doesn't need another beating. Honestly it's incredibly arrogant to look to make your own brand without any kind of knowledge or expertise. If you are serious you need to study and hone your craft, but you're likely just another self entitled prick.
>>
http://www.businessoffashion.com/2014/06/kris-van-assche-says-do-what-you-are-good-at-krisvanassche-dior-homme.html

This is an enjoyable piece about KvA and how he started out.

Which basically underlines this post:
>>8881001
>>
>>8880977
w2c these boots or similar?
>>
>>8881026
julius guidi etc
>>
>>8881021
thanks good read.
>>
>>8881037
thanks
>>
>>8881026
Might be completely wrong here but they look like Carpe to me. Otherwise A1923, Guidi, Vaz Rajam.
>>
fashion school student here
honestly what you want to do is not own a company, but rather design
do what >>8880993 said
study fashion design
get internships
what you want to do is be a creative director
>>
and thus a new BBS faggotspawn is created
sage
>>
>>8881744
Yeah as if there weren't enough this kiddo comes in thinking he's got some original ideas. Actually laughing at you OP do you really think you're the first one to think of this?
>>
>>8881744
>>8881793
i get the feel you are jealous brush
this nigga bout live your dream
your to afraid too try and for that you will help someone achieve there dream instead of achieving your own fagg
>>
homeboy makes some pants with his decades of experience, thousands of dollars of tools, 5 years in fashion school, and top quality textiles

and u think u can just head to "the fabric store" to make double layer pants "that created even more stacks and crinkling" on ur moms 30 year old made in china sewing machine with no experience

fucking hell you kids are retarded
>>
>>8882126
so much this
>>
>>8880977
Register your brand.
Make some shit.
Sell said shit on your website.
SHILL SHILL SHILL
>>
>>8882126
i said i was hiring manufactures u dumb cunt
same as rick does
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.