[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is RO quality still dropping? I heard he's switched to YKK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1393781544283.jpg (29KB, 647x561px) Image search: [Google]
1393781544283.jpg
29KB, 647x561px
Is RO quality still dropping? I heard he's switched to YKK zippers for FW14, any truth to that?
>>
>>8880573
>Rick quality dropping

Source? You hear this shit around about everything, even when it's demonstrably untrue. I haven't been around/handling garments long enough to speak to any changes over time, but every Rick piece I've handled has seemed superb.

>switched to YKK zippers

Dunno, but I wouldn't be worried about it. Both companies have such a huge range of products and equivalent knowhow that knowing the brand doesn't tell you so much.

(For general background, Rick has historically used Riri zippers; Riri is Swiss and has one of those Swiss reputations, whereas YKK is the world's largest zipper company, Japanese, and can be found at both Wal-Mart and high end boutiques. You could say Riri is Schoeller and YKK is Toray, or less precisely Riri is Apple and YKK is Samsung/Lenovo.)
>>
>>8880643
He's moved part of his production to cheaper countries like Moldova. And Rick is known for Raccagni zippers, not Riri.
>>
He wants to increase supply and cut costs. He knows he can make a lot more money so hes gonna get it.
>>
>>8880715
>Raccagni

Really? I've always heard Riri and not paid much attention when I was looking. Good to know.

I've heard about the factory moves, but that also doesn't mean anything. There's great factories in China and horrible ones in Italy. Is there anything people can point to about the stuff coming out of Moldova that's below standard?
>>
>>8880793
He was getting great quality products in Italy. There's only one reason why he would move production and that's to cut costs.
>>
>>8880846
He's also done production in Portugal.

It's almost certainly cost driven, but that doesn't mean the quality is going to go down. Hell, he could be cutting labor costs so he can drive material quality up. Unlikely for a bunch of reasons, but cheaper labor isn't always worse labor.
>>
>>8880864
Let's not be naive here, if a factory in Moldova could compete on the quality the price would be the same as a factory in Italy. Why would they take a smaller price for a better job?
>>
OP here, has no one bought anything from Moody? I just wanna know about the zippers...

;_;
>>
>>8880573
I've seen this picture listed before, but is the caption his actual words?
>>
>>8880969
You can presumably pay Moldovans a pittance compared to Itais
>>
>>8880573
>thinking rick would compromise quality
the dude doesn't use veined marble, you think he'd care about his profit margin that much he seems perfectly fine with where he is financially. never came off as greedy
>>
>>8880969
Becuase Moldova is literally the poorest country in Europe. Shit enough money from out of country to build a factory to whatever standard you want and pack it with people who need and will/must take less and you achieve significant cost savings without changing the product.

Moldova's GDP per capita is $3,800 and Italy's is $29,600.
>>
>>8881133
No. Rick Owens doesn't have kids.

>>8881070
Ask a good boutique with a webstore. They'll tell you.
>>
>>8880573
He's aware his aesthetic is mainstream now, he's trying to mass produce.

Look for Owens x Target fall 2015
>>
>>8881133
no, it's something some gothninja guy posted on SZ lol
>>
>>8881178

YKK on shoes, Raccagni on everything else.
>>
Lol Moldova Rick.

Enjoy your tuberculosisbaskets.
>>
>>8881904
what a fucking bummer.
>>
>>8881909

YKK makes a TON of stuff. Just because most brands use their cheap zippers doesn't mean everything they make is bad. The large-gauge stuff, the all metal stuff, the hand-polished Excella stuff—still plenty of good products. On top of that a ton of techy brands are reliant on YKK For ranges like AquaGuard and whatnot. Judge the product, not the hype.
>>
>>8881904
a lot of his pieces uses ykk now, not just his shoes.

The YKK zips are trash compared to his old Raccagni ones.
>>
>>8881925

Exactly. My Guidis have YKK excella zippers with the guidi logo engraved etc and seem to be great quality so far. Although I also fell in love with the chunkiness of the raccagni zipper on my plinth Geos.
>>
>>8881925
this.
you're a fucking buttblasted sperg if you think Rick is going to use any of the shitty YKK zippers for his products.
>>
>>8880573
>>8880643
>>8880793
>>8881070
>>8881178
>>8881904
>>8881927

He switched to YKK last season, actually. Only the DRKSHDW (ironically) still has Raccagni.

Fascist that's the first time I've seen you wrong about this stuff - if there are any mainline Vicious or Moody pieces without YKK zips it's news to me. I owned the Vicious biker for a day but was so turned off by the YKK I returned it.
>>
File: meandmywitch.jpg (37KB, 307x279px) Image search: [Google]
meandmywitch.jpg
37KB, 307x279px
>>8880573
the zippers works fine.
but
please
rick
change back to the old zipper pullers
pls rick
i cant take it
>>
>>8882387
You're right, my shoes-formerly-known-as-Ramones from last season use YKK.
>>
>buying rick owens
>ever

Who is still that authistic?
>>
I forced a 6'4 to wear a womens sz 46 leather jacket and he ripped the torso from the arm scythe.
Probably our fault but "muh quality"

we continued wear the rest of the stock before leaving the 1.5k in it's distended state on the rack.
>>
>>8883596
On my way home today I saw two pairs of rickidas and a guy fully decked in rick (white geos included)
lot's of people is the answer.
>>
>>8880715
whats being made in Moldova?
I thought the whole thing about his company was that he wanted to keep it vertically integrated.
I know Slab was produced in Portugal
>>
Do you people actually think this stuff is good?

I just looked on his website and he's charging like £3k for shit like a male dress. It looks ridiculous.

You can get this nice ISIS keffiyeh/Darth Vader helmet for the low low price of £500 though.
>>
>>8884258
>keffiyeh/darth vader helmet
thats a doo rag breh
c'mon
>>
>>8880715
http://www.complex.com/style/2012/09/the-10-most-overrated-clothing-details/vibram-soles
Rick used to use RiRi

I have a pair with RY zippers

Of all my zippers I prefer the YKK ones, specifically on Yohji and Comme pieces.
>>
>>8884331

Ry is Raccagni.
>>
>>8883651
underrated post
>>
>>8884331

I don't ever recall seeing Riri on any of my older stuff. Do you have an item/season to reference?
>>
>>8884225

Slab was a license/partnerhsip and what I remember was that it was done in the US. Don't remember anything about Portugal given that Guez was a guy who made his name with US denim brands.

Moldova is a couple of leather/shearling pieces. Not everything, but a couple of styles.
>>
>>8885760
My item is from Creatch and features RY.

I don't but googling says it happened.
>>
>>8885805

>>8885351

"Raccagni zippers is a modification of an old RY zippers. Same company, same material, same build, new logo." -Shuit
>>
is it really even an economic decision? both drkshdw and lillies lines still uses the old zippers.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.