[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is you, /fa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: i-am-a-hero-1638072.jpg (535KB, 1525x1124px) Image search: [Google]
i-am-a-hero-1638072.jpg
535KB, 1525x1124px
This is you, /fa/
>>
>>8852351
is this the manga where the mc gets a haircut to look like the guy from taxi driver?
>>
>telling strangers who they are based on generalizations
I usually spend <$5 on tshirts and <$30 on jeans. I've found my own style in a way and what fits me well so I haven't bought much clothing for a while.
>>
>watermark

fuck outta here with that shit.
>>
>>8852351
Just today, I was standing killing time before work at a mall, and I thought to myself

>I'm wearing over $400 right now

Not quite 100,000 yen but I was kind of surprised. I'm totally a narcissist though, it makes sense.
>>
>>8852351
>100,000 yen outfit
>Expensive
Fuck outta here with this pleb shit
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 905x905px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 905x905px
>>8852439
>sitting in lecture hall
>$5K fit on
>everyone having a good time, laughing, flirting; probably copped their shit at the mall for ~$100
>mfw
>>
my shoes cost more than this plebs outfit.
>>
>>8852511
$1000 USD shoes?!
Nigga?!
>>
>>8852564
it could be anything from CCP to rick or even high end menswear shoes
>>
>>8852360
No but it's from the same guy. This one has zombies.
>>
>>8852494
>>8852507
>>8852511
>>8852580

You're not proving him wrong, /fa/.
>>
>>8852583
any good?
>>
>>8852439
How can you wear shoes and a jacket and not be getting close to $400?
>>
>>8852507
Srs? What were you wearing?
>>
>>8852586
Because he's not. Denial isn't /fa/ anyway
>>
File: stalinDM2109_468x551.jpg.jpg (46KB, 468x551px) Image search: [Google]
stalinDM2109_468x551.jpg.jpg
46KB, 468x551px
>>8852351
>tfw net worth of outfit somehow equals /fa/
>>
>>8852593
Burberry Prorsum jacket, Saint Laurent jeans and tee, John Varvatos boots. Very inoffensive fit, blacks, greys, and whites, just all high quality stuff. I feel somewhat out of place, like I should be doing something else, either artistically or making money some other way and not bullshitting my way through university, but my parents won't let me NOT get a degree.. The least I can do is finish and get a high paying 9 to 5..
>>
It used to be, but then I stopped being a judgemental asshole
>>
>>8852351
>doller
hehe
danner's big in japan huh
>>
alright, my current gear

jacket - $400 (got it on sale for 130)
boots - $400
pants - $50
shirt - $40
belt - $15
hat - $100

just barely broke 1k

phew
>>
>>8852623

So your parents payed for your $5k fit?

Just sayin, I'd personally feel very inauthentic and like a slimeball leech if I made my parents drop that kind of dosh on clothes, regardless of our family's social standing.
>>
some of my fits cost less than $50 head to toe
should i kill myself /fa/?
>>
>>8852623
you're a slug lol
>my parents won't let me NOT get a degree
you clearly aren't adept to doing something artistic or exciting if you're clinging to your parents
>>
>>8853900
not him, but my parents give me an allowance of X dollars per two weeks to be spent however I want, whether it's on clothes, video games, beer, whatever. If I want expensive clothes I save up. It's hardly the same as asking my parents to buy me expensive clothes.
>>
what manga is this
>>
>>8853942
I'm a Hero
>>
>>8852587
Very good
>>
File: 1411248710314.jpg (32KB, 652x408px) Image search: [Google]
1411248710314.jpg
32KB, 652x408px
I buy loads of expensive stuff and still wear mostly cheap shit
>>
>>8853923
>allowance
Nigga if the money dodn't directly come from you it is the same as asking.
>>
>>8854484
ok dude bro you're so cool you make your money and you pay for yourself like a real man *tips fedora bought on hard-earned money which I earned by honest work MYSELF*
>>
>>8854488
Being a leech is not /fa/ just saying. No need to get up in arms about it.
>>
>>8854497
>a leech

do I have to work full-time and pay for uni, accomodation (studying abroad), food, clothes, etc? I'm 18 ffs.

>inb4 I'M 18 I WORK AT WALMART AND SUPPORT MYSELF THROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE YEEE like a REAL MAN!
>>
File: 1409481931551.jpg (27KB, 340x399px) Image search: [Google]
1409481931551.jpg
27KB, 340x399px
>>8853881
>hat
>>
100k yen is barely 1000 USD. I wear that daily wherever I go.

>Gucci belt, ~$380
>Bespoke suit, ~$1000
>Thomas Sabo watch, $600
>Bespoke shirt, $100
>Designer underwear
>Yves Saint Laurent shoes, $900

And this is not even high tier.
>>
>>8854527

No but you're still copping expensive clothes clothes on your mom and dad's budget. It's cool if your parents are investing your education and living expenses, but if you're walking around in SLP and shit on your parent's dollars you just look like a twat.
>>
>>8854581
>clothes clothes

don't know how this happened
>>
>>8854488
you literally live off your parents, no amount of damage control is getting past that
>>
>>8854581
but if we're presuming his parents have the money to support him for all "important" facets of life, such as education and living, and then more to simply give to spend freely, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with him spending that money on clothing regardless of whether or not he "earned" that money himself.

All you're basically telling him to do is throw away his money because he's not spending right, and its not coming from the "correct" source. But even that idea of parents being an "incorrect" source of funding is a purely lower-income notion. Relatively few above a 150k family income, especially those of gen 2+ in that economic bracket, actually give a shit about whose money "it is". Money is money, and its importance isn't in that you have it or where it comes from. The only value money has is on what you buy with it.

There is really no reason this anon should be ashamed of spending his money on clothes, except in matters relating to his likely poor taste.
>>
>>8854646
I'm not that first anon by the way. And I agree with you, there's only problem with that if it's too expensive relatively to my parents' income/my allowance, which it luckily isnt.
>>
>>8852623
why are your parents wasting their hard-earned cash on letting you inflate your ego with expensive clothing when they're putting you through college? why do you need that shit? college already costs an arm and a leg you still choose to extort your parents just because you wanna look good? you're fucked once you're out of college and on your own. the only way you're getting money after college is if you kill your parents and get the inheritance.
>>
>>8854579
>gucci belt
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>8854688
>college already costs an arm and a leg
relatively
$1,000 isn't the same to a man with $10,000 as it is to a man with $100

how does /fa/ not understand how money works

such a stupid fucking conversation smh
>>
BR hoodie $25 on sale
viscose t $10 on sale
levi's $50
converse knock offs $45
spray paint for shoes $4

>basicbitch.jpg
>>
Used Volcom jeans $5
Generic green tee, apparently brandless $.99
Fruit of the loom undies $2
Barefoot

I like trying to pull off good looking poor
>>
>>8854688
>the only way you're getting money after college is if you kill your parents and get the inheritance
>>
>>8854722
well the kid is obviously a spoiled shit, there's no way in hell he's going anywhere once daddy cuts off the free money supply
>>
If i was trying hard to make an expensive outfit from my wardrobe it would be something like this.

Beanie $150
Coat $1600
Scarf $500
Jumper $350
T shirt $250
Pants $1000
Boots $1500
>>
>>8854646
>All you're basically telling him to do is throw away his money because he's not spending right, and its not coming from the "correct" source

No I'm not. I'm talking about differing values. I personally wouldn't walk around in designer/luxury clothing if it was bought by my parents because a lot of people (myself included) would have disdain for you. Since wearing expensive clothes your parents dime shows that you're prioritizing an expensive hobby over your own pursuit of being independent and self-sufficient.

Basically, I believe strongly in delayed gratification.
>>
File: image.jpg (232KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232KB, 640x960px
>>8852351
i wish this was me
>>
£25 Feiyue shoes
£45 Maharishi trousers on sale
£1.50 White t-shirt
£7 Hoodie

My friend recently bought a Money jacket, £145. My whole fit is cheaper than his one jacket and it works just as well.
>>
>>8854754
>tfw this wasnt me
>then it was
>then it wasnt again

and with her left a tiny bit of my soul

or maybe a chunk
>>
>>8854579

>Bespoke suit, ~$1000

Let me guess, Vietnam?
4 yards of quality fabric at your tailor will be a 1000 bucks already.
>>
>>8854747
well
presuming you have your education and your living expenses, to what you consider to be fair, covered

what would you be spending your parent's hard earned cash given to you in the form of an allowance

or, since I think this your answer, after your refusal of an allowance, what would your parents be spending their excess hard earned cash on;
and more importantly, will they be spending it more, or less, productively, practically or "intellectually", than either you or the anon in question? (who spends his "allowance" on fashionable clothing)

This is of course a continuation of my previous statement; Money itself doesn't matter. It's what you buy with it that does.

And on a side note, I think its fair to presume that, if the anon has taste, whatever luxury items he would be wearing in the public arena would not be immediately recognized for their retail value. He might wear $4000 dollars worth of clothing, but as a tasteful man, his peers would simply see him as a well-dressed man spending a similar amount of money as they had (and maybe they'll think, he's simply spent his money better than they did). Because, obviously, the tasteful man who recognizes context does not wear a monogrammed jacket to announce how much money he's spent, except when it is appropriate to do so.
>>
go to uni
>$600 jacket
>$150 sweater
>$400 shoes
>$80 shirt
>$250 jeans
et
>$300 bag
>$1500 laptop
>$400 phone
>$400 headphones
>$300 watch
>realise you should probably cop insurance for your edc
>>
I think my most expensive fit would be
Refrigue bomber - €210
Cashmere scarf from a local supplier in Scotland - €30
Polo Ralph Lauren sweater - €170
Burberry Brit shirt - €150
Belstaff belt - €80
Naked & Famous jeans - €150
Saint Laurent Paris chelseas - €600
>inb4 dadcore - priceless
>>
Ugh, holy fuck this thread.

The people whose parents' money provides them with designer wardrobes don't ask their parents for money to buy it. They just get it, and it's probably not even their largest expense category. They run through the money on whatever they want, like it was their own. For them and for their parents, there's always more where it came from.

Which is fine, in a lot of ways. Like the other guy is saying, it's just money. It has no inherent value and says nothing about yours.

That said, there's also a lot to be said about independence, earning things besides money, the corrosive and asphyxiating nature of bourgeois life, etc. etc.

But there's multiple kinds of dependence. Who's more independent, the guy who black cars up to Connecticut once a week and has enough family wealth in his name that cash is never a logistical obstacle? Or the guy working 80 precarious hours just to stay alive?

Capitalism chokes everyone and we have to carve out some kind of self-determination and individual flourishing inside it. None of us know what we're doing and contempt is seldom useful.

And financial decisions are almost never just about money. They're about deeper needs - even paying the pills is bottom-line conatus, the need to continue to be. And for someone raised into the moneyed class, asking them to abandon who they are is pointless. It's a nonsensical request, unless it's something they need to do for their own sake.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.