[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fa/ do for a living and how much do you get payed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 299
Thread images: 19

File: image%3A.jpg (133KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A.jpg
133KB, 500x750px
What does /fa/ do for a living and how much do you get payed? How can you afford all these clothes?
>>
I'm a delivery driver for Domino's pizza
also just passing through from diy on my way to fit
>>
>>8785119
i am a projectionist at a independent movie theater. min wage.
>>
>>8785119
Living off my inheritance, basically.
Also getting employment support allowance for mental health.
Spending taxpayer's money on shoes feels good.
>>
I work at Banana Republic.

I wear Banana Republic and Gap and am dadcore.
>>
>>8785137
>Projecting
>>
>>8785137
Are you, in fact, Tyler Durden?
>>
>>8785143
>tfw no autismbux
>>
>>8785119
>tfw your parents pay your rent and tuition and any money you make working casually is put toward personal expenditures
>>
>>8785119
I work at a hotel and get payed a little above min wage, but not much. I get a shit ton of hours though.
Ready to graduate and get an engineering position so I've got sufficient cash at my disposal
>inb4 middle class fag
>>
>>8785137
minus the minwage, that actually seems like an alright job? do you like it?
>>
>>8785119
Student. I make a shit ton from summer internships. I kind of have to coast during the year though...
>>
>>8785137
It's nice to know there's still work for projectionists somewhere. Seems like more an more of them are getting laid off and replaced with machines that don't know when to turn the lights off in a fucking theatre.
>>
>>8785174
>>8785143
>>8785185

cowards
>>
>>8785221
>being mad that youre poor
>>
>19yo professional gamer
>never go outside
>no friends except for online
>no girlfriend ever
>kissless hugless handholdless virgin

In other words, I can afford all these clothes because I have nothing else to spend my money on
>>
business student, notary public, administrative assistant at a financial institution

20/hr as an assistant
~200-300 per signature as a notary, depends on the legal weight of the document
>>
Mobile app developer. $70k. 23 y/o, graduated last December.
>>
i feel like everyone exaggerates everything on /fa/ because they're a bunch of insecure autistic nerds who dont want to admit mom and dad buy their geobaskets lol
>>
File: IMG_20140803_104924918.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140803_104924918.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
DOLLAR TREE CASHIER, GET ON MY LEVEL

spent half of what I made this summer on cloths instead of paying my uni bill.

Im god level atm
Pic is a school supply wevsell, I think its funny
>>
>>8785264
>>8785264
what game
>>
>>8785324
sandstorm - darude
>>
File: 1382342995683.jpg (40KB, 595x483px) Image search: [Google]
1382342995683.jpg
40KB, 595x483px
>>8785119
>payed

Anyway, OP, I'm a full time student at uni but then I work part time at Wal Mart (~32-36 hours/week) during nights. 10pm-7am normally.

Shit sucks, but I get paid over minimum wage and I don't have any expenses, so just lots of cash money dolla bills for sick fits.
>>
used to work at a shady internet store, now am coasting off a shit ton of money my grandma gave me.
>>
Professional Masturbator
>>
>>8785119
Man, I thought you would have figured it by now. Look at the inspo threads and compare to what waywt, look at the watch threads, the wallet threads and compare them to the every day carry. People here are fucking fantasists. Only a few of them actually buy these clothes, and even then a bunch of them are fakes off aliexpress.
>>
Min Wage Dishwashing

It's shit and I smell of foodscraps after every shift. People are nice + Easy part time work.

Pray 4 me to not fuck up university ty
>>
>>8785291

how do you charge 200 per signature as a notary? don't states limit the amount you can charge to like 5 dollars?
>>
I work produce at a huge chain of grocers. I get about $534AUD a week pre-tax for 3 days work.

>lift heavy shit all day
>based Sunday pay
>1hr unpaid break + 30 min paid break a shift
>work in one of the most upscale areas of my city/country, and have not seen a single girl that wasn't a solid 7.

It's pretty gud.
>>
21 year old working as Consultant, get payed way above min wage.

Also, no real education

>tfw builtfat
>buying clothes is a chore
>life is pain
>>
>>8785119
Whiteboy life in Beijing. Top dollar for most shit, just for being white. Already played a italian fashion guy a few times.
>>
>>8785264
I fucking love how every single gamer projects this random and outoging image of themselves online, but are complete sperglords in the real world.

>Gaming is a real sport

Go outside and realise that life isn't meant to be lived in front of a screen.
>>
>>8785537
>life isn't meant to be lived in front of a screen.
That's not what Microsoft told me.

;_;
>>
>>8785522
yeah but $500 aus-tismbux will only buy you like groceries for a day in your country
>>
>>8785119
Theme Park designer
$44k/year. Graduated not long ago. Hope I get paid more soon, but the work is fun and chicks dig it.
>>
>>8785530
explain, this is relevant to my interests
>>
>>8785554
I dont believe u
>>
work at a coffee shop

not starbucks

get paid slightly above min wage

i basically cop basic-core shit, wait for collabs with elite designers, and imitate high end fits with basic core tailoring and combinations
>>
>>8785561
my company does museums, fountains, and other stuff also. we're based in burbank, ca. there's a lot of companies like mine in this area.
>>
>>8785522
how long you been working there? working shit job in bris want that cash life
>>
File: Just float.gif (498KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Just float.gif
498KB, 500x270px
>>8785556
Literally just walk around Beijing and look like you aren't just a tourist, people will come with job offers to you if they spot you. I often just hang out in pubs or cafés alone and someone will walk up to me with a job offer.

If nothings come for a while i'll do a quick thebeijinger daycare english teacher job or something.

It's a great life, you don't need anything but your pale skincolor and somewhat decent looks (I've seen ugly ass people get model jobs here, just for being white.)

The only thing is that you have to be out there, and often can't just sit around in your apartment waiting for jobs to come to you. (Even though sometimes they do.) Seem approachable, and strike up conversations with locals on said bars and cafés.
>>
>>8785594
do i need to learn chinese or are most locals english speaking?
>>
privatised civil servant. sub-minimum wage. I make my clothes.
>>
>>8785597
You don't need it, but just knowing how to introduce yourself and your nationality helps a lot. Also, say n? h?o instead of hello to people. They appreciate that.

Furthermore, when talking to a job provider, adress them by surname and profession. (???? / Di?nwú teacher, so follow their gramatical system on that.)
>>
>>8785617
thanks bro, which chinese should i learn some basics in then, mandarin? sorry for all the questions
>>
>>8785620
Mandarin is what they speak in the major cities, so that would definately be favorable !
>>
>>8785633
thanks for all your wisdom anon
>>
Software developer. Before tax and with my bonus, $65k/yr.

For a 24 year old who has been out of college for a year in a midsize midwest town, it seems like a lot of money. I did statistics so I get to do development in areas that are more related to that, which I enjoy. I think I might go for a PhD though.
>>
>>8785763
Also, for those interested, it's always best to get into personal finance early. When people mention how much they make, that leaves out health care costs, 401(k), other retirement accounts, stock options, etc. I use my company's employee stock purchase plan to get an extra $3k or so in a bad year, I max out my 401(k) match, and I max out my IRA. Additionally, my health savings account usually adds $800 or so per year, $500 of that being from my employer.

My point is that it's best to keep in mind that the numbers people throw out can mean incredibly different things, and there are plenty of ways to optimize your savings so you can retire earlier or wealthier. I can still go on vacations and make plenty of luxury purchases, but I save and invest first. Takes a load off my mind.
>>
electronic musician

~$60k/yr
>>
>>8785792
$60k from music, what

i thought you guys were all poor as fuck or loaded
>>
>>8785394
kek
>>
What shoes are those (Left)?
>>
>>8785797

There's plenty of in-between, especially with electronic music.

Play a lot of shows, have good merch, DJing at clubs- theres a lot of ways to make money with music that are much more profitable than selling albums.
>>
>>8785870
Being able to make a sustainable income off being a musician is the dream tbh. I've legit only played one show and got paid $200, but the buzz u feel after playing, so good
>>
>>8785878

how did you learn ?
i started fl studio (inb4 fl studio tok kek) and im learning music theory, i want to be a hip hop producer
>>
>>8785884
Yeah, like u, started on FL studio, currently use Ableton and been learning basic theory too. I don't really wanna be a hip hop producer, but I just wanna do my own thing.
>>
>>8785870
Don't you worry about how much money you'll make from it down the line? Is the plan to do other things in the music industry?
>>
>>8785792
Porter Robinson?
>>
>>8785996
Porter Robinson probably makes way more than 60K a year

I'd be interested to know abt this guy tho. I assume he's well established.
>>
In Denmark, you get paid for studying. If you work part-time along your studies, you're basically rich. Even with the high taxes and equally high cost of living.

Well maybe not rich, but you can easily make it on your own without any savings when going into it. And still be rather /fa/.
>>
>>8785291
$20/hr as an AA?

Fuck I make $11 at a law office. It's enough for my lifestyle and rent, but it would be nice to make more
>>
>>8785291
Going to have to call bullshit on the notary. You can't charge more than $10.

Anyway, I'm
>30 years old
>still live with parents
>got laid off at beginning of summer
>starting new job $40k job as entry level IT tech in two weeks

Getting laid off at past job made was the best worst thing that could happen to me as I'm more careful of my spending. I plan to save up for a house so I plan to limit my monthly expenses to $500.
>>
full time unemployed
0$/hr with super

get on my level
>>
>>8785394
RF is that you?
>>
>>8785119

work at a bakery for 9 an hour. Live at home currently, so its all gravy
>>
I'm still a student.
I still live at my parents because i've got too much work to have time for a job/live on my own (muh doctor studies).
The few money they give me is spent on clothes because i have nothing else to buy.

>tfw living like a middle shcool kid
>>
work at a kindergarten
>tfw cant wear my siqq fits to swoon the boss´s hot daughter
>kids already ruined one pair of my shoes so nope, never wearing nice clothes there again
>>
>>8787018
>kindergarten
>boss' hot daughter

CALLING THE FBI
>>
>>8787018

>Worl at a kindergarten

damn dude, why would you do that to yourself
>>
>>8785404
w2c hoodie
>>
>>8787024
underrated post
>>
>>8785404
32-36 hours isn't part time. If you're listed as part time and not getting benefits you're getting ripped off.

I work part time for $13 an hour (22-28 hrs/week). My take home pay is typically $350-$425 every two weeks with a $100 bonus every month. Once I pay for gas to drive to work and school and back, plus food every day I save maybe $20 from every paycheck.

No idea how you guys afford even basic shit on your min wage jobs. I haven't been able to afford new clothes for over a year. I'm wearing the shittiest clothes at all times of the day. I probably get made fun of behind my back even though I study tons of designers and try to come up with potentially good fits, I just can't realize them because of how little money I have left over every paycheck.
>>
>>8785264
Such a sad existence.

Don't you ever get fed up on it?
>>
>>8785137
..Are you by any chance referring to Mission Hill?
>>
>>8787327
I thought anything under 40 hours a week is part-time.
>>
>>8787357
There's a legal definition to everything.
>>
>>8785119
i sell propane and propane accessories.
>>
>>8785504
that's not bad. you get the pool of tips?
>>
Bureaucrat for my city's Symphony and Opera (recently combined into one organization). It's pretty great, all my coworkers are cultured. The job is mostly romancing the Old Money. I have to dress pretty menswear though, so I go for Ervell or EG.
>>
>>8785119
i work part-time, live at parents, and state pays uni ;-)
>>
>>8787406
what is this job? it sounds interesting, more details?
>>
Student loans. Yeah, I know how stupid it is to buy expensive stuff for money that basically aren't your own, but I can't help myself. Shopping clothing is one of the few things that make me feel better.
>>
My parents are bretty rich so that's my job at the moment.

I was given 1k yesterday for no reason, u mad?
>>
Started in HR for a petrol company here in my country, 2000€ a month
>tfw boss wins more than 10k a month
>he is hardly ever here
>>
>>8787427
not really, sounds like you don't have much personality beyond materialism
>>
>>8787430
Lol, do you really think you can make that judgement accurately through literally two sentences I wrote on the internet?

I'm probably less materialistic than most people because I've seen exactly how happy these things actually make you.
>>
>>8787461
>bragging about money
>not materialistic

choose one faggot
>>
>>8787467
I'm not so much bragging about the money, more the fact that I have total freedom because I don't have to work.
>>
>>8787422
My department is called Patron Services. We are basically concierges for the VIPs that attend the Symphony or Opera.
We'll do anything from exchange tickets to another night or add more if they have more guests to hiring a driver for their evening and buying them dinner before the show.

Sometimes we'll have to take them out to dinner to try and get them to donate more. We also exchange tickets with businesses, so we get spa days, 5 star meals and other fun things. And tattoos once.

Best job I've ever had.
>>
File: one mercedes coming up.jpg (193KB, 637x917px) Image search: [Google]
one mercedes coming up.jpg
193KB, 637x917px
>>8787467
shhh, shhh dont feed him
>>
>>8785522
500 Aussbux is like 100 dollars.
>>
>>8787519
500 aus-tismbux will just about buy you ramen for a week
>>
>>8787467
>materialistic
>bad
>>
I'm a cashier at Sport Chalet, but I don't really spend any of my paycheck. I get cash from doing yard work for my parents, selling stuff on Craigslist, and birthday and christmas cards. Most of the clothes I buy are in the $50-100 range, and I don't really have any other expenses.
>>
>>8785594

I've read that some corporations in Malaysia/Thailand/Taiwan offer 60k starting jobs to anybody with a bachelor's degree from an American University because we're taught how to be confident and independent and make better leaders. And my friends wonder why I want to leave the US.
>>
>tfw need a four year degree for a japanese work visa even though i could get the actual jobs without one
>>
>>8785150
underrated post
>>
>>8787483

DUDE YOU CANT WEAR LIGHT TEAL AND SALMON SHORTS

>FINE ILL WEAR BABY BLUE AND FADED ROSE

>BRO YOUR SHORTS BETTER NOT MATCH MY RUBY SHIRT
>>
>>8785119
I'm a white boy working bus for near minimum wage in a vietnamese hole in the wall. My boss is a tiger woman and I have no idea what anyone is saying but it pays the bills.
>>
Work at high end bar.

17 an hour + tips

Works kinda inconsistent but it's pretty busy after September.
>>
>>8785497
shit this is depressing
>>
>>8787423
lmao
>>
>>8785119
>be me join chair force at 18
>earn 90k by 23
>most of it goes to child support
>still buy what I want when I want though.

Lmao all you brokebois
>>
>>8790012

lmao
>>
>>8787481
what country
>>
>>8785174
ayy, we're livin' the dream man, poorfags don't know these feels
>>
i work as a line cook in a 1 star michelin restaurant

bitches think it's cool, but because of the shit pay and bad hours it's really not.

>tfw liberal arts major
>>
File: 1391560430865.jpg (33KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
1391560430865.jpg
33KB, 313x313px
>>8785119
trust fund
>>
>>8785119
I suck dick for $5
>>
Nurse somewhere 65k to 72k... feel like i should be gettin paid more but economy sucks. I only spend around $1000 for clothes a year.
>>
>>8787334

its not great, but id rather be a professional gamer with no social life than a physical laborer or desk jockey with no social life
>>
i work a trade, get paid 20 dollars an hour

rent is only 300 a month

im small and skinny, so food is never expensive

i wish i had some friends, though
>>
>>8790331
>rent is only 300 a month

wot

where do you live?
>>
Construction in alaska during the summers, still here actually

I hate my job, life and everything. Income depends on who I work for during the summer and so between 20k - 60k for 3-5 months of work.

All my money goes to rent, booze, gym memberships, trucks and sunglasses
>>
>>8790354
not that guy, but i know people that pay that much for 1 bdrm apartments.

northern indiana btw
>>
>>8790384
thats ridiculous im paying just under a thousand for that

i need to move right now
>>
>>8790391
well yeah, but you wouldn't want to live where i live.

chicago has pretty cheap rent for american cities, i had a decent 1 bdrm for $600
>>
>>8787327
Seriously though how am I ever supposed to cop nice shit with such little money?
>>
>>8785119
Currently receiving unemployment.
I outright own my house and car so my expenses are relatively low.
Plus I knew my job wouldn't last so I saved like a motherfucker.
>pro tip pay all utilities in advance
>>
A CS student at one of the top colleges in the US. Not taking classes this semester because interning, but living on campus because RAing gives me free college housing and free meal plan in the middle of a big city. Collecting all them moneys straight into my pocket. Feels nice to be able to satisfy your /fa/ needs and have money left over
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>>8785174
I know this feel
>>
File: finnish girl smiling nervously.png (102KB, 318x455px) Image search: [Google]
finnish girl smiling nervously.png
102KB, 318x455px
currently a NEET
I need to get a job by October so I can work for three months. That way I'll have enough saved up to pay my car insurance for 12 months once I get conscripted in January.

>mfw I'll only make 5 euros a day
>>
>>8785119
Section manager. 103k.
after taxs 98k
>>
File: 1410236809854.gif (2MB, 234x200px) Image search: [Google]
1410236809854.gif
2MB, 234x200px
>>8790891
>he's not a NEET
>>
>age 24
Going for director next year pay rate is 121,900
>>
>>8785119
sort packages at a warehouse
paid $13hr anything over 5hr is time and a half meaning I generally make around $300 week. Really becomes worth it when you factor in the health insurance (2 bottles of adderall costs me a flat rate of $10, when getting glasses frames the minimum cost of glasses is like $90 so once you get >$200 frames you get half off etc.) yearly raises($.70), 3 weeks paid vacation, all holidays paid off. The work is hard but I actually stopped going to school for awhile because I love my job so much.
>>
>>8790891
lies. no income tax in the world is that low.
>>
Clothing Store Manager
37k + up to 5k/year in bonuses
>>
>>8785530
what
>>
>>8785119
24. Seasonal Sous chef at a luxury fishing lodge on Vancouver Island.

$70,000 + tips, $15k of EI in the off season + whatever I made working under the table.
>>
650 yuros as an electrochemist
plus what ive managed to jew from various projects
i'd get at least 5 times as much if i moved to a more advanced country but i really dislike life in the west
heck i spent a night sleeping in a bush drunk as fuck the other day and i lost nothing, in france i couldnt go 2 steps out of my home w/o someone trying to steal my shit
>>
Software Engineer
$125k gross
>>
>>8786760
>living evil yuropoor socialist anti american dream
>>
>>8787007
>not selling plasma for gas money
>>
>>8785573
do you play rollercoaster tycoon?
>>
I'm a nurse anesthetist, and I work offshore (Norway). My gross pay is around 125000 USD, but taxes eat up a lot of it.
>>
>>8786760
>Live in America, went to an Ivy league school.
>Spent a month applying every grant, and bursary I could, even if I didn't qualify.
>Most of these programs have money left over at the end of the year.
>Was making money going to school. Came out debt free.
>People are too dumb to fill out some forms.
>Don't have to live in Europe. Don't have high taxes or high cost of living (by Euro standards.)
>>
>>8791138
60 grand is still a lot of cash
>>
I'm a Unix systems administrator on $50k.
>>
>>8791161
It's Norway though. Cost of living is damn high
>>
Living off that state money atm. I'm going to study anthropology, then sell my soul to a corporation or the UN and get that money for cops.
>>
>>8786760

how accurate are these videos friendo

http://vimeo.com/101000188
>>
I'm a student and I do it for free.
>>
>>8791066
yh breh we can still make in on our own
it makes life harder but if we all do it
>...the rich poor divide is greater and a divided nation forms
>>
>>8790331
>work a trade
>small and skinny

er
>>
>>8787481

all of that aside from romancing old money sounds tight. do you enjoy that part or do you just shut up and deal with it?
>>
>>8790299

artisan baker here, food industry sucks :(

shit pay, work nights and weekends, long hours, can't get holidays off. when the rest of the world is enjoying themselves you're working your balls off
>>
>>8791744

The oldest trade in the world, anon
>>
>>8791835

Prostitution?
>>
>>8791865
pimping
>>
>>8785119
Unpaid internships, generally
>>
>>8785119
proskater, 2,500 $ a month
>>
>>8785497
Kek, quite fitting for the most faggot and pretentious board.
>>
>>8787027
Maybe he likes kids.
>>
med student, 3rd year
>>
>math/CS student
>middle class parents
>have decent pocket money and some side jobs
>don't have any friends
>go out to high end clubs by myself, but I don't drink, and don't pay the entry because I know the doormen
>only eat clean
>never had girlfriend, only fuck buddies
>the only thing I spend money on is sports (amateur athlete), fashion, and traveling
>have a decent sized wardrobe full of designer clothes, rarely buy them at full price

Wish I had enough money for tailored clothes, but that's still outside my budget. Other than that, life is pretty good.
>>
>>8785119
Assistant project manager (civil infrastructure). Enough, and it's not overly taxing work. By spending half my money on clothes (and the other half on books)

>>8785137
pls be in melbourne
>>
I co-ordinate water supply restrictions at the properties of people who haven't paid their water bill.
>>
>>8792425
you monster
>>
i work as a janitor on 4chan. i do it for free because it's a volunteer position, but hoping it will look good on my resume when i apply for a real job when my mom finally kicks me out
>>
>>8792204
as an architecture student from melbourne, i hate you
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
$20.50 an hour as janitor at an art school
I eat a lot of ramen and have a rich girlfriend
>>
Currently going to school to be an EMT
What have I done?
>>
>>8792654
>girlfriend
GET THE FUCK OUT NORMALFAG
>>
>>8792204

civil engineering 4 lyf

track designer on railways
>>
>>8792454

Lol'd
>>
I'm 14 and work illegally at a high end womens boutique
>>
>>8785291
>200-300 per signature as a notary, depends on the legal weight of the document

except that's bullshit
>>
>>8793268
So child sex slave?
>>
Military, at the third lowest rank. Pay isn't that great, but at the moment, I eat free at the chow hall on base and get free medical/life insurance, and discounts on important stuff like auto insurance and stuff. Plus I live on a base right now, so I don't have to pay for rent or anything. I could ideally stick every cent I earn into a savings account and not touch it, and be quite alright.

But I like to splurge every once in a while.
>>
>>8787274
skymall
>>
>>8790944
Canadian Taxs.
get played sun
>>
Grocery store clerk. Minimum wage. Loans/parents are paying for school right now but I save the majority of my paychecks for feeding myself/paying off student loans in the future
>>
File: 2193858435.png (2MB, 936x590px) Image search: [Google]
2193858435.png
2MB, 936x590px
I have mostly C grades, a level 2 in IT (computing for anyone across the pond) and I'm on a health and social care course now.

Am I fucked? Looks like minimum wage is what I'm cut out for and I can't see it getting me far unless I do some shit on the side.
>>
>>8791152
What kind of grants?
>>
>>8785264
>professional gamer

what the fuck.

where do I sign up?
>>
>>8785147
Where do you live?

Tips on applying and working there?
>>
>>8793547
After Level 3 IT networking it will earn me 30k/year after uni I could earn 60k+/year. Just be patient do level 2 when you have done do level 3, you will be making bare p fam. But It's a long process.
>>
>>8793853
I knew I should have done level 3 IT.
I've already done my level 2 and got a pass.

Always next year I guess, thanks for the help Anon.
>>
>>8785137

.... you in pdx?
>>
>>8785221
I get the other two but why the student? He worked for it in the summer.
>>
>>8785120
from wot 2 fit m8?
>>
>>8793833
Pretty sure you have to practise for 10 000 hours first. Source: I used to be a hardcore gamer
>>
Server, don't live off my mommy and daddy. Do just fine.
>>
Currently going to school, have a shitty bar job but to make some extra money I lay and sell acid.
>>
>>8785119
Quality Engineer 45k euro per year. Cant afford these clothes. Its the very occasional piece or else high end of high street alternatives.
>>
>>8785486
cool, not every day you see a Pitchfork reviewer on here!
>>
>>8785119
Working my way to be a Philosophy professor.

Getting paid beans but once I make associate prof I'll be making a solid 70k.

It's very rewarding though.
>>
>>8785150
lel
>>
fertizer industry,

i dont do anything

40k a year

i live with my mom

i just bought a 2,000 dollar camera i have made 2 pornos so far

i bought a 2700 dollar 15 inch macbook pro

i have 4 rick owens peices

i get laid easily when i want

i make enough to eat like king

i make enough to travel the world on my 2 weeks vacay

i make enough to go to coachella edc everyear since 2010

im hot enough that i have a very rich GF that father owns a million dollar pipeline company,
when i work out i feel i accomplished something worthwile

not a bad way to live, im very content with my life

almost too content that im stuck on only making 40k which is not alot of money here in so cal
>>
electrical engineer
$65k
>>
>>8794931
this whole post reads as if youre trying to convince yourself of what your saying
>>
>>8794931
>Very content with life
>posts on 4chan
>>
>>8785119
Private Art school muddle
>>
employees at gap suck it seems
maybe thats just the attitude they want them to have at work
>>
Management at a dollar store

It's not bad, perks are alright (free drinks lel)

I'm going to be out of here eventually this year or next and working in the government. Can't wait.
>>
>>8790012

You militaryfags will never learn, will you?
>>
>>8790197
USA.
>>8791828
It's usually alright. Some of them are awful, but most of them are well educated, fun people to talk to:
>>
File: 1348194769709.jpg (39KB, 651x451px) Image search: [Google]
1348194769709.jpg
39KB, 651x451px
>looking for job
>nobody wants to hire an unskilled worker for just three months
>>
>>8793386
>lying on the internet
why ?
>>
Short order cook
$10/ hr
I don't eat
>>
>>8790411
Not eating out everyday is a start
>>
I'm a financial officer for mentally incapable people.
Around $34k p/a

Feels good at age 19
>>
>>8795614
your workplace doesnt even give you a meal?
buddy, you need to get some self-respect and find yourself a job that treats you right
cuz that is some sad deal
>>
Server, bus boy at overpriced pizza place. I make about 4.63 an hour plus 4-7 dollars in tip outs an hour for busing tables, and serving I make 2.26 an hour plus plus $3-15 dollars in tips every hour. I make 13 cents more than mostly everybody on support and front of house because I got a bonus in 2012 and they did away with those extra weeks worth of pay bonus' so that was the last year to get it. I make about 590-650 every two weeks working around 40 hours or so. I mostly spend my monies on car payment plus insurance and other shitz. I just wear American apparel tri blend shirts, black dickies 874 work pants and dr martens 1925 oxfords. I have two jackets, a levi trucker jacket and a german flecktarn parka. I don't really give a shit about clothes but I have a lot of stuff from levi vintage clothing, our legacy, hickoree's hard goods ect. like 3,000 dollars worth of clothes sitting in my closet from purchases from the last three to two years.
I just like browsing /fa/ for all the beta fags who go >why no girl dancing with me? >am I ugly? >should I get a HY?
>>
I sell PCP
>>
>>8795724
Nobody gives a shit you poor cunt, go deliver some pizzas
>>
I'm a student and I work part time at a digital design agency.

It's not a problem for me to buy expensive stuff really, I just save for the pieces I want so it might take me a while.
>>
second lead developer in a rising tech firm
making ~$90k post taxes etc

>get summerjob after first year of studies
>now at fifth year
>get fulltime job last winter
>I only need to be around for meetings, events and if the lead dev needs me, otherwise I can come and go whenever I want to
>master's thesis done, four courses left for masters

Also I can still study up to 2 years for my masters and live on campus for $350/mo compared to $1300 duplexes so why the fuck not 8-)
It's a bit fucked up tho since from my class (we were about 60ish) 7 have finished their masters, 12 are finishing their bachelors this year and the rest are 50/50 working actively at their masters/doing minimum courses to stay at school while working full time

[spoiler]i still dress like a fuccboi tho kek[/spoiler]
>>
>>8787381
Rolf under posted XD
>>
>>8795725

why pcp specifically?
>>
>>8791161
Lol, if he's just earning $125k he won't have to pay even close to that in taxes. Probably more like $90k after taxes.
>>
>>8795813
Norway.
>>
>>8795814
I live in Norway and I pay taxes. If he pays more than 30 % he's getting fucked up the ass. The most anyone here pays in taxes is 42 %, and the ones that pay that much all earn over $1.1m a year. Norway isn't as retarded as Denmark and the NL, where people pay like 55 %.
>>
>>8785552
>implying
A family of 9 can live off of $250 in groceries a week in Ozland
>>
>>8790369
>Construction in alaska during the summers, still here actually

How do you get started on that?
>>
>>8791744

its hard work, anon, but you gotta do what you gotta do
>>
>>8790966

so ~100k/yr? That's crazy dude, had no idea anyone made that much money as a chef. What lodge?
>>
>>8785120
a-asok?
>>
>>8785119
>How can you afford all these clothes?

Pro tip: nobody here wears expensive designer shit all the time. ESPECIALLY the brand whores who claim they wear expensive designer shit all the time and call everyone else poorfags.

For every one Loro Piana sweater I have I probably own 5 from brands like Zara or Uniqlo. That's probably typical here. You pick your spots and you make a decent investment when you find a good piece on sale.
>>
>>8785311
hahahah do they sell that at dollar tree?
>>
>>8790326
Good point, Anon. But you should try anyway... having good friends and at least knowing what it's like to hold a woman in your arms are things you should at least try to have.
>>
>>8785119

$40/Hour as an Operator for an oil company, it's pretty alright if you can handle the hours
>>
>>8790326
what dota team?
>>
>>8799159
Do you have to go to school for this kind of shit?
>>
>>8799269

No you basically go get your basic certifications from recognized classes(most only last a day), apply to any decent oil construction company, start at the bottom as a laborer for a couple months (which still nets you a really nice sum), pester your boss to operate machinery for a while, get operating hours under your belt, get promoted or leave said job to get promoted at a new company as an operator.

Raises in this line of work are pretty normal if you're competent so your pay will go up with experience. I should also mention it depends a lot on where you work too, western canada pays a lot of money for anything oil related.
>>
>>8799159
>>8799329
>tfw i sometimes dream about going to America to work on an oil rig but i'm too pussy to leave it all behind
maybe after college
and then a few years
and then invest that and live in berlin or something
>>
>>8787429
>HR
>2000 Eurobucks

Fuck that makes me scared for my prospects, I wanna go into HR too. Do you've got a degree?
>>
I work in a Paul Smith warehouse. Pay sucks big time (barely above minimum wage) and in the couple of years I've worked there, I've seen a handful of stuff I actually like. It's all ridiculously overpriced and I can't believe the prices of some of the things. I literally got my first Paul Smith piece of clothing a few weeks ago (pair of jeans) because I didn't have to pay anything on them (staff discount).
>>
File: 110101.jpg (58KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
110101.jpg
58KB, 540x405px
pastry chef
13.5e/h
work 16 hours a day
six days a week
52 weeks a year

living the dream
>>
>>8785504
I worked as a dishwasher for two years in high school, most hellish position I've ever had but it gave me motivation to work hard at school
hang in there bro
>>
>>8800983

Steal the stuff. You work in a warehouse that can't be hard. Stealing is how I make up for my shitty min wage retail job.
>>
I work at American Apparel. Pay is good and I regularly have orgies with my coworkers. Shit is cash.
>>
~450 euros/month in college. I'm getting paid just to study. It's cool.
>>
>>8801186
So it's true what they say. American Apparel doubles as a whore house? I've heard stories of cashier girls who've sucked their boss' dick behind the counter and all that.
>>
>>8801263
I don't know mate, as a guy I don't know anything about it but I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happens. We only get high and fuck together, that's it. We tease a lot each other at work too.
>>
File: 1408997279866.jpg (12KB, 313x276px) Image search: [Google]
1408997279866.jpg
12KB, 313x276px
i'm too ugly to get a job
>>
>>8801263
>>8801186
>>8801277
I used to work at american apparel, it was def a fuck fest. No orgies, but everyone was sleeping with each other. Worked there in LA and fucked hot, insecure 18 yr/old pussy all summer. everyone is young and attractive, and in-store sexual encounters was a thing. Stock room bj's most common. Pay is shit and the management is generally borderline retarded tho. also, the girls are some of the most vapid pieces of shit you've ever met... head game on point tho lol
>>
>live in Hong Kong
>graduated in college studying IT
>can't get into any university
>get fired at my first job after a month
>can't find any job since then
>want to move to UK but no money
>undereducated, unemployed, friendless virgin
>account balance is reaching zero
>>
>>8801373
If you're white, it's ridiculously easy to get a job in HK/China/Taiwan.
>>
>>8785119
I sell steroids.
>>
>>8801415
I'm not white. And my dream is too live in UK. So that's like double hard for me.
>>
>>8801448
moving to the UK is almost impossible unless you are a yuropoor
>>
>>8801463
Well it's not impossible. A lot of Hong Kong people live in here. It'd definitely easier if you have studied here previously and thus increase to chance of company hiring you.
>>
>>8790012

i'd say thank you for your service but top kek
>>
>>8790012
Probably not even your child, I feel for you man. Divorcerape should be a word
>>
>>8801415
>If you're white, it's ridiculously easy to get a job in HK/China/Taiwan.
How about Japan? I kind of want to abandon my family and go live in Okinawa.
>>
I work a government (Aus) position.
25 hours a week, $28.60/hr, though shifts have died recently so I'm hoping to get a new job in a different government department at $33~/hr, 40hrs/wk.
Only shitty think is it's fucking Australia and rent for a 1 bedroom apartment in the right area is $350 a WEEK.
>>
>>8794823
what school? this is probably my dream but I thought you had to go to a really notable school for it to be even worth it. (if you're not bullshitting me). also what's your expertise?
>>
>>8802139
nah, japan is hella racist dude, they will be friendly if you visit but they hate foreigners trying to move in
>>
>>8802191
a nice 3 room apartment is $1300/month over where i live. And thats pretty decent.
>>
work as a private contractor doing small renovations across my country.
im only 19 and i get paid 34/hr
except i have almost no clothes and i cant form my own style
>>
>>8795724
I'm a bus boy at a upscale restaurant in Newport, I make 700 per 2 weeks easy. 900 when its good. And I barely scrape 60 hours per 2 weeks.

>gotta love the $9 min wage
>>
>>8785119
I wait tables at a country club make commission n shit 25/hr to 30/hr depending on business.
>>
HF trader at a small prop shop.

I'm 25 with a degree in economics, and last year I made 540k, mostly bonuses. I'll probably retire when I hit my thirties given how frugal I am with my expenses.
>>
lel fucking americans and their shitty wages
>>
>>8806632
Just finished reading Flash Boys. Neat book. Still conflicted as to how I feel about HFT. What use would a prop trader be at a firm that trades (I'm imagining) entirely off of algos?

As for the OP, I'm a timeshare salesman in my first year of work. I make $11k base. With bonuses, it looks as though I'll take home around $120k this year.
>>
young nigga move that dope
>>
>>8785264
a real human bean
>>
>>8806632
Are you honestly telling me you graduated with a degree in babbymath economics and were hired at a HFT firm? I'm graduating with a major in finance and a minor in math, could I expect to get hired at a firm like that, or did you have connections? I was under the impression that HFTs hired masters and Ph.Ds in physics & mathematics, etc.
>>
>>8785306
I'm 18 and working as a barman in some bar in downtown, I pay my school, so yeah, pretty much it

Studying management so I can make my own label or at least be the manager of some shitty business or store
>>
>>8785554
Anon, playing roller coaster tycoon isn't a job
>>
>>8785573
burbank whadddup portos my nigga we livin dat corner cottage lifestyle bout dat
>>
>>8792425
Pls kill urself
>>
>>8795166
This

Ask to son friends if they can get you one
>>
>>8801463
tfw europoor finnish gay from countryside
going to get some shitty minium wage job from UK ;--)
>>
barista
13/hr + 40-80 dollars in tips

gauppoo
>>
>>8787467
>mention money in a thread about money = materialistic
>projecting your own inadequacies this hard
>>
File: 1390115824601.png (214KB, 599x860px) Image search: [Google]
1390115824601.png
214KB, 599x860px
>>8794931
i had a dream similar once
>>
>>8801312
damn, i wish i lived somewhere that had an amapp as a teen...
>>
I work as a cook, about 3 days a week
around €500 per month, plus ~€100 worth of tips, depending on the month.
It's only part time though, studying fashion commerce/design on the side.
>>
>entitlement: the thread
>>
File: 4u53289950.jpg (500KB, 1354x1053px) Image search: [Google]
4u53289950.jpg
500KB, 1354x1053px
Archaeologist lol.

Make most of my money from lecturing and marking papers.

Recently got an advance for a fiction book I've written under a pseudonym. Here's hoping it sells.
>>
>>8801448

I'm English/Irish. Plz don't move here there's no room. Also it's shit here.
>>
>>8785119
>student
>work in hotel
>shop at thrift stores and but tshirts at concersts
>>
>>8785137
how did you get that job? i am a film major and would kill for it
>>
>>8785119
I own an alteration/custom tailoring shop.
>>
>>8811804
not that guy but I work in a movie theater. not independent but im assuming its the same thing at most theaters.

Basically get hired at a movie theater (easy as hell btw, just make sure youre available all day friday and weekends) then after working there for a few months and moving up the ladder a bit you can request to learn about other functional areas of tthe theater(meaning stuff besides concessions and ticket monkey) and projectionist is one of those areas. Its a lot of stuff to learn and can be pretty shitty when something goes wrong during a show and everyone blames you but its easy once you get the hang of it
>>
>>8787581
>>8787581
fucking this. Its so frustrating knowing that i have to waste all this time in school even though im perfectly capable of landing a teaching job without a degree.

How far are you on your degree? also whats your major?
>>
>part time in shops/retail/supermarkets
>live at parents house
>save 1,5k euros a month

I don't buy much clothes but at least I can afford everything I want.
>>
22 year old musician, i make anything from 0-2000 euros a month depending on what i'm doin at the moment
>>
>>8793849
Phoenix. Just walk in and talk to them like you already own the place. Dress in menswear/business casual with flair for the interview. I already had a year of retail experience though
>>
i just got a job at uniqlo
it seems alright
>>
>>8811959
just wait until they pressure you to work off the clock and say that you're not a team player if you don't

also they want you to be a robot
>>
>>8811959
Are you perhaps talking about the new one in the northridge fashion center?

also tips for applying?
>>
>>8811964
nigga its better then not working
>>8811966
no and don't be autistic basically
>>
>>8801448
we don't want you here we've got enough smelly immigrants shitting up the country
>>
>>8811969
I can manage that thanks. Are they lenient with availability? Theres a new one opening soon in my town and im hoping i can get a job before it opens
>>
I had a job valeting at a high end restaurant. Met a guy while working and he became my sugar daddy. He buys me nice things and gives me an allowance. All I have to do in return is take dick up my ass.
>>
>>8811981
i'm only available 4 nights and they took me
>>
>>8811080
>not being proud of your job and the money you earn
You're some daddyboi faggot for sure
>>
>>8787027
I am an elementary school teacher but I started in kindergarten. I loved it it. Kinder is way better than highschool and even the entry university courses I taught. Its tons of fun if you like the kids.
>>
>>8785573
eyyy ya boi out here in pasadangerous
>>
Age-21
I work as a banquet server at a dencent hotel.
During busy season I can avg 3000 a month
But my wardrobe is the least effay
I come here from tips
>>
>>8811945
You don't want clothes anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 460x276px
>>8787018
>>
Sports gambler and occasional ticket tout. Income is variable.

Live with the rents and pretty sperg. Nice clothes are an outlet.

>>8801149

The best fringe benefit of minimum wage work.
>>
>>8785792
Nice
Thread posts: 299
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.