[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lil survey >Whats the Most Expensive Piece of Clothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: cash.jpg (88KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
cash.jpg
88KB, 780x780px
A lil survey

>Whats the Most Expensive Piece of Clothing / Footwear in your wardrobe (According to RRP)?
>Has your interest in fashion desensitised you to the high cost of fashion i.e. $100 plain t shirts?
>How frequent / expensive are your cops?

just curious about the copping nature of people on here
>>
>$920 pants / $800 boots
>Definitely
>Don't cop stuff for months at a time, but they're usually $200-$500 at a time.
>>
>>8765193
I have a Peak Performance parka which retailed for €300, however, I got it for 90. And a snowboarding jacket of the same brand for 280 to 100. I dropped 150 on Clark's, so that is probably the most I spent on a non-discounted clothing piece.
I have not been desensitized into buying expensive basics, simply because I can't. Being a student can be financially stressful as it is, and I am really careful about spending my money. I usually wait until brands start slashing prices, so that is a careful ordeal.
>>
1. $400 down jacket, $300 boots
2. yes but i still don't find the high cost of 'luxury' basics justifiable
3. infrequent, depends on bills/'extra' money allotted for clothes. usually research or hunt for a long period of time
>>
$900 jacket / $840 boots

In Some ways, I still get befuddled by some prices though.

Usually it's when I feel the urge to really, I can go months without buying clothes and then buy like 4-6 pieces in the space of a couple days. I should plan out the pieces I really wanna get tbh, I already got a txt file with links to stuff which I hope will sit
>>
1500$ jacket
700$ sneakers
And some 200/300$ shirts
>>
>>8765417
What jacket / sneakers / shirts?
>>
1. Raf overcoat, $1500/ Ann Boots $900.

2. Yes, don't spend too much money on basics though.

3. Depends, usually at least one item, but rarely more than 3 items , depending on cost, need and such. Unless i'm stocking up on basic stuff or something like that, then it's obviously a higher amount of items.
>>
>>8765442
Just a random question, would u rather buy one nice basic piece or a few cheap ones. I'm kinda conflicted on what to do rly.
>>
>>8765479
Obviously that would depend on need, if I had an urgent need for basic t-shirts for some reason I would probably go for a few cheaper ones from uniqlo or something, but if I jdidn't really need to get some stuff asap i'd prob go for some nicer stuff.

If you're not really certain and need some new basic stuff i'd suggest you get a few cheap ones first, and then get some nicer ones later on
>>
>>8765442
can you post a fit with the raf coat? i'm just interested to see what it looks like :)
>>
£350 trainers and £450 coat.

It's more if I like it I may as well buy it, whether it's an £80 t shirt or a £30 shirt.

I buy a few things per month.
>>
>>8765603
he doesn't have one. it's a raf by raf bomber and he wants to impress /fa/
>>
>probably something stupid that i don't wear anymore mostly just wear cheap stuff or solid basics from solid brands i like

>not really, i still think some prices are outrageous but i also understand that a suit from brioni will last alot longer than a $350 suit from express or menswarehouse

>no longer needed, once my wardrobe was established it's just up keep and tailoring costs which are minimal

overall spendin less money on clothes than i did when i was a child buying new clothes every season for the school year
>>
>>8765193

>£500 shoes
>I've found that after my first high-price purchase, it was easier to justify other ones
>my job isn't brilliant so I buy 1 luxury item every 3 months
>>
>>8765193
Poorfags probs won't post in this thread OP, there's no point posting if your most expensive cop was like $80. You won't get a true survey. Here's me for what it's worth:

>$300 boots but I didn't cop at RRP

>Yes, definitely, but not to that extent. For example, I wouldn't buy a $100 basic when I know I can get the same quality elsewhere for much less. Definitely don't buy as much cheap shit any more though.

>Buy something that's expensive for me ($100+) every 4-5 months, frequently buy shit that's cheap if I need it/the deal makes it worthwhile.

All this is NZD
>>
Augusta limited edition (<10 made) thermic horsehide boots. Changes colour when heated.

$2800?
>>
>>8765726
>once my wardrobe was established it's just up keep and tailoring costs which are minimal
this
god knows how much stupid shit I copped when I was just trying to get my wardrobe together as fast as possible. good thing I didn't make the same mistake when I moved on my own and started buying furniture. Thank god for ebay and grailed I was able to get most of my money back from the impulse buys but trying to sell Ikea-tier furniture would be a lost cause
>>
>>8765745
Post pic
>>
260€ shoes, got them for half the price, though
not really
not very frequent nor expensive, I mostly buy stuff that is on sale
>>
>>8765747
I'm excited to buy furniture, So expensive tho
>>
>>8765193
>Whats the Most Expensive Piece of Clothing / Footwear in your wardrobe (According to RRP)?
used to be Ann Demeulemeester combat boots from SS10 but when I lived in a house of other students, someone took one(!) of mine while I was on vacation so I have one boot of a beautiful pair now. Beyond that, maybe a pair of Raf-era Jil Sander shoes that retailed around 800.

>Has your interest in fashion desensitised you to the high cost of fashion i.e. $100 plain t shirts?
No, I still consider expensive purchases over longer periods of time (weeks, months) and weigh the options. I tend to impulse buy when I'm sad or angry, but those purchases don't really exceed $200.

>How frequent / expensive are your cops?
I'm pretty satisfied with my wardrobe as it is, so when I make purchases, they're basic tees from AA or a new bathing suit when I forgot one at my mother's. If I want something more expensive, I'd probably think about it for a few months. I suppose I have enough money to make fashion purchases more frequently, I just prefer to spend it on things like travel and food.
>>
>>8765763
i can't stand you, so insufferable.

you never had a sense of humor in over 6 years
>>
>>8765750
http://www.styleforum.net/t/403464/a1923-thermic-horsehide-boots-us-9-10
>>
>>8765763

>combat boots on a girl

Did you a favour probably

I can imagine some /fa/ guy with superior taste stealing bad pieces from fuccbois and girls just to save them from themselves
>>
>>8765193
>Thom Browne suits, 2 grand each, or maybe the cashmere tracksuit, 3400 total/Brogues from Alden, 800 something/Thom Browne f/w 2014 runway hat (the one with the deer ears), 4500
>Yes, I don't give a shit anymore. Not like it matters though.
>I go shopping pretty much every weekend, spending depends on how good the stock of my local stores is.
>>
>>8765842
>*antlers
>>
-£1400 jacket, £720 boots
-Like some others here, once I made my first high end purchase it made it easier to justify others.
-not all that regular, the occasional stock up on basics but only get maybe 1-2 high end purchases every 5 months.
>>
>>8765603
Can post pics when I get home later tonight if u wanna, but I believe it's the same as this one: http://endyma.com/collections/raf-simons/products/2002-archives-virgin-wool-classic-tailored-coat
>>
>>8765842
>>8765846

how do you fund these cops mr moneybags?

i tend to feel like there's some successful individuals with lots of disposable income on /fa/. however, i'd bet the majority are college kids dropping big chunks of their part-time savings on cops
>>
>>8765193
$64 sneaker
>>
Wool down coat rrp $750. Could literally wear just a t shirt under it in - 30 degrees and still be warm.
>>
900€ wintercoat / 220€ Raf shoes
for sure
few pieces in the beginning of the season and during season maybe one piece every month or two months, price depends on what I need and buy that moment
>>
>>8766126
Oh and no, I'm a cheap bastard generally and I buy cheap shit all the time
>>
thread is useless without pics of said items
>>
>>8765193

>9000 € Rubinacci overcoat bought by crazy rich noble crazy ex-gf/ 800 € Santoni dadcore boots
>Yes.
>Most stuff is in the 300+ region, still buy H&M t-shirts though.
>>
>>8766112
All the expensive stuff I have, I've worked for. I'm a student. What of it?
>>
>>8766156
Sounds like there's an interesting story behind this. Go on Anon, tell us about your crazy noble ex-gf.
>>
File: 1409266675184.jpg (11KB, 345x343px) Image search: [Google]
1409266675184.jpg
11KB, 345x343px
1st. rick calfskin intarsia - #$3000 something

2nd. MMM high tops - $750

3rd. Robert Geller jacket - $540
>>
>$65 shoes marked up to $89 because import
>weird sense of brand loyalty to relatively expensive shirts (>$20)/pants (>$40)
>usual monthly shopping (should align with huge sale days) for three/four garments at a time with budget of $50

>tfw cheap and decent clothing, sales everyday because two malls side by side
>tfw poorfag
>>
1. $2400 SLP varsity
2. Yes
3. Follow french wardrobe, cop 3-5 pieces a season.
>>
>>8765193
$950+ boots
>>
>>8766380
what dribble ! neither Gaddafi or Saddam where terrorising their people they were better off before the white man entered, even africa was one large country until the white man came stole the resources and divided the country into little bits and made it a 3rd world country so they dont fight back
>>
>>8765193
I have two Philipp Plein tshirts
one, i bought for 275 euro the other one was 300
>>
£400 coat
£250 rick tee
£200 boots

i'd say my interest in fashion has allowed me to appreciate other aspects of clothes rather than just 'will it stop me being naked'. i guess this means a higher cost can be justified easier.

i cop much less but buy more expensive items.
>>
> €870 ($1100+) fbt

cba to answer the other 2
>>
File: image.jpg (3KB, 125x66px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3KB, 125x66px
140€ for Dr Martens
>>tfw used to wear expensive clothes and didn't give a fuck about fashion
>>tfw now my best jacket is a Diesel denim jacket I bought used for 10€, my shoes are pleb-tier, I wear cheap as fuck t-shirts, only two of my jeans are decents, I can't afford any of my grails and I want to be /fa
>>
>>8767188
What happened? You sure posted that to gain my attention.
>>
>>8765761
he looks so happy :')
>>
>>8766112
Rich parents, silly.

Being a foreigner rules.
>>
Rick jacket and boots around $2000 retail each. I bought both for $900. Most of my cops are around $200.
>>
>>8765193
2k coat
yea, but i'm not certain it's such a bad thing. It taught me that money is a descriptor. I know people who've bought entire houses just because they were eyesores and torn them down to make parks b4.
usually a couple times a year. sometimes all together because I know what I want and wont be swayed. approx 500$ (with that being the markdown price) ea.
>>
$750 shoes
not really i don't buy 100 dollar basics but i suppose i'm more willing to pay for actually nice things now
not very frequent--i put a good bit of thought into my cops and try not to cop things i won't really be able to get good use out of
>>
Serious Q, why dont you guys just make fake stuff?

like obviously it only works for heavily branded stuff lik c&c, supreme, etc. but there are tons of those fake ombre dip dyed sweaters that people pay dozens for
>>
>>8768824
>supreme
>good
lol. You're right though, you can pretty much get that grade of cotton anywhere though. its just easier to buy that shit I guess and you dont have to feel like you're living a lie wondering why you posted a supreme logo on a tshirt you bought
>>
1200$ sneakers / 2300$ jacket
yes
if i really like something i buy it but that doesnt happen that often
>>
Jil Sander combat boots. I forgot how much they retailed for but it's at least a thousand dollars.

Yes, but only to an extent. I still think plain cotton t-shirts that cost $100+ are silly.

I make a purchase every few weeks or months, depending on whether I find something I like and how much said thing costs.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.