[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone bought the Cote et Ciel Isar Rucksack? How did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15

File: Côte-and-Ciel-Isar-Rucksack[1].jpg (196KB, 900x607px) Image search: [Google]
Côte-and-Ciel-Isar-Rucksack[1].jpg
196KB, 900x607px
Has anyone bought the Cote et Ciel Isar Rucksack? How did you find it?

Should I cop it in black?
>>
how do you guys get the money to pay for those!?

other than that, its pretty nice. you should get it
>>
>>8644287
It's bulky asf and the hood looks like a trash bag,
DNC
>>
>>8644832
It would be my biggest fall purchase, but I really need a bag, and I love the design...
>>
>>8644833
You're thinking of the Nile. I don't think it looks that bulky at all but this is just from what I've seen in pictures.
>>
File: 1398739023022.jpg (208KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1398739023022.jpg
208KB, 1280x853px
is this it?
>>
>>8644832
Why are you here if you have such little money to spend? Unless you are super interested in designers and stuff there just doesn't really seem to be a point to be on a fashion board.
>>
>>8645130
You're being a bitch. Not everyone has money and people are allowed to cultivate their interests
>>
>>8645093
a nignog
>>
>>8645283
being poor is a choice
>>
>>8645283
I don't have a lot of money but $200 really isn't that much when you're paying for a quality piece. Especially for something like a Backpack where quality actually matters a lot.
>>
>>8645296
Look I vote republican and hate black people too but that is just a stupid thing to believe
>>
>>8645312
I agree with you there. There's probably cheaper stuff out there tho than C&C that offers even more functionality
>>
>>8645340
>>
>>8645340
Agree.

Only teenagers think being poor "is a choice" because they've never really had to work for anything in their life.
>>
>>8645393
>i regret choosing poverty and am now horribly bitter
>>
>>8645413
I'm not anything. I haven't worked for anything in my life. I'm a college student. Almost every essential service I live on is paid for by loans, grants, and my parents. I doubt you're any different.
>>
File: goober.jpg (223KB, 702x577px) Image search: [Google]
goober.jpg
223KB, 702x577px
>>8645296
>>
>>8645349
>functionality
>/fa/
pick one
>>
>>8645130
What is high street for $200
>>
if you're a college student, you will look try hard as fuck with that bag.

unless you are a professional in some sort of creative type job, do not get it.
>>
>>8645533
i can smell ur insecurity from here
>>
File: 0005194[1].jpg (431KB, 1240x1240px) Image search: [Google]
0005194[1].jpg
431KB, 1240x1240px
>>8645533
u sum sort pleb or sum shit?
>>
>>8645546
Yeah that looks like garbage, I'm going to stick with Mission Workshops
>>
>>8645528
What is techwear.
>>
>>8645546
Yeah that looks like garbage, I'm going to stick with Herschel
>>
>>8645533
>not trying hard
im guessing you have one of these or something too? they dont look that remarkable in person, just like an interesting high quality bag
>>8645546
>>
File: photo 1.jpg (650KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
photo 1.jpg
650KB, 1536x2048px
sup
>>
>>8645050
It isn't super bulky, but definitely do not get the large unless you are absolutely putting a 17 inch laptop in it. It would be huge.

>>8644287
I would advise you to look for a place to check out the bags in person. The Isar Rucksack that you are looking at looks really nice with just the right amount of stuff in it, but it is very easy to make it look too full or too empty. I got the Twin Touch Isar instead as I found it didn't have this problem to the same extent. It holds a decent silhouette pretty easily.
>>
File: photo 2.jpg (677KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
photo 2.jpg
677KB, 1536x2048px
sup2.0
>>
>>8644287
Friend has, they're HUEG as fuck.
>>
>>8644287
Mine came in the mail three days ago. I get quite a few compliments on it daily.

"That's a cool backpack, where'd you get it?"
"Woah is that a backpack? It's dope whatever it is."
"I like your bag!"

People just like looking at it, it's also a decent conversation piece if someone brings it up. As long as you aren't autistic it's a pretty great bag to own. I wear a lot of black and white so I just copped the grey to have a neutral color that makes the bag stand out against the black or white. It's all preference though. It's a great bag OP hope you get it!
>>
>>8644833
>>8645050
I haven't had a chance to handle it yet, but I've seen them around. Definitely not bulky, although maybe bulky for what they carry.

>>8645583
>>8645575
>>8645644
Which is what I'm wondering about, myself. I'm looking for a size upgrade to the Mission Workshop R2 I use now, something for a daypack + groceries, basically. It *looks* like it's large enough to fit a few bags, but they list it as being 17/22 liters, which is even smaller.

How much can you actually pack in? What's the twin touch material like?

The other thing I'm considering is a Mission Workshop R8, but as practical as that'd be I don't particularly want to go full one brand and a statement backpack would be nice (all my other backpacks are super practical).

>>8645130
Burn in a riot, motherfucker. You really shouldn't be on a fashion board if you're not "super interested in designers and stuff." How much money you do or do not have does not have anything to do with it.
>>
>>8645944
I think if you got a huge MW bag with all the different attachments and stuff that's definitely a statement piece plus you get massive amounts of storage. It's definitely more money but I would say its worth it,
>>
>>8644287
Fantastic. Absolutely cop.
>>
>>8645959
I mean, it *is*, but I want some vibe variety. The other current larger packs are all either hardcore outdoor gear, rando duffels, or my MEI Voyageur.
>>
>>8646020
Maybe just cop a small C&C pack for EDC stuff and a mission workshops or something else more utilitarian when you need it.
>>
File: ebro.png (95KB, 524x473px) Image search: [Google]
ebro.png
95KB, 524x473px
>>8646037
Well, two things. One, I've got smaller bags with more diverse vibes, but I almost always find myself leaving the apartment with my laptop, and I don't like (especially on a bike, which is usually) running something with weight like that without a three point strap or backpack straps.

Two, they don't really seem to do smaller bags. Everything seems sized for at least EDC with a laptop. Their loss, I think - most of their non-backpack designs look (from pictures) like they'd be much more suited, aesthetically and functionally, to smaller bags.

Like take pic related, the Ebro. Doesn't that seem like an awesome bag to fit, at most, an iPad Mini and a hardcover? But it's meant for a 15" laptop! Who wants all that banging against their hip?

It'd also, OTOH, make a very nice minimalist backpack if they threw backpack straps on the other side.
>>
>>8646184
Oh, and I meant to add thanks for responding anyway.
>>
>>8645296
>mommy can you buy this bag for me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
>>
I get the vibe that they only look good in pics but would start to look retarded once you actually put stuff in the main compartment
>>
>>8645093
yep
>>
>>8645555
>>8645564
Samefag pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 1000x1000px
>>8646184
I mean it sounds like you've got some money to spare so if your willing to go all out why not just go with ACR? Basically everything your looking for good size, very interesting and functional, with a safe extremely well constructed 3 point strap.
>>
>>8645944

I could fit a shoebox inside the back compartment of my Twin Touch. The material is good, it doesn't feel fragile or anything.

As for groceries, it's pretty good. I don't really do big trips though, I go every couple days and just buy a couple things.

It is absolutely perfect for daytrips though, I was out walking for shopping on holiday for about 6-8 hours per day and it held everything just fine. It's really easy to grab things from the back pocket too, you can just swing it around.
>>
>>8648564
Though I should note that putting a shoebox inside the bag would severely push it into looking ridiculously full. Still, if you're in a pinch it will work fine.
>>
>>8645583

Biggest downside is that the Twin Touch's are softer and don't keep the shape as much (which actually seems like a pro for you) and it also loses the hidden stash pocket that a lot of people like about the standard models.
>>
>>8646037
>a small C&C pack for EDC stuff
could you rec a few cool ones? the Isar is definitely too big for me
>>
>>8648604

Look at stuff from either the Memo line (cheaper, less detailed), or the Ebro (the narrower, vertically oriented style posted above).
>>
>>8648624
cheers.
what about the spree messenger though?
>>
>>8648636

It's still sized for laptops. The smallest they do is one for 11"-13" models, which is doable if you don't mind carrying a pretty full-size messenger around even when you don't have a computer on you. Definitely a slightly more manageable scale if you just cannot do the backpacks.
>>
>>8648644
cheers again.
the Ebro is fucking expensive though.
thanks for the inspo, i think i'll figure something out
>>
>>8644287
>consider copping something
>some fuccboi happens to make a thread on effay about it
aaaaand dropped
>>
>>8648680
Wow you're such a hipster
>>
>>8648716
nigga I see fat ugly herbs erryday wearin those godawful rafdidas runners, cheapest canvas ramones, that dip dye sweater and so on. why would I want to associate myself with such tasteless garbage...
>>
>>8644832
by having a job why the fuck do you think
>>
I was gonna cop but then I saw it in real life retail and went NOPE HAHAHAHA FUCK THESE THINGS ARE RATCHET AS HELL
>>
>>8648908

What was the biggest problem you had? They definitely aren't perfect bags, but the idea of a functional, but design-oriented bag is surprisingly uncommon when it comes to the mid-price range, especially when you require laptop compatibility.
>>
Buy one. Got mine for 60 Bucks (gone now, don't even ask) at TK Maxx and could not be happier.
>>
>>8648916
The material felt okay and everything was okay but for that kind of money you can buy a goat leather IISE or whatever

idk it just felt comically big and impractial
>>
>>8648937

I guess I can appreciate what you mean, but IISE bags cost anywhere from $100 to $150 more and are still usually only half or three-quarters leather. It seems a little bit like an inapt comparison given that IISE is meant as a fashion/leather brand while C&C is more about accommodating computers in an unexpected silhouette. As for the material, I think more people would prefer a water-repellant polyester to cradle their laptops than just leather. I dunno, just seems apples to oranges.
>>
>>8648952
yeah the mesh back is fucking dumb

but yeah, personal preference, I suppose.

I just find the fact that people are posing with c&c backpacks in a tech/active kind of situation irky as hell cause fuck you I'm not gonna jump around with my stiff ass macbook in the back without any protection bruh
>>
File: ricedog.jpg (209KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
ricedog.jpg
209KB, 600x508px
>>8645296
lol
>>
http://www.carryology.com/projects/carry-awards/the-carry-awards-best-work-backpack-2/

http://www.carryology.com/reviews-2/road-test/road-test-coteciel-isar-rucksack-sxsw-213-edition/

Two reviews

My Isar is in the mail as we speak, OP
>>
It's just too large and too assymetrical for me
>>
File: cdg shit.png (255KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
cdg shit.png
255KB, 500x647px
>>8649024
>best work backpack
hauling your macbook from the starbucks and back isn't considered work in the eyes of actual people you know
>>
>>8649033
Not all work is manual labor, you know.
>>
>>8648985

Oh, in case it's not clear from photos/descriptions, all C&C bags actually have dedicated laptop compartments with padding, like Incase and whatnot.
>>
File: rucksack-sanction-black.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rucksack-sanction-black.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
Care to opine?
>>
>>8645340
This.
Being poor is not a choice.
Being black and not killing yourself is.
>>
>>8645093
what u think u look like
>>8645546
what u rly look like

he didn't even tighten the topstrap so that's why
>>
File: 49330_ANDB.fpx.jpg (71KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
49330_ANDB.fpx.jpg
71KB, 750x750px
>>8646431
Definitely hope to cop something from the 3RD ARM line eventually, assuming it passes a handle test, but they're nontrivially more, availability is an issue, and I'm kind of hopingly attached to the idea of having a daypack that's a bit less overtly, traditionally "this is a functional piece of gear."

Right now it's the R2 and two cousins of the 3RD ARM bags, the Sputnik and the Pogo. Pogo doesn't see as much use as I thought it would and I might ditch it, just run with the R2 and Sputnik.

>>8648564
Egh, sounds like it'd be smaller than I'm looking and the liter listing is accurate, but I'll still feel it out.

Something like 35-40 liters would be ideal. Also thinking about the Patagonia Black Hole, even though it's even more of a function piece than the MW. Cheaper and I just like it. I'd get it in black, I think, but the blue is gorgeous and clearer to see in a picture.

>>8648662
The one I posted as an illustration is leather; the ones in Eco Yarn are $135.

>>8648680
Literally the only thing worse than buying something because /fa/ told you to.

>>8650280
It's a sleek enough looking bag, and tough as you could possibly need it, but personally I really prefer having a single buckle on my bags. Just feels unnecessary, and what I enjoy most about clothes/gear/kit is a feeling of fluidity.
>>
>>8645546
wait, is that a knockoff bag, or is he not wearing it properly?
>>
>>8644287I
I've been saving for the dark grey for a while, but I'd need the large for my laptop. I'm not too worried about it looking too big, should be fine?
>>
File: yerba.jpg (202KB, 600x1186px) Image search: [Google]
yerba.jpg
202KB, 600x1186px
>>8651201
That's a great sack.
I was thinking of getting the one in your pic but I didn't need something that big.
>>
can someone post fit pics with the C&C Isar? and also note the size they're wearing
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.