[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acne vs APC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (41KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 500x374px
Im looking at a new pair of jeans and i can't decide between Acne Ace cash or the APC petit new standard in black.
Whats the comparison in terms of quality and fit?
>>
Apc ps is really nice for the price but if you can fork out some extra cash for acne I say do it. They last longer but I didn't get as much fading as my apcs
>>
Acne for fit
APC for quality
>>
>>8631701
what do you mean by quality? whats wrong with the quality of Acne?
>>
>>8631704
Shit for the price.
>>
>>8631710
what is shit about the quality? do you mean it falls apart?
>>
>>8631701
>>8631710

>>8631721
uuuh i dunno lol muh quality xP
>>
>>8631721

Not the seams, the quality of the material.

aka the sourcing of their denim

both are well built
>>
>>8631749
what's so bad about the quality of the material, please go on you clearly know so much
>>
>>8631572
the apc black jeans aren't even black just dark navy
>>
File: 1407323032741.png (368KB, 1748x1889px) Image search: [Google]
1407323032741.png
368KB, 1748x1889px
>>8632216

lmao you need reading comprehension skillz mate.

I specifically said that there is nothing bad with either of them, but APC's denim source is a little bit better than acne.

If you need me to spell it out that DOESN'T mean acne's denim is bad.

sheeeesh nigga it's elementary
>>
>>8632246
What does a "little better" than acne mean? I think my Acne raws are better than my APC raws in terms of fit and denim
>>
>>8632255

So when I say that it's kinda a personal pref.

APC denim is 100% cotton while acne is 98% cotton and the rest elastane,

Which, like I said, isn't bad.
>>
>>8631572
this is like H&M vs Zara
>>
>>8632246
>but APC's denim source is a little bit better than acne
where are you getting this from, source
>>
>>8631572
Acne Ace Cash got good fits but dye runs to a grey sorta colour pretty quicky.
>>
File: IMG_1544.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1544.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8631572
on an unrelated note, i got a pair of cheap mondays for 10 bucks. So happy.

I own acne ace raws and I love them. Got a hole in my crotch cus i stretch it a lot when i sit and then tore the leg up at the bottom cus I was reckless, but they repaired the crotch for free and another 10 bucks for the leg when I left them at the store.
>>
>>8631572
Aren't APC Petit Standard and Acne Ace more comparable?

I have APC Petit Standard and I love them. They will stretch a bit so u might wanna size down.
>>
>>8631572
best acne jean for a slim fit? don't want skinny
>>
>>8632324
That's why they have a Stay version now
>>
>>8632340
Kinda depends on how skinny your legs are. Max is bigger than Ace, which is bigger than Thin
>>
~~~~~~~~ Threadly reminder that Ace Cash is a slim, not skinny, fit ~~~~~~~~
>>
APC fucking sucks. Get Acne
>>
>>8631572
Acne jeans are garbage. I returned my Acr Cash because I couldn't bear paying that much for crappy clothing. Bought some N&F super skinnies that are much better quality and value. If you need skinnies I recommend them
>>
where are acne jeans made?
>>
>>8632383
great criticism.
>>
>>8632399
my pair are made in albania
>>
>>8632399
mine is turkey...
>>
>>8632383
ace cash aren't even skinny fit.
>>
April 77 are the best skinny jeans for the price
>>
>>8632383
>these jeans are bad and those are good
>nothing to back up claims with

why am i surprised, makes me almost think youre just parrotting others opinions.
>>
anons opinion on babbys first black jeans
>a.p.c
used to use Japanese denim but they changed to eastern European manufacturing and denim sourcing so the quality isn't as good as it used to be , fucking jews. the cuts are ok but prepare to size down a ton of if you're a 29 inch waist or lower
>acne
quality is very very mediocre and just as over priced as a.p.c but the cuts are a lot better. also made and sourced in eastern europe
>n&f
japanese denim made in canada. much better construction and quality but the cuts are fucking awful. also over priced but they're constantly on sale
>source
i own denim from all 3 brands
>>
>>8631704
>>8631721
>>8632216
>>8632255

When people talk about the quality of clothing they generally don't know what the fuck they are talking about and are just repeating what they have been told by others without actually understanding.
>>
What are some good basics jeans brand for under 100?
>>
>>8632794
>good jeans
>under 100

lmao wtf is even the point?
most "good" jeans start at around 200 and you're probably going to be wearing them almost everyday so you might as well shell out the extra cash for some sick jeans

kill urself
>>
>>8632794
just get levis, honestly.
>>
>>8632744
Can you say anything about Nudie?
I've been thinking of copping selvage grim tims from them, not raws though.
I've been comparing unbranded, acne apc and nudies and out of all, I like the way Nudies fit the best.
>>
>>8632798

Meh, you're probably right...

>kill urself
Nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (383KB, 1360x1572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
383KB, 1360x1572px
Okay so I want the tightest possible black jeans that will not fade.
>5'11"
>160 lbs
>Shit bf% for /fa/ because don't exercise
>31x32
The tightest jeans I've worn are 511s because I can't find 510s anywhere to try on. They're comfortable so I think I could go tighter, but I am satisfied with them except for their weak taper.

APC petit standards seem to be around the right size for me, but I've been told I should size down and that they'll fade grey because they have a white weft. The denim also seems more "natural?" than acne's if that makes sense from pictures (pic related). Maybe it's more cotton?

Acne ace cash seems to be my fit and I've been told they're tts, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to fit thin cash. And should I buy "stay" if I don't want them to fade?

So which should I buy? And are either worthy the retail price of ~$200? Because I've been told to only cop acne on sale.
>>
>>8632879
All id say is that ace cash is not as skinny a fit as people make out. I actually went back to wearing my dr denims instead cause I couldn't handle the fit
>>
>>8632879
>5'11
>160lbs

damn pls dont wear tight jeans at that weight
>>
>>8632879
>>5'11"
>>160 lbs
>>Shit bf% for /fa/ because don't exercise
>>31x32
lol, you probably shouldnt be wearing tight jeans
>>
>>8632806
save money and buy real jeans like flat head or iron heart
>>
>>8632378
Isn't "cash" a color?
>>
>>8633079
no
>>
>>8633006
>>8633021
I'm an inch shorter at 5'10" and 155 lbs. I do exercise, so a lot of it is denser muscle tissue, but I also seem to have a very fortunate distribution of where my fat goes.

Same could go for >>8632879, not sure. I will say that most jeans branded as "skinny" are way too tight and outline my dick, but slim fit jeans are perfect as long as I don't do squats.
>>
>>8632879
Is me.

Seriously I'm about to pull the trigger, petit standard over dyed black? Or acne ace stay cash?
>>
>>8631572
acne is overpriced shit. since kids here are so anal about the definition of quality, I'll give you the specifics: crotch will blow out and color will look like shit after a few months. you could as well buy nudie jeans.
>>
>>8631572
just buy rick owens detroits. they regularly go on sale for the same prices as acne/apc jeans and they look and feel fifty times better

if you're really set on buying the acne, though, cop it secondhand or something. there's a shitton of bnwt acne/apc jeans out there for less than half of the retail price

i'd also recommend rag and bone jeans as being better quality for less money
>>
>>8632784
>duuuuur
we are not talking about ann d or ma+ items you damn fag. these will fall apart in months despite the ridiculous prices but at least, according to a specific definition of "quality", they are not so bad (ie: you will lose buttons and seams will rip after 2 wears but they are made with certain materials and certain stitchings... lots of details and thought went into the design... I bought them as a piece of craftsmanship, not for actual use etc).
here we are talking about goddamn black jeans from mainstream brands, so yeah quality means color not fading and crotches not blowing, things that will happen in acne and apc since they are nigger-tier brands.
>>
>>8633689
you're a little bit overstating this shit
my acnes didnt fade and the crotch didnt blow out, I dont even know how the retards manage to get crotch area torn, do they fucking bike in skinny jeans or something? Never had that happen to me.
Ye, acnes wont serve you 10 years and you wont give them to your grandson, alas. But they are okay. Certainly not worth RRP yada-yada, but I wanted them, so I copped them at full rrp. Or maybe not, tres-bien makes it hard to cop sth at full rrp.
>>
>>8633647
I've been wearing Acne Ace Cash every day for the past 2 years and they are still very black (very slightly faded around the inner thighs near the crotch and behind the knees obviously be that's to be expected) and the crotch is no where close to blowing out. I even wore them working at the warehouse for 6 months so thats bullshit :^)

The whole "m-muh quality" and "lol crotch blowout" is just people mindlessly repeating what they read in /fa/ threads. I guarantee none of the people talking about the quality and crotch blowouts of acne jeans have never worn a pair.
>>
Should i reather buy acne thin? I want skinnys but im affraid that it might be leggingsmode.
Im skeletor af btw
my size is 30 32 i think
>>
My Ace Cash faded fast as fuck. I like it.
>>
File: 1110.jpg (385KB, 1110x1482px) Image search: [Google]
1110.jpg
385KB, 1110x1482px
Not Acne or APC, but are Nudies any good? I'm on the fence about buying a pair, and its either them or Acne.
>>
>>8634036
nudies are okay if you're a retarded idiot with no common sense or style
>>
>>8633741
>skeletor
>30/32
lel
>>
Is there any point in getting selvedge denim if they aren't raws?
Sorry if the question is dumb I'm not that into raw denim or selvedge denim really and I've been considering getting pair of selvedges
>>
petit new standards are skinnier than petit standards right?
>>
>>8631636
Well i think what's getting worse with APC is precisely that the price keeps going up, and the items stay the same...I'd agree that you wouldn't feel robbed for paying them brand new, but you'd get a much better bang for your buck simply by copping them second hand (there's a TON of PS second hand, even brand new, on any forum/site about clothes anyway).

I think historically, what really set APC apart was how good the New Standard was back then, and I read it inspired Slimane for the Dior jeans etc. But that was back when the price was at less than a 100€ or so I think.
>>
>>8632744
I don't think the denim is any different than it used to be, for APC. But they do manufacture in Macau now, instead of I don't remember where before. The quality of assembly of the denim is fine, though not as good as you might expect a pair in that price range to be. But then again, not many brands even sell anything like they do at that price range, so it isn't easy finding alternatives.
>>
>>8634208
below the knee yes, but the upper leg actually has more room, and the rise is higher.
>>
Acne = cool
APC = safe

Both are more or less the same in terms of quality of construction. APC uses heavier denim, Acne has 2% elastane. I bought a pair of APC PS and Acne Ace Waxed in November. No complaints about either one, except that I sometimes feel that the APC's are a bit too loose around the ankles and too tight around the upper thighs (they don't stretch anymore). Raw just isn't my thing.
>>
>>8631572
idk about the quality, but what really bugs me about the ace cash are the random white streaks that appear and disappear all over and seemingly at random (often when i'm just sitting down perfectly still). anyone know what's up with that?
>>
>>8634236
I would never buy second hand apcs
>>
>>8633781
can you post some pics of the fades please?
>>
>>8633670
I just assume rick jeans are some weird-ass fit?
>>
>>8632806

bumparino
>>
>>8634045

esplain
>>
>>8633670
>they regularly go on sale for the same prices as acne/apc jeans
where
>>
>>8634036
if you don't mind the branding, go for it. as far as quality goes, i've had two pairs that lasted me the whole year with no trouble. but thats just me, there are some people that have experienced crotch blowouts and shit, but i have no idea how the hell that happens to people.
>>
>>8633079
don't listen to this >>8633079 guy, cash is the colorway to their pants
>>
File: apc.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
apc.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
APC denim is more grey than black because of the white threads, but the stitching is very very good and the denim is very durable, I've had no blowouts or anything

I've never handled Acne though, so I can't speak for it. But if you want a really nice fitting black jean go with APC, size down 1 or so
>>
Never handled APC but I do own a pair of Acne jeans.

I bought them back in September and wore them just about everyday for 8 months. The crotch started fading after 5 or so months. After the 8th month, i started getting holes on the inner thighs and the crotch is almost done tearing. The crotch hole is about 1.5inches long, but it's been like that for 2 months. The material is damn durable IMO. They have yet to fade except for my inner thighs, back pockets, crotch/ass. Everywhere else is pretty damn good. If you have the dosh I would say buy them, but last I checked they manufacture their jeans somewhere else, so I'm unsure how the quality has changed since then.

Oh and the ones I bought were made in Albania
>>
>>8634633
Are the washed black APC PS selvedge?

Also, can anyone comment on Acnes stay cash dye?
>>
>>8634593
usually its because they have larger thighs
>>
I read about crotch blowouts every day on /fa/, but I've never had one and nobody I know ever has. Does this really happen to you guys so often?
>>
>>8635207
yeah
>>
someone fucking buy Gustin and report quality and fit
>>
>>8635207
It's frequent with APC denim because of the "size down 3-4 sizes" troll that makes people buy them way too tight and blow them out
>>
>got into raw denim and bought new standards because I hated skinny jeans
>slim and tapered is /fa/ while slim straight looks too bulky

well fuck me
>>
>>8635224
Should you size down at least 1 though?
>>
>>8635405
>>8635224
Because this makes me think I should size down one or two.
http://www.mrporter.com/am/sizechart.mrp?productID=439083&tab=1&exclude=true
>>
Anyone have experience with Jap denim? Looking at some momotaros and seem good, but I can't hardly find a decent review that's not in Russian.
>>
>>8634323
Why not ? Some are literally brand new, never worn. People size down too much, order online and have one around that they can't wear.
>>
>>8635417

Yes, you need to size down. My New Standards stretched like crazy. I sized down two and they eventually got really comfortable. Could barely close the third button at first. They accidentally ended up in the dryer though and now I have to stretch these fuckers out again.
>>
>>8635417
yes 1-2
>>
>>8635417
size down 2
>>
>>8634184
>short answer
no

>long answer
at the end of the day, selvedge and non-selvedge are both jeans with the same flaws. selvedge used to be a sign of quality of construction, but now days even converse has a selvedge model so it doesn't mean what it used to
>>
>>8635207
it happens if you size down/go longer than 1.5 years before a wash
>>
how are Rag & Bone jeans.... have a friend who is offering to sell me a used pair as he gained weight and they no longer fit...
>>
>>8635457
you could check rawrdenim, or hope that blueowl or blue in green has a review on their site.
momos are pretty solid, but i'd check some fit pics before buying
>>
>>8633647
not very good advice anon

ACNE uses sulphur in their black dyes. I know these I have smelled similar to black rogue territory which have strong sulphuric scent when I tried them on. I didnt even smell anything resembling sulphur when I tried on Nudies. Plus its no secret Nudies fall apart quickly. Just my experience holding these brands' black denim and wearing them. ACNE just seem to have heavier black raws than Nudies. This fabric weight is due to the use of sulphur and will ultimately keep your denim from fading. Nothing beats black staton from Rogue Territory though. They even warn you on their label of the sulphuric smell their black raws have since the dye they use has sulphur.
>>
>>8635624
so that's what the chemical smell on my acnes was
>>
Ok guys, OP here, i've decided to pull the trigger on the Acne Ace Cash. Im 6'3 with a 32 waist in 90% of the jeans i have worn, 31 rarely. What size waist should i get? How much will it stretch?
>>
>>8635624
>>8635644
will it go away if i soak them in water?
>>
>>8635654
I wouldnt advise you to do it.

Smell went away with wear for me, after maybe 4-5 wears.
>>
the point of the sulphur is to keep the denim dark and have the pigment penetrate and harden the denim. If you soak the jeans you Sanfornized them and they will not hold color as well as they would raw unsanfornized.
>>
>>8635624
lol i thought that the smell was vinegar
>>
File: checkdanotes.png (318KB, 823x904px) Image search: [Google]
checkdanotes.png
318KB, 823x904px
>>8635687
nah, check the notes
>>
>>8635687
dude. the smell was PUTRID.
for the longest time I thought it was just me smelling super fucking bad i took extra showers :-(
>>
>>8632794
raw: unbranded
anything else: levis
>>
>>8635740
you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you
>>
>>8631572
ty you stupid shit asians

decades, $10 ACNE and APC in the women's section for $9.99 each.

walked by and notcied the brands, sold as worn twice jeas on sufu

quality is so shit on them, and fuccbois snatch that shit up because poor

they had a bunch of ripped and nasty looking rick owens too
>>
>>8635755
what the fuck are you saying
>>
File: 1355089182840.jpg (431KB, 1100x768px) Image search: [Google]
1355089182840.jpg
431KB, 1100x768px
>Cop 2 pairs of Acne Ace Cashes
>Arrive
>Bought a 30/30 feels more like a 30/34
>Doesn't stack well
>Not slim enough for my tastes
>Eventually take them to tailor to get resized
>Tell her I want them tapered
>Ends up making them skin tight on my calves
>wtf bitch
>Still bulking getting swole
>Jeans don't fit anymore, should have just left them alone and bulked into them
>Realize I should stop working legs if I want to be effay
>>
>>8636044
But Acne doesn't sell 30/30? You probably got 30/34
>>
>>8635207
every jeans ever
not sure why
big thighs maybe
>>
>>8636012
I think he found a bunch of designer jeans for really cheap in a second hand store and sold them as "worn twice" on Sufu.
>>
Aren't A.P.C and Unbranded both made in the same factory using the same materials? Yet Unbranded is WAY cheaper...
>>
>>8632806
My nudies fell to pieces at the crotch really quickly, but if you like the fit then go for it

i wouldn't purchase again though
>>
My Cash have gotten this weird fade on the ass. Two stripes goes from the crotch area diagonal along the butt. Like a pantie-fade. It does not look as bad as it sounds but it is a bit weird. I haven't even bicycled with them.

Anyone else experience this?
>>
>>8637282
Maybe...it IS a panty fade.
>>
>>8637284

Hah. Fucking girls borrowing my jeans while i aint looking.
>>
>>8637294

Uh that did not come out right.
>>
File: 1407843541941.jpg (95KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1407843541941.jpg
95KB, 337x367px
>>8637294
>>8637298
>>
How are Nudie jeans? Quality-wise
>>
>>8637319
shit doughnut cop
>>
>>8637319

Good fits, thin materials.
>>
>5'11 dwarf
>acne don't make jean in a 30 leg
the suffering is eternal
>>
Im 5'11" and both 30 and 32 usually work for me. You could always take them to a tailor too.
>>
>>8637492
thanks for giving me hope anon
>>
>>8637490
there are these things called "tailors"
>>
>>8633670
where are you guys finding all this second hand and sale shit? Some of you guys make it sound like shit can be bought in sale or something. Like for example achilles white low always on sale good condition at $200 all the time but how can you find the perfect size and fit?
>>
>>8637564
you can't people just exaggerate then others sheep it
>>
>>8637564
trying to browse ebay and other places for that single one piece you need is a waste of time

but if there's a bunch of different shit you've seen in past seasons that you didn't cop it's definitely worth your while. you can find some nice stuff

>I NEED THIS SPECIFIC MEME SHOE RIGHT NOW IT WILL MAKE ME COMPLETE AS A PERSON AND ALL WORLDLY PLEASURES WILL BE MINE

grow up anon
>>
How do Acne Max Vintage's fit I'm about to pull the trigger on buying some
>>
>>8631721
well i bought black acnes and they became grey after 2 washes
>>
>>8637564

Some boutique stores in large metropolitan cities put expensive designer pieces on sale when the new collection is coming in and they have to get rid of them.

I was at Dover Street Market in London at the right time and almost all the rick stuff that had was 40% off.

Came back 3 days later and it was already gone :(
>>
>>8638846
do u live in the middle of nowhere?
i keep seeing u post stuff like
>OMG I WAS IN ~~LONDON~~ AND WENT TO A BOUTIQUE ON OMG GUYS THEY HAD RICK OWENS IN THERE!!
its rly weird
do u own any designer pieces?
>>
File: 1365728122200.gif (116KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1365728122200.gif
116KB, 400x300px
Posting since this is sorta related. How do I wash Acne jeans so that the black dye won't fade? Woolite dark and line dry or what? Thanks!
>>
>>8639416

My dad lives in London and I go every summer.

I used to live in Boulder, CO for school but I'm back in Houston, TX now.
>>
>>8639440
oh explains why you think entering a shop that stocks designer clothing is a big deal
ofc shops have sales
this is common knowledge
>>
>>8639440
hi texasbro
>>
>>8639429
Stay Cash
>>
>>8639451
Houston's a pretty big city surely they have fashion boutiques right? I live in a city with a population of only 350,000 so there are none here, but >2,000,000 people live in Houston.
>>
>>8639491
I meant my Ace Cash, which I already own.
>>
>>8639506
there's fucking nothing in texas when it comes to fashion
>>
>>8631572
ED80 > Petit standard
>>
how small is a pair of w28/l32 jeans? they are a pair of roc cash from acne

ordered the only size in stock but they're probably too small. i live in a cave atm and cant/am too lazy to measure my waist. im 125 lbs if that matters
>>
>>8637514
ruins the taper
>>
>>8639912
get a better tailor
>>
>>8639506
yeah the classroom and places in rice village, Montrose, heights and galleria areas

>>8639569
Austin is pretty /fa/
Houston can be too. Underrated arts scene
>>
Try NN.07. I'm happy with both their raws and regular jeans.
>>
>>8634036
had pair, crotch ripped after 2 months
>>
do I have to size up/down on raws? thinking of copping my first pair. total raw-noob here
thanks dudes
>>
>>8631701
APC quality a shit

on their jeans at least
>>
Does anybody have experience of the norse projects jeans? Fit/quality
>>
>>8636044
>30x30
nah they don't sell 30 length
>>
What are the best black skinny jeans under $50
pls to help
>>
>>8644562
Pacsun or uniqlo
>>
>>8634036
They are good. I'd recommend Edwin instead for a slightly less expensive pair. The ED-55 is the perfect fit if you want a fitted jean and you have muscular legs.
>>
>>8644562
I copped cheap mondays for $47 on sale.
>>
>>8634559
You won't get kudos from a bunch of anonymous autists on an anime messageboard if you buy them . People irl with good taste will think they look great. The stitching on the pockets may put people off, but some styles have tone-on-tone stitching making it even more subtle.
>>
>>8644649
just what I was looking for. thanks m8
>>
>>8644651
How's their size compared to APC?
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.