[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought a pair of all-black Palladiums. Decided that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12

File: before_after.jpg (326KB, 1080x513px) Image search: [Google]
before_after.jpg
326KB, 1080x513px
So I bought a pair of all-black Palladiums.

Decided that they were too gothninja for my tastes. So I bleached them bone-white.

Now I have a nice base to work with, so what colour (or colours) should I dye them now?
>>
They look kinda cool like that. Keep them like that until a color idea you can get into dawns on you while you're eating your morning pastry.
>>
That looks pretty goodin my opinion
>>
>>8561640

Leave it like that. Go beat the shit out of them now.
>>
they look sick and remind me of those y3 warrior boots
>>
Wow I love them.
>>
>>8561640
Those look really good, OP. Do you mind explaining the bleaching process to a total noob like me?
>>
>>8561640
did you add the extra palladium tag too?
>>
>>8561692
if you're trying to call it as a fake you should realize that the photo on the left is just a stock photo, it might not be the exact same boot as the one OP bought
>>
>>8561640
If the ones on the right are the ones you made, they're fucking sick. Keep them that way.
>>
File: Clorox-Bleach-64oz.jpg (139KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Clorox-Bleach-64oz.jpg
139KB, 600x600px
>>8561690
Removed laces first. Then, I first soaked them in a large bucket with a cup or two of bleach thrown in. No real science. They turned a vivid work-boot orange at first. Not what I was looking for.

Stumbled upon this 13 year old black chick on Youtube bleaching her Converse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50D18kvIj0I

I filled an empty spray bottle with 100% straight bleach. Pic is exactly what I used. Sprayed them, and within 5 minutes, they went from vivid orange to a pale salmon pinky-orange. For no reason, I did spray them a second time all over again before letting them dry.

By the time they dried, they were exactly as you see in my picture. I did have to rinse them quite a bit, since they stank of bleach. It's quite nice that the stitching and labels completely resisted the bleaching process.

>>8561699
You're correct. Mine also have black lace rivets instead of silver.
>>
>>8561726
>vivid work-boot orange

hnnng i love this color

did it come out uniform, or weird and splotchy? i know it wasn't what you were looking for but i like the bleached-black-orange shade a lot.
>>
File: DSC_0466.jpg (415KB, 922x518px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0466.jpg
415KB, 922x518px
>>8561736
Was completely uniform during the soaking.
When I gave up on soaking, and tried spraying instead, it did cause a few places to have uneven tint.
>>
>>8561756

Looks incredible. Will be doing this to mine
>>
if nothing else gets bleached why not jump dump em in a bucket, let drip, rinse, then dry?
>>
>>8561763
Great, now everyone is doing it!....
>>
>>8561756
I should mention that I had to weigh down the boots with two ziploc bags full of tiny rocks to get them not to float in the bleach solution in the bucket, didn't want to risk some parts bleaching unevenly.

And the uneven tint I mentioned cleared up by the time they were finished drying.
>>
>>8561756
>When I gave up on soaking, and tried spraying instead, it did cause a few places to have uneven tint.

How did you counteract this? Did you just re-spray the weaker spots? Also, is the inside side of the tongue all half-done like in the video you linked?
>>
>>8561726
how did the rubber not bleach
>>
>>8561640
Leave them they look way better
>>
>>8561736
You want halloween boots. Like legit halloween color boots.
>>
File: inside-canvas.jpg (325KB, 888x518px) Image search: [Google]
inside-canvas.jpg
325KB, 888x518px
>>8561787
I made sure to spray the inside of the tongue too, so it looks identical to the outside. I might need to watch the video again, but I think the chick didn't think to spray inside them enough.The pictures are pretty true to life, they are very consistently bone-white all over now.

But I did notice that the inside fabric bleached a lot slower, and in different shades, compared to the outside fabric. When the black Palladiums reached their vivid orange stage, the insides were brown for some reason. Weird, but, like I said, it evened out.

I think that's also why I sprayed them a second time all over again before letting them dry, I am positive it helped target those uneven patches.
>>
>>8561803
yeah bitch you got a problem with that kid
>>
>>8561640
thats the cleanest fucking bleach job ive ever seen. Those are some nice looking kicks, OP. Good job
>>
File: orange-photoshop.jpg (494KB, 929x622px) Image search: [Google]
orange-photoshop.jpg
494KB, 929x622px
>>8561803
>>8561867
OP here, with Photoshop. This is what they looked like, from memory, at that stage in the bleaching process.
Super spooky4me.
>>
>>8561896
Those actually look nice.
>>
>>8561896
Damn those look sick
I'm doing this shit, thanks for the inspiration dude
>>
>>8561839
Have you noticed any effect on the rubber? I've heard bleach can cause rubber to crack sometimes.
>>
>>8561908
Meh, they seem to be alright.
>>
>>8561904
implying you can pull off halloweencore like i can

but really real talk though, those look nice op
>>
>>8561763
>>8561769
>>8561904

do it, and post pics. we need more of this shit
>>
>>8561640
i think they turned out cool, op
>>
>>8562093
plus, the fact that the nylon tags and labels stayed black is also nice

i just read thru the comments & realized everyone seems to completely, which as you know is pretty rare here
>>
>>8562114
"agree completely"
>>
>>8561674
Nice catch. I see the resemblance, although I actually like the white palladiums better because they look less like a costume piece from a scifi movie.
>>
what about dying the concrete coloured ones instead?
http://www.palladiumboots.nl/shop/men/men-footwear/baggy-canvas-concrete-putty-02353-092.html

i think the sole colour may look better
>>
File: thing.jpg (70KB, 643x674px) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
70KB, 643x674px
Op you're amazing, that bleaching process would look sick for a fit I had in mind.
>>
>>8561640
just an announcement to you all that the left pic of the original black boots op posted arent the monochrome boots, theyre just the regular baggy canvas in black, but the pair he owns/dyed are the monochrome baggy canvas which have black eyelets and snaps. just a note bc i think they wouldnt look as good bleached with silver snaps and eyelets
>>
>>8562165
Not bad, although, you'd have to keep in mind that the stitching would remain olive.
>>
>>8562274
needs loomis
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 960x640px
>>8562478
im dying

god bless you anon
>>
how on earth did you manage to not affect the stitching, tab, or tongue tag with the dip or spray?

calling fake on this although im not sure why you would fake this in the first place
>>
>>8563109
im guessing it would be made of a synthetic which is manufactured black instead of dyed black
so the bleach doesnt work on it
>>
>>8563116
that's true, but the embroidered logo looks fine as well. and they're in such perfect condition it just seems weird to me
>>
Post fit with bleached ones
You shouldnt color them
>>
>>8561640
>>8561756
Damn that looks fucking good.
OP or anyone else doing this, PLEASE debrand them, you can use a seam ripper to get the tongue logo off.

>tfw I sold my all-white palladiums
>could have copped black and done this
>>
>>8563217
Why would I debrand them? I might as well just bleach any other shoe if I'm going to do that.
They've already been tested through the bleach so there's no point
>>
Looks cool, OP. I wouldn't dye them, the bone white is a nice looking and versatile color.

>>8563109
I was thinking the same thing TBH, but watch the video in the OP of the girl bleaching her chuck taylors... the same thing happens.
>>
>>8563410

It's probably a difference in material. I'm guessing the fabric is a cotton, but the thread and tags are probably some sort of synthetic.
>>
Nice job, OP. My dick is hard.
>>
If you're thinking of dyeing them from the bone colour you have, you might need to add a few drops of blue to the colour you choose in order to counteract a bit of the yellowness of the current colour
>>
>>8561640
Keep them as is they look sick.
Does anyone else have experience with bleaching shoes? might try this myself
>>
>>8561640
I guess for once we're all in agreement, they look fucking sick man. Leave as is.
>>
>>8561640
just talked with my gf about and she laughed me in the face cause bleach burns the fabric. She said that they will become unwearable really soon. I'm really hoping she is wrong though.
>>
>>8561756
>foxhound badge
god I love you OP
>>
File: vansblack.jpg (90KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
vansblack.jpg
90KB, 920x920px
>>8561640

Would that bleaching effectively work on these? I really like the white ones but they don't come in my size (16).
>>
>>8564048
>size 16
>16
How tall are you like 7 ft?
>>
>>8564048
>size 16
bruh
>>
>>8564048
Bleaching will probably turn them orange and not white. Real talk.
>>
Sick thread. Keep up the work OP
>>
File: It_100a6a_663520.jpg (79KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
It_100a6a_663520.jpg
79KB, 720x479px
>>8563109
>>
>>8564048
Are those suede or canvas? I think the thread has proven that canvas works fantastically well, you'd be experimenting if it was some other material.
>>
>>8561726
>>8561726

>100% bleach

careful with that shit nigga.
id advise everyone else thats going to inevitably try this to use a 50/50 water bleach mixture first and try that out. bleach WILL eat through the fabric.
>>
>>8561640
so what kind of palladium boots are those anyway?
>>
>>8564368
Google seems to think you can neutralize the bleach with hydrogen peroxide once you're done bleaching the fabric. I'm pretty sure you can get hydrogen peroxide cheaply at any pharmacy.
>>
>>8564436
Here ya are: http://www.palladiumboots.com/shop/us-men/us-men-footwear/mono-chrome-baggy-ii-black-73227-001.html
>>
anyone here has experience with bleaching/dying jeans? mommy bought me some ungodly pre-faded blue denim but it fits perfectly so I wanna salvage them.
>>
>>8564467
OP here, back from last night.

Those are the 'new' Palladium Mono Chrome Baggy II.
I'm positive I must have picked up an older version (which doesn't seem to be on their online store anymore), because taking a closer look, it looks like they updated the fabric from 100% canvas to nylon with Nubuck synthetic leather on the heel and inside the shoe.

Proceed with caution, since I don't know how nylon or Nubuck would react to bleach yet.
>>
>>8564557
Where they these, OP? These are just listed as "Mono Chrome Baggy," no II.

http://www.palladiumboots.com/shop/us-men/us-men-footwear/mono-chrome-baggy-black-73116-001.html
>>
>>8564593
Goddamit *Were*
>>
>>8564593
Thanks for finding those, those are them! I guess I wasn't paying as close attention when I was scrolling through their selection.
>>
>>8564048
The ones in that pic have suede in them, which won't work (you'll ruin them). But if you can find them in pure canvas, sure.
>>
>>8564619
How long did you soak the boots in the bucket of bleach, OP?
>>
>>8564694
Hmm... I kind of forgot, no more than 2 hours I think.

The bucket is a cleaning bucket that holds 15 liters. I was a bit of a pussy and only put in a cup of bleach at first. I kept coming back and adding more and more when I saw it was barely changing. Finally it reached orange, but around that time I found the video I linked on spray-bleaching canvas.
>>
>>8563157
synthetic fibers dont bleach or dye bc bleach can only affect organic fibers and not plastic
basics man
>>
>>8564517
What sort of end result are you hoping for? Solid, splattered, half-dipped, etc? Post pics.
>>
>>8564517
dye it darker instead
>>
>>8561640
Bullshit. How did you bleech them but kept the stiching so precisely black?
>>
File: Rainbows_Bleached_Web.jpg (150KB, 832x304px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbows_Bleached_Web.jpg
150KB, 832x304px
>>8565318
presumably the thread is synthetic.
>>
>>8565318
Watch this video at the 7:30 mark >>8561726
>>
>>8564456
What do you mean neutralize the bleach?
>>
>>8565388
Bleach is very caustic, and hydrogen peroxide is much less-so.
>>
>>8564353
>>8564662

Oh true.

>>8564102

Well can't I just keep bleaching them? Or does it not work like that?

>>8564078

6'2" but I have big hands and feet like a neanderthal I hate it.

>>8564083
I know
>>
I might get the stonewashed ones. How'd they fit?
>>
>>8566996
I found they fit somewhat narrow, especially across the area where the lace panels attach near the toe.

This problem wasn't so bad, since the canvas also stretches out a bit in the first few wears, making them pretty comfy once it breaks in.
>>
could you bleach (green) leather shoes to make them white?
>>
>>8567158
As long as it's real leather, it should work in theory.
>>
>>8566996

Mine arrived Friday and I've worn them for about 3 full days now.
> Aggressively narrow mid-shoe. Added an additional sole to raise my feet platforming and reduce pressure on the arc of my foot.
> The clips that make it low-top wobble and jiggle a bit when not clipped.
> Seems to break in relatively easy. Was uncomfortable for the first day or two, slowly getting more bearable. Slightly less comfortable than vans authentic.
> The laces 165cm are too short if you want to put them through the highest holes for high-top wear, they should have shipped with 180cm laces.
> Insoles are removable and well made. Inside is stitched.
> Girls love them.
>>
>>8567202

+ the shoes come in both China and Vietnam made. Mine are Vietnam and are made relatively well, apparently the Chinese made ones have less quality control and material quality.
>>
>>8561640
I'M ABOUT TO DIY ME SOME DESERT NINJA BOOTS.
>>
>>8561896
MARS CORE IS NOW
>>
>>8562489
It seemed like a normal reaction pic until I read the caption.
Now it's giving me feels.
>>
>>8563217
>not just running a soldering iron over the branding in an 'X' path.
>>
>>8564000
Tell your GF to take the train back to pleb town.
>caring about the durability of your clothes
All that matters is that they look cool.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.