[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are people going to wear in the future? I thought by now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14

What are people going to wear in the future? I thought by now we were all supposed to be wearing metallic jump suits and shit.

Will the suit ever be replaced?
Will togas make a comeback?
>>
>>8556125
>metallic jumpsuits
>ever
kek

nigga fashion is like a spiral of madness and aesthetics, some things will stay forever as the center of the spiral, some thing will be throuwn away on the dge of it, some thing will stay some will fade away

probably in a couple of years we will see engineered suits and cocktail dresses while seeing very plain and minimalistic casual wear
>>
Maximalism

20 years from now.
The mix of different color palettes and textures, everything will be cotton , this will happen also in an architectural way.
Screencap this, I come from the future.
>>
>tfw no Coins, Keys or Candy For Cuties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9eAiy0IGBI
>>
File: parachutejacket.jpg (33KB, 287x413px) Image search: [Google]
parachutejacket.jpg
33KB, 287x413px
patrik ervell
>>
i think the fashion in the movie Her is one of the more realistic depictions of what we might wear

style seems to repeat itself, like how a lot of 90s and 80s fashion and motifs seems to be currently coming back. the style in Her resembled clothing from the 70s and 80s but is still visible modern.

im tired as hell and i feel loopy but do you get what im sayin?
>>
>>8557265
>wanting to make everything made out of cotton
>cotton is getting more expensive
>wanting to make buildings more expensive
>with this economy

kek, i cant see nothing but minimalist buildings in more that 25 years, fashion isnt going to change just because some faggot on the internet said it so, everything is influenced by the einvoirement
>>
File: 419qXrvtRLL.jpg (17KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
419qXrvtRLL.jpg
17KB, 500x213px
I've always thought it would be small changes to basic core fashion pieces like suits and shit
>>
>>8557323
I came in this thread to post this
>>
what
>>
>>8557323
yeah we've kinda been on a 20 year cycle since the 70s
>>
>>8557323
this will be exactly it
>>
>>8556125
Near future Velour.
Decade from now, 3D printed to fit plastics.
>>
nothing bc were all gonna be dead when ww3 hits in september
sceencap this
an earthquake magnitude 8 will hit chile on th e 30th
>>
>>8557304
>patrik ervell

ayy lmao
>>
>>8556125

WTF... is Bishop wearing RAFIDAS?
>>
>>
>>8557520
>Velour.
Wtf?
>>
>>8558036
ikr

fuckin nxtlvl
>>
>>8558043
i love this fit. that frilly stuff adds something really special. so cool
>>
>>8559594

It's (likely) ostrich feather, but synthetic alternatives abound.
>>
>>8559608
does ostrich look like that? looks more like individual fibers than fibers connected to feathers
like llama almost
>>
File: 1402645386410.jpg (435KB, 1438x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1402645386410.jpg
435KB, 1438x1080px
>>
I think polyester blended activewear has already taken over as far as the masses are concerned. "Fashionable" people will keep playing on trends and revisiting historical references, but the mainsteam will choose affordable and comfortable every time. I don't think minimalism will become popular with the general population however. That will continue to be niche.
>>
File: jane_fonda_in_barbarella.jpg (24KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
jane_fonda_in_barbarella.jpg
24KB, 640x425px
>no barbarella
>>
File: Terry_Mcginnis_Model_Sheet.jpg (39KB, 497x421px) Image search: [Google]
Terry_Mcginnis_Model_Sheet.jpg
39KB, 497x421px
Batman Beyond is a great example of plausible futuristic fashion.

>suits without labels
>solid colors
>angles
>slim fits
>henleys with the whole button area removed

I like it.
>>
>>8566732
>black belt
>brown shoes
>future
>>
>>8566737

They might be sneakers.

You only have to match when they're dressy stuff.
>>
>>8566737

Is that a rule right ther?
>>
>>8566747
>>8566751
brb calling fashion police
>>
File: futuer.png (818KB, 790x1076px) Image search: [Google]
futuer.png
818KB, 790x1076px
>>8557323

Her fashion for the middle class Earth people

if we settle space, Lunarcore for those people

for higher class Earth I'm going to go with deus ex human revolution cyber renaissance style
>>
File: tumblr_n50dfjbQ711rydwbvo1_500.gif (802KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n50dfjbQ711rydwbvo1_500.gif
802KB, 500x279px
>>8566757

>Trying to call the police on Batman
>>
>>8566762

I´d go for everything Jodie Foster wore in Elysium
>>
>walk down the street in militarycore bordering on post-apo cause mostly black fit
>a chav sees me and yells at his friends
>"OI LOOK AT DIS CUNT HE'S FROM THE FUTURE!"
>I keep walking and yell back
>"DAMN RIGHT I'M FROM THE FUCKING FUTURE YOU'LL SEE ONE DAY Y'ALL BE DRESSING LIKE THIS. YOU OR YOUR KIDS, DON'T MATTER."
>"Y-yeah well don't get ahead of yourself m8.."

it's a goof deel
>>
>>8562829
SPANDEXCORE FUCKING WHEN, FUTURE?

BACK TO THE FUTURE PART 2 PROMISED ME THAT THERE WOULD BE HOT CHICKS WEARING FULL-SPANDEX IN PUBLIC BY NOW.
>>
>>8556125
If society continues it's trajectory of militarization, at some point normal people MIGHT dress a little like OP's alien still. It's depressing to think that the world is actually going to get even grimmer and drabber than it already is.
>>
>>8566795
We're militarizing? Since when?
If it brings us cool lunarcore fits it's not really a depressing thought.
>>
File: Wez.jpg (34KB, 440x306px) Image search: [Google]
Wez.jpg
34KB, 440x306px
>>8556125
this seems about right
>>
>>8566805
The Mohawkers were by far the effayest gang.
>>
>>8566803
No offense, anon, but do you ever watch the news?
>>
>>8566809
When the end finally comes, I'm join' full-on Road Warrior-core. Football shoulder pads and a fucking red mohawk.
>>
>>8556125
lunarcore
>>
>>8566810
How long have you been watching the news? Ever since news became a thing, war always got a shitload of coverage.

Clearly you weren't there when the war on terror thing was in full swing. Compared to that, we're living in an utopian hippiefest of a world.
And the war on terror was a hippiefest compared to what happened in the XXth century

Maybe you're living in Ukraine or some other irrelevant shithole but those don't even know that peace is a thing
>>
>>8566795
Well at least I can get cooler milsurp fits going.

Hell, let's start pushing the trend. Wear webbing gear, coveralls, etc.
>>
as some as Thom Browne suits came out you had to think we were going to go looser and baggy soon.

or will someone make a smaller tighter suit than ysl and thom?
>>
>>8566819
well you better start bulkin', because there's only two kinds of Mohawkers: tops, and bottoms.
>>
>>8566809
The next gangs will be the Flame Boys, the Polecats, and the War Boys of the Citadel, according to concept art.
>>
we won't need clothes because we'll live in a perfect clean society with no harsh conditions
>>
>>8566838
kek
>>
File: piggie mobile.jpg (863KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
piggie mobile.jpg
863KB, 1600x1200px
>>8566828
>we're living in an utopian hippiefest of a world.

I don't know where you live, anon, but I wanna move there.
>>
>>8566886
France. Jews are mind-controlling the elites into sending what few soldiers we have in Kebab countries.
>>
>>8566886
>SWAT
>militaries
>not untrained jocks with tactical gear
>>
>>8566903
Are you seriously attempting to imply that the typical American cop isn't/wasn't some shithead jock when he was in school?

Speaking in regards to America, at least, you'd have to be blind and oblivious to not be aware of the militaristic conditioning we're always receiving. Militarizing a country and its populace doesn't just happen overnight, you know. It's a slow, insidious process, anon. But the point is, city cops have motherfucking tanks and machine guns.
>>
>>8566895
I'd love to live in France, anon, even with kebabs and whatever racial tension bullshit is going on there. I really don't see how it could be any worse than America, really, except the races are different and the bullshit hits you in different ways.
>>
>>8566795
>you in charge of history
the world is in the best shape it's ever been since humans began to rule it, we're more tolerant, civilized and advanced than ever.
you're watching way too many movies
>>
>>8566942
Same with demilitarization, and you haven't even noticed that it's been going on for decades, because it's been going on for decades. And giving scarier costumes to our cops won't make our society any more militarized. Not when the gubmint of each country has to make up tons of bullshit excuses about democracy and human rights in order to engage in military actions and chastise each other every time a handful of soldiers get killed.
>>
>>8566963
Lol, france is a mid tier euro country and everyone there would be a dick to you for being an american. Find a state you like.
>>
>>8557300
loool love that quote errytime dis gets posted
>>
>>8566963
Well first off we don't have shameless, badass TV ads like in the US about delicious junk food. Here, every time a food product is advertised, there's an annoying message or line about how you should eat healthy, watch your carbs, go to bed early, brush your teeth, study well at school, pay your taxes, be polite, help the old ladies cross the street, be a good citizen and always be happy but also wary of everything because everything is carcinogenic and gives you ear hair and bad breath.
it gets tiring after a while.
>>
>>8566995
No, we're just dicks to everyone. Hating Americans is so early 2000s.
>>
>>8566977
I don't believe human nature has changed one whit since caveman days. Our savagery is just expressed in different ways, and it's harder to recognize. But our civilized behavior is really just the thinnest of veneers, and we (humans) do crazy evil shit when things go wrong. You're aware of the theory of "shadow?" Well, I think all people have shadows that are far, FAR darker that they even realize..
>>
>>8567018
You know I don't say that often, because, let's face it, 99,99% of the time, it's uncalled for, but man, you're trying waaayyyy too hard to be edgy.

I'm not even sure whether those two full stops at the end of your sentence are a typo or for dramatic effect.
>>
>>8567029
Naw, just a typo. And I'm not being edgy, I've just been watching shit on youtube today, like that Ukranian bloodbath from a month or so ago. I'm speaking of the one where all those people got lured into a government building and ended up getting raped, killed and set on fire. Gory, savage shit like that makes you realize how close we all are to that sort of thing. And I would actually encourage you to maybe open up to the possibility, even if it makes you feel uncomfortably "edgy," because wars and social chaos CAN spontaneously happen even in places where you'd swear it wasn't possible. Evil shit happens, anions, and it proves what ordinary people are capable of.
>>
>>8557918
OH MAN THAT IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8567018
>I don't believe human nature has changed one whit since caveman days
well, neither do i, but at least we're a bit more controlled now
>>
>>8567058
You saw congenitally warlike savages (also known as slavs) kill each other, and you jumped to the conclusion that it could happen anywhere and that we're all like Ukrainians because gubmint?

You fucking wish we had as much balls as slavs, if our gubmints pulled the same kind of shit on us, we'd quiet down within two weeks.
>>
>>8567069
Back Mother Theresa into a corner and she'll stab your ass dead, anon. Anyone is capable of anything, whether they're fucking Slavs or not. Know thyself, anon.
>>
>>8567085
yeah no
some people are pussies, and Mother Theresa isn't one of them.
People don't behave entirely at random, and you're blowing things massively out of proportions.

Do you have an anxiety disorder of some kind or are you just discovering that people can be mean to each other ?
>>
>>8567094
Bro, before I abandon this thread, all I can say is you must not have ever suffered through gang violence or anything like that. Trust me, obsessing over people's capacity to go with the flow and get caught up in lynch mob-like violence is just a normal, natural response to life events for some people. I feel happy for you that you don't know what the fuck I'm even talking about.
>>
who the fuck let a /pol/tard loose
>>
>>8557300
>skirts will disappear completely.
>he'll be fitted with a telephone and a radio.
This is actually pretty spooky. They must have had info from time travelers or some shit.
>>
Lunarcore will be the future.
>>
File: skype 1910.jpg (88KB, 550x323px) Image search: [Google]
skype 1910.jpg
88KB, 550x323px
>>8567343
sometimes their shit is 2spooky and other times it's completely ridiculous.
often both.
>>
>>8557323
It makes me fucking sick, so boring. We're rehashing shit that is only twenty years old. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>8557300
How naive they were. Wasn't wrong about skirts disappearing, though.
>>
>>8557323
This was my first thought, too.
>>
>>8566794
Are you high?

Fucking go outside.
>>
>>8566762
Everything was so aesthetic in DE:HR. From the interior design to the clothing, it was definitely pleasing to the eye.
>>
>>8566794

yoga pants dude
>>
>>8557300
the outfit at 0:51 is dope as fuck.
>>
File: 1406670685329.jpg (9KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
1406670685329.jpg
9KB, 250x219px
>tfw no lunarcore, just swagfags and baggy hoodies for everyone
>>
>>8567343
skirts are still around
i was more spooked by
>the air will be kept at a constant temp with science
>>
>>8557918
>an earthquake magnitude 8 will hit chile on th e 30th
are those news? i bet chile haves an earthqueake every month not even they give a fuck
>>
>>8566747
this fucking pleb

someone ban this faggot
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.