[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, how much have your feet been deformed from wearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 21

File: shoes vs no shoes diagram.png (86KB, 440x266px) Image search: [Google]
shoes vs no shoes diagram.png
86KB, 440x266px
Be honest, how much have your feet been deformed from wearing fashionable shoes?
>>
>>8532841
Yes, but my outer toes still hurt in most shoes because they're not quite like the image on the right (yet?).
>>
>>8532841
post source.
>>
>>8532841
my feet are all fucked up.

one is a little bigger than the other, and one leg is a little longer than the other.

so all shoes fit like shit. gives me awful posture
>>
>>8532873
>one is a little bigger than the other, and one leg is a little longer than the other.
Everyone is like that to varying degrees. At least in regards to the foot size disparity. The leg thing, not drastic.

If you're not a full size difference between shoes, and don't need an elevated base on the shoes for compensation of your shorter leg so you don't topple over or something, then you have nothing to worry about.

>Be honest, how much have your feet been deformed from wearing fashionable shoes?

Deformed? Not so much. I go barefoot at home, and whenever I'm walking on dirty ground (I live by the sea, so sand is fine).

But they've suffered. Red Wings, Trickers, Vibergs. My feet bear scars from breaking these in, sequentially (red wings first so they are to blame)
>>
>>8532969
>not drastic.
I mean, not AS drastic.

I've only ever known one person who had a really shorter leg compared to the other one, and you could hear him thumping along from a way off. He had special shoes made, one with a thicker sole, higher heel, and probably elevated inside. If you're not that bad, then you've got normal issues.
>>
>>8532866
google img search "baby feet"
>>
File: feet (2).jpg (130KB, 619x535px) Image search: [Google]
feet (2).jpg
130KB, 619x535px
>>8532866
1905 study in the American Journal of Orthopedic Surgery
>>
My feet have always looked a little like that. On my right foot my toe is bent inwards more because I broke it at a show but that's it
>>
But my feet still look more like the pic on the left than the right and I wear shoes all the time
>>
>>8533011
do you wear wide shoes?
>>
>>8532996
What is the fashion solution to form over function?

I don't want to look like a physics grad student by walking around barefoot. Nike frees are pretty good even though a bit pointy, but what about formal shoes?
>>
File: A00140F04.jpg (12KB, 295x199px) Image search: [Google]
A00140F04.jpg
12KB, 295x199px
>>
zero arches, Bipedal.Hell after several minutes
>>
>>8533023
natural shapes shoes are simply too niche, there's no market for formalwear in it.

well, there is, but the people making them are the sort of nerds who don't have real office jobs and walk around barefoot all day.
>>
>>8533047
what shoes are those? w2c
>>
>>8533083
Altum, it was a kickstarter project.

dude used his own foot as a last and because his foot is gross and cramped the shoes don't actually fit anybody else.
>>
>>8533090
damn, looks like his toes are squished from years of wearing too tight shoes. Sucks that there aren't much options for comfy formal shoes.
>>
File: LivingBarefootFF 108.jpg (134KB, 800x794px) Image search: [Google]
LivingBarefootFF 108.jpg
134KB, 800x794px
the least terrible barefoot-formalish shoe i've seen is the Flexible Footwear shoe, but only one guy on the internet actually owns a pair and he never posted a fit.

they're made-to-order, cost as much as a pair of CPs and their website is so 1.0 you have to order through the phone.
>>
>>8533133
Is this the site?
http://www.flexiblefootwear.com/

Looks like rubber sole, any idea how long they would last for? I am assuming they aren't re-soleable.
>>
>>8533147
ok, just found this:
>Flexible Footwear can be resoled and restored to like-new condition, when necessary, for a fee of 50-75% of the cost of a new pair.

still not bad if the leather quality is any good. the style looks fine to me, just like any other derby.
>>
>>8533147
honestly i have no idea. the only barefoot shoes i've owned have been New Balances with the soft foam Minimus sole.

heck, only reason i even know they exist is because i stumbled across this review:

http://www.livingbarefoot.info/2010/05/review-flexible-footwear-shoes-possibly-the-dress-shoe-weve-all-been-waiting-for/
>>
File: LivingBarefootFF 120.jpg (62KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
LivingBarefootFF 120.jpg
62KB, 800x531px
>>8533164
yeah, this looks a little weird.. I guess it would flatten out with your body weight. Either way at least it would be comfy.
>>
don't drive, walk most places. i started wearing thin soles (think chucks, vans, skate shoes, havaianas) only after the whole barefoot running meme many years ago. if you go thin sole or barefoot your gait changes and your feet adapt and take most of the loading

i can tell cause my legs/shins hurt anytime i wear running shoes with a fat sole and a lot of cushioning now.

i think a fat heavy sole/uncomfortable shoe will do more harm to your legs, butt and back than your feet
>>
File: LivingBarefootFF 109.jpg (102KB, 800x757px) Image search: [Google]
LivingBarefootFF 109.jpg
102KB, 800x757px
>>8533174
>>
>>8533186
but don't your chucks and vans cramp your toes, pushing them inward?

even if you aren't aware, it may be happening to some degree.
>>
>>8533174

as you get more casual, the options start to broaden a bit.
VivoBarefoot makes a lot of regular looking minimal shoes.

the lion's share of the market is still garishly neon running shoes, though.
>>
>>8533186
>i started wearing thin soles (think chucks, vans, skate shoes

funny. i've recently switched to a pair of chucks because i wanted a stiffer sole for my bike.
these things are quite thick and heavy as fuck compared to the Minimus shoes I've been wearing. toebox is considerably narrower as well.
>>
>>8533208
i just put it on my chucks and noticed there's squeezing and tension at the big toe. didn't notice that before

with a barefoot gait the big toe is further apart.
the right sandals are probably the most comfortable but get a bad pair (i got a pair from DC) and my pinky toe is literally on fire and takes a lot of the load for some reason

still i do a bit of walking normally (7km the other weekend) and those are the best options i have. probably will look into some other choices if there are some ideas in this thread
>>
>>8533133

>Ronald McDonald formal wear
>>
what if someone is born with feet like this? Is that possible or is it all bc of shoes? I think my sister was born this way
>>
File: ccp.jpg (51KB, 845x475px) Image search: [Google]
ccp.jpg
51KB, 845x475px
>>8533247
I think this is what you meant
>>
File: Huaraches,_on_ground.jpg (550KB, 1000x596px) Image search: [Google]
Huaraches,_on_ground.jpg
550KB, 1000x596px
>>8533233
if you're fine with sandals then i'd recommend a pair of huaraches.
they're a thin piece of rubber with three holes and a cord. nicer models have a bit of leather on top.

several makers popped up after Born To Run was published and they're all pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>8533233
>squeezing and tension at the big toe

sounds about right, just about all my shoes have this to some degree, bugs the shit out of me.
>>
File: baby-feet.jpg (271KB, 4946x1900px) Image search: [Google]
baby-feet.jpg
271KB, 4946x1900px
>>8533250
maybe to some degree, but could have just happened from shoes. my gf has really nice feet, they don't look deformed but her toes point more inward. This is more common with females because their shoes are even more restricting. my mom has it pretty bad from wearing heels for so long.
>>
File: 41trNgOJSML._SY395_.jpg (22KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
41trNgOJSML._SY395_.jpg
22KB, 395x395px
tabi boots? I owned some is high school, I would walk around the neighborhood wearing them while wielding my bokken.
>>
File: visvim-tabi-sashiko-folk-0.jpg (46KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
visvim-tabi-sashiko-folk-0.jpg
46KB, 540x400px
>>8533337
>>
File: Rikio Spike-Black 8-pair.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rikio Spike-Black 8-pair.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>8533345
>>
>>8533260

Hnnng, I would wear the fuck out of that.
>>
>>8533345
>tfw too poor
>>
>>8533337
ehhhh... japanese shoe sizes don't account for width. they only measure length and the whole country has weird narrow feet as a result.
>>
>>8533023
barefoot shoes
at their worst looking: vibram 5 fingers

more acceptable casual: vivo barefoot
i wear those because of my fucking planter fascist shit

no acceptable options for truly formal shoes, like anything that could be worn with a business suit
>>
File: vivo.jpg (16KB, 543x282px) Image search: [Google]
vivo.jpg
16KB, 543x282px
>>8533539
>vivo barefoot
http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/mens/bannister-mens?colour=White

not too bad, should have copped these instead of my CPs
>>
>>8533572
>that clownshoe toebox
>>
File: vivo lisbon.jpg (20KB, 494x335px) Image search: [Google]
vivo lisbon.jpg
20KB, 494x335px
>>8533572
they also have this guy for $325, doesn't look too bad.
>>
>>8533582
it needs to be that way for barefoot walking
when you land toes first they splay out, that's why op's pic of primitive's feet look that way

nobody looks at your shoes anyway, as long as they're not in neon colors
>>
File: bannister.jpg (20KB, 546x342px) Image search: [Google]
bannister.jpg
20KB, 546x342px
>>8533582
It doesn't have the same aesthetics but it does have the function part down. have any ideas of a middle ground?
>>
File: gorill.jpg (4KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
gorill.jpg
4KB, 262x193px
>>8533582
the alternative is gorilla feet
>>
File: vivo porto.jpg (24KB, 552x443px) Image search: [Google]
vivo porto.jpg
24KB, 552x443px
>>8533602
>>
My feet haven't changed. They're still flat and I go barefoot in my house
>>
>>8533602
all shoes designed for barefoot look like that like I said

nike and some of the other sporting brands have "barefoot-like" shoes but they're just a gimmick.

vivo and vibram are meant to just protect the soles of your feet from broken glass and nails and other crap on the ground

they have no support, so you have to know how to walk that way already

if you don't already walk barefoot, don't just go out and pair everything barefoot (especially running shoes) and start doing it

you'll wreck your feet if you've not developed parts of the foot and leg that aren't hard used because of wearing cushioned, thick heeled shoes for years.

it's like that hilarious lawsuit on vibram:
a whole bunch of bandwagoning idiots went out and bought them because "omg they're like better for sports" and then they inevitably fucked up their own feet because they didn't take a slow (10weeks +) transition.

and then they sued the company.
fucking retards.
>>
>>8533588
>>8533572
noice
>>
>>8533133
That's some 2rd rate leather right in a promo pic, lol.
>>
>>8532841
Mine aren't as bad as OP's picture but my big toe is closer together and sort of at an angle toward the rest of my toes.

That being said, I was a poorfag growing up. The main recreation I had as a child was playing outside and daydreaming. Also, living in a relatively rural area, the road that I lived on and my driveway were rough dirt roads.

I use to walk around barefoot on the dirt roads and in the fields. Even today, I like being barefoot. The feel of the rocks, grass and dust is so amazing. My feet are pretty calloused from so much walking barefoot but I like having "tough" feet.
>>
Grill here. Feet are fucked up forever.
Wearing flats hurts after a while and I automatically walk on my toes when walking up or down stairs even if I'm not wearing heels.
>>
>>8533211
I own several pairs of Vivos.

In my experience they can be great or they can be shit. Definitely try them on before you buy them.
(this sounds obvious but you americans have more non-online options than some of us do)
>>
Only the last three are smushed because the first is as long as my big toe so I get wide shoes.
>>
>>8532841
Right looks a million times better. The left ones are hideous. I have a foot fetish so I know what's what.
>>
>>8533794
Post pictures of bare feet, please.
>>
>>8533794
Arent those bad for your back too?
>>
>>8532841

my feet aren't because i actually make sure a shoe fits properly and doesn't crush my foot. I always buy wide shoes also.

it's more difficult to find good looking shoes, and it takes more time actually trying things on.
>>
>>8533265
That looks painful, this is from someone who is too used to foam cushioning the heel strikes
>>
I think my little toes got fucked up

When I was a kid, I was baffled at my mom's pinky toe because it looked so different than the others and was scared as fuck that my pinky would become like that as well. And it did. ;-;
>>
Climbing shoes will fuck you up.
>>
And with one post, /fa/ got self conscious about foot shape and the shoe game was changed forever

Side note: wearing toe separators used for painting nails feels amazing and probably helps combat the squishfoot deformity a little
>>
Just got surgery for Haglunds deformity. The most femine of the deformities, it's also called the pump bump because it's often a byproduct of wearing heals alot.

It's hereditary to some extend, my father had it aswell, still.
>>
>>8534568
Is that from wearing shoes too tight in the toe? What shoes do you wear now?
>>
>>8532841
My feet aren't deformed at all actually, thats good
>>
>>8533265
knew someone who used to run in those after he was told it was against the rules to run in just athletic tape wrapped around his feet.
>>
>>8534518
well, you don't heel strike in those in the first place.
or barefoot or in any other minimalist shoe, for that matter.
>>
>>8535288
Toes are fine, it's the heel. Just above the bone. It's hard to say decisively. My shoes score low on the comfort factor, can't deny that.

I've just been able to switch from flip flops to some heavy padded models. Still shit though. But i can't drive with fucking flip flops.
>>
>>8536757
good luck running like that for longer than 400m
>>
>>8537807
>good luck running like that for longer than 400m
try a marathon

it's not a problem if your feet are sufficiently used to it
>>
>>8537807
kenyan niggers do it their whole life
>>
https://nwfootankle.com/

For anyone interested in fixing their feet. Has basically all the info and links you could need
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.