[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ralph Simpsons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: $_57.jpg (306KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
306KB, 1600x1200px
How did this piece of shit Raf Simons sweatshirt sell for £250?

It's missing a cuff and holes everywhere. Is it meant to be like that? Lol at the 'good' condition listed in the description.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raf-Simons-Men-039-s-Faded-Black-AW02-03-Crewneck-Sweat-Size-52-Made-in-Belgium-/311010791355?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1653
>>
It's Raf Simons.
>>
>>8521024
maybe decrepit is someones style/core
>>
>>8521024
>mfw people actually bid on this shit
This is beyond atrocious. People will bid this much on a shitty sweater simply because it has the label "Raf Simons" attached to it. There's nothing special about it.
>>
I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be like that OP.
This post is just begging for people to say "if it's le Raf then /fa/ eats it up!".

>>8521037
Boom wow you got 'em good, nice reply, bang, ooh, ahh. Spot on! For sure.
>>
>pre-2005 Raf
here's your answer
>>
>>8521050
>IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT ON PURPOSE I SWEAR :(
>>
>>8521050
that was the correct answer though.
>>
>>8521050
You do not understand high fashion. It's okay just don't get mad over it, dude. Stick with Target.
>>
>>8521127
ok
>>
>>8521050
its not supposed to look like that, its jut damaged.

the answer, op, is because its collectable, archival, scarce, rare, hard to come by, discontinued, deadstock - BYE BYE BYE RAF
etc.

also because raf is shit now and doesnt make clothes like that anymore.
>>
>>8521024
It was also purchased by a batshit crazy buyer who bids on anything raf. Most likely a wealthy collector.
>>
>>8521236
He also got this http://www.ebay.com/itm/311010809276
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 720x576px)
image.jpg
86KB, 720x576px
>>8521240
Jesus, why would buy that. It just looks like your average punk jacket. I could buy a milsurp one and stitch on some patches.
>>
The people in this thread saying it's meant to be like that are stupid. It's definitely not meant to look like that. One of the cuffs has been completely ripped off.

I don't get why you would buy it even if you're a collector. Collectors usually want things in good condition.
>>
>>8523448
Because Raf Simons
>>
>>8521236
i think it's the creator of pyrex
>>
>why is this rare 1962 Ferrari 250 LM so expensive? it's chassis is fucked, it's exhaust has holes in it, is it meant to be like that? lol at people paying this much for it when you can buy a standard ford focus that does the same thing for cheaper

if you don't understand, get the fuck off this board
>>
>>8524224
That's a stupid assumption since you can restore vintage cars. You can't restore a faded sweater with moth holes, a missing cuff and wear marks.
>>
>>8521024
because raf drones

like everyone on here

it was probably someone on here
>>
>>8524224
Anon, you're pretending that this Raf Simons sweater is a Ferrari among sweaters, but it isn't.
>>
>>8525196
See
>>8524224
>>8521182
>>8521084
Suck a dick. OP plugged a loaded question and you fucking fell for it like a bunch of /fa/ggot hivemind fools.
>>
>>8524224
yeah but this is just a grey fucking jumper, not a state of art piece of complex engineering.

people get it, it's rare. it's probably just some guy with a hell load of cash which is a concept completely alien to the majority of posters.
>>
>>8525206
>raf drone
>accusing others of being in the /fa/ hivemind
>when the /fa/ hivemind made him a raf drone in the first place
TOP KEK, friend
youre ITT right now defending a cotton sweater because it has a label inside it carrying the name of important artist raf simons
and youre saying WE fell for something????
>>
File: 87468201.jpg (700KB, 1073x1429px) Image search: [Google]
87468201.jpg
700KB, 1073x1429px
>>
>>8525227
Alright mate, you need to settle down.
You seem like there's some kind of conspiracy going on and you've just found out or something, stop being a fucking sperg about it.

Yeah it's a Raf sweater, collectors exist out there, chances are it wasn't one of us. Okay? Okay. Crazy how this stuff works huh.

Do you think I bought it, or anyone here recommends buying stuff like that? Get the /fa/ dick out of your ass you shit head.
I didn't even say I liked Raf, did I?
>>
>>8524224
>comparing a 50 year old vintage Ferrari to a 10 year old cotton sweatshirt
>raf drones
>>
>>8525240
Why isnt Jeremy Scott not on that list? Also, what's wrong with Plokhov?
>>
>>8525240
hahahah this is gold.
>>
>>8525240
this is a pretty good list
[sp]i feel sorry for jun though[/sp]
>>
>>8525264
because plokhov is basically boris in terms of uninspired originality
>>
>>8525172
a rusty old car that's rare like the rari mentioned would still go for a fucking lot.

>>8525202
what would you say is a fair comparison to a ferrari in the sweater world then?

>>8525213
it's old raf. believe it or not collectors exist that WILL pay for it. 250 isn't really much when you have a decently paid job.

>>8525244
i only own 1 raf piece you bellend. hardly a drone. anyone raf has been shit for about 6 years now
>>
also i like how people on /fa/ are mad about someone dropping money on a nice piece. why don't you stick to asking what to buy with the 50 dollar UO voucher your grandma got you?
>>
>>8525710

it's ugly, plain and boring
>>
... Because its rare and collectable.
>>
File: image.jpg (603KB, 1536x2050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
603KB, 1536x2050px
The only think Raf has done recently that's decent are his dip dyes and derbies.
>>
>>8525749
and loads of cool ts. Ss14 ones are great
>>
>>8525725
it's a matter of opinion really. all this thread boils down to is someone liked the piece enough to pay 250 quid for it. why should it concern a bunch of autistic people on a 'fashion' board, who doesn't care about fashion at all beyond Rick t shirts and geos, Raf velcros, H&M and shit streetwear?
>>
>>8525699
well, i don't know much about cars but i know ferraris are famed for their engineering, performance and stylishness (i hope i'm correct about that) so i think likening this completely uninteresting sweater to a car like that is misleading
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.