[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cant decide on a raw denim brand. I'm liking japanese brands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: don-1.png (582KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
don-1.png
582KB, 504x504px
Cant decide on a raw denim brand. I'm liking japanese brands like a samurai, pure blue, or momotaro, but I'm hopeless as fuck.

Looking for around $300 US with decent shipping and a return policy.

Any advice /fa/?
>>
>>8497400
iron heart pure black in slim straight
>>
>>8497406
thanks for the response, but do you have a reason or explanation?
>>
Those Oni jeans that are super tapered are pretty cool. What are you looking for in a pair of jeans though?
>>
Oni 20oz low tension from Blue in Green
>>
>>8497434
Just some personality really.

I have some unbrandeds and I want something nicer. Preferably indigo.
>>
>>8497465
Red Cloud /thread
>>
>>8497465
You could check out story mfg.
>>8497519
Red Cloud is great too, don't let the made in china throw you off
>>
>>8497400
Pure Blue Japan XX-012, $230 on denimio. free shipping.

/thread.
>>
>tfw just got n&f okayama spirits in the mail

not actually relevent but they're cozy as fuck
>>
File: pics_533.jpg (136KB, 690x800px) Image search: [Google]
pics_533.jpg
136KB, 690x800px
>>8497400
uniqlo selvedge
>>
>>8499012
here's a link + fade pix.
http://imgur.com/a/pmjCa
http://www.denimio.com/pure-blue-japan-xx-012-14oz-deep-indigo-tapered-slim.html
>>
>>8499012
>$230
are you rich?
>>
do black jawnz fade well? i have a really good local source of denim but my knowledge is lacking.
>>
>>8499043
no, but i understand that raw denim is a unique and high quality product and will last you upwards of 3-4 years unlike shitty mall brand denim. $230 for 1 pair of jeans that lasts 3 years, or ~100+ a year on denim that falls apart after a year?

Also I wear denim pretty much every day that temperature allows. so my jeans last less time than most.
>>
File: dd.jpg (536KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
536KB, 800x533px
>>8499056
they fade to grey
>>
>>8499081
i dig
how are edwin and natural selection as far as jeans go?
>>
>>8499078
What the fuck are you talking about? Even if you wear denim everyday, are you wearing the same pair of jeans or something?
>>
>>8499102
you must be new. Yes. I wear the same pair of jeans most days of the week. I have chinos and shit for when i don't feel like wearing denim, but mostly I wear the same pair. some richer people have collections of 10+ pairs, but i have two(soon to be three) pairs of denim. one lightweight for the summer, one normal indigo pair, and one deep indigo pair that will be arriving in the fall.

Denim does not need to be washed after every wear, and wearing the same pair of jeans every day allows me to spend more money making the rest of my wardrobe better.

>>8499097
Edwin is hella good. Never heard of natural selection, i'd do some googling before you decide to buy any of their stuff.
>>
>>8499114

Momotaro.

If you really want to drop some $ on jeans, go grab some Samurai
>>
>>8499078
what do you do in your jeans that destroys them in a year
>>
>>8499122
biking, hiking, less washing, etc etc

>>8499118
yeah momotaro is pretty fuckin solid. never seen them do anything that genuinely sucked.
>>
>live in little old adelaide
>only things the city is good for is denim and rm williams
>>
I own 3sixteen slim tapered jeans in raw indigo & double black. Cost you $220/240 a pair, but they've been great so far. Japanese denim exclusively woven at Kuroki Mill, & manufactured in America.
>>
>buying $300 raws

Like most replies, you should spend around $200. Anything beyond that youre just buying for the brand

Momos and PBJ are great.
>>
>>8497400
pure blue japan is really cheap on rakuten
>>
>>8499114
>raw denim god
i bet you dress like shit
>>
>>8499136
How do Australians even wear jeans at all. Surely it's too hot year round.
>>
>>8497410
Not him, but Iron Heart's fades have great vertical falling.
>>
>>8499132
>less washing
That increases longevity.
>>
>>8499237
You could be buying for materials, unique details, and brand-specific cuts. Not many $200 pairs will be made from Zimbabwe cotton, which is great stuff if you don't care about slave labor. Iron Heart's jeans fade in a specific way. Momotaro has some pretty unique fabrics.
>>
File: CanderAfter1.jpg (135KB, 770x515px) Image search: [Google]
CanderAfter1.jpg
135KB, 770x515px
>>8501822
Patently false. The longer you go without washing your jeans, the more dirt and shit stays in the fabric and does damage to the cotton threads. Yes, harsh machine washes and tumble drying is super bad for denim (and all clothes, really), but you can hand wash or even cold wash them in a machine and hang dry. Water also temporarily strengthens the cotton. Not washing your jeans is how you get crotch blowouts after 8 months.

I'm so sick of all these new raw denim people. "put them in the freezer" "wear them in the ocean" "never fucking ever ever wash them" etc.

1. Consumer grade freezers typically don't get cold enough to kill smelly bacteria

2. You can do this if you want, it can lead to some pretty cool (if low contrast) fades, but wash them afterwards. You don't wanna leave salt in the cotton, just like dirt mentioned above

3. see above

Funny how people buy these specifically to beat the shit outa them, but then act like all of the dye will fall of as soon as they touch water. Your jeans will fade fine if you wash them, just be smart about it. Pic related are from SuFu's heavyweight competition, the dude's washed them at least 11 times.

/rant
>>
>>8499114
>one deep indigo pair that will be arriving in the fall

You gettin the BOM008s? I convinced my brother to pick up a pair as his first raws. Super stoked to see them.
>>
>>8501993
nope, the PBJ-XX012 contest jeans from denimio. BOM008s are nice tho. I might DIY some stealth stripes into my pair of PBJs with some leather scraps as an homage.

>>8501709
funnily enough, i did dress like shit up until a few months ago. besides my denim i dressed in shitty ill-fitting graphic tees and sweatshirts. i'm developing my style and purchasing some good shit for f/w. when that rolls around you'll see my fits. faggot.
>>
>>8501961
Not even near sick fades.
>>
>>8499078
I've had some skate brand raw denim jeans for 3 years and they are holding up just fine.
As long as the stitching isn't complete shit you don't really go too wrong with raw denim.
Year 3 of skateboarding (and taking falls) in the jeans and only now I have developed a scratch of half an inch to the right knee.
But if you got the money and want superb quality and brand jeans, go for it m8
>>
Somét is pretty nice. I wish my pair would fit me still.
>>
File: rcjuly16.jpg (671KB, 1217x900px) Image search: [Google]
rcjuly16.jpg
671KB, 1217x900px
I have a pair of Samurai 710's and a pair of Railcar Spikes x001.

Both are fantastic jeans, but the Samurais are way to thick to wear for summer.

I'm not sure if my next pair will be from PBJ or if I should get a bespoke pair from Den.m Bar.

Pic related, Railcars, about 2 and a half months of wear.
>>
>>8499114
>only owns Gustin's
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 640x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 640x646px
Sugarcane have always been my favorite but good luck if you are looking to go slim.

>my pair of Okinawa from a few years ago.
>>
>>8503669
gustin's cuts are too baggy for me m8 nice try tho. I've got 2 pairs of N&F with some PBJs on the way. but what's wrong with gustin?
>>
Best jeans I've ever bought are made by 3x1 denim

http://3x1.us/

It's a New York based company. They manufacture everything in-house.

They also do bespoke jeans for a much higher price
>>
>>8499056
>>8499081
They fade to whatever the weft is, which is often (usually?) but not always grey
>>
>>8499136
Do you mean stocking denim brands or actual local denim?
>RADelaide

>>8501717
Depends where you go, but it's often not super-hot all the time
Living up north is the worst because it's so fucking humid, down south it gets pretty cold and even where it gets really hot sometimes you can still wear jeans, it's not that bad.
>being used to it maybe?
>>
>>8503939
they made me butthurt with the 26ers
>>
File: front_8.jpg (713KB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
front_8.jpg
713KB, 1600x700px
Livid jeans

I like them, they are always so happy whem I walk in to the tiny factory to tempt my self.
>>
File: front_3.jpg (1MB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
front_3.jpg
1MB, 1600x700px
http://www.lividjeans.com/
>>
>>8505435
>>8505446
Wow, that's pretty cool - I mean, the cuts don't look to be out-of-this world but they're not terrible either; and it's a great thing to keep local industry alive at some level at least.

Might have to pick some up for uni next semester, thanks anon.
>>
>>8499081
Does anyone have exprience with cheap monday's black raw denim? Do they fade well.
>>
>>8499136
how was that fucking rain this morning mate?
>>
>>8506106
i swear there's at least a dozen of us on this board. i probably see at least one of you every day.
>>
anyone have experience with bluer jeans?
>>
Would non-selvedge jeans be okay as long as I watch them for possible deterioration and repair it if I see it?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.