[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spend however long getting dressed >look in mirror >look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

File: disorderinmirror.jpg (355KB, 806x850px) Image search: [Google]
disorderinmirror.jpg
355KB, 806x850px
>spend however long getting dressed
>look in mirror
>look good
>go downstairs
>look in different mirror before walking out the door
>look like shit

does anyone else experience this???

i know different angles and lighting and shit can make tiny adjustments to how we look but i see some pretty radical changes from mirror to mirror

unless i'm fucking crazy or something. even the way my clothes fit on me seems to vary

is this body dysmorphic disorder??? i'm scared guys
>>
I'm afraid you'll never walk again, anon.
>>
>>8496688
dysmorphia

either seek psychiatric help ornfake confidentlce till u make confidence nigga
>>
>>8496708
fuck ok i need links to /fa/ wheelchairs
>>
>>8496712
articles about BDD always say that but see that's the thing i'm a pretty confident dude and usually after i do my whole routine and put on clothes i feel good about myself but that only lasts til i look into a mirror that's like "haha you look like ass"

what is that about
>>
>>8496688
Op pic is hilarious
>>
>>8496731
What do you see in the mirror a fat lil piggy or something
>>
>>8496742
nah like i'll put on a shirt and it'll fit like shit so i'll throw it in a drawer somewhere, then a few days later i'll the find the same shirt put it on and that shit will fit me better than anything else i own

or i'll get dressed, leave the house feeling good, then get to wherever i was going and go to the bathroom, see myself in the mirror and think damn this wasn't what i looked like at home

i'm a lil girl i know
>>
>>8496688
I'm sure confidence plays a huge role in self-image but I don't know man. Some mirrors just have ways of enhancing or downplaying certain things. At least you get a general idea of how you look.

Just always try to feel good regardless and that'll carry the rest of the weight
>>
>>8496772
dude are you me? i have the exact same thing
>>
>>8496960
>>8496772
Same thing here
>>
insecure beta males itt
>>
>>8496981
>>8496960
PM'd you
>>
>>8497041
How did you send it to me?

Where can I access my inbox?
>>
>>8496688
Fuck man that always happens. The mirror by the front door makes my fits and skin and hair look like shit. Upstairs everything looks perfect.
>>
>>8496712
Did you have a stroke halfway through
>>
Y'all some fuckniggas.
Seinfeld did a whole episode on this.
>>
>>8497050
lol
>>
>>8497063
yes :(
>>
>>8497050
sent ;)
>>
>"Anon you look good!"
>Not really. What I'm wearing is really cheap and actually no fashionable at all. Anyone could buy it at the average mall. I don't feel I deserve praise for it because I haven't put in the money of effort to create a wardrobe of consistent, complementary designer pieces

>"Anon, you're handsome"
>No I'm honestly like a 4/10 at best I got the shitty facial genetics. Compliment my brother and not me, he's actually a model. I'll always be the uglier inferior one and anything I do to better myself will be misconstrued as an attempt to compensate for my aesthetic shortcomings. Besides, you're unattractive yourself, so nothing you say will make me feel validated in my appearance.

>"Anon you're so tall!"
>I'm 5'11'', that's the shortest any man should be without feeling compelled to commit suicide

Am I doing it right /fa/?
>>
>>8497117
who the fuck calls you tall?
>>
>>8497117
I was going to tell you to shut the fuck up, then I finished reading. Yep you got it down.
>>
>>8497117
5'11''? Where are you china?
>>
>>8497128
5'4'' girls mostly
>>
>>8497090
faxed ;)
>>
File: Too Much Feels.png (73KB, 550x453px) Image search: [Google]
Too Much Feels.png
73KB, 550x453px
>>8497117
>tfw 5'7"

Thinking I should just get with an actual midget or become a pedophile. Already took the first step on the latter.
>>
>>8496688
lol imagine how the chubby girl who played the chubby girl in the mirror felt about that photo, well bummed lol
>>
File: lula 1.jpg (30KB, 277x720px) Image search: [Google]
lula 1.jpg
30KB, 277x720px
>>8497220
>tfw 185cm
I know your pains anon. My best childhood friend had like 150cm when he was 17... Fucking hormones
>>
>>8497220
>become a pedophile
shit nigga pls don't
>>
>>8497244
Let him be. Maybe he won't get caught as people won't notice him amidst kids.
>>
>>8497220
>become a pedophile
disgusting and if youre considering it you probably already are one
>>
File: feels.png (521KB, 800x559px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
521KB, 800x559px
>>8497117

>be 5'11
>brother 6'2 and good looking musician
>>
>>8497267
Gotta work with what god gave you and for me it's underaged girls being attracted to me like I give off some kind of pheromone. I don't even know why, I look like a fatter faced macaully caulken.
>>
>>8497041
kek
>>
>>8497279
Oh good someone else knows what it's like to be the inferior brother

I'm slightly taller than him, though, so at least I have that on him
>>
>>8496688
I don't give a shit what anyone says, the chunky girl in the mirror looks millions of times more fertile and attractive then the skellington on the left. Plus she probably has an ass.
>>
File: 8pFgu.jpg (533KB, 2455x3000px) Image search: [Google]
8pFgu.jpg
533KB, 2455x3000px
>>8497432

Of course someone chubby looks better than someone anorexic, but they both look worse than someone who is medium or normal-thin with a good shape
>>
File: 004.jpg (40KB, 567x284px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
40KB, 567x284px
>>8496772
>nah like i'll put on a shirt and it'll fit like shit so i'll throw it in a drawer somewhere, then a few days later i'll the find the same shirt put it on and that shit will fit me better than anything else i own

this
>>
>>8497117
God, I'm exactly like this, only I'm 5'10 and my facial genetics are actually fairly good, but my body is trash because I used to be somewhat chubby and then I got super anorexic and then I just got flabby. Also, my arms are toothpicks, which ruins more outfits than you might assume.
>>
>>8496688
>grow hair into 90s-esque curtainswave
>think it looks dope as fuck 80% of the time, but every so often it looks kinda silly to me
>legitimately autistic man at work compliments it a week ago
>feel bad about myself, crave a haircut
>pull through, quickly return to loving my 'do
>fine af girl at work compliments my swagtastic hair today
>realize 90swave is the way of the future
thank you based /fa/ and your maymays
>>
>>8497283
>I look like a fatter faced macaully caulken.
then theoretically you could fuck a fatter faced Mila Kunis. So there's that
>>
>>8497503
I honestly don't really know how ugly I am. I just know I'm uglier than my brother, but he's a model, so that doesn't say much
>>
>>8497543
>not posting in a facial aesthetics thread
>>
>>8497575
I have a few times before but I feel like it's a pathetic thing to do. I always got neutral/no reaction; twice I was called hot but I'm 99% sure it was the same person both times, and I have no idea what he/she looks like. Plenty of people in real life have called me attractive, but none of them were 9/10s or worked in the fashion industry or anything, so their opinions can't make me feel validated in the way I look
>>
>>8497612
Someone's sense of aesthetics doesn't have much to do with their own innate appearance; you shouldn't dismiss praise like that.
>>
>>8497503
>my arms are toothpicks, which ruins more outfits than you might assume.
Oh god I know this feel, it is one of suffering
>>
>I always look good in my mirror
>Look tall and slender, just how I like it
>confidence
>move my mirror one day and realize the way it was propped against my wall made it slightly concave from top to bottom
>the entire time I thought I was tall and slender looking I was just average and my mirror was stretching me
>>
>>8497461
Does she have big feet?
>>
>bathroom mirror: look great in, especially when lamps are of and daylight is the only source of light
>kitchen mirror: look great in, except when the lights are dim
>hallway mirror at front door: look like shit
I always avoid the hallway mirror before heading out
>>
Remember that you will always look worse than you actually do. Sometimes its the opposite if you're like some extremely confident person, but for the most part, to the average person, you'll look fine.

If you were to just put on a plain black tee, slim/straight jeans and a pair of vans, no one would look at you and think "god he dresses like shit." People just don't pay as much attention to that stuff as you do, so don't worry about it as much.

Remember that fashion is a creative exercise, and like all creative things, you're not going to be thrilled about others seeing it unless you know you're good at what you do.

If you're dressing up in order to get others to think you're attractive, then you shouldn't be on /fa/. The people here are generally mixed between fashion kids and kids that just want to get attention from girls.
>>
>>8497972
>If you were to just put on a plain black tee, slim/straight jeans and a pair of vans
>no one would look at you and think "god he dresses like shit."

...I sure hope so, considering how, for the longest while, that was my idea of a perfectly pretty stylish outfit.
>>
>>8498259
Replace with black boots and you'll drown in pussy if you aren't fat and have nice hair
>>
>>8497279
>>8497407
>Tfw eldest brother calls me an inspiration
>Tfw he's better than me
>>
File: sexy mofocka.jpg (5KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
sexy mofocka.jpg
5KB, 280x180px
>>8496688
i make Hedi´s face but with squinted eyes when i pose to a mirror everytime without trying it, like a reflex

i´ve been told i´m a 7/10 and a 8/10 in clothes but i really doubt i´m a 7/10 in looks, i think i´m one hideous motherfucker, and that i´m a 9/10 in clothing

pic related is Hedi´s face i make
>>
>>8498684
what does hedi's haircut look like from the back, anyone got pics?
>>
>>8498259
It's not "stylish" at all, everything about it is plain. It's not minimal, it's not "normcore," it's just plain. There's no artistic value in that at all.
>>
>>8498799
imagine a very long fade from the bottom to the crown top and then kind of curly and thick, thats how it looks but with the curve of the neck, unless he got it straight

too bad there are very few pics of him and literally only one interview,
>>
>>8496688
>???
stop that
>>
>>8496960
>>8497471
fuck. it makes no sense right?
i'm not really sure if i like any of my wardrobe because of this
>>
>>8497516
post photo of hair
i got the yung leo aswell
>think it looks dope af
>some like some dont
>opinions start leaning forwad to non likable
>get very close to cutting all my hair off (imt rying to grow it)
>somehow get through the day and cop many compliments
>all is restored
>>
>>8496688
Yes I have this mirror in the hallway with the worst imaginable lighting.
You know the one that exposes every single flaw on your face and makes you look terrible.

Yes, OP, I do know that feel
>>
>>8501275
>tfw mirrors that are lit along the edge so you're face is totally bathed in bright florescent light

It's like taking every inconsistency in my skintone and cranking up the contrast. I remember when I used to have acne and looked in one of those mirrors it made a zit look like a serious facial wound.
>>
>>8497070
link?
>>
>>8497117
>tfw I am the 6'2 brother
>>
>>8498820
>clothes
>art
>real world

mark
>>
File: reaction laughing2.jpg (24KB, 225x250px) Image search: [Google]
reaction laughing2.jpg
24KB, 225x250px
>>8497117
>Bullied all through schooling age
>Now in college and actually pretty handsome
>Whenever someone hits on me/compliments me I refuse to mentally accept it and automatically assume that they're plotting to embarrass me or exploit me in some way
>tfw
>>
>>8502335
>bullied
>just like everyone else on fa
>>
>>8501704
>enter uniqlo changing room
>have to angle myself so that face isn't visible in mirror
>once glance = suicide
>>
>>8502212
Shut the fuck up, you don't know what you're talking about. There are ways to incorporate art into practical situations, such as dressing yourself. You either dress yourself as a means of creativity or you dress yourself to look good to chicks (don't act like you're dressing yourself to do manual labor, no one on /fa/ does that). One of them obviously has artistic value and the other does not, but that option doesn't imply that you're dressing goof ninja or some shit like that.
>>
>>8502335
>thought I was hot shit in school years
>encouragement whenever I asked someone about my appearance

Suddenly insecurities
>notice how bad I looked
>realize that everyone lied to me
>fix myself up
>still think compliments are polite lies

nobody wins
>>
>>8497972
I actually judge every single person i see
>>
>>8503408
>manual labor

anon, i do manual labor

>tfw only making 56k a year
>>
>>8496688
Get a good mirror, decent lighting in a spacious place where you get ready and allow enough time to adjust the final look a bit before walking out. If you are looking in a dark mirror in a cramped space at first while getting ready then yes, chances are you don't look very good when in good light and decent mirror.
>>
>Be on the subway
>See that no make-up model girl in the subway
>Cry at the fact you would never have a chance to be with such amazonian cos she be taller than you

Anyone with dem manlets feels?
>>
>>8503619
Obviously, I wasn't at subway. I was on the Tube.
>>
>>8503487
Because you're on /fa/, kiddo, of course you'll judge everyone you see. Most people are uninitiated in fashion, and even the ones that are typically aren't as judgmental as those in places like 4chan.

>>8503511
When I said "no one on /fa/," I actually meant the typical poster on /fa/. Typically, people here are like 16/17, so they can't even get many jobs involving manual labor that's actually notable. I don't really count stacking heavy boxes.
>>
>>8496852
>>8496688
i find lighting to play a big factor.
light hits you from one side when looking at one mirror, other side another. better/stronger lighting, etc
>>
>>8503461
>>still think compliments are polite lies
Are you me? I look back at my old me and always think how embarrassing I looked (and still may look). I don't give a shit about compliments because they can be just a way to get on positive terms (manipulating). I only care what I think of myself but that's not always working wholeheartedly.
>>
>>8504761
even though i kind of feel the same way, that in itself is a form of paranoia, just to let you know. to feel as if those will do/say things for merely a form of manipulation or too get what they want.

like i said im kind of the same, so i cant really judge, but i know its not too healthy
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.