[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a pea coat essentially just a fedora for your torso?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1684146_fpx.jpg (192KB, 1320x1616px) Image search: [Google]
1684146_fpx.jpg
192KB, 1320x1616px
Is a pea coat essentially just a fedora for your torso?
>>
It's a pretty common style across North America and Europe, I would say not.
>>
>>10951141
>It's a pretty common style
That doesn't justify it being fucking ugly
>>
>>10951141
>pretty common style across North America and Europe

So are yoga pants and cargo shorts
>>
For sure. It's the go-to coat for people that have absolutely no sense of style but want to look "classy".
>>
>>10951153
What is ugly about it? Alot of bigger men look decent in such a style.
>>
>>10951180
its too pointy looking
>>
>>10951180
The buttons and the collar, so basically the things that make it a pea coat.
An overcoat is the better option every single time.
>>
>>10951162
none of which are fedora-tier.
Peacoat's are pretty ordinary but they at least look nice.
>>
>>10951204
They look real nice when 9 out of every 10 people wearing them has their favorite video game graphic t-shirt underneath
>>
Why is this board so fucking shit
>>
>>10951230
Because of contrarian 14 year olds.
>>
>>10951215
nice bullshit statistic
>>
>>10951384
I am 99% sure you own a pea coat
>>
Right so, the peacoat is just that a COAT. Far too many people see it as another layer and use it to tie their jeans, skater shoes and graphic tees together. When the peacoat is properly used with a shirt w/o graphic and a collar shirt with decent set of casual leather shoes accompanied by say a solid khaki or chino, it becomes a coat that highlights the outfit... Thoughts?
>>
No it can look really nice
But wool overcoat is probably best for most
>>
>>10951153
it's not even close to ugly
you're letting /fa/ get to your head
>>
>>10951433

obviously, its a staple of classic clothing. There is a reason they're commissioned by the US Navy,
>>
>>10951411
and you're 100% wrong
>>
I own two, but I only wear them with a full outfit. Collared shirt, chinos/khakis, leather shoes, a groomed head, and a nice watch.

Don't wear it like you would a casual jacket/jumper with jeans and an "anime pro" t shirt or you'll look like a fuckwit.
This guy's got the right idea >>10951433
>>
>>10951202
Yeah, and an overcoat makes you look like a murderer so thats a plus
>>
>>10951111
They're nice coats, but too many people buy cheap peacoats from a polyester blend, or coats that don't fit properly. If it's a nice 100% wool coat or a cashmere blend that fits right they can look really nice.
>>
>>10951241
This
>>
>>10952473
This
>>
>>10951111
yes, and in 2016 so are bomber jackets and topcoats
>>
>>10951111
fedora.

they were totally replaced by bomber jackets.
>>
>>10953510
they're equally fedora now tho, they have them at target and Walmart
>>
>>10951861
Only if you're still in school or look like a loser.

Would you say this guy looks like a murderer?
>>
>>10953762
Nah he looks like a fag, which is a good thing
>>
>>10953762
>Implying an overcoat isn't just a longer peacoat
>>
>>10951111
pea coats used to be the standard of /fa/ you fucking newfag
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.