[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>complete two years course of Accutane >with all the negative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: scarpella.jpg (286KB, 999x1339px) Image search: [Google]
scarpella.jpg
286KB, 999x1339px
>complete two years course of Accutane
>with all the negative side-effects
>thought i was gonna commit suicide or mass shooting at the end of the course because my mood swings were so god damn high
>stop taking the drug
>fast forward three months
>acne is coming back in full force, almost like if i never took the drug

There's absolutely no escape and life is hell. The worst part is to get brotier advices from kids that had clear skin all their lifes.

>just drink more water and change your pillow sheets more often haha !
>>
>>10950346
This is very strange... how old are you?
If you are below 22 y.o. you should stick to accutane until you're after the adolescential acne phase.

Any case of acne is reduced after the years of peak hormonal imbalance.
>>
>>10950362
>>
>>10950346

I used Roaccutane for 2 years and felt exactly the same. Glad to hear I'm not some kind of psychopath as depression was the only listed side effect that I thought I had.

Anyone know what happens if you stop taking the drug for 6+ months and then start taking it again for 1 month. I stopped early because of the aforementioned side effects.

Is 1 months worth even worth it or will it have a negative effect (on my skin.)?
>>
What seems to help:

- Topical application, as well as increased oral intake, of linoleic acid

- Dietary elimination of dairy

- Dietary elimination of foods with a high GI load

- Not disrupting the naturally low pH of the skin by using ordinary soaps.

Also, systemic isotretinoin treatment is actually fully effective at lower doses as well - so it could be wise to use a lower mg/kg/day for a longer time to diminish the side effects.

B3 supplementation, as well as Zinc, seems to help alleviate some issues.

The 2nd poster is wrong, b t w. A five-minute-read about the epidemiology of acne would have informed them about how common it is for acne to persist through the 20s and the 30s.

~
>>
>>10950387
Does sweating a lot helps with anything ?
>>
>>10950346
I am older than you and have had skin problems my entire life.
If you've got full blown whitehead acne I'd consider that it's actually some kind of allergic reaction. Do you have much pet hair, dust or mould around your home?
>>
>>10950437
None. I'm pretty clean and keep my shit clean. I had a cat, but it died years ago.

I already did my research on potential allergy, and there's nothing in my nearest vicinity that could explain my actual issues.

I just don't know. Besides the zits are now appearing mostly on my scalp / neck / behind my ears.
>>
>>10950346
Ask your doctor for Duac. I've still got acne but it's helped a load. I'd say 70% of it has passed and it redness has subsided. Works quick.
>>
>>10950453
I'm kinda reluctant to take YET another drug to be honest. I just feel like a drug test subject at this stage and i fucking hate that.
>>
>>10950387
Based STHLM.

What do you think about taking Astaxanthin as an oral supplement? Will it give me the same benefits as eating daily Salmon portions or is the bioavailibity too shit?

What do you think about carotenoid supplements in general?
>>
>>10950346
>take titty skittles
>no more acne
Though side effects include boobs and cock lust
>>
>>10950482
What the fuck are you talking about.
>>
Damn bro, that sucks. I had terrible acne from 13-20, tried every topical and pill there was. My derm kept refusing to give me accutane until I tried "one more thing". Eventually I said if you don't prescribe me accutane today I'm going to another derm for my skincare. She was suddenly fine with it.
Anyway I did 6 months of hell and went off, had perfect skin for about 5 months, then started getting some spots. Now I usually have one zit at all times but it's miles better than before so whatever. Been off it for a year now.

I know the side effects are hell but isn't having a shitty face more of a hell? I'd probably take another cycle
>>
>>10950483
A mix of androgen antagonist and estrogen supplement

Does wonder for the skin honestly
>>
>>10950492
>I know the side effects are hell but isn't having a shitty face more of a hell?

No.

The mental state i was in during the last months of the course weren't acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>10950456
It's an ointment with minor side effects. Give it a google if you haven't already.
>>
>>10950493
That is so retarded. The health detriment is not worth clear skin.
>>
>>10950346
Sucks man. I always had problem skin after accutane too.

The only thing that I found that actually helped with was a topical treatment of 2.0% benzoyl peroxide (I always ordered from acne.org) . The pillow thing actually does help though.
>>
>>10950459
Great antioxidant. Plenty of positive benefits, beyond photoprotection in the skin. Probably more cost-effective as a pure supplement, compared with salmon. It'll also ensure that you only get astax (and not canthax).

Bioavailability is not an issue if you consume it with oils. This goes for most carotenoids.

This is a bit beyond the scope of /fa/, so for expert advice read up on:
/r/nootropics
/r/supplements
examine.com
>>
>>10950792
Thanks.
>>
I would just accept it. That way, no children will have to live with your predicament. Don't be selfish.
>>
File: brain.jpg (35KB, 604x203px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
35KB, 604x203px
>>10951478
Haha, original and funny comment mate ! Here have my upvote ;)
>>
>>10950387
This is all good advice. I never had terrible acne but what eliminated it almost completely for me (I think) was to cut out dairy. I use to drink milk all the time and a couple days after I stopped drinking it my acne just went away and very rarely comes back.
>>
>>10950792
>>10950792
Is whey protein considered a dairy product? I want to cut dairy out but still would like to use whey. Also, do you have any recommendations for low GI foods?
>>
>>10950447
Its definitely still acne? Could be pustules/dermatitis caused by skin infection.
>>
>>10952074
Most forms of whey are dairy products. Increased testosterone are going to have a negative effect on acne as well.
>>
>>10952074
The components in milk that help cause acne are different kinds of hormones and fatty hormone-like substances. Water-soluble whey isolates contain negligible amounts of those substances. You should be good.

As for the glycemic load, just google 'low glycemic load food'.
>>
>>10953932
What about cheese/cream/etc - cut them out too?
>>
>>10955387
spoonfeeding - the thread
>>
I know some of you will hate me for saying this, but, in some ways acne is a blessing.

It taught me good skincare habits as well as how to eat right
>>
File: 3.jpg (367KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
367KB, 1366x768px
Wear make-up, if you can't get rid of it the next best thing is to cover it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp5iy5JJqDA
>>
>>10955481
fuck off faggot im only asking because there's someone that knows what theyre talking about for once
>>
>>10955387
Yes, at least for now.
Once you see results, you can start eating a bit more of the stuff and see how it affects you - and choose between how much dairy you want to eat / how much acne you're willing to tolerate.
Good luck.
>>
File: 1451945150679.jpg (233KB, 1100x620px) Image search: [Google]
1451945150679.jpg
233KB, 1100x620px
>>10950346
its ok op, you'll get through it bud. Stress is also a factor so don't think about it too much. Rooting for you in the journey against acne!
>>
>>10950346
What were the side effects? I've heard about depression and shit like that but I've also heard that there are alot more side effects
>>
>>10950375
Full dermatransplantation. Trust me. It worked for me.
>>
>>10950346

why don't you try washing your face for once, you greasy pizza-faced loser?
>>
>>10950492
I had no huge side effects beside very dry lips and hands at all. Almost half an year passed, get two or three very small cystic spots at least once a month, but they go away after two or three days. Not sure if new course is needed in my case (would be free for me because Europoor).
>>
>>10955719
No. Please no. You have fucking cystic shit in them, and you take even last breathability from your skin with make-up. So in the end you get even worse skin problems. Also eventually you will be seen without make-up anyway. What will you do than?
>>
My pores are huge and I want to die
>>
drink more water bro
>>
Year after accutane.
>scars and red dots (no acne) on my forehead, reduced with laser, not I save up for new session
>still black dots on nose (no idea how to fight this shit)
>couperosis (well, reduced a bit when I sleep enough and use creme)
>red dots and small cystic stuff on beard (guess it's time to change my shitty gilette for merkyr)
>>
>>10955719
lookin like mars with all that makeup over those cysts
>>
>>10950346
Have had same exact problem OP, two courses of accutane and acne still came back, it was miserable and I will never go to the dermatologist again.

My skin has been improving with me implementing the following:
1. Gallon of water a day (serious dude need to be drinking this much if you want your skin to improve)
2. Switch to a gentle facial soap, I use this http://www.neutrogena.com/product/ultra+gentle+daily+cleanser.do , let the soap soak on your face for a minute before washing it away.
3. Use a moisturizer once a night, I use http://www.neutrogena.com/product/neutrogena-+naturals+multi-vitamin+nourishing+moisturizer.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search , if your skin is dry it will overcompensate for making oils and clog pores which causes acne.
4. I also started taking fish oil, the fatty acids help create healthy skin

Really hope you can take something from this, acne is such a bitch, no one should have to suffer through it
>>
I had had acne for 8 years, been on accutane three times and nothing seemed to help. Once I moved on my own I stopped using dairy products and acne/oily face was gone. If only I had done that sooner so I wouldn't have scars.
>>
>>10959270
Do you mean fish oil as pills or masks/cosmetics with fish oil?
>>
has anyone successfully cleared ice pick / box scars? How did you do it? I had horrible cystic acne and it's all gone, but I have little indents on my face now that are visible in some lighting.
>>
>mfw /fa/ never took /fit/'s advice back in 2008 when we constantly crosspoasted to tell you stupid faggots to stay away from creams and supposed "treatments"
>>
>>10959363
oral supplement
>>
>>10959363
He means the pills you take, it helps clear up the skin but some people react badly to that too. If you do react badly, cut it out and start taking panothenic acid which is also a pill
>>
>>10950346
Scarred skin is such a shitty thing to die over. I took Accutane when I was a teenager, and I still have spontanoeous nosebleeds that I never had before taking Accutane. I had suicide ideation, which is really odd now that it is in retrospect.

I know the acne seems bad, but is it bad enough to nuke your body over?
>>
>>10958916
I googled that and found nothing.
>>
>>10959145
>still black dots on nose (no idea how to fight this shit)
Buy a comedone extractor, they're like £4 on Amazon. Use it once/twice a week as needed. It can be quite painful and it gives you a very red nose for a few hours afterwards so do it before you go to bed rather than just before you go out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9SL_lrKmKs
>>
>>10959816
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004PH0JGO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=556245207&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004VN31YE&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=0RXQ47GTXNPTVJFX9YSZ

Something like this?
>>
>>10959816
>this video
Fuck I ate five minutes before.
>>
>>10959608
Which dosage? 1000 mg, 300 mg, I seem any different ones.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>10961425
That's the one. I used to have really bad blackheads and nothing I tried ever worked. Some people can just squeeze them out with their fingers but that never worked for me. The comedone extractor got rid of them all. Make sure you wash your face after you use it to prevent you getting any spots on your nose
>>
OP watch what you eat. Low fat diet, no red meats. Stick to turkey and chicken as main protein, low cheese. VERY little to no sweets or food with sugar. Definitely no chocolate. No fried or greasy foods. Like pretty much never eat fried foods.

Diet, stress and upkeep is how to tackle acne.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.