[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Model thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (373KB, 1000x1499px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
373KB, 1000x1499px
How to start modeling? What are famous recruiter model agencies? Should model career start with smaller ones?

Asking not for me, but for my friend, who has specific appearance which IMO stands for modeling. I guess he could fit for "heroin chic" aesthetics of SLP (he's tall skelly blond).

The problem is he's also from 3rd world country (spoiler: Russia), big opportunities with small number of options.
>>
you need to find a decent mother agency in your city, email them pics
>>
Recommend me a good modeling agency in Amsterdam. I fit the SLP aestetic. I dont have high hopes walking for Hedi but arent there a lot of brands/designers looking for tall and skinny?
>>
is clear skin a huge requirement?

i have the perfect modelling aesthetic for something like SLP (6'1, 125lbs) and have often been complemented on my jawline/cheekbones

problem is i have mild acne aswell
>>
>>10944062
clear skin is probably the most important thing after height and weight lol
>>
>>10944047
Ive been signed with 2 agencies in Amsterdam both a big one and a smaller one and the smaller one is way better because they acc give u attention. But ueah i got scouted so idk how much help i can be
>>
>>10944108
How did you get scouted?
What do they look for? Im 1.87m, 61kg and have a strong jawline. Also have clear skin. What kind of jobs do you do?
>>
>>10944062
they'll probably just make you wear makeup desu
>>
>>10944121
Once shopping and once at work. as for what they look for it differs with every agency, generally speaking dutch agencies dont get you jobs theyre mother agencies and try to get you to foreign ones. De boekers is decent, elite is good, iamelk is good idk about other ones except known which is the one im with now but its very new so idk how much work theyll get me. But yeah just send polaroids to their mails if u want feedback
>>
File: Yves-Saint-banned-PA.jpg (120KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Yves-Saint-banned-PA.jpg
120KB, 1368x1026px
My friend went to korea to model for three moths,there were 16 people in his group from all over the world and half of them were russian.

Contact the biggest world agencies,send them your polaroids via e-mail, and pray that they will find you interesting.

Also dont rely on scouting,contact them and send them your pictures,you got nothing to lose man.
>>
Also, height isn't that important if you are really good in other areas. But generally the ideal height is between 183 to 187 cm
>>
>>10944133
How much work do you got on like a monthly basis?
>>
>>10944250
At this point nothing, i didnt do anything for 6 months and didnt sign with my new agency Til 2 weeks ago. That being said its just a matter of getting to foreign agencies and getting into fashion weeks, thats the real money, editorias and smaller shows are nice but wont earn u much unless youre lachowski. Remember that getting signed to an agency is no guarentee of getting jobs
>>
>tfw you're too ugly to model
>>
Anyone have any experience with any agencies in WI?
>>
>>10944310
Thanks for your response man, how do you get yourself in the picture though? To get yourself in the runways?
>>
>>10944317
dude if you're a skelly having odd features is what some brands are looking for. not every model is a 10/10 with near perfect facial symmetry. look at slp and rick shows
>>
>>10944310
What do they people you work or have worked with look like? Would you have geussed they were models if you walked past them?
>>
Could someone list, like the top ten features needed to be a model?

I want to see what I need to improve to be a model.
>>
A lot of people recommend me to give modelling shot, I'm not insecure about my height in my normal life but is it even worth trying if you're 5'5?
>>
>>10944494
1) look really good in photographs and have a BMI of 18

2-10) meet an agent who takes an interest.
>>
tfw
>deep, slit green eyes
>strong straight brows
>strong jaw/chin
>high cheek bones
>wavy brown hair

>5'10
>>
>>10945018
post pic and we will pick apart the good features so you dont feel as bad
>>
>>10944783
theres a possibility you could do commercials or lifestyle modeling but not high fashion
>>
>tfw you get scouted
feels good man
>>
>>10944062
no, agencies give you a skin care routine or will tell you to contact a dermatologist and will give you make up to buy from a shop that will match your skin so it's not that big of a deal
>>
Forgive my ignorance, but what is SLP modeling?
>>
>>10945166
modeling for Saint Laurent Paris. Usually means being skeleton-tier skinny because that's how their models look.
>>
anyone know good agencies in Vancouver (Canada)?
>>
>>10943993
I have an ottermode type body , do brand look for this type of body or it's mostly skinny type

My specs are 6,3 173lbs
>>
>>10945812
My body fat is also pretty low
>>
I got signed a month ago, but haven't been contacted to actually do any photo shoots
do I contact them and ask or just wait?
>>
>>10945812
ottermode toned thin androgynous masucline alien mix is currently trending.
>>
What about italy? Is it either Milan or nothing?
>>
hello it's slp anon can somebody save what i write so that it can just be copy and pasted? i hate having to write it out each time but feel bad for not sharing my knowledge

going for a bigger agency doesn't mean you'll get bigger. Bigger agencies tend to prefer having people with already some experience, they have big clients to work with and don't want to be booking test shoots for noobs.

That being said, if they like you they'll sign you and will do exactly that. Smaller agencies are a better bet imo, they're more likely to worth with you to build your portfolio to actually get you some work. Clear skin isn't a requirement, it's preferred obviously, my skin is pretty alright, but i've met models with pretty bad skin and they've never had a problem.

Aesthetics are really vague, i think you need a "look", mine would maybe be my extreme height and thinness? i don't know, but i guess height, jawbones, facial symmetry all that is important i suppose, but in my honest opinion i think it's important to be yourself and be charismatic, even model faces are easy to forget, be impressionable.
>>
File: screencap.png (555KB, 450x678px) Image search: [Google]
screencap.png
555KB, 450x678px
>>10943993
>start a youtube acct reviewing energy drinks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXbj2fE2mMI
>somehow get scouted for '15 YSL
>would rather be reviewing water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IukTiqAqVBM

BASED GOD
>>
>>10946273
How can you practice becoming a better model, is it mostly having experience by doing loads of contract?
>>
>>10946355
proof on reviewbrah being scouted
>>
btw is 19 too old to start
>>
>>10947448
fuck no. dude, unless you look visibly aged, you can start any time
>>
Becoming a model is my dream.
I am 18 years old and I'm from Poland.
Im 183 cm and weight 73kg. I wish I was taller 3 cm.
I have pale, clean skin, blond hair, good ears, good jaw, chin. Kinda androgynous.
I don't only know how to start. If I make portfolio on maxmodels, I doubt there are any chances to be hired by agency.
When I finish highschool I am going to do something with regards to my future.
>>
>>10947498
as someone who's actually been signed twice, modelling shouldn't be your dream. it's a tough business and you can earn a lot more money doing other things. also if you're 183 you better be lachowki/lucky blue level of attractive because that's just too short.
>>
>>10947515
nothing wrong with 183, I'm signed too and it's obvious you don't know shit.
>>
>>10945018
gee. is 5'10 really that bad? :c
i'm 5'10 and i don't want to feel bad pls tell me it's gonna be alright.
>>
>>10947521
im sure ur walking huge shows.
>>
>>10947532
well I just got back from paris so yeah
>>
>>10947537
Paris is big not every show in paris is big.
>>
File: IMG_1189.jpg (83KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1189.jpg
83KB, 640x1136px
I'm 6'2", 152 lbs, might be too ugly tho. Used to get mistaken for a girl a lot when I was younger because I had longish hair. Started growing a light beard so that would stop happening. Pic related is me though. Give me your honest opinion on my long ass face
>>
>>10948052
Not same guy, but you sound jealous
>>
>>10948073
inb4 your beard is shit, yeah it does look gross in this pic. No denying that, needed a trim.
>>
>>10948073
Where's your jaw? And cheekbones?
>>
File: IMG_1117.png (715KB, 637x825px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1117.png
715KB, 637x825px
ok guys do me next, do I got what it takes?
>>
>>10949100
you look uber masculine
lurk /fit/ and become big
>>
>>10949118
i want to look like a male model though
>>
>>10949140
He's fucking with you, you don't look masculine, and you never will be a model. I'm sorry for being realistic
>>
I have a question to all people who are/were accepted to agency. How did you start?
Is it good enough to send your portfolio to agencies? Thank you for answer.
>>
>>10947315
proof is in the pudding.
>>
>>10947218
slp anon again

best way to practice imo is to practice in the mirror, just try things, and think of where you would use it. also maybe just try acting looser in front of the mirror, a lot of guys are quite stiff and as androgony is a thing now you gotta be looser

>>10947448
i started at 19

>>10949611
i got scouted. Send some photos to a local agency they do genuinely take that shit seriously, their job is to find new faces, if new faces turn up at their door they will look seriously, it saves them a lot

overall modeling isn't fun, it's long, boring, stressful. You have to live off one time payments and it's difficult, you never know where your head is at because your agency will always be slow. I'm a part time student which is the only reason i did it, but i recommend everybody to atleast try get in
>>
>>10950045
When you practice front of a mirror, what should you aim for , like do I need to know every good angles for me , should I practice walking.

And when you send photos for a portfolio to an agency , should you send shirtless photos?
>>
>>10951213
no you don't need to know your own angles, just do it to make yourself aware of your face, so you can kinda get an idea of what you're doing when you can't see yourself, for example maybe practice a certain look you think is sexy

practice walking? lol do you not walk every day? in the male world there's no "catwalk" you just walk however you normally walk, i'm 6'5 so i have to make sure i don't pace it

send like 3 photos of you topless, 3 profiles. then 1 photo of you clothed posing, head on

clothing is important i suppose, i mean you can wear whatever the fuck you want, but owning fashion doesn't make you fashionable, wear something that flatters you but make sure your clothes don't limit the context they can view you in
>>
>>10951409
just wanna make sure i don't mislead you and you fuck up the photos

take a picture of yourself in the following:
1) topless, head on
2), topless, left side
3) topless, right side
4) clothed, straight on, with a pose

don't worry about the pose just lean against the wall or something, maybe learn to hold your hands in weird ways lol have fun guys
>>
>>10945018
same
5'10 and was on the beach with my gf and one girl was scouting people and basically only asked us if we wanted to be models out of a lot of them in there

probably just something shady or whatever but always an ego booster
>>
>>10945932
>tfw all of these
>tfw stay in my home all the time because i am a former hamplanet so i have difficulties socializing or acting like an extrovert
>>
>>10951416
Okok , explains a lot, ty
I think im gonna try to make a portfolio and send it to agencies in my city.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.